What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.9 today

got up later today, it was a bit warm for good sleep last night, we've got all the skylights etc. open today ;)

the weather has been very warm today with some cloudy periods but we went over to mum's to get her shopping list for our weekly trip tomorrow.
Mum tells us that one of mr gee's cousins may be coming to visit in a couple of weeks ( lockdown permitting :angelic:), so we have a list of the 'supplies' required, things such as ready made pizza crusts and diet coke :p

We finished chopping down the bulk of the hedge killed by the heavy frosts, no signs of regrowth so 'off with it's head' :hilarious: and had a splendid bonfire :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@SlimLizzy - looks like hard work, good fortune to your residency application :)

@Muddy Cyclist - looks like a good time being had :) and a delightful pencil sketch of that tree, very well drawn :joyful:

@dunelm - fun times :) I do like the contrasts in the palette you've used, very pleasing.
Nutella....wonder if I can find a LC recipe :D

@lindisfel - Mum loves her self propelling mower ( she usually cuts the little lawn near the front gate), but I tend to use it without engaging the clutch for the self propelling bit ;):sorry:

@Krystyna23040 - yes lucky it's under warranty those garage bills can be mean :arghh:

@gennepher - today's painting has a nice subtle palette and the foliage has a pleasing delicate stylisation, Lin Fengmian has inspired some fine paintings :)

art bit -
inspired by a photo seen on the net, painted on Fabriano Studio

upload_2021-6-1_19-49-28.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.9 today

got up later today, it was a bit warm for good sleep last night, we've got all the skylights etc. open today ;)

the weather has been very warm today with some cloudy periods but we went over to mum's to get her shopping list for our weekly trip tomorrow.
Mum tells us that one of mr gee's cousins may be coming to visit in a couple of weeks ( lockdown permitting :angelic:), so we have a list of the 'supplies' required, things such as ready made pizza crusts and diet coke :p

We finished chopping down the bulk of the hedge killed by the heavy frosts, no signs of regrowth so 'off with it's head' :hilarious: and had a splendid bonfire :D

@SlimLizzy - looks like hard work, good fortune to your residency application :)

@Muddy Cyclist - looks like a good time being had :) and a delightful pencil sketch of that tree, very well drawn :joyful:

@dunelm - fun times :) I do like the contrasts in the palette you've used, very pleasing.

@lindisfel - Mum loves her self propelling mower ( she usually cuts the little lawn near the front gate), but I tend to use it without engaging the clutch for the self propelling bit ;):sorry:

@Krystyna23040 - yes lucky it's under warranty those garage bills can be mean :arghh:

@gennepher - today's painting has a nice subtle palette and the foliage has a pleasing delicate stylisation, Lin Fengmian has inspired some fine paintings :)

art bit -

View attachment 49744
I really love this painting. It's really dramatic.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a misty morning at the little house on the prairie.
The wonder wheel salad days and a dry white wine came in at 5.2 this am

Yesterday was a day of two halves - traveling up from Derbyshire on a hot and sunny bank holiday Monday (what nut job would do such a thing) and a fun and games afternoon. Luckily we got off the main roads and onto the B roads - took a little longer but no traffic jams and some glorious views. Thank goodness for AA live traffic to consult every now and again.

In the middle of breakfast for the ninky nonks and little miss Pamplemouse who are multi-tasking with colouring books, cereals and Nutella sandwiches (weirdos). I’m sticking to koffy. This is Nearly Purple Rain.

View attachment 49727
A great play with colours.
Little uns are great with multitasking @dunelm
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.6 for me today.

Looks like the third day of sun for us on holiday with all the family in Wales. Beach very busy but having a remote cottage 400 metres from the beach means we can. Get down early, leave when the crowds start to arrive and go back late afternoon, ideal. :)

I have been Muddy Cycle riding at 5am and see nothing on the narrow lanes so works well do about 1 hour and back before family awake. In the sea every day with Grandaughters is such fun, they are keeping me busy and so I apologise for being so far behind with the posts.

I will look in later but this was Whistling Sands Beach at 5.30am today as the sun was just getting up above the hills, beach all to myself.
.View attachment 49726
Keep safe and enjoy the beauty in the world.
Best time of day @Muddy Cyclist
My time of day!

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another hot and tiring day outside. Have now got another vegetable bed ready for plants or seeds - and on to the next weed infested plot.
plan here is courgettes, carrots and beans, with spring onions in between the carrot rows. View attachment 49723
Weeds galore and threatening ones too , about to spread seeds everywhere.
View attachment 49724
Brilliant work @SlimLizzy
Weeds are never ending unfortunately...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

A 6.3 from the meter of mirth.

Day out yesterday, with the furry nephew.

Glorious, warm & sunny

Traffic minimal as we headed out.
Which lulled me into trying to park in one of the two car parks ..no chance :hilarious:

Parked outside and headed in
People everywhere, when we got in, all enjoying the sun shine.

But it thinned out as we set off on our usual route, so pleasant & safe

A walk for the dog with added therapeutic qualities for me.

Last time there, with daughter, far fewer people but it was just after I'd started walking independently after accident, so a good moment to check improvements.

Walking was fine over the undulating ground, articulation of both ankle joints good.

While I certainly wouldn't consider running on such ground at moment ( not that I'm running anywhere yet, anyway :bag:)

I felt good about how little the terrain bothered me.
Another step on the road back, it felt.

A small picnic by a little stream that runs through the park, topped off a rather nice day out.

@lindisfel .

We both noticed a particular bird, in the water as we picnicked.
It was a very distinctive plumage
probably very common, but a new one to us.

Perhaps as our resident 'twitcher' I wonder if you'd be kind enough to name it for us ?

If it helps, It had a very distinctive swim style.

Almost like some sort of interconnected wooden toy, where it's "kick" in the water synchronised with its head, so it seemed it was the "nodding" that supplied the motion.

View attachment 49710
You are doing very well with your walking @jjraak
It has taken a long time to recover, but you have done brilliantly...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.9 today

art bit -

View attachment 49744
Thanks @geefull

A fantastic sweeping landscape from you. I like this very much on the Fabriano paper.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
-

4.9 today

art bit -

View attachment 49744
Smashing landscape - I like all the tones and that little stand of trees