What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for those recalcitrant stitches @Krystyna23040

I have never had glue over stitches. I can’t imagine it... more hugs...
WARNING. If eating breakfast it might be better to read no further.

The nurse had to give up yesterday when her efforts started to make the wound bleed. I think it was quite hard to stitch it in A&E because the edges were so jagged and there was so much blood still coming out.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Just finishing coffee, dog walk next then another coffee before classes start at 9.30am.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.1 today

fine yesterday but raining today :sorry: we managed to get some more strimming done yesterday but raking up will have to wait ;)

quiet day today, just over to mum's to pick up her shopping list followed by a pleasant village walk when we got back :)
Mum is champing at the bit for the shops to open so she can go buy some more knitting wool for a sweater. she has taken to knitting up her left over bits of wool into pairs of bedsocks for the Xmas charity appeal.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

outdoor fun and exercise sounds good for both of you @alf_Josiah and @Muddy Cyclist :joyful:

@gennepher - two lovely pictures filled with stunning light :joyful: that second one almost has a UV glow.

@dunelm - I'm really enjoying your 'stork' pictures, the first is full of life and action, lovely ruffling feathers and the second one highlights how delicate but strong those long legs are :)

@Krystyna23040 - hope the stitch removal went painlessly :)

@ianpspurs - all good wishes to Julie :)

@Muddy Cyclist - sometimes a sketch is just the thing, filling up the memory store :)

art bit - slightly more structured paint sploshing today ;)
View attachment 49027
I like the more controlled sploshing. The sun catching the foreground pushes the dark blues off into the distance. I feel the distance is in a rain storm, blurred and I distinct as such weather makes shapes dissolve. Interesting to see where your next painting takes you. You could keep controlling the sploshing until you turn out a painting in Preraphalite Style. :)

Reactions: mojo37 and dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a slow start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ham and eggs dropped in at 5.4 this am

Late breakfast in a pub garden yesterday - very pleasant, they had laid out the place well and it was table service only. Should have bought shares in fancy gazebos.
A parcel arrived yesterday from friends in Finland containing two pairs of traditional Finnish indoor socks - will be well good when they are finished.
Art - a couple of images taken from my backing paper with a couple of ideas. Hope your Tuesday is a good one. I shall have koffy and then see what the day brings.

View attachment 49036

View attachment 49035

View attachment 49034
Socking it to us as usual @dunelm :) do they come in pairs?

Your birds are getting better and better, some great brushwork in these two ideas, superb and very enjoyable paintings.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.5 for me today, no reason as I can see so I will just roll along with Dracula take on BG.

Great long Dusty Cycle ride yesterday. The heathland was unusually silent, that heavy stillness that is seldom felt in these busy times, I sat for an hour at the spot I want me ashes scattered after I leave this mortal coil, just soaking up the view and atmosphere, magical.

On arriving home I found a huge bench plonked on my drive. Our son had welded it together out of used horseshoes. Unexpected and a surprise and so the rest of my day consisted of wire brushing the dirt out of the grooves, it was like concrete, then giving it a coat of paint, needs another later today.
Here it is before and after.....
IMG_4786.JPG

Keep safe be amazing.

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checking it really is Wednesday - yep, no 5 grandchild is here so it must be. Doesn't Paddington know marmalade is vey, vey high carb?:arghh: My fbg could well have been the 4.8 (snap @karen8967 ) Swipey intimated. Slew of data not where I want but this management by lc is merely an aspiration like levelling up and securing borders. Spiffing Finnish knitwear @dunelm; amazing bench @Muddy Cyclist - must have been heavy to shift. What an amazing present though. Nice humour around the stitches @Krystyna23040 - like Mr K's snippet. Have a great and safe day peeps - pups burst their stockade overnight. Result looked much like I imagine England in about 10 years time;)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My 7.7 was short live back to the 9's this am with a 9.1 . Today is a another day as they ( who they are I don't know lol ) so onwards ...or downwards with the carbs .:rolleyes:

Reactions: alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are not sure about today, but at least it is national bin day :)

This morning on that meter of mystery a 7.3 and no idea where that came from, one of life's puzzles.

I have two things planned for today, all mundane washing the car and motorcycle. Oh and a third plinky plonky practice.
What an exciting life......
Now me and me's must go and bark at the postman.

Remember the stays, stay safe, stay well, stay apart and finally stay away from the depressing media.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a slow start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ham and eggs dropped in at 5.4 this am

Late breakfast in a pub garden yesterday - very pleasant, they had laid out the place well and it was table service only. Should have bought shares in fancy gazebos.
A parcel arrived yesterday from friends in Finland containing two pairs of traditional Finnish indoor socks - will be well good when they are finished.
Art - a couple of images taken from my backing paper with a couple of ideas. Hope your Tuesday is a good one. I shall have koffy and then see what the day brings.

View attachment 49036

View attachment 49035

View attachment 49034
I love your indoor socks !
And the cranes. They are wonderful @dunelm

I do believe it is Wednesday and not Tuesday, unless you have bought shares in the Tardis...

If it is Tuesday, then I have problems today...

Take care.

Throw a dice in the lottery of what day of the week it is...oh dear, there is not a seventh side...so have we lost Sunday (or is that Saturday?).

I have definitely gone doolally...join me in doolallyland?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WARNING. If eating breakfast it might be better to read no further.

The nurse had to give up yesterday when her efforts started to make the wound bleed. I think it was quite hard to stitch it in A&E because the edges were so jagged and there was so much blood still coming out.
Ah, don't worry @Krystyna23040 I have a steel stomach...
So...

It is a pity it is not nearer Halloween, because you wouldn't have needed a costume.
There were some delightful emojies on this subject, but I decided not to scare the children...

t98067.gif
t98068.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6.5 for me today, no reason as I can see so I will just roll along with Dracula take on BG.

Great long Dusty Cycle ride yesterday. The heathland was unusually silent, that heavy stillness that is seldom felt in these busy times, I sat for an hour at the spot I want me ashes scattered after I leave this mortal coil, just soaking up the view and atmosphere, magical.

On arriving home I found a huge bench plonked on my drive. Our son had welded it together out of used horseshoes. Unexpected and a surprise and so the rest of my day consisted of wire brushing the dirt out of the grooves, it was like concrete, then giving it a coat of paint, needs another later today.
View attachment 49037
Keep safe be amazing.
That is absolutely brilliant @Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg from doolallyland 6.5

One of those days yesterday that drove me up the wall and beyond...

And I got no sleep...
I have to sleep almost upright propped up with pillows because of breathing and swallowing problems.
So, last night the cat (Popeye) decided to sleep on the top of my head (I didn't feel him get on the top of my head, I opened my eyes to a 5 armed furry octopus dangling down the sides of my face), his 4 legs and tail dangling down the sides of my face. He was totally chilled out and relaxed, and thus I had a fur hat all night...I didn't get back to sleep after that...
I couldn't get that fur hat off this morning. It was like it had glued itself to my hair. I think he must have been combing it with his claws. I finally extracted myself. Whereupon the said fur hat head-butted me because I was trying to paint this dandelion in Procreate, on my iPad. Naughty me had forgotten no iPads in his Lordship's presence.

The fur hat has been exiled to the potting shed...

And here is my digital dandelion...

And I am going to sleep.....

B2901001-18CA-48DE-9E99-4B2BE6C0C075.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg from doolallyland 6.5

One of those days yesterday that drove me up the wall and beyond...

And I got no sleep...
I have to sleep almost upright propped up with pillows because of breathing and swallowing problems.
So, last night the cat (Popeye) decided to sleep on the top of my head (I didn't feel him get on the top of my head, I opened my eyes to a 5 armed furry octopus dangling down the sides of my face), his 4 legs and tail dangling down the sides of my face. He was totally chilled out and relaxed, and thus I had a fur hat all night...I didn't get back to sleep after that...
I couldn't get that fur hat off this morning. It was like it had glued itself to my hair. I think he must have been combing it with his claws. I finally extracted myself. Whereupon the said fur hat head-butted me because I was trying to paint this dandelion in Procreate, on my iPad. Naughty me had forgotten no iPads in his Lordship's presence.

The fur hat has been exiled to the potting shed...

And here is my digital dandelion...

And I am going to sleep.....

View attachment 49038
Amazing dandelion so winner for that. Hug for uncomfortable sleep, funny for 5 armed furry octopus. Shame I can only give 1 rating. Funinnerug?

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Glue! Might well have deteriorated by the time you go back.

Even the Repair Shop has to give up at times.
There was a grotty dog that someone had glued together very badly with what looked to be epoxy resin, they had to give up trying to get it apart! So they just filled the holes, rubbed down and sprayed over.
I doubt whether that method would be used by medics!
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49037
Keep safe be amazing.
Oh what a superb surprise you might have to weld cushions on after the second paint coat.