What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After setting up the duchess on Zoom Tai chi, I am off to pay my credit card at the Bank and get some shopping.
We seem to be running out of time to do everything with daughter and s.i.l. coming up friday.
She has really got into gardening during the pandemic and this is her first opportunity to organise yours truly and his wild garden.
She'll soon see I am a lost cause, I am still getting all the grass in check with the new Honda mower, which is an impressive cutter.
The only problem with the new mower is its fixed speed so that the self drive function pulls me up the garden too fast for an 82 year old come sunday.....

I cant remember much about that pre war world so don't ask! :)

Zoom tai chi yet going TO the bank .
Such an eclectic hybrid mix of the old n new, @lindisfel

Sniggered at the vision of your mowing being at the pace of a Benny hill sketch

And certainly the best of pre birthday wishes for the upcoming event .

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
. @jjraak so rude of me not to congratulate you on the dog walk and evident progress on the road to full recovery. Swipey settled for 4.6 as a wild guess of where things stood first up. Blue polo shirt today probably just as influential as mackerel salad last evening..

Thank you for that, yes it was very uplifting, there have been one or two dark days, but definitely seeing a lot more light of late

And liking the shirt choice
Nice you chose to celebrate the new English European Champions by wearing their colours ...;)

Have a good un

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for that, yes it was very uplifting, there have been one or two dark days, but definitely seeing a lot more light of late

And liking the shirt choice
Nice you chose to celebrate the new English European Champions by wearing their colours ...;)

Have a good un
I have two very happy sons and their godfather will no doubt ensure I have blood coming out of my shell like if I ever talk to him. The boys are a lost cause due to Lord Coe buying them hot chocolate a few times. Godfathers can sometimes lead youngsters astray. Interestingly their mum was born very close to that ground I can't bring myself to type;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have two very happy sons and their godfather will no doubt ensure I have blood coming out of my shell like if I ever talk to him. The boys are a lost cause due to Lord Coe buying them hot chocolate a few times. Godfathers can sometimes lead youngsters astray. Interestingly their mum was born very close to that ground I can't bring myself to type;)

Interesting

Born in the shadows of the ground ( practically, certainly grew up there) so didn't really get a choice of club.;):D

The roar of the crowd on match days. Glorious

Us kids did a roaring trade in "look after yer car, mister ?" on such days :)

all the security a gang of 10 year olds bring to bear, and a free check that your windscreen washers worked (eek ) and all for the tiniest bit of silver.

The joy we had gloating to each other as we counted our "Takings" .:hilarious:

Happy days

The cars of yesteryear
The rover 2000's
The minis
And the doyen of travel rugs and nodding dogs everywhere

The Morris 1100

https://www.autocar.co.uk/slideshow/british-leyland-50-its-greatest-cars#4

Wonder if that's even a 'thing ' now. Looking after someone's car.
Bound to be some elf & safety law against it.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No FBG today.
Overslept 45 mins to get up and go.
We are getting advice and help with our residency permit. Lots of paperwork.
Lunch out as a reward.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A perplexing 5.1 this morning grrrrrr xxxxx meter.

Me and me's don't understand this fixation some have over kick the ball clubs, but just accept it as part of human nature, being 70% vegan, 30% carnivore and 15% neanderthal me and me's are not qualified to comment.

" look after yer car mista " love it shows enterprise well done @jjraak .

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers my day is mapped out with Mrs J's blessing, makes a change.

Must get on with life now and inspect a canna lily that Mrs J ordered and has just arrived, whist making the appropriate noises. No me and me's don't do plants unless covered in garlic, slices of protein and flooded in gravy.

Stay whatever and enjoy the unmolested benefits of the fusion reaction we are seeing at this brief hiatus in our normal weather.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No FBG today.
Overslept 45 mins to get up and go.
We are getting advice and help with our residency permit. Lots of paperwork.
Lunch out as a reward.
I hope the residency permit application and meal go well. Could be a milestone day, enjoy and we're all rooting for you.

lindisfel

Expert
Interesting

Born in the shadows of the ground ( practically, certainly grew up there) so didn't really get a choice of club.;):D

all the security a gang of 10 year olds bring to bear, and a free check that your windscreen washers worked (eek ) and all for the tiniest bit of silver.

Happy days

The cars of yesteryear
The rover 2000's
The minis

The Morris 1100

You have missed my first car! It was a Heartbeat type ford anglia ...had a 1:1 ratio in top.
They really went,
down hill with a back wind!

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morning and 5.6 for me today.

Looks like the third day of sun for us on holiday with all the family in Wales. Beach very busy but having a remote cottage 400 metres from the beach means we can. Get down early, leave when the crowds start to arrive and go back late afternoon, ideal. :)

I have been Muddy Cycle riding at 5am and see nothing on the narrow lanes so works well do about 1 hour and back before family awake. In the sea every day with Grandaughters is such fun, they are keeping me busy and so I apologise for being so far behind with the posts.

I will look in later but this was Whistling Sands Beach at 5.30am today as the sun was just getting up above the hills, beach all to myself.
.View attachment 49726
Keep safe and enjoy the beauty in the world.
Great holiday place for you all, Muddy,
the youngsters will treasure those times all their lives.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting

Happy days

The cars of yesteryear
The rover 2000's
The minis

The Morris 1100

St Stephen's hospital SW10 - I'm never sure how that makes her so Welsh - saw the birth of my wife. No car for anyone to look after, ferried to and fro by ambulance.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A perplexing 5.1 this morning grrrrrr xxxxx meter.

Me and me's don't understand this fixation some have over kick the ball clubs, but just accept it as part of human nature, being 70% vegan, 30% carnivore and 15% neanderthal me and me's are not qualified to comment.

" look after yer car mista " love it shows enterprise well done @jjraak .

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers my day is mapped out with Mrs J's blessing, makes a change.

Must get on with life now and inspect a canna lily that Mrs J ordered and has just arrived, whist making the appropriate noises. No me and me's don't do plants unless covered in garlic, slices of protein and flooded in gravy.

Stay whatever and enjoy the unmolested benefits of the fusion reaction we are seeing at this brief hiatus in our normal weather.
hugs for the low alfs seem to be getting a few lately take care xx

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
St Stephen's hospital SW10 - I'm never sure how that makes her so Welsh - saw the birth of my wife. No car for anyone to look after, ferried to and fro by ambulance.
Ah St Stephens, now the super Chelsea & Westminster.
Changed beyond recognition., As many have I suspect

Yes a car back then was a luxury.

Remember lovely lady and husband next door had an old Austin 7 type thing. Winged indicators that popped out of side of door pillar , used to take me n sis to park once in a while

And ooh the fascination when the ilberts bought a VW Beetle, and we saw it had no engine when he opened the bonnet. :wideyed:

@lindisfel .

Us lads bought an Anglia, £ 30 or something

Went & drove ok.
But no key for boot

So we bought it, and drove it around the underground car park of the newly built world's end estate.

All good fun until we decided to "force" the boot open.

It was like the Goonies, as we all discovered it had feet in it

And all wearing the same shoes as us. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Couldn't moan ..a fiver each wasted, and we all learnt to drive in some fashion

Kept a few more weeks, then sold for scrap & even got some money back .

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A higher score then you normally list, and oh dear, "A Garage bill "

A hug for both
Hope both resolve at a more beneficial lower level.
Yes it was higher than usual. I checked it 3 times but it was correct. A couple of hours later it dropped to 4.8. So I have no idea what liver and pancreas are up to.

Car luckily was under warranty.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Painting for today in ZenBrush3 after Lin Fengmian.

6AE10E77-4500-4848-B5D7-174002DC3EBA.jpeg

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 yesterday and 4.8 today

Barbeque for Sunday lunch yesterday in the garden at mum's with a splendid salad and then rhubarb fool (LC style) for afters :D

We had a quiet day mostly at home today, the village is very busy with tourists and visitors suddenly for the Bank Holiday weekend, lots of children swimming and canoeing and racing about on the beach.
mr gee decided it was a suitable day to replace one of the windows in his rather elderly shed.

We went for a good walk around the village during the afternoon, gently though because I've done something to my knee :sorry: twisted it whilst we were mowing on Saturday I think.

then when we got back home mr gee decided that he would replace the other shed window :hilarious: so after dinner I walked along the village street and sat on one of the seats with my sketchbook. Very quiet and lovely sitting in the evening sun :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - lovely owl, wise and slightly pensive :)
Happy birthday to Popeye, he is looking fine, master of all he surveys ;)

@dunelm - your technique works just as well on a bigger scale and the unsized rice paper adds a pleasing texture. I love the tree, so graphic and shapely :joyful:
Hope your trip goes well :)

@jjraak - your outing sound like a successful day, glad you are seeing progress you like :)

art bit - painted on the Hahnemuhle Britannia.

View attachment 49722
Some lovely colours and light captured, a wonderful painting.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a misty morning at the little house on the prairie.
The wonder wheel salad days and a dry white wine came in at 5.2 this am

Yesterday was a day of two halves - traveling up from Derbyshire on a hot and sunny bank holiday Monday (what nut job would do such a thing) and a fun and games afternoon. Luckily we got off the main roads and onto the B roads - took a little longer but no traffic jams and some glorious views. Thank goodness for AA live traffic to consult every now and again.

In the middle of breakfast for the ninky nonks and little miss Pamplemouse who are multi-tasking with colouring books, cereals and Nutella sandwiches (weirdos). I’m sticking to koffy. This is Nearly Purple Rain.

View attachment 49727
Like the style and colours, a very pleasing and relaxing piece for me. Envious of the multi tasking skills of the little ones. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been doing lots of sketches in between being a Grandad. :)

This is our garden tree, wind swept by the sea winds and reminded me of many Japanese paintings. A pencil sketch A4
IMG_4885.JPG

And @jjraak and @lindisfel my first car was a 1949 Vauxhall Velox.
IMG_20200224_162055.jpg