What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

Frosty during the night last night :sorry:
we've had a quite day pottering at home with just a quick walk to get some milk and dispatch some glass jars into the bottle bank becaue it has rained all day here :) The poor caravan dwellers are looking a little soggy as they doggy walk on the beach.
From a visitors' conversation overheard in the village shop (and human nature being what it is), there seems to be a bit of a feeling of 'I've been shut up for months couldn't we at least get a bit of sun '

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - handsome bath pond in the making there :) and I look forward to the continuation of your painting, it promises well :joyful:

@dunelm - lovely shaded blossom there, the colour glows and that's a fine fat pigeon in your park painting, we have a couple such that visit in our garden :)
Mum has a gean cherry tree in the garden but any little fruits soon get snapped up by the birds ;)

@lindisfel - Tom Lehrer ;) :D

@gennepher - lovely swan picture, very fluidly painted too and I enjoyed the inspiration :)

art bit -
this was one of the last of the pictures I painted on my original batch of paper, you can see that this one was quite badly affected by the flaws in the surface sizing (looks like darker pinholes where the paint just sank in :sorry: ) I should have fixed the 'cauliflower' in the clouds but I was a bit disheartened :arghh: Onward and upward ;)
View attachment 49326
Thank you, yep bath pond seemsOk but I get a feeling it's going to need quite a lot of care. Also we actually purchased two snails to keep it clean, ourgarden is full of the blighters but Mrs MC says these are special one for ponds.

I think you painting very good, great depth, clouds and reflections, of course your hills are as good as always. However I empathise with the disheartened feeling, I have been having a lot of those with my paintings of late.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still painting yesterday's watercolour and waiting for paint to dry before detailing the ploughed field. I have been Held up by creating Mrs MCs pond in a bath, visit to garden centre for plants and rocks, spirit level and digging to get water level. So two pictures of finished pond in a bath and how far I progressed with my watercolour....
View attachment 49323
View attachment 49324
Water colour will get finished Sunday, I hope. Off to play my guitar for an hour now as I'm out of practise and after the 17th hopefully a couple of friends will be able to join us indoors for a jam session,so practice, practice...
A4 watercolour...
View attachment 49325
Your painting is progressing nicely @Muddy Cyclist

You have been working hard today on the garden...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.6 today

Frosty during the night last night :sorry:
we've had a quite day pottering at home with just a quick walk to get some milk and dispatch some glass jars into the bottle bank becaue it has rained all day here :) The poor caravan dwellers are looking a little soggy as they doggy walk on the beach.
From a visitors' conversation overheard in the village shop (and human nature being what it is), there seems to be a bit of a feeling of 'I've been shut up for months couldn't we at least get a bit of sun '

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - handsome bath pond in the making there :) and I look forward to the continuation of your painting, it promises well :joyful:

@dunelm - lovely shaded blossom there, the colour glows and that's a fine fat pigeon in your park painting, we have a couple such that visit in our garden :)
Mum has a gean cherry tree in the garden but any little fruits soon get snapped up by the birds ;)

@lindisfel - Tom Lehrer ;) :D

@gennepher - lovely swan picture, very fluidly painted too and I enjoyed the inspiration :)

art bit -
this was one of the last of the pictures I painted on my original batch of paper, you can see that this one was quite badly affected by the flaws in the surface sizing (looks like darker pinholes where the paint just sank in :sorry: ) I should have fixed the 'cauliflower' in the clouds but I was a bit disheartened :arghh: Onward and upward ;)
View attachment 49326
Thank you for the compliments @geefull

I am on my tiny phone screen here, so I am unable to see any flaws in the paper, and your painting looks brilliant as always to me. Don’t be dissatisfied, but I know that is easier said than done...

Reactions: dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning

With the mention of higher protein, I was intrigued.

I noticed there is a dedicated post to it on here, and had intended to do a little reading up

So when I came across this in my feeds, I thought I would share.

Makes mention of how diet doctor teams have tried it done with great success.

Not a fulsome report, warts are in there too,, which was nice to see & made me take it a little more seriously.

Helped with IBS, they say, which our Steph suffers, so we may be trying that this summer.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/diet-doctor-team-members-try-higher-protein-low-carb-diet

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Digital Painting for today in Procreate.
It didn't set out to be an actual painting. I was just playing with layers and other things to see what new effects that could create.
The black started out as a tree (but I am always doing a tree) nothing wrong with that, but I was trying an experiment... I could see what I wanted in my minds eye, but it needed more time, and I had already spent an hour on the painting, and so I stopped.

A very dull sunrise this morning, and I am going back to sleep, cat is already back asleep, he agrees...

EDIT: Just watching those two bluetits again. At 6:30 am. They have just come to the feeder, both of them. The male is still feeding the female. She is keeping him busy...

F9343FFD-6245-43BA-B061-66C8625F8654.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to add to recent post, sarcopenia...
( Had to Google it :rolleyes:....yep sorry all, .....
that's why I sit at the back of the class :wacky: )

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/sarcopenia#TOC_TITLE_HDR_4

This bit nailed it for me .

3. Inflammation
After injury or illness, inflammation sends signals to the body to tear down and then rebuild the damaged groups of cells.

Chronic or long-term diseases can also result in inflammation that disrupts the normal balance of teardown and healing, resulting in muscle loss.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

It didn't set out to be an actual painting. I was just playing with layers and other things to see what new effects that could create.
The black started out as a tree (but I am always doing a tree) nothing wrong with that, but I was trying an experiment... I could see what I wanted in my minds eye, but it needed more time, and I had already spent an hour on the painting, and so I stopped.

A very dull sunrise this morning, and I am going back to sleep, cat is already back asleep, he agrees...

EDIT: Just watching those two bluetits again. At 6:30 am. They have just come to the feeder, both of them. The male is still feeding the female. She is keeping him busy...

View attachment 49327
What amazing foreground reflections and distant sky you have created. Not sure if the black works, would be interesting to see what you have in mind for the finished picture.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a here we go again 6.3 for me today. Two meals yesterday, missed lunch, no snacks and smoked salmon salad followed by Yogurt and seeds and a reading of 5.4 before bed.

Should have been watching Grandaughters doing a cross country event but yesterday's rain left the ground very soggy so it's called off.

Day is mine to do what I wish with, or rather what I am allowed to do.

Keep safe make use of your Wellington Boots.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What amazing foreground reflections and distant sky you have created. Not sure if the black works, would be interesting to see what you have in mind for the finished picture.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist
That tells me the initial layers I did worked well.
The black was the last layer...

Just had a look in Procreate, but I merged all the layers together so I cannot remove it now...

EDIT: Hang on, I saved a version of this before the black...

What do you think @Muddy Cyclist ?

5BB7E084-6016-4525-AAC3-08D9FCB3998A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning

With the mention of higher protein, I was intrigued.

I noticed there is a dedicated post to it on here, and had intended to do a little reading up

So when I came across this in my feeds, I thought I would share.

Makes mention of how diet doctor teams have tried it done with great success.

Not a fulsome report, warts are in there too,, which was nice to see & made me take it a little more seriously.

Helped with IBS, they say, which our Steph suffers, so we may be trying that this summer.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/diet-doctor-team-members-try-higher-protein-low-carb-diet
Yes, I really liked this article for exactly the same reason as you did - that they wrote about it 'warts and all '.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Easter +5. Swipey bestowed a 4.1 on me upon waking rising to 4.6 after dog duties and tea making - both uber essential. Rumours of dry days, something orange in blue skies and barbeques. Surrounded by >20k US service people and families here, barbeques are quite The Thing. No Moose but lots of deer for budding De Niros. The art gallery in here as I catch up - wow. @geefull another masterpiece; @gennepher a 2fer treat; @dunelm cherry trees (I lived in a house called Cherry Villa once upon a time); art and neatly arranged garden @Muddy Cyclist (hugs for the irritation of fbg). @jjraak so a summer of whey protein isolate, liquid egg whites (fluffy omelettes?), Greek yogurt and looking at the other wonder wheel for you - maybe not the salmon in your case? - ribeye scores well. Enjoy your day safely and considerately.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

View attachment 49327
Very atmospheric painting today.
I love reading about the two bluetits in your garden.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist
That tells me the initial layers I did worked well.
The black was the last layer...

Just had a look in Procreate, but I merged all the layers together so I cannot remove it now...

EDIT: Hang on, I saved a version of this before the black...

What do you think @Muddy Cyclist ?

View attachment 49328
Great! I can see why you wanted to add some middle ground, perhaps have another go but not so black. Stands well on its own though, keep the saved version.