1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A seasonal piece of art, brave boatmen. I like the painting of the season you are in well done very atmospheric.

You realise how much fuss and groaning you make when getting off the floor when your Grandaughters with thespian talents mimic you. They make me smile and feel old. :)

Now the boasting bit, I can still sit on the floor and useing just one leg get into the standing position. Even my Grandaughters and kids can't do that. :angelic: I do groan though.

• Winner Winner x 5
  2. Muddy Cyclist

A seasonal piece of art, brave boatmen. I like the painting of the season you are in well done very atmospheric.

You realise how much fuss and groaning you make when getting off the floor when your Grandaughters with thespian talents mimic you. They make me smile and feel old. :)

Now the boasting bit, I can still sit on the floor and useing just one leg get into the standing position. Even my Grandaughters and kids can't do that. :angelic: I do groan though.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Muddy Cyclist

How do you get that light, brilliant.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Muddy Cyclist

Look s like a great adventure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Muddy Cyclist

Sorry no art, although I have made a start on Cader Idris in a mist. Daughter and family turned up. So Grandad got to play silly games with youngest grandaughter and guitar playing with son in law, great afternoon and early evening.

• Winner Winner x 6
  6. Muddy Cyclist

Good Morning and a 5.5 for me today. That's a surprise, before evening meal I had surcumbed to one of Mrs MCs Fruit Scones with my afternoon coffee, daughter and son in law had one so I joined them to be polite,:) so spiked my BG to 7.3 before evening meal of Baked Salmon and Stir Fryed greens and peppers. After meal it dropped to 5.4. I did however expect overnight alchemy to give higher numbers. Happy! :)

I have a telephone call booked with health centre nurse to discuss my Solar Keratosis which is playing up again, how she can help without seeing it I have no idea.

Wilfrid VW into garage to have Steering Bushes replaced so after dropping it off a Muddy Cycle ride should lift my spirit and get me through to lunchtime.

Greattits renting our bird box have lots of kids, mum and dad are very busy.

Keep safe appreciate the beauty of Spring.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

5.5 for me have a good day everyone

• Winner Winner x 7
  8. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Nice set of pics. What resizer are you now using? I have one called Image Size by Www.codenia.com which works quite well but am always on the lookout for alternatives. I use the free version that has ads on but I don’t mind that, they are not that intrusive.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. dunelm

Thank you @geeful and we enjoyed our ice cream - your tiramisu sounds good. Elderly Bockingford may not be up to full par but your finished painting certainly is. Wonderful light. Spot on.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. dunelm

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist. It does seem that quite a few grandchildren have the talent to tread the boards at quite an early age. Our four year old twins are particularly good and have even begun swapping rolls half way through the school day now that they have figured out that coloured hair bobbles are being used to identify them to their teacher.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. dunelm

I had a telephone consult with my GP earlier this year, she sent me a link that, upon opening, gave her access to the camera on my phone - worked quite well. Maybe your GP will do similar.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. dunelm

Good morning everyone on a sun burning away the overcast start to a day of hope in the weather dept here in the dark and dangerous north
    The wonder wheel of Vietnamese Duck in spiced orange sauce followed by home made ice cream with berries came in at 5.8 this am - probably the orange juice but we did enjoy it.

Mrs Miggins is well on with the hallway re-vamp, we are even having new, coordinated lamp shades. Meantime, down on the floor and taking a peek inside the socket - which by the way seems to be made of bakelite and fitted sometime in the 60’s - the wiring showed that it was a spur and the cable itself, although quite serviceable, was probably not going to be happy being fiddled about with. Groan, creak, left it be.

Mrs Miggins has asked for some 6 x 4 pictures using some of the paper samples that I have. So, here is the first one, on semi-sized rice paper. Hope everyone has a a marvelous Monday. Koffy in the pot.

upload_2021-5-10_8-43-54.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 7
  13. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.8 this morning. Lovely sunny dog walk this morning. Just time to catch up with posts before classes start.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

a definite winner for this - even with the groaning.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Good morning all from a damp Breckland. So much activity by fellow posters. Here goes. Great photos @jjraak; Gooderstone and shake sound wonderful @Krystyna23040. Great fbg, food, afternoon with family and accomplishment @Muddy Cyclist. Solar keratosis is a worry @Muddy Cyclist - hopefully had mine sorted in 2019 just after the other C. Twins, hallway and art all tickety boo @dunelm and the duck orange combo well worth the fbg. Fine fbg @karen8967. Wonderful artwork again @geefull. Phew, may have missed a few. Swipey reckons in the region of 4 to 4.4 following a BBQ for 4 generations - 91.5 to 3 months still to go. @lindisfel birding yesterday sounds good, thoughts on events dear boy, events not much use. We're living in an era no writer from the Theatre Of The Absurd would dare to publish. Just laugh, eat drink and be merry - if your body allows that via LC. If not, who knows where the time goes?

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #44415 ianpspurs, May 10, 2021 at 9:24 AM
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
  16. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

7.00am FBG 6.1
    Walked the cat around the estate ( he is so fat - needs more exercise) slow amble for me, cat trotting alongside, but protesting vocally everytime i turn away from motorhome and breakfast.
    FBG 7.30am 6.6
    That liver has been busy again.
    Hour later after coffee and nut granola
    BG 6.3
    No 2 hour test, went for eye test instead.
    Glasses might not be ready in time :arghh:
    MrSlim has been trying to book PCR tests. Limited availability and cost varies considerably.

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Muddy Cyclist

Cracking Landscape,love the colours, Mrs Miggins should be chuffed, looking forward to more.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Cracking fbg bearing in mind all the stress. You're a mentally strong woman.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. dunelm

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  20. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Thanks @Krystyna23040
    Your idea of a layer with a lower opacity would work.

Your painting is very attractive.
    50 year old paper could be considered an antique...
    The painting does have an aged look to it which is attractive...

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook