What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a good day of exploring was enjoyed yesterday.

Flow tests! I agree reporting the result is far the most difficult part, maybe because our eyes are watering after the pleasure of doing them. :)

Brush moving went well, bird looks good to me.

Enjoy the day with girl in the bubble, magic moments.

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist. Toys at the ready for the girl in the bubble - enjoy your ride.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Too late for @gennepher but well intentioned. Great dawn artwork. The ride out yesterday sounds like it should be on prescription as a wonder tonic @dunelm. More Grandchildren days for fbg @Muddy Cyclist. Best wishes for #stitchremovslgate @Krystyna23040 but hooray for demise of #jabgateeffercts. Swipey was all 4.9ish this a.m. - sliver of b'day cake, no abhorrent icing but there was jam. It least there were no hellish cupcakes:arghh: Between an ageing, part broken body, distrust of some of the claims for lc and lack of any kind of love for much lc food I've no idea where to pitch my expectations. Enjoy your day and I hope you balance your own pleasure vs control equation well. Julie uttered a cryptic thank those kind people for their good wishes, you don't know how much their support means in this situation. What's that all about?;)
Riding a bike - best tonic going. You do well to keep a good 2m anti-social distance from anything vaguely resembling a cup cake - especially if they are sitting on one of those fancy stands.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and most shades in between.

A peanut and cheese fuelled 7.1 this morning on the meter of plotting and down right deviousness.

Me and me's can also report a good ride yesterday, but alas my distance was only 91 miles, but I did stop at motorcycle greasy spoon cafe, me and me's avoided the greasy spoon.

I was given permission for yesterday's ride by Mrs J and all became clear when I got back to Tilehurst Towers, Mrs J has been to a garden centre exchanging the contents of my bank account for green weeds, big bags of pot filling stuff and other such accoutrements, still it should keep her away from interfering in my schemes.

Wood working: I have been asked if I would build a foot bridge over a ditch for a partially disabled friend, not sure about this one and it's not a project that I can pass on to another wood working friend who is known as " Dave the Fence " who normally picks up my cast off's.

My plinky plonky keyboard lessons start again today, should be interesting, now I shall try and remember if the black keys come before the white keys, but at least the regular lessons provide structure to my week.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers have a good day and remember the stays.

Ah! 91 miles but a stop at a greasy spoon is worth at least 10 more, if not more. Sympathy and sorrow for the sad exchange of good hard cash for the contents of a garden centre - the word schadenfreude slipped in there somewhere. Take solace in your plinky plonky and add more fuel to the tank.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A more playful fella may wish to weaponise an opportunity which has just come my way. Someone temporarily 2 yrs older than I managed to book a click and collect at Cambridge Aldi having forgotten the delivery arranged today via another supermarket. I would never dream of banking that for future reference;) The day has certainly perked up immensely and Starbucks is still to come:angelic: Good week actually what with Jose going.:woot:

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A rather pleasing 7.7 this am though once upon a time I would have thought this number dire , a drop from the stinky 9's of late due to my restraint in the carb department yesterday ( just under 100 carbs in total ).Off shopping to source some reasonably low carb bread. Bread is definitely my nemesis!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A wonderful tree and reminds me very much of my time in Africa. When the sun goes down and disappears over the horizon, leaving behind an illusion of it still being there - and all of a sudden, like turning off a light - darkness - then the universe opens up - and stars - countless billions of stars.
Thank you @dunelm
For that wonderful description of the setting sun in Africa. It is beautiful...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another day of quiet air and shining sun here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a slow roasted lamb belly came in at 5.1 this am.

Had one of those “I wonder where that road goes” days yesterday. Letting one road lead to somewhere else and just looking at signposts pointing down B roads to somewhere interesting. Ended up skirting round the back of Northallerton and then a zig-zag meaner in the rough direction of home, arriving several hours later and 100 miles on the clock.
Lateral Flow Test - my first stab at one yesterday with the assistance of a mirror and a torch - more difficult to report on line than doing the actual test. Negative - well, so it indicated with a single stripe. You can have two a week which is probably why they come in a box of seven - it’s like one of those school maths questions - buns come in packs of six and burgers in packs of eight - how many packets of each do you require to get ........ the answer of course is “stop buying stuff from that shop”.

Another stork this morning - one of those “just get that brush moving” affairs - about 5 minutes on rice paper. Hope that everyone is still enjoying some sunshine. I shall drink koffy and await the arrival of the girl in the bubble.

View attachment 49017
A joyful long legged bird @dunelm

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings one and all. Too late for @gennepher but well intentioned. Great dawn artwork. The ride out yesterday sounds like it should be on prescription as a wonder tonic @dunelm. More Grandchildren days for fbg @Muddy Cyclist. Best wishes for #stitchremovslgate @Krystyna23040 but hooray for demise of #jabgateeffercts. Swipey was all 4.9ish this a.m. - sliver of b'day cake, no abhorrent icing but there was jam. At least there were no hellish cupcakes:arghh: Between an ageing, part broken body, distrust of some of the claims for lc and lack of any kind of love for much lc food I've no idea where to pitch my expectations. Enjoy your day and I hope you balance your own pleasure vs control equation well. Julie uttered a cryptic "thank those kind people for their good wishes, you don't know how much their support means in this situation". What's that all about?;)
Good morning @ianpspurs
t117002.gif

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.1 today

fine yesterday but raining today :sorry: we managed to get some more strimming done yesterday but raking up will have to wait ;)

quiet day today, just over to mum's to pick up her shopping list followed by a pleasant village walk when we got back :)
Mum is champing at the bit for the shops to open so she can go buy some more knitting wool for a sweater. she has taken to knitting up her left over bits of wool into pairs of bedsocks for the Xmas charity appeal.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

outdoor fun and exercise sounds good for both of you @alf_Josiah and @Muddy Cyclist :joyful:

@gennepher - two lovely pictures filled with stunning light :joyful: that second one almost has a UV glow.

@dunelm - I'm really enjoying your 'stork' pictures, the first is full of life and action, lovely ruffling feathers and the second one highlights how delicate but strong those long legs are :)

@Krystyna23040 - hope the stitch removal went painlessly :)

@ianpspurs - all good wishes to Julie :)

@Muddy Cyclist - sometimes a sketch is just the thing, filling up the memory store :)

art bit - slightly more structured paint sploshing today ;)
upload_2021-4-20_17-29-40.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
hope the stitch removal went painlessly
Stitch removal was painless but unfortunately there is quite a lot of glue over some of the the stitches and I have to go back next week so that the nurse can have another go at taking these out.

lindisfel

Expert
John Campbell was talking about the Indian variant today and the tardiness of the politicians once again on bringing in quarantine and stopping flights in.

He thinks there will be a rush into the uk in the next three days, with no quarantine and many will be going into multigenerational households with the children mixing in schools.
It is also believed this new variant may escape the vaccine.
How do people get away with being so inept? Boy, J.C. was very upset about it.
Doris may well say we have to live with this and there well be another wave later in year.
Why would we risk our vaccine success, I can't see the Aussies and NZ people being so stupid.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

fine yesterday but raining today :sorry: we managed to get some more strimming done yesterday but raking up will have to wait ;)

quiet day today, just over to mum's to pick up her shopping list followed by a pleasant village walk when we got back :)
Mum is champing at the bit for the shops to open so she can go buy some more knitting wool for a sweater. she has taken to knitting up her left over bits of wool into pairs of bedsocks for the Xmas charity appeal.

outdoor fun and exercise sounds good for both of you @alf_Josiah and @Muddy Cyclist :joyful:

@gennepher - two lovely pictures filled with stunning light :joyful: that second one almost has a UV glow.

@dunelm - I'm really enjoying your 'stork' pictures, the first is full of life and action, lovely ruffling feathers and the second one highlights how delicate but strong those long legs are :)

@Muddy Cyclist - sometimes a sketch is just the thing, filling up the memory store :)

View attachment 49027
Thank you for the painting compliment @geefull

Your paint ‘sploshing’ has produced a beautiful painting. I like it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stitch removal was painless but unfortunately there is quite a lot of glue over some of the the stitches and I have to go back next week so that the nurse can have another go at taking these out.
Hugs for those recalcitrant stitches @Krystyna23040

I have never had glue over stitches. I can’t imagine it... more hugs...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49027
Thank you for your comments @geefull. Another successful sploshing from you today. I like the suggestion of the trees.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Glue! Might well have deteriorated by the time you go back.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a slow start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ham and eggs dropped in at 5.4 this am

Late breakfast in a pub garden yesterday - very pleasant, they had laid out the place well and it was table service only. Should have bought shares in fancy gazebos.
A parcel arrived yesterday from friends in Finland containing two pairs of traditional Finnish indoor socks - will be well good when they are finished.
Art - a couple of images taken from my backing paper with a couple of ideas. Hope your Tuesday is a good one. I shall have koffy and then see what the day brings.

upload_2021-4-21_6-21-48.jpeg

upload_2021-4-21_6-21-27.jpeg

upload_2021-4-21_6-21-8.jpeg