What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Another hectic day so will catch up with posts later. Have just upgraded my aND Fibre to 500mbps. I will truly be supersonic.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another bright and sunny day before the storm here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of steak and eggs with chimichurri came in at 4.8 this am

Warm - and already I have flung those curtains wide - roof velux windows in the kitchen extension are all open as are two sets of double doors out into our south facing garden - I may end up decanted into the front of the house by lunchtime - a lot cooler, but that’s down to the decor.

A visit to one of those retail outlets yesterday with Mrs Miggins - met up with daughter in M&S for koffy and then bomburst - I knew what I wanted and where to go - not dilly dallying cooing at stuff - pre-arranged RV for early lunch at 1130.

A friend of mine is planning on making some life changes from his current job as a senior fire officer. One option is to have a small holding - I have recommended he read John Seymour's bookThe Fat Of The Land and look up the price of a Dexter cow in milk.

Still experimenting with very wet paper and dripping ink. Have a wonderful day, whatever day you wish to call it. I am drinking koffy.

View attachment 50016

At first glance I thought the trees on your painting were mirroring your seal @dunelm (it's just my very tired eyes...)

I like your colour blue here...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant - the life of phones - I think that they have read The Life Of Keys. Mrs Miggins will tell you of the day that I was searching the house, room by room, moving cushions, knick knacks, opening drawers - and over again until in frustration she said, “what are you doing?” - “Looking for my phone”, I replied. “Does it look like the one in your left hand?” She said.
Anyhow - Brilliant teenage Badger sketch.
Thanks @dunelm
:)
Maybe oneday I will laugh over this, but not quite yet with the sandy gritty eyes I have today, that eyedrops are not having any effect with..

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and @ianpspurs , I must admit me and me's are wondering if the aforementioned Ian is taking my medication, sanity is a concern, hold on to as much as you can or shortly you will be barking at the postman.

A 6.2 this am. I shall not mention my meter grrrrrr.

@gennepher I gave you a funny for you post this morning, but I think a hug should be added for your electronic communicator ( phone ) tale.

Here in Tilehurst Towers Mrs J is making plans and organising my life for today and Friday, leaving bin day and Thursday in the lap of whatever deity you choose.

Stay safe, stay well, stay apart and above all stay away from the depressing media.
Thank you @alf_Josiah
:)

Reactions: alf_Josiah

lindisfel

Expert
The first school in which I worked was allegedly responsible for the court case which ended corporal punishment in UK schools. Of course, you may be referring to a certain Cynthia of Ambleside Avenue which I drove past every day to and from work at one stage.

I wouldnt dare tell you how many times I was caned. Killer Mansford gave one the cane for a poor mark in R.E. and he was a vicar.
Mad Harry broke his cane in three on me and cut my hand, mother would have said, if I had told her, "you must have deserved it!"
I still felt sorry for Mad Harry, he was badly shell shocked from the first war.

Life was tough, they had been through it and thought we should be tough too.
Now its different and there would be questions in Parliament.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good for you catching up over the weekend.
Here I have still not finished the Friday or Saturdays list.
I think I was really lucky that my backlog could be caught up with. It is horrible when you have so much work that you can't catch up easily.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

Just catching up ;)

a quiet day at home today then back to Mum's tomorrow to give her kitchen a good rattle :D

It's been quite a pleasant day temperature wise but very windy here.

June 2021 - five years after diagnosis - HbA1c is 30 according to the 'my diabetes my way' website :happy::joyful: other results on Friday hopefully.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@SlimLizzy - I feel tired reading your work list :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - some tricky repairs by the sound of it :) mr gee is wrestling with trying to fix a breadmaker at the moment. Much swearing is involved and also the odd bashed or scraped knuckle, I contributed by keeping the flow of tea and coffee going and keeping out of his way sorting out part of the wardrobe ;)

I like your plein air sketch very much and look forward to seeing how you translate it to watercolour :)

@gennepher - the new app seems to be allowing for some good experimentation, it looks really interesting, who wrote it if you don't mind me asking? I don't think it's called exactly the same thing in the google play store :)
I like the depth of colour it allows and you're already producing some interesting art with it, I really struggle with getting my watercolour colours strong, rookie mistake I suppose :) Today's waterfalll in procreate is also particularly effective :joyful:

@dunelm - that looks like a fine and fluid technique and you are developing some interesting art with it, today's is both colourful and pleasing. (I must say that I also very much liked the handsome and stylised enso you posted a couple of day's ago ;))

art bit - today's art based on a photo found online - I believe it's Wastwater
painted on Fabriano studio 280gsm not.
View attachment 50005
Brilliant hba1c and lovely painting.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally I collapse in bed. I can't sleep. I have visions of trying to explain to my insurance company that a teenage badger has made off with my phone and is learning social media...

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:....

i think I've seen his Blog.."The Badger..My Crib"

Hug for the night..been there done that, as i an sure most have

once found my phone in fridge, of all places.....yeah no idea either :rolleyes:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:....

i think I've seen his Blog.."The Badger..My Crib"

Hug for the night..been there done that, as i an sure most have

once found my phone in fridge, of all places.....yeah no idea either :rolleyes:

****** mad the lot of you, me and me's must be the sanest out of you all hehehehehe.

(Mod edit, forum language policy)

Last edited by a moderator:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6
This was at 2:30 am when I woke up.

Two teas and two coffees later (about an hour in time) and in SketchesPro, using Lin Fengmian for inspiration (he loves his wisteria, but mine has never flowered in 17 years, but it tries to strangle all and sundry...).
A different brushstroke, and this app is even more a mystery than before to me, but hey go with the flow...

I haven't had the equivalent of one full night's sleep in a total of 3 nights. Popeye is struggling with this heat, and I have damp towels on him to keep his temperature down. He had a bit of an episode yesterday, but fortunately was on my lap so I saw it and could take action. He has slept with me all night, and appears okay. He has used the cat tray in the night, eaten wet food and drunk water. He can walk okay and jump up on my bed. I have a few fans going. At one point yesterday, I thought I had lost him. Last time he did this in the heat was 3 years ago, one afternoon while we were sitting on my thatched swing.

So my eagle eye will be on him the next few hot days, and he is not allowed to be out of my sight...
D848632C-D288-44FB-80A1-E25258E1B9A7.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. I am hoping the met office is wrong and it isn't going to be 27° today. This mornings classes will be OK but I'm not sure about this evenings.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6
This was at 2:30 am when I woke up.

Two teas and two coffees later (about an hour in time) and in SketchesPro, using Lin Fengmian for inspiration (he loves his wisteria, but mine has never flowered in 17 years, but it tries to strangle all and sundry...).
A different brushstroke, and this app is even more a mystery than before to me, but hey go with the flow...

I haven't had the equivalent of one full night's sleep in a total of 3 nights. Popeye is struggling with this heat, and I have damp towels on him to keep his temperature down. He had a bit of an episode yesterday, but fortunately was on my lap so I saw it and could take action. He has slept with me all night, and appears okay. He has used the cat tray in the night, eaten wet food and drunk water. He can walk okay and jump up on my bed. I have a few fans going. At one point yesterday, I thought I had lost him. Last time he did this in the heat was 3 years ago, one afternoon while we were sitting on my thatched swing.

So my eagle eye will be on him the next few hot days, and he is not allowed to be out of my sight...
View attachment 50027
Beautiful Lin Fengmian inspired painting, wonderful colours and those stylized birds - fab.
Bottles of frozen water on a drip tray in front of each fan should help to cool the air for you and Popyeye.