1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

WARNING. If eating breakfast it might be better to read no further.

The nurse had to give up yesterday when her efforts started to make the wound bleed. I think it was quite hard to stitch it in A&E because the edges were so jagged and there was so much blood still coming out.

• Hug Hug x 7
  2. Krystyna23040

I really do hope you are right. Mr K said that I needn't have gone to A&E as he could have used Gorilla glue on it

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Krystyna23040

5.6 this morning. Just finishing coffee, dog walk next then another coffee before classes start at 9.30am.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I like the more controlled sploshing. The sun catching the foreground pushes the dark blues off into the distance. I feel the distance is in a rain storm, blurred and I distinct as such weather makes shapes dissolve. Interesting to see where your next painting takes you. You could keep controlling the sploshing until you turn out a painting in Preraphalite Style. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Muddy Cyclist

Socking it to us as usual @dunelm :) do they come in pairs?

Your birds are getting better and better, some great brushwork in these two ideas, superb and very enjoyable paintings.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Muddy Cyclist

Hug for the sticky stitches, I had some glue on stiches in my hand a few years ago, all worked out fine with time.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Muddy Cyclist

Good Morning and 6.5 for me today, no reason as I can see so I will just roll along with Dracula take on BG.

Great long Dusty Cycle ride yesterday. The heathland was unusually silent, that heavy stillness that is seldom felt in these busy times, I sat for an hour at the spot I want me ashes scattered after I leave this mortal coil, just soaking up the view and atmosphere, magical.

On arriving home I found a huge bench plonked on my drive. Our son had welded it together out of used horseshoes. Unexpected and a surprise and so the rest of my day consisted of wire brushing the dirt out of the grooves, it was like concrete, then giving it a coat of paint, needs another later today.
    Here it is before and after.....
    IMG_4786.JPG
    Keep safe be amazing.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Just checking it really is Wednesday - yep, no 5 grandchild is here so it must be. Doesn't Paddington know marmalade is vey, vey high carb?:arghh: My fbg could well have been the 4.8 (snap @karen8967 ) Swipey intimated. Slew of data not where I want but this management by lc is merely an aspiration like levelling up and securing borders. Spiffing Finnish knitwear @dunelm; amazing bench @Muddy Cyclist - must have been heavy to shift. What an amazing present though. Nice humour around the stitches @Krystyna23040 - like Mr K's snippet. Have a great and safe day peeps - pups burst their stockade overnight. Result looked much like I imagine England in about 10 years time;)

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  9. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My 7.7 was short live back to the 9's this am with a 9.1 . Today is a another day as they ( who they are I don't know lol ) so onwards ...or downwards with the carbs .:rolleyes:

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Krystyna23040

Did it take very long for the glue to go?

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are not sure about today, but at least it is national bin day :)

This morning on that meter of mystery a 7.3 and no idea where that came from, one of life's puzzles.

I have two things planned for today, all mundane washing the car and motorcycle. Oh and a third plinky plonky practice.
    What an exciting life......
    Now me and me's must go and bark at the postman.

Remember the stays, stay safe, stay well, stay apart and finally stay away from the depressing media.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

I love your indoor socks !
    And the cranes. They are wonderful @dunelm

I do believe it is Wednesday and not Tuesday, unless you have bought shares in the Tardis...

If it is Tuesday, then I have problems today...

Take care.

Throw a dice in the lottery of what day of the week it is...oh dear, there is not a seventh side...so have we lost Sunday (or is that Saturday?).

I have definitely gone doolally...join me in doolallyland?

• Funny Funny x 8
  13. gennepher

Ah, don't worry @Krystyna23040 I have a steel stomach...
    So...

It is a pity it is not nearer Halloween, because you wouldn't have needed a costume.
    There were some delightful emojies on this subject, but I decided not to scare the children...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
  14. gennepher

That is absolutely brilliant @Muddy Cyclist

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. gennepher

Fbg from doolallyland 6.5

One of those days yesterday that drove me up the wall and beyond...

And I got no sleep...
    I have to sleep almost upright propped up with pillows because of breathing and swallowing problems.
    So, last night the cat (Popeye) decided to sleep on the top of my head (I didn't feel him get on the top of my head, I opened my eyes to a 5 armed furry octopus dangling down the sides of my face), his 4 legs and tail dangling down the sides of my face. He was totally chilled out and relaxed, and thus I had a fur hat all night...I didn't get back to sleep after that...
    I couldn't get that fur hat off this morning. It was like it had glued itself to my hair. I think he must have been combing it with his claws. I finally extracted myself. Whereupon the said fur hat head-butted me because I was trying to paint this dandelion in Procreate, on my iPad. Naughty me had forgotten no iPads in his Lordship's presence.

The fur hat has been exiled to the potting shed...

And here is my digital dandelion...

And I am going to sleep.....

B2901001-18CA-48DE-9E99-4B2BE6C0C075.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Amazing dandelion so winner for that. Hug for uncomfortable sleep, funny for 5 armed furry octopus. Shame I can only give 1 rating. Funinnerug?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #43676 ianpspurs, Apr 21, 2021 at 12:25 PM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  17. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Even the Repair Shop has to give up at times.
    There was a grotty dog that someone had glued together very badly with what looked to be epoxy resin, they had to give up trying to get it apart! So they just filled the holes, rubbed down and sprayed over.
    I doubt whether that method would be used by medics!
    D.

• Funny Funny x 8
  18. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist. I am enjoying exploring different ways of painting these birds.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  19. dunelm

Oh what a superb surprise you might have to weld cushions on after the second paint coat.

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. dunelm

Thank you @gennepher I am enjoying all things cranes at present. I was definitely Tuesday when I got up but it quickly turned to Wednesday when I opened the front door and saw the bins lined up for the bin lorry cavalcade.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook