What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a mist burning off episode here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of entrecôte bordelaise with salad came in at 5.6 this am - last of the bone marrow from the freezer so must find some more.

Bank yesterday - what a palaver. Still, after 40 minutes everything sorted out by Patient Pauline. We also now have the deeds to our house - I need to tippex out the bit that says we cannot use the building as a public house, brew ale or manufacture spirits. The land was originally owned by Quakers - nice folk but missing out on some of the good stuff.
Parcel arrived from my mother containing a smart little Pentel brush pen, a few refills and a couple of brush stands - nice.
Half term - lots of young uns about and all the prices go up. Those bird feeders need filling up again - should I perhaps pin a note on saying that the suet is ‘off’.

I have no idea where this paining is going but it was a bit of fun. Have a smashing Saturday. Koffy time.
upload_2021-5-29_7-29-39.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Today holds the promise of some warmth and a convivial, outdoor, non masked but cautious gathering to celebrate two years of life for one of our granddaughters. @gennepher as @dunelm says, physical limitations or not a splendid piece of art once again. @SlimLizzy enjoy the early morning garden - another deep joy I so miss. @Krystyna23040 a Curate's egg of a post really. Great news on the healing of the head but less so on the supersonic broadband and 4g. Another great fbg @karen8967. Swipey reckons 4.7 for my start to the day. Along with a slew of other data I feel Mr Levy would be looking for a fresh manager. The fan base is no lover of the somewhat dour Portugeezer serial winner, LC Dietinho, and yearns for past entertainment and wins. Enjoy the day and indeed many. many, more.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Short posting today,.

5.3 on the meter of expletives.

Our 2 grandsons are arriving shortly, Mrs J will have to work hard today supervising 3 male children .

Must go, I left my skateboard somewhere safe...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Today holds the promise of some warmth and a convivial, outdoor, non masked but cautious gathering to celebrate two years of life for one of our granddaughters. @gennepher as @dunelm says, physical limitations or not a splendid piece of art once again. @SlimLizzy enjoy the early morning garden - another deep joy I so miss. @Krystyna23040 a Curate's egg of a post really. Great news on the healing of the head but less so on the supersonic broadband and 4g. Another great fbg @karen8967. Swipey reckons 4.7 for my start to the day. Along with a slew of other data I feel Mr Levy would be looking for a fresh manager. The fan base is no lover of the somewhat dour Portugeezer serial winner, LC Dietinho, and yearns for past entertainment and wins. Enjoy the day and indeed many. many, more.
Happy Birthday to your granddaughter - jelly and ice cream all round.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a mist burning off episode here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of entrecôte bordelaise with salad came in at 5.6 this am - last of the bone marrow from the freezer so must find some more.

Bank yesterday - what a palaver. Still, after 40 minutes everything sorted out by Patient Pauline. We also now have the deeds to our house - I need to tippex out the bit that says we cannot use the building as a public house, brew ale or manufacture spirits. The land was originally owned by Quakers - nice folk but missing out on some of the good stuff.
Parcel arrived from my mother containing a smart little Pentel brush pen, a few refills and a couple of brush stands - nice.
Half term - lots of young uns about and all the prices go up. Those bird feeders need filling up again - should I perhaps pin a note on saying that the suet is ‘off’.

I have no idea where this paining is going but it was a bit of fun. Have a smashing Saturday. Koffy time.
View attachment 49663
A fun painting @dunelm
I like it!

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @ianpspurs
Happy birthday to granddaughter!
g34007.gif

Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs
Happy birthday to granddaughter!
She said thank you very much @gennepher and @dunelm. Her birthday was May 14 but coordinating diaries meant a wait until now. Southampton 5 missing due to son only last week passing his driving test and the car he bought not being ready in time. Hopefully by late August the full cast of Ps - new grandson and all - will assemble for the first time ever. I haven't seen the newest granddaughter in the flesh yet.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

6 am here.
Was awake at 4 am
A grey sky this morning, and everywhere still.
Then suddenly about 5am the grey sky was ablaze in peachy pinks...
And as quickly as it came, it went.
Dull grey skies again.
This is the last try painting after Lin Fengmian's ladies.
I am not a figure painter.
Actually, it is not as much as that, but my hand shakes a little anyway, and my finger will tap the screen unexpectedly (causing a few problems when I need to be more accurate). This is fine when painting a landscape, as I can always incorporate it in the painting, but not when doing a more accurate figure. Although I have done a couple of in situ scribble sketches of people in the car park, and scribbling people is fine because my hand is constantly moving with that.
I have to hold my breath when drawing/painting a fine detail, and my hand/fingers behaves themselves then. But that is not very doable for a whole painting...

So this lady got influenced by the peachy pink sunrise.

I noticed that Lin Fengmian was influenced by the Futurism movement. Some of his ladies have been done in this manner. I would love to try one of those, but I know my limits, it would leave me incredibly frustrated. As a teenager I loved 'Dog on a Leash' by Giacomo Bella (1912). But these are paintings other people have the capability to do, but they are not for me. But I love them.

Ah @Muddy Cyclist I have just found the Futurist painting I said your cyclist in movement reminded me of (this was awhile ago). It is 'Dynamism of a Cyclist' (1913) by Umberto Boccioni.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamism_of_a_Cyclist

Anyway, my painting for today after Lin Fengmian...
View attachment 49661
An admirable painting.

And that link is SO @Muddy Cyclist for his painting...I can see why you recalled it ..

IMG_20210529_100201_resize_3.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 49663

Hints of the sky scenery in avatar

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
5:47 am here.
Also up early, am going to join you in my garden. It is so still out there, not a leaf moving...
Have a good day @SlimLizzy
Thank you @gennepher, you have a good day too. We are off to town to get the internet sorted out. Might be an interesting exercise for our still fairly rudimentary French.
The early start was to get some work done outside before it gets hot.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Openreach engineer has found that the problem is a software issue with Openreach and not anything to do with the hardware or fibre cables. The experts at Openreach are working on it - hopefully it will be sorted today.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher I think that is exactly what is happening at the moment. Openreach have tried a temporary fix which worked for 20 minutes only. Our engineer has been really good and has been back several times but it rather looks as though the experts who can sort out the software don't work weekends.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a BT mini hub delivered which connects to the internet through 4G. BT have said the data will be free so we won't have to use our own provider's data to access the internet. So 'hats off ' to BT and our Openreach Engineer for doing their best to keep us connected while the software problem is being sorted.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

haar (Scotch mist :)) this morning so quite a chilly start here then suddenly the most lovely sunny day developed so we got our raking up done, had lunch and then went off to Mum's and set to on cutting her grass whilst the weather's dry, there were still a couple of places where it was still really soggy but we got quite a bit done. Good outdoor exercise ;)

Katy ran about a lot and barked at the mower every time she ran past :hilarious:
then she graciously accepted the chicken we'd brought, flopped down and went to sleep. What a life :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - lovely and delicate lady painting, well done despite the physical challenge, I like her draperies and the colours you've used :)

@Krystyna23040 - good to hear that things are healing well now :)

we have one of those BT mini- modem things too :) BT sent them out when the village internet failed. they can turn them on and off remotely so we were told to keep them in a safe place in case of further problems because of the damage that happened to the village cables earlier in the year.

@dunelm - I like it, it has a sculptural quality and the splashes of teal add a fine counterpoint of colourful energy :joyful:

@ianpspurs - Happy belated birthday to your grandaughter. I hope your ensemble plans come to fruition :)

art bit - thank you for your kind comments on my art :)

continuing my experiments this is based on the same photo as the previous flower study but is on hot pressed paper ( the very smooth paper people who paint botanical studies use).

I thought I'd give it a try, I'm pleased with it but I don't really think I have the patience to do botanical illustrations, especially since the paper requires a technique which encourages my tendency to fiddle :hilarious:

upload_2021-5-29_18-54-57.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
we have one of those BT mini- modem things too :) BT sent them out when the village internet failed. they can turn them on and off remotely so we were told to keep them in a safe place in case of further problems because of the damage that happened to the village cables earlier in the year.
it's great that BT sends them out when there are broadband problems and that we can keep them in case it fails again.
Broadband is now up and running and definitely faster.

I do like your flowers. It is really interesting how different types of papers make a difference to a painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.6 today

haar (Scotch mist :)) this morning so quite a chilly start here then suddenly the most lovely sunny day developed so we got our raking up done, had lunch and then went off to Mum's and set to on cutting her grass whilst the weather's dry, there were still a couple of places where it was still really soggy but we got quite a bit done. Good outdoor exercise ;)

Katy ran about a lot and barked at the mower every time she ran past :hilarious:
then she graciously accepted the chicken we'd brought, flopped down and went to sleep. What a life :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - lovely and delicate lady painting, well done despite the physical challenge, I like her draperies and the colours you've used :)

@Krystyna23040 - good to hear that things are healing well now :)

@dunelm - I like it, it has a sculptural quality and the splashes of teal add a fine counterpoint of colourful energy :joyful:

@ianpspurs - Happy belated birthday to your grandaughter. I hope your ensemble plans come to fruition :)

art bit - thank you for your kind comments on my art :)

continuing my experiments this is based on the same photo as the previous flower study but is on hot pressed paper ( the very smooth paper people who paint botanical studies use).

I thought I'd give it a try, I'm pleased with it but I don't really think I have the patience to do botanical illustrations, especially since the paper requires a technique which encourages my tendency to fiddle :hilarious:

View attachment 49672
Thank you very much for the compliment :)

Hot press paper needs a lot of work I think. Your flowers are brilliant @geefull but I think with the hot press paper as you say there is this tendency to keep working at it and fiddling.
It is just my view but I think cold press paper does some of the work for you, the way the paper receives the paint...