What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

I did gardening yesterday and that is not a good idea if I want to paint digitally, so as well as my hands shaking a bit, they feel like sausage fingers, and I keep accidentally touching the paint controls on the screen which is very frustrating.
But I did manage an owl in the manner of Lin Fengmian ...

Sun's out.

Have fun today...

Edit: might be an idea if I posted my painting...I think I have lost my brain as well...

IMG_30052021_072405_(1459_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Fbg 6.6

I did gardening yesterday and that is not a good idea if I want to paint digitally, so as well as my hands shaking a bit, they feel like sausage fingers, and I keep accidentally touching the paint controls on the screen which is very frustrating.

Sun's out.

Have fun today...

Edit: might be an idea if I posted my painting...I think I have lost my brain as well...

View attachment 49682
Sausage fingers....the story of my life....and big feet! :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

haar (Scotch mist :)) this morning so quite a chilly start here then suddenly the most lovely sunny day developed so we got our raking up done, had lunch and then went off to Mum's and set to on cutting her grass whilst the weather's dry, there were still a couple of places where it was still really soggy but we got quite a bit done. Good outdoor exercise ;)

Katy ran about a lot and barked at the mower every time she ran past :hilarious:
then she graciously accepted the chicken we'd brought, flopped down and went to sleep. What a life :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - lovely and delicate lady painting, well done despite the physical challenge, I like her draperies and the colours you've used :)

@Krystyna23040 - good to hear that things are healing well now :)

we have one of those BT mini- modem things too :) BT sent them out when the village internet failed. they can turn them on and off remotely so we were told to keep them in a safe place in case of further problems because of the damage that happened to the village cables earlier in the year.

@dunelm - I like it, it has a sculptural quality and the splashes of teal add a fine counterpoint of colourful energy :joyful:

@ianpspurs - Happy belated birthday to your grandaughter. I hope your ensemble plans come to fruition :)

art bit - thank you for your kind comments on my art :)

continuing my experiments this is based on the same photo as the previous flower study but is on hot pressed paper ( the very smooth paper people who paint botanical studies use).

I thought I'd give it a try, I'm pleased with it but I don't really think I have the patience to do botanical illustrations, especially since the paper requires a technique which encourages my tendency to fiddle :hilarious:

View attachment 49672
Thank you @geeful, it was a bit of fun. Nice experiment - interesting how a change in paper effects the outcome. Beautifully painted, such fine detail.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.55am FBG 6.3 It's all down to my tendency to overeat when worrying, stress indigestion last night and still lingering this morning. Silly of me I know, but can't seem to help it.
Clumsily spilt most of a cup of coffee, what a mess.
On the good side have bought a few vegetable plants and put in some radish seeds.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Sun's out.

Have fun today...

View attachment 49682
Ah! The old lost brain technique!o_O
You are going great guns with Lin Fengmian and this is a splendid owl.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone, it’s a fine start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a warm salad with far too many croutons - albeit made from fibreflour bread, came in at 5.8 this am

A few of last weeks monoprint experiments used and then tidy up time. We are off to Derbyshire this morning to spend the day, and night, with youngest son and family under canvas. What fun. Then tomorrow we will be taking the ninky nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse up to the little house on the prairie for a few days - probably returning to our house on Thursday and then taking them home at the weekend - ish!, and all subject to change at the last possible minute. But that’s the plan, and like all plans, they are only good until the minute you cross the start line. So, art table now reverted to dining table - I really ought to sort out a designated space. Managed to get all the ink and paint spills off said table and give the surface a rub with a little teak oil. Oak tables are supposed to age in mysterious ways, aren't they?

Picture for today - a crumpled A3 sheet of unsized rice paper monoprint and a bit of paint splatter. Hope that everyone gets their fair share of this glorious sunshine. Koffy, breakfast with the girl in the bubble, deliver her back to parents and then off we go.

upload_2021-5-30_8-2-44.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this lovely sunny morning.
Off to Oxburgh Hall shortly for a lovely walk around the woodland. So lovely that it is warm and sunny and our Broadband is still working..

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The wonder wheel of a warm salad with far too many croutons - albeit made from fibreflour bread, came in at 5.8 this am

A few of last weeks monoprint experiments used and then tidy up time. We are off to Derbyshire this morning to spend the day, and night, with youngest son and family under canvas. What fun. Then tomorrow we will be taking the ninky nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse up to the little house on the prairie for a few days - probably returning to our house on Thursday and then taking them home at the weekend - ish!, and all subject to change at the last possible minute. But that’s the plan, and like all plans, they are only good until the minute you cross the start line. So, art table now reverted to dining table - I really ought to sort out a designated space. Managed to get all the ink and paint spills off said table and give the surface a rub with a little teak oil. Oak tables are supposed to age in mysterious ways, aren't they?

Picture for today - a crumpled A3 sheet of unsized rice paper monoprint and a bit of paint splatter. Hope that everyone gets their fair share of this glorious sunshine. Koffy, breakfast with the girl in the bubble, deliver her back to parents and then off we go.

View attachment 49686
have a great time with your grandchildren dunelm x

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Short post this Sunday am, have to go to Mordor ( London ) shortly, but before that have to do a covid test one of the home jobbies they make me sneeze.

6.3 on that #### meter.

Enjoy today and remember the stays.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from our dog walk around Thetford Forest this Trinity Sunday. We met a man - no whatsit Sherlock - who advised me not to wear shorts. He wasn't having a go at my spindly legs but warning of the prevalence of lymes disease in them there places. Fbg was 4.9 which isn't great but not distressing either. I am no longer remotely sure what accounts for my bg levels or how to alter them. They are just something I monitor - did someone say obsessively? don't listen to Julie. Enjoy the whole experience with family @dunelm - the man with the plan (our boys loved that story). @Krystyna23040 Oxburgh hall, broadband, sun - truly your cup runneth over. @alf_Josiah take very great care in the nation's capital. @SlimLizzy hug for stress and spilled coffee. Fine piece of art there @gennepher sausage fingers or no. @geefull a wonderful, delicate piece yesterday. I'm also learning about the different types of paper and their influence on the art and the artist it seems. Very kind of you - Geeful- to wish my plan/dream well. Hasn't been a good couple of years for my hopes and plans but I'm still in the game so who knows. TTFN.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 49686
A great splatter @dunelm
Have fun!

lindisfel

Expert
Back from our dog walk around Thetford Forest this Trinity Sunday. We met a man - no whatsit Sherlock - who advised me not to wear shorts. He wasn't having a go at my spindly legs but warning of the prevalence of lymes disease in them there places. Fbg was 4.9 which isn't great but not distressing either. I am no longer remotely sure what accounts for my bg levels or how to alter them. They are just something I monitor - did someone say obsessively? don't listen to Julie. Enjoy the whole experience with family @dunelm - the man with the plan (our boys loved that story). @Krystyna23040 Oxburgh hall, broadband, sun - truly your cup runneth over. @alf_Josiah take very great care in the nation's capital. @SlimLizzy hug for stress and spilled coffee. Fine piece of art there @gennepher sausage fingers or no. @geefull a wonderful, delicate piece yesterday. I'm also learning about the different types of paper and their influence on the art and the artist it seems. Very kind of you - Geeful- to wish my plan/dream well. Hasn't been a good couple of years for my hopes and plans but I'm still here in the game so who knows. TTFN.
Hi Ian,
Ticks are getting worse since 1980s and they carry other diseases as well as lyme.
They are bad in Lakes, Scotland and the Pennines and Breckland.

I got one in a place I could not see and another got at the back of one knee and came off in the bath when I first noticed it.
You cannot feel them crawling on your body.
Long trousers tucked into ones socks help stop them. I got the bullseye rash the second time and both times I had doxycycline for two weeks from the doctor.

You need to check your dogs if they go into tick habitat.
Helen has known patients get Lyme disease in their own gardens.
Be careful out there!
Derek

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ian,
Ticks are getting worse since 1980s and they carry other diseases as well as lyme.
They are bad in Lakes, Scotland and the Pennines and Breckland.

I got one in a place I could not see and another got at the back of one knee and came off in the bath when I first noticed it.
You cannot feel them crawling on your body.
Long trousers tucked into ones socks help stop them. I got the bullseye rash the second time and both times I had doxycycline for two weeks from the doctor.

You need to check your dogs if they go into tick habitat.
Helen has known patients get Lyme disease in their own gardens.
Be careful out there!
Derek
Thanks Derek. Another reason for me to be "ecstatic" about being here. I feel really guilty about not feeling any pleasure from the house or area but good reasons seem to be stacking up by the day. Take care.

Reactions: gennepher

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
After a long hot day working in the "garden"

First BBQ of the year. Sitting in the evening sunshine, crickets chirping and a pair of Linnets are flirting along the fence. Swallows overhead and not a single vapour trail mars the perfect blue sky. Errant has returned, and is hoping for a share. Glass of rosé to hand, life doesnt get much better.

20210530_193013.jpg
20210530_193839.jpg