What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope Julie has a great birthday, difficult getting out for a meal atm. You can always plan for later.
Atb
Derek
I shall pass on your good wishes. We went back into Cambs last week to source a few birthday treats from trusted sources. I don't really do meals out anymore - what is the point for a T2?- and we have little idea where to eat locally. This looks favourite so we may visit in October - wedding anniversary

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone from another late start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of crab and avocado salad sidled in at 4.8 this am

The pump in the garden water bucket thing has packed in - well, it’s not working, let’s say that. Other things - sorting out the summer house - all looks fine and the stereo system doesn’t seem to have suffered. But the pump. Blast. Afternoon spent lazying in the garden, a glass of wine and then the girl in the bubble turns up with parents in tow - toys in the garden - laughter, smashing. Bike washed and POWDERS checked - Petrol, Oil, Water, Damage/drive chain, Electrics, Rubber, Stopping (brakes)/Self (am I OK to ride).

Started on loose paintings of Storks and other similar birds - this one not really doing it but never mind. Another go later.

Happy Birthday to Julie who is now in @ianpspurs 2 month zone of mirth and japes. Have a great day with your granddaughter @Muddy Cyclist and enjoy another day on the bike @alf_Josiah. I shall drink koffy and then get my bike gear out - wonder where I will go?

View attachment 48998
I think this is a great stork @dunelm
He looks very cheerful
:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Watching the tiny white clouds at dawn from the comfort of my bed, and all the pairs of birds that appear to be nesting in my garden...I seem to be Noah's Ark...

Digital painting in Procreate of the dawn...

View attachment 48995
Well seen and painted, Dawn as it is often seen and all from the comfort of your bed.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings all. Libre showed 4.4 @ 5.17 rising via 5.00 @ 5.49 to 5.4 @ 7.17. The "arc of history" seems about right whatever the numbers. This fbg lark (local river) is in danger of becoming my Golden Calf. Should be more like the swingometer - all a bit of nonsense, only one poll counts. Anyhow, today is all about Julie's birthday - she is 2 years older than me for exactly 2 months. Maybe I don't go big on that one. So red wine, red meat and Yorkshire pudding yesterday with 2 petite new potatoes -genuine Norfolk ones (.1 rise @2 hrs, meh.) The skins rubbed off with my thumb and they were white. Sourced from a market stall on our Ely visit. Asparagus and strawberries also from the same place. They sell on 2 other Cambs markets which border Norfolk so obviously 100% trustworthy;). @Muddy Cyclist leaky pie sounds good ;) but trumped by grandchildren every time. Do what you gotta do today folks. Haters gonna hate anyway.
Lyrics: Iffy in parts but HGH.
Happy birthday to Julie, I hope you pampered her all day. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone from another late start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of crab and avocado salad sidled in at 4.8 this am

The pump in the garden water bucket thing has packed in - well, it’s not working, let’s say that. Other things - sorting out the summer house - all looks fine and the stereo system doesn’t seem to have suffered. But the pump. Blast. Afternoon spent lazying in the garden, a glass of wine and then the girl in the bubble turns up with parents in tow - toys in the garden - laughter, smashing. Bike washed and POWDERS checked - Petrol, Oil, Water, Damage/drive chain, Electrics, Rubber, Stopping (brakes)/Self (am I OK to ride).

Started on loose paintings of Storks and other similar birds - this one not really doing it but never mind. Another go later.

Happy Birthday to Julie who is now in @ianpspurs 2 month zone of mirth and japes. Have a great day with your granddaughter @Muddy Cyclist and enjoy another day on the bike @alf_Josiah. I shall drink koffy and then get my bike gear out - wonder where I will go?

View attachment 48998
Thanks, great day here lots of silly fun.

A very active bird from you today, lots of movement and character, like these loose birds, feathered variety of course. :)

Hope you found some place great to ride to.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Dawn again, or at least that is how this digital painting started.
But it was pretty in pink...
I wasn't in pink mode...
So I altered the dawn to dramatics...
Many many layers, and I lost the plot, but worked out a few new techniques in Procreate.
Not sure if it becomes a sunset now?
It's your choice...

Have a good day!

F8427611-1E98-496B-81E8-2D144C78C325.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, great day here lots of silly fun.

A very active bird from you today, lots of movement and character, like these loose birds, feathered variety of course. :)

Hope you found some place great to ride to.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist. Silly fun is the best fun. Had a splendid and meandering ride.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I wasn't in pink mode...
Many many layers, and I lost the plot, but worked out a few new techniques in Procreate.
It's your choice...

Have a good day!

View attachment 49016
A wonderful tree and reminds me very much of my time in Africa. When the sun goes down and disappears over the horizon, leaving behind an illusion of it still being there - and all of a sudden, like turning off a light - darkness - then the universe opens up - and stars - countless billions of stars.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I wasn't in pink mode...
It's your choice...

Have a good day!

View attachment 49016
Powerful, unworldly digital piece. I have seen such sunsets in England but not as dramatic as those seen by @dunelm in Africa. Good that you gained knowledge from doing this painting.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another day of quiet air and shining sun here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a slow roasted lamb belly came in at 5.1 this am.

Had one of those “I wonder where that road goes” days yesterday. Letting one road lead to somewhere else and just looking at signposts pointing down B roads to somewhere interesting. Ended up skirting round the back of Northallerton and then a zig-zag meaner in the rough direction of home, arriving several hours later and 100 miles on the clock.
Lateral Flow Test - my first stab at one yesterday with the assistance of a mirror and a torch - more difficult to report on line than doing the actual test. Negative - well, so it indicated with a single stripe. You can have two a week which is probably why they come in a box of seven - it’s like one of those school maths questions - buns come in packs of six and burgers in packs of eight - how many packets of each do you require to get ........ the answer of course is “stop buying stuff from that shop”.

Another stork this morning - one of those “just get that brush moving” affairs - about 5 minutes on rice paper. Hope that everyone is still enjoying some sunshine. I shall drink koffy and await the arrival of the girl in the bubble.

upload_2021-4-20_7-19-59.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning so fbs definitely back to normal after the vaccine.

A fun day ahead - my appointment to have my stitches taken out is this afternoon. Not looking forward to it but hopefully won't be too bad.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today. Bacon and Eggs were involved in the result along with some veg.

Good day yesterday, lots of games with Grandaughter all outside as it was a wall to wall sunshine day.

Muddy (dusty) Cycle ride this morning then whatever the day throws at me, probably more Lawn Manicuring for next door neighbour. Still I think it's another bare leg day. :)

Keep safe and drift along the paths that time leads you.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I wasn't in pink mode...
It's your choice...

Have a good day!

View attachment 49016
I think it is a stunning sunset.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another day of quiet air and shining sun here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a slow roasted lamb belly came in at 5.1 this am.

Had one of those “I wonder where that road goes” days yesterday. Letting one road lead to somewhere else and just looking at signposts pointing down B roads to somewhere interesting. Ended up skirting round the back of Northallerton and then a zig-zag meaner in the rough direction of home, arriving several hours later and 100 miles on the clock.
Lateral Flow Test - my first stab at one yesterday with the assistance of a mirror and a torch - or difficult to report on line than doing the actual test. Negative - well, so it indicated with a single stripe. You can have two a week which is probably why they come in a box of seven - it’s like one of those school maths questions - buns come in packs of six and burgers in packs of eight - how many packets of each do you require to get ........ the answer of course is “stop buying stuff from that shop”.

Another stork this morning - one of those “just get that brush moving” affairs - about 5 minutes on rice paper. Hope that everyone is still enjoying some sunshine. I shall drink koffy and await the arrival of the girl in the bubble.

View attachment 49017
Sounds like a good day of exploring was enjoyed yesterday.

Flow tests! I agree reporting the result is far the most difficult part, maybe because our eyes are watering after the pleasure of doing them. :)

Brush moving went well, bird looks good to me.

Enjoy the day with girl in the bubble, magic moments.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Too late for @gennepher but well intentioned. Great dawn artwork. The ride out yesterday sounds like it should be on prescription as a wonder tonic @dunelm. More Grandchildren days for fbg @Muddy Cyclist. Best wishes for #stitchremovslgate @Krystyna23040 but hooray for demise of #jabgateeffercts. Swipey was all 4.9ish this a.m. - sliver of b'day cake, no abhorrent icing but there was jam. At least there were no hellish cupcakes:arghh: Between an ageing, part broken body, distrust of some of the claims for lc and lack of any kind of love for much lc food I've no idea where to pitch my expectations. Enjoy your day and I hope you balance your own pleasure vs control equation well. Julie uttered a cryptic "thank those kind people for their good wishes, you don't know how much their support means in this situation". What's that all about?;)

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and most shades in between.

A peanut and cheese fuelled 7.1 this morning on the meter of plotting and down right deviousness.

Me and me's can also report a good ride yesterday, but alas my distance was only 91 miles, but I did stop at motorcycle greasy spoon cafe, me and me's avoided the greasy spoon.

I was given permission for yesterday's ride by Mrs J and all became clear when I got back to Tilehurst Towers, Mrs J has been to a garden centre exchanging the contents of my bank account for green weeds, big bags of pot filling stuff and other such accoutrements, still it should keep her away from interfering in my schemes.

Wood working: I have been asked if I would build a foot bridge over a ditch for a partially disabled friend, not sure about this one and it's not a project that I can pass on to another wood working friend who is known as " Dave the Fence " who normally picks up my cast off's.

My plinky plonky keyboard lessons start again today, should be interesting, now I shall try and remember if the black keys come before the white keys, but at least the regular lessons provide structure to my week.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers have a good day and remember the stays.

Reactions: mojo37