What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 today

a pleasant afternoon today after a morning af rain and quite a few visitors in the village walking on the beach, mr gee and I went for a walk round the village after we got back from mum's and there were quite a few people sitting outside the pub with their drinks enjoying the sun. Felt really odd, we're not used to seeing that any more ;)

Lunch today was high meat content sausage casserole with a tiramisu taste-alike for pudd. made with my lc chocolate sponge, rum, coffee, double cream, yoghurt, cream cheese topped with lashings of dark chocolate :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - interesting experiment with some nice colour contrasts, the pre-version is lovely :)
if you want to add your tree perhaps using a layer with lowered opacity to make it a little shadowy might be interesting.

@dunelm - homemade ice-cream is great :D I really like the gentle effect of your painting today, very pleasing :)

@jjraak - looks like an interesting day, nice pics. :)

@lindisfel - sounds like it was a good morning, it's so nice to be able to take some steps out again (even if still with some limits) :)

art bit -
this is painted on a piece of the elderly Bockingford watercolour pad, (well, middle-aged anyway, it's about 50 ;) ) as you can probably see the paper has discoloured more towards one edge than the other and the sizing seems to have degraded, it's rather more blotting paper like than I'm used to, it handled quite well all things considered and I'm looking forward to trying the new version :)

upload_2021-5-9_21-1-44.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on a promised light cloud and fresh breeze start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of very spiced eggs and mushrooms with home made bread came in at 4.8 this am

Ice cream - Discovered our long lost ice cream maker in the back of a cupboard yesterday so making ice cream today out of double cream, Greek yoghurt and milk - I also bought some zero calorie salted caramel and want to give it a whirl with ice cream and berries.
I am on electrician duty today - Mrs Miggins wants a single socket in the hallway changing to a double. See, this is what happens when people get the urge to decorate - all manner of things pop up. I used to be able to do jobs like this without turning off electricity but nowadays I need the assistance of Elf and Safety - I will also need a hand getting up of the floor when done - **** this ageing body.
Blossom and snow - both have been reported so painting today to reflect. Boating in the mist - not to be confused with Dian Fossey. Hope your Sunday is a good one. I must get some koffy and then make a move.

View attachment 49329
A seasonal piece of art, brave boatmen. I like the painting of the season you are in well done very atmospheric.

You realise how much fuss and groaning you make when getting off the floor when your Grandaughters with thespian talents mimic you. They make me smile and feel old. :)

Now the boasting bit, I can still sit on the floor and useing just one leg get into the standing position. Even my Grandaughters and kids can't do that. :angelic: I do groan though.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on a promised light cloud and fresh breeze start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of very spiced eggs and mushrooms with home made bread came in at 4.8 this am

Ice cream - Discovered our long lost ice cream maker in the back of a cupboard yesterday so making ice cream today out of double cream, Greek yoghurt and milk - I also bought some zero calorie salted caramel and want to give it a whirl with ice cream and berries.
I am on electrician duty today - Mrs Miggins wants a single socket in the hallway changing to a double. See, this is what happens when people get the urge to decorate - all manner of things pop up. I used to be able to do jobs like this without turning off electricity but nowadays I need the assistance of Elf and Safety - I will also need a hand getting up of the floor when done - **** this ageing body.
Blossom and snow - both have been reported so painting today to reflect. Boating in the mist - not to be confused with Dian Fossey. Hope your Sunday is a good one. I must get some koffy and then make a move.

View attachment 49329
A seasonal piece of art, brave boatmen. I like the painting of the season you are in well done very atmospheric.

You realise how much fuss and groaning you make when getting off the floor when your Grandaughters with thespian talents mimic you. They make me smile and feel old. :)

Now the boasting bit, I can still sit on the floor and useing just one leg get into the standing position. Even my Grandaughters and kids can't do that. :angelic: I do groan though.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.8 today

a pleasant afternoon today after a morning af rain and quite a few visitors in the village walking on the beach, mr gee and I went for a walk round the village after we got back from mum's and there were quite a few people sitting outside the pub with their drinks enjoying the sun. Felt really odd, we're not used to seeing that any more ;)

Lunch today was high meat content sausage casserole with a tiramisu taste-alike for pudd. made with my lc chocolate sponge, rum, coffee, double cream, yoghurt, cream cheese topped with lashings of dark chocolate :D

@gennepher - interesting experiment with some nice colour contrasts, the pre-version is lovely :)
if you want to add your tree perhaps using a layer with lowered opacity to make it a little shadowy might be interesting.

@dunelm - homemade ice-cream is great :D I really like the gentle effect of your painting today, very pleasing :)

@lindisfel - sounds like it was a good morning, it's so nice to be able to take some steps out again (even if still with some limits) :)

art bit -
this is painted on a piece of the elderly Bockingford watercolour pad, (well, middle-aged anyway, it's about 50 ;) ) as you can probably see the paper has discoloured more towards one edge than the other and the sizing seems to have degraded, it's rather more blotting paper like than I'm used to, it handled quite well all things considered and I'm looking forward to trying the new version :)

View attachment 49337
How do you get that light, brilliant.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon all.

Day 2 of 2nd Pfizer jab
A little clogged up today, nothing major, asthmatic, but not had any issues with it really since LCHF, so may be coincidental.

Fbg still higher 7.3..temp 36.4. So nothing of note.

Day out yesterday, with furry nephew.
Intention was to go Richmond park with him after Lauren's jab.

Rain persuaded us to use a more local park

This one only on South side of river, go past it regularly... and I've NEVER been there .:woot:

So sharing a few pics of my surprise park
Got new phone 48MP pics, WAY too large for my photo apps to reduce to forum size :sorry:

So testing out a pic resizer as my old app, has helpfully been updated and no longer does that :banghead:

Pic 1 Surprise park twinned with Cheyne walk & the Mississippi.

2 A fine walk ruined, so they say.
Mini golf..who knew :wideyed:

And finally Frankie, bless him became the Elf on the Shelf anytime Lauren left car..
( jab / shopping)

He watched her cross road for jab and disappear from sight... kept his eye on her return for a good 5 minutes before giving up xx

(And pic resizer, great success..better then old one, so thank you for **** update old app..gonna miss ya. :bag::D)

View attachment 49332
View attachment 49335

View attachment 49333
View attachment 49334
Look s like a great adventure.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry no art, although I have made a start on Cader Idris in a mist. Daughter and family turned up. So Grandad got to play silly games with youngest grandaughter and guitar playing with son in law, great afternoon and early evening.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.5 for me today. That's a surprise, before evening meal I had surcumbed to one of Mrs MCs Fruit Scones with my afternoon coffee, daughter and son in law had one so I joined them to be polite,:) so spiked my BG to 7.3 before evening meal of Baked Salmon and Stir Fryed greens and peppers. After meal it dropped to 5.4. I did however expect overnight alchemy to give higher numbers. Happy! :)

I have a telephone call booked with health centre nurse to discuss my Solar Keratosis which is playing up again, how she can help without seeing it I have no idea.

Wilfrid VW into garage to have Steering Bushes replaced so after dropping it off a Muddy Cycle ride should lift my spirit and get me through to lunchtime.

Greattits renting our bird box have lots of kids, mum and dad are very busy.

Keep safe appreciate the beauty of Spring.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon all.

Day 2 of 2nd Pfizer jab
A little clogged up today, nothing major, asthmatic, but not had any issues with it really since LCHF, so may be coincidental.

Fbg still higher 7.3..temp 36.4. So nothing of note.

Day out yesterday, with furry nephew.
Intention was to go Richmond park with him after Lauren's jab.

Rain persuaded us to use a more local park

This one only on South side of river, go past it regularly... and I've NEVER been there .:woot:

So sharing a few pics of my surprise park
Got new phone 48MP pics, WAY too large for my photo apps to reduce to forum size :sorry:

So testing out a pic resizer as my old app, has helpfully been updated and no longer does that :banghead:

Pic 1 Surprise park twinned with Cheyne walk & the Mississippi.

2 A fine walk ruined, so they say.
Mini golf..who knew :wideyed:

And finally Frankie, bless him became the Elf on the Shelf anytime Lauren left car..
( jab / shopping)

He watched her cross road for jab and disappear from sight... kept his eye on her return for a good 5 minutes before giving up xx

(And pic resizer, great success..better then old one, so thank you for **** update old app..gonna miss ya. :bag::D)

View attachment 49332
View attachment 49335

View attachment 49333
View attachment 49334
Nice set of pics. What resizer are you now using? I have one called Image Size by Www.codenia.com which works quite well but am always on the lookout for alternatives. I use the free version that has ads on but I don’t mind that, they are not that intrusive.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.8 today

art bit -

View attachment 49337
Thank you @geeful and we enjoyed our ice cream - your tiramisu sounds good. Elderly Bockingford may not be up to full par but your finished painting certainly is. Wonderful light. Spot on.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist. It does seem that quite a few grandchildren have the talent to tread the boards at quite an early age. Our four year old twins are particularly good and have even begun swapping rolls half way through the school day now that they have figured out that coloured hair bobbles are being used to identify them to their teacher.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.5 for me today. That's a surprise, before evening meal I had surcumbed to one of Mrs MCs Fruit Scones with my afternoon coffee, daughter and son in law had one so I joined them to be polite,:) so spiked my BG to 7.3 before evening meal of Baked Salmon and Stir Fryed greens and peppers. After meal it dropped to 5.4. I did however expect overnight alchemy to give higher numbers. Happy! :)

I have a telephone call booked with health centre nurse to discuss my Solar Keratosis which is playing up again, how she can help without seeing it I have no idea.

Wilfrid VW into garage to have Steering Bushes replaced so after dropping it off a Muddy Cycle ride should lift my spirit and get me through to lunchtime.

Greattits renting our bird box have lots of kids, mum and dad are very busy.

Keep safe appreciate the beauty of Spring.
I had a telephone consult with my GP earlier this year, she sent me a link that, upon opening, gave her access to the camera on my phone - worked quite well. Maybe your GP will do similar.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a sun burning away the overcast start to a day of hope in the weather dept here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Vietnamese Duck in spiced orange sauce followed by home made ice cream with berries came in at 5.8 this am - probably the orange juice but we did enjoy it.

Mrs Miggins is well on with the hallway re-vamp, we are even having new, coordinated lamp shades. Meantime, down on the floor and taking a peek inside the socket - which by the way seems to be made of bakelite and fitted sometime in the 60’s - the wiring showed that it was a spur and the cable itself, although quite serviceable, was probably not going to be happy being fiddled about with. Groan, creak, left it be.

Mrs Miggins has asked for some 6 x 4 pictures using some of the paper samples that I have. So, here is the first one, on semi-sized rice paper. Hope everyone has a a marvelous Monday. Koffy in the pot.

upload_2021-5-10_8-43-54.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Lovely sunny dog walk this morning. Just time to catch up with posts before classes start.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from a damp Breckland. So much activity by fellow posters. Here goes. Great photos @jjraak; Gooderstone and shake sound wonderful @Krystyna23040. Great fbg, food, afternoon with family and accomplishment @Muddy Cyclist. Solar keratosis is a worry @Muddy Cyclist - hopefully had mine sorted in 2019 just after the other C. Twins, hallway and art all tickety boo @dunelm and the duck orange combo well worth the fbg. Fine fbg @karen8967. Wonderful artwork again @geefull. Phew, may have missed a few. Swipey reckons in the region of 4 to 4.4 following a BBQ for 4 generations - 91.5 to 3 months still to go. @lindisfel birding yesterday sounds good, thoughts on events dear boy, events not much use. We're living in an era no writer from the Theatre Of The Absurd would dare to publish. Just laugh, eat drink and be merry - if your body allows that via LC. If not, who knows where the time goes?

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.00am FBG 6.1
Walked the cat around the estate ( he is so fat - needs more exercise) slow amble for me, cat trotting alongside, but protesting vocally everytime i turn away from motorhome and breakfast.
FBG 7.30am 6.6
That liver has been busy again.
Hour later after coffee and nut granola
BG 6.3
No 2 hour test, went for eye test instead.
Glasses might not be ready in time :arghh:
MrSlim has been trying to book PCR tests. Limited availability and cost varies considerably.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a sun burning away the overcast start to a day of hope in the weather dept here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Vietnamese Duck in spiced orange sauce followed by home made ice cream with berries came in at 5.8 this am - probably the orange juice but we did enjoy it.

Mrs Miggins is well on with the hallway re-vamp, we are even having new, coordinated lamp shades. Meantime, down on the floor and taking a peek inside the socket - which by the way seems to be made of bakelite and fitted sometime in the 60’s - the wiring showed that it was a spur and the cable itself, although quite serviceable, was probably not going to be happy being fiddled about with. Groan, creak, left it be.

Mrs Miggins has asked for some 6 x 4 pictures using some of the paper samples that I have. So, here is the first one, on semi-sized rice paper. Hope everyone has a a marvelous Monday. Koffy in the pot.

View attachment 49338
Cracking Landscape,love the colours, Mrs Miggins should be chuffed, looking forward to more.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.00am FBG 6.1
Walked the cat around the estate ( he is so fat - needs more exercise) slow amble for me, cat trotting alongside, but protesting vocally everytime i turn away from motorhome and breakfast.
FBG 7.30am 6.6
That liver has been busy again.
Hour later after coffee and nut granola
BG 6.3
No 2 hour test, went for eye test instead.
Glasses might not be ready in time :arghh:
MrSlim has been trying to book PCR tests. Limited availability and cost varies considerably.
Cracking fbg bearing in mind all the stress. You're a mentally strong woman.