What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad the wound is healing. Looks like Unilever needs to be added to the portfolio https://www.bizjournals.com/bizwome...r-to-buy-beauty-tech-company-co-owned-by.html . I just pray Mr K's whisky money hasn't been frittered away. The poor man's only solace ;)
No chance of Mr K 's whisky money being frittered away. It is ring fenced and there is absolutely no chance of him running out of whisky.

I had no idea that Unilever had bought Living Proof. Must add their shares to my portfolio before anyone notices their sudden upsurge in sales.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No chance of Mr K 's whisky money being frittered away. It is ring fenced and there is absolutely no chance of him running out of whisky.

I had no idea that Unilever had bought Living Proof. Must add their shares to my portfolio before anyone notices their sudden upsurge in sales.
This may help you decide. 2.9% yield. Some oil companies may yield 3.6% a friend whispers in my shell like;) This is in no way meant to encourage people to buy shares - it is gambling not gambolling.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone from a Bleak House start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of porc with colcannon, gravy and apple sauce came in at 5.4 this am - bit of a phaf making mash, freezing it and then thawing to reduce carb load - not too much though - one ‘portion’ between 2 and yes, for mash, get smash.

Mrs Miggins has taken up painting - very large brushes and paints curtesy of Dulux. New Doors arriving today - 4 for upstairs and 2 for down - When The Music’s Over they will sit in the garage awaiting the Carpenter, We’ve Only Just Begun with this decorating lark.

Oh good, it’s started raining - well, a drizzle so that’s the garden watered then. No idea what the rest of the day has in store for us. Some more blossom today - saw a pigeon sat on a branch in the park yesterday to here it is. Have a wonderful day no matter how the elections went in your neck of the woods. Koffy time.

View attachment 49308

I hope you didnt get up to this guys tricks, @dunelm?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a Bleak House start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of porc with colcannon, gravy and apple sauce came in at 5.4 this am - bit of a phaf making mash, freezing it and then thawing to reduce carb load - not too much though - one ‘portion’ between 2 and yes, for mash, get smash.

Mrs Miggins has taken up painting - very large brushes and paints curtesy of Dulux. New Doors arriving today - 4 for upstairs and 2 for down - When The Music’s Over they will sit in the garage awaiting the Carpenter, We’ve Only Just Begun with this decorating lark.

Oh good, it’s started raining - well, a drizzle so that’s the garden watered then. No idea what the rest of the day has in store for us. Some more blossom today - saw a pigeon sat on a branch in the park yesterday to here it is. Have a wonderful day no matter how the elections went in your neck of the woods. Koffy time.

View attachment 49308
Cheerful cherry blossom @dunelm
It has all gone around here...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Digital painting in Procreate for today is this.
I saw some YouTube videos yesterday, and one was of a male swan whose mate had died in a dog attack. The male swan was swimming, carrying on his back the remaining cygnet. There were later video shots showing the cygnet grown up, so the male swan did a very good job. So, that was my inspiration, sort of, for this painting.

I saw something this morning, I have not seen before, outside my bedroom window, in the absolute pouring rain, two adult bluetits, where one was feeding the other. It was on my suet feeders. One bluetit was taking a piece of suet, and the other bluetit flew next to the first bird with the piece of suet, and the first bird put it into the second bird's mouth. This happened several times. And then the second bird flew into the shelter of the bushes nearby (it was teeming with rain), and the first bird continued to take a piece of suet and flew over to where the second bird was sheltering. And that happened several times. So, this was over about 5 minutes in duration,

I have never seen an adult bird (bluetit in this case) feed another adult bird. It looked so much like an act of love, but I am guessing it was a bonding of some sort. Anyone seen this before?

Edit: An hour later, from me first observing this, and the first bluetit is now feeding the second adult bluetit again....perhaps he (?) is trying to acquire a new mate?

8249EBC5-8DC9-40AF-BA1F-B00D26ABCC59.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher - we have two cherry trees in our garden: one that has white blossom and gives a crop of cherries and one that has pink blossom and never a cherry in sight - the pink one is still full of blossom.
I have had cherries, but those darn birds always get to the cherries before me @dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
E scooters? When I was working in Bath.. Yes I'm from Bath, live in the next county & working for a company in Bath.
Nothing fancy I started a shift at 6.30am. ;)

So in the dark. I'd encounter the riders on these things dressed like "splinter cell" stealth mode, no lights.
I spotted them the same way a distant planet gets spotted? A shadow across the brightest star.. Look for the "ghoasting" across bollard lighting or oncoming vehicles..

"Splinter cell" description is SO spot on.
All seem to be wannabe SWAT team members, dashing to a daring rescue in the mighty Metropolis

Electric Organ.(donors) more like, in the making, me thinks :watching:

Be waiting for the body count count to rise, then look forward to the ads..

"Wear something bright at night
Cos something bright is something right":singing:

Which obv :rolleyes: will be ignored,
so legislation & robust police actions it is then

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"Splinter cell" description is SO spot on.
All seem to be wannabe SWAT team members, dashing to a daring rescue in the mighty Metropolis

Electric Organ.(donors) more like, in the making, me thinks :watching:

Be waiting for the body count count to rise, then look forward to the ads..

"Wear something bright at night
Cos something bright is something right":singing:

Which obv :rolleyes: will be ignored,
so legislation & robust police actions it is then
Not a countryside issue as far as I know but how many of those riders are delivery workers paid by the job? Any stats available?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not a countryside issue as far as I know but how many of those riders are delivery workers paid by the job? Any stats available?
Mmhh interesting point.

Hadn't considered that.

think it's probably unlikely but not impossible.
small packet deliveries, maybe A4 size
certainly no pizza, and back to base every trip..mhh

most seem to have the small, size messenger bags(think tablet but too small for a laptop of any size..(almost)
or the back packs i've seen on some ladies.

good point raised though.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great you are both almost completely Covid jabbed. Hug for the possible discomfort I hope today you are feeling like you can rule the world. How are you getting on with your recovery from the broken limbs?

cheers for the thought.

FBGH 7.1 expected it, so meh

feeling fine today
(worried now i got a placebo....*for the tinfoil hatters..JoKing..;):D)

all good , just off out to chauffeur M'Lady for hers

aw, legs..:sorry:

still not back to full fitness.
thinking only yesterday how its dented my confidence, every step off a pavement has me scanning for dangers..:rolleyes:

R ankle still no where near healed.

pains at times, not intolerable but worrying, told it's expected for a year or so as nerves heal etc

still not fully able to articulate it.

tried resting, little improvement, beginning to get me down if honest,
but i am so much luckier then many.

Cheers for asking.
much appreciated.

Hope all is well with you.
Numbers look more to your liking today

lindisfel

Expert
Fbg 6.8

I saw some YouTube videos yesterday, and one was of a male swan whose mate had died in a dog attack. The male swan was swimming, carrying on his back the remaining cygnet. There were later video shots showing the cygnet grown up, so the male swan did a very good job. So, that was my inspiration, sort of, for this painting.

I saw something this morning, I have not seen before, outside my bedroom window, in the absolute pouring rain, two adult bluetits, where one was feeding the other. It was on my suet feeders. One bluetit was taking a piece of suet, and the other bluetit flew next to the first bird with the piece of suet, and the first bird put it into the second bird's mouth. This happened several times. And then the second bird flew into the shelter of the bushes nearby (it was teeming with rain), and the first bird continued to take a piece of suet and flew over to where the second bird was sheltering. And that happened several times. So, this was over about 5 minutes in duration,

I have never seen an adult bird (bluetit in this case) feed another adult bird. It looked so much like an act of love, but I am guessing it was a bonding of some sort. Anyone seen this before?

Edit: An hour later, from me first observing this, and the first bluetit is now feeding the second adult bluetit again....perhaps he (?) is trying to acquire a new mate?

View attachment 49321
Yes it happens a lot...its the case of the lady liking a box of chocolates.

lindisfel

Expert
Covid down to just two cases per hundred thousand in my area.

John Campbell wasn't happy in his last video, trippers for weddings and funerals to the Indian sub continent are coming back via Turkey (arranged legally by their travel agents) getting a mini holiday as well and not having to isolate or pay the cost of the hotel which is near £2000 per person.

Why are we still playing Russian roulette with our very effective vaccine service and risking a variant that escapes the vaccine coming into Britain?
As it stands I don't think we could go return to a football match in Turkey! But if we went via India it would be ok.

I think we have been lucky having a dedicated medical workforce and am afraid others have got the plaudits, those who continue to allow the country to be put at risk.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.45am FBG 6.0.
Have got cat booked for his health check next Thursday.
Another box ticked.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

I have never seen an adult bird (bluetit in this case) feed another adult bird. It look ed so much like an act of love, but I am guessing it was a bonding of some sort. Anyone seen this before?

View attachment 49321
Interesting observations re the bluetits @lindisfel may have an answer.

Lovely swan picture - Ride A White Swan - but do it in Australia? Wonderful colours - psychedelic peacock swan.

Footnote - just noticed that @lindisfel has indeed answered that one

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49308
A bird in the hand is worth..... shouldn't there be two? Superb blossom again you really manage to get the pink just right.

Reactions: dunelm and geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

View attachment 49321
That's a mighty fine and powerful swan you have painted today. I like the colours you have chosen, just excellent.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still painting yesterday's watercolour and waiting for paint to dry before detailing the ploughed field. I have been Held up by creating Mrs MCs pond in a bath, visit to garden centre for plants and rocks, spirit level and digging to get water level. So two pictures of finished pond in a bath and how far I progressed with my watercolour....
IMG_4825.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG

Water colour will get finished Sunday, I hope. Off to play my guitar for an hour now as I'm out of practise and after the 17th hopefully a couple of friends will be able to join us indoors for a jam session,so practice, practice...
A4 watercolour...
IMG_4827.JPG

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

Frosty during the night last night :sorry:
we've had a quite day pottering at home with just a quick walk to get some milk and dispatch some glass jars into the bottle bank becaue it has rained all day here :) The poor caravan dwellers are looking a little soggy as they doggy walk on the beach.
From a visitors' conversation overheard in the village shop (and human nature being what it is), there seems to be a bit of a feeling of 'I've been shut up for months couldn't we at least get a bit of sun '

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - handsome bath pond in the making there :) and I look forward to the continuation of your painting, it promises well :joyful:

@dunelm - lovely shaded blossom there, the colour glows and that's a fine fat pigeon in your park painting, we have a couple such that visit in our garden :)
Mum has a gean cherry tree in the garden but any little fruits soon get snapped up by the birds ;)

@lindisfel - Tom Lehrer ;) :D

@gennepher - lovely swan picture, very fluidly painted too and I enjoyed the inspiration :)

art bit -
this was one of the last of the pictures I painted on my original batch of paper, you can see that this one was quite badly affected by the flaws in the surface sizing (looks like darker pinholes where the paint just sank in :sorry: ) I should have fixed the 'cauliflower' in the clouds but I was a bit disheartened :arghh: Onward and upward ;)
upload_2021-5-8_20-24-3.jpeg