What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Totes forgot chums. 'Tis hug a hoody day - or was that several useless PMs ago? Julie's still asleep, dogs don't do hugs so I'm hugging a mug of tea. Alexa was positively rude when I offered her a hug.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning. Today have got a lovely long break between my morning class and the evening classes. Hopefully will tackle the growing pile of stuff to deal with on my dining room table and other admin stuff upstairs in the office. Admin/paperwork is never ending.
The hug is for the admin paperwork @Krystyna23040
Take a bit of time out just for you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from yet another day of indecisions in the weather department
The wonder wheel of roasted cod with a sauce vierge and green beans and asparagus rocked home at 4.4 this am.

I wonder if the supermarkets will have fewer shoppers today - maybe round lunch time when everyone is trying to record selfies in pubs to post on their dead interesting farcebok walls - “I was there when the pubs opened - look at me” - in a so called Indian or Kent or South African accent.

Stage one (paint) of the Spruce Goose is now complete and the project manager informs me that stage two (carpets) is scheduled for Thursday and I am being put in charge of letting the carpet fitters in and operating the kettle - what fun. Stage three (doors) will be some time after stage two. I think she has been watching that telly programme Grand Designs. I bet she goes over budget by buying fancy door handles or crystal chandaliers.

Painting today is on a pale yellow slip of rice paper, about 3 x 2 inches. Have a marvellous Monday - I shall be experienting with the keys on my phone and slurping koffy.

View attachment 49451
So small again @dunelm
This is gorgeous....

Enjoy your key experimenting today...and have plenty of coffee...

I have given up with Grand Designs, house decorating is not on my To Do list anymore...it fell off the bottom of the page...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoops I nearly forgot my Fbg and painting with all this key toggling discussion....

Fbg 6.7

I was going to do this cherry blossom in iPastel app, but the colour dropper tool has been removed, or it is another casualty of the the latest Apple update on the iPad which has rendered several art apps totally unusable or defunct in certain features like saving your digital paintings.

So I was working in iPastel, then moved it to Procreate, then back again...
I spent too long on it. It was meant to be enjoyable. But ended up hard work to get what I wanted. I finished it, but then I didn't like it, and used one of my saved versions from an hour previously.

But it wasn't wasted time. I learnt some valuable information on how to create a different effect between layers...

Now back down the rabbit hole of symbols...

521481DB-3DB1-4C84-BF6C-9BA03075E0CE.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The hug is for the admin paperwork @Krystyna23040
Take a bit of time out just for you.
i am not, and never have been, very good at taking time out just for me. It is really good advice though because it is so easy to overdo it. Our walks around the National Trust Parklands every Sunday really do 'recharge the batteries' and I can always feel the benefits from this recharging when I get home.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Brace yourselves posters, painters and gamers, me and me's and Mrs J returned a day early.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and key pressers enjoy your journey. I have been enjoying reading today's posts, pillars and paintings, well looking at the paintings.

A sprightly 6.7 on that abusive meter this morning, me and me's know what was eaten last night and consider ourselves chastised.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers we returned to Tilehurst Towers yesterday to be informed that a neighbour has moved and not left a forwarding address, yipee, they will be missed. ;-)

Me and me's can say that a week without access to WiFi has it's benefits especially access to Amazon, but with a couple of the rain storms the nearby stream began to look like the river.

Now it is time to think about serious stuff like, tea, koffy and bacon sarnies.

On a serious note. Restrictions have been lifted, but for me and me's this is the frightening period I shall be watching the infection rates closely and bark at the postman from a safe distance.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoops I nearly forgot my Fbg and painting with all this key toggling discussion....

Fbg 6.7

I was going to do this cherry blossom in iPastel app, but the colour dropper tool has been removed, or it is another casualty of the the latest Apple update on the iPad which has rendered several art apps totally unusable or defunct in certain features like saving your digital paintings.

So I was working in iPastel, then moved it to Procreate, then back again...
I spent too long on it. It was meant to be enjoyable. But ended up hard work to get what I wanted. I finished it, but then I didn't like it, and used one of my saved versions from an hour previously.

But it wasn't wasted time. I learnt some valuable information on how to create a different effect between layers...

Now back down the rabbit hole of symbols...

View attachment 49452
Lovely cherry blossom - I like that way that you have hinted at the leaves and blossoms - smashing composition and that blue background really brings out the best in the other colours

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brace yourselves posters, painters and gamers, me and me's and Mrs J returned a day early.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and key pressers enjoy your journey. I have been enjoying reading today's posts, pillars and paintings, well looking at the paintings.

A sprightly 6.7 on that abusive meter this morning, me and me's know what was eaten last night and consider ourselves chastised.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers we returned to Tilehurst Towers yesterday to be informed that a neighbour has moved and not left a forwarding address, yipee, they will be missed. ;-)

Me and me's can say that a week without access to WiFi has it's benefits especially access to Amazon, but with a couple of the rain storms the nearby stream began to look like the river.

On a serious note. Restrictions have been lifted, but for me and me's this is the frightening period I shall be watching the infection rates closely and bark at the postman from a safe distance.
Welcome back and yes, a week without WiFi certainly has it’s benefits.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Glad you are home safe and physically sound @alf_Josiah - probably nowhere near as glad as the folk from whence you departed;)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good late Morning and 6 for me today. 5.4 yesterday.

Missed posting Sunday as we had a very early start to watch Grandaughters taking part in Hunter Trials on their ponies. Turned into a real long day. Still our 10 year old came 1st in 3 classes and 8 year old 2cnd, 4th and 5th so all happy. How does lots of standing make one so tired? I was exhausted when we finally got home.

Then real early start today to drive away the tired aches of yesterday to get in a three hour Muddy Cycle Ride before the promised rain descended. Did the Commonwealth Games Trails twice getting faster, probably too fast as I over cooked a few berms, scary moments. :)

The Spring Growth on the Larch Trees inspired me to start my next watercolour.

Will try a catch up on posts.

Keep safe make the day special.

lindisfel

Expert
good evening all :)

4.8 today

definitely feel less limp today :D

sunday lunch at mum's with roast chicken wrapped in thick smoked bacon ;) followed by LC chocolate pudding with homemade custard. I might try making the custard with added whey protein just to see how it works out :)

We managed to get some grass cut at mum's after lunch since it hasn't rained for a couple of days so we're feeling positively angelic :D

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - descriptive narrative art today :) sounds like a win for the waterproofing ;)
those 'white messages' are a pain though.

@Krystyna23040 - hope the bluebells were spectacular. they are lovely 'en masse' we have a few in our garden just coming out :)

@dunelm - interesting idea doing a group of small doodles and a good way of testing out ideas :)

I had no idea you could get waterproof fabric in so many designs :)

@lindisfel - my dad's friend had a saying suitable for such occasions 'Oh man, ah must've weed on a fairy!' :D

art bit -
didn't do any art yesterday, just went to bed early :sorry:

In this painting I was trying out blending some colours in the sky to see how they behaved on this paper, interestingly the blue sank into the paper more leaving my sky a bit pinkish :)

View attachment 49448
I must remember that, geeful! Very funny, I bet the faires were laughing yesterday!
Keep smiling
Derek

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Missed posting Sunday as we had a very early start to watch Grandaughters taking part in Hunter Trials on their ponies. Turned into a real long day. Still our 10 year old came 1st in 3 classes and 8 year old 2cnd, 4th and 5th so all happy. How does lots of standing make one so tired? I was exhausted when we finally got home.

Then real early start today to drive away the tired aches of yesterday to get in a three hour Muddy Cycle Ride before the promised rain descended. Did the Commonwealth Games Trails twice getting faster, probably too fast as I over cooked a few berms, scary moments. :)

Wow. You have the energy of a young man. He'll be furious when he notices and comes looking for it. Granddaughters must have been chuffed as little mint balls.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely cherry blossom - I like that way that you have hinted at the leaves and blossoms - smashing composition and that blue background really brings out the best in the other colours
Thank you very much for the compliments @dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Spectacular - bet the granddaughters are well chuffed but perhaps not as much as you. Have the best fun on that Commonwealth Games Trail - is there a veterans class - hope so.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. You have the energy of a young man. He'll be furious when he notices and comes looking for it. Granddaughters must have been chuffed as little mint balls.
Was Little Mint Balls also competing?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I did go ahead with my HbA1c on Friday as my DN said that I could retake it in 3 months if a week on antibiotics or Covid 19 jabs had messed up the numbers.

Just got email from DN. HbA1c was 35 - so there was absolutely no need to worry about it. It also looks like it didn't matter about the high fbs as the rest of the time numbers are fine.

Cholesterol down to 4.7 from 5.6. So another marker that is good. I think the 5.6 was the result of the vat loads of cream. Blood pressure reading was really good also.

Since starting the P;E. Diet on 1st April I have had an increased feeling of wellness = as though my body really is working much better by prioritising protein - rather than vat loads of cream.

Last edited: