What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
snap - I was going to take Sunday off and ended up doing admin, lesson plans and writing new exercise sherts. It is though really nice to be so up to date at the start of the week.
Good for you catching up over the weekend.
Here I have still not finished the Friday or Saturdays list.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good for you catching up over the weekend.
Here I have still not finished the Friday or Saturdays list.
2 very heavy bags of my parents To Do lists burnt on a bonfire the day after they died. Surprisingly no one noticed. Plans/to do lists tend not to survive contact with life.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@lindisfel currently watching the Black restarts feeding what appears to be a recently fledged chick. Not sure if there is more than one. Reluctant to go poking about in the woodshed and risk disturbing them.
Chaffinch wars have broken out all over the garden. There are several males busy chasing each other about.
Seems to be the season for wildlife encounters.
Am hoping for a proper look at the snake today. Have just banned MrSlim from strimming in that corner of the garden.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

I am busy busy.
So a quickie scribble in Procreate...
Will play catch up tomorrow.
Be good, or not...

B14322FC-61F4-40F8-8623-98231708C3B1.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

Just catching up ;)

a quiet day at home today then back to Mum's tomorrow to give her kitchen a good rattle :D

It's been quite a pleasant day temperature wise but very windy here.

June 2021 - five years after diagnosis - HbA1c is 30 according to the 'my diabetes my way' website :happy::joyful: other results on Friday hopefully.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@SlimLizzy - I feel tired reading your work list :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - some tricky repairs by the sound of it :) mr gee is wrestling with trying to fix a breadmaker at the moment. Much swearing is involved and also the odd bashed or scraped knuckle, I contributed by keeping the flow of tea and coffee going and keeping out of his way sorting out part of the wardrobe ;)

I like your plein air sketch very much and look forward to seeing how you translate it to watercolour :)

@gennepher - the new app seems to be allowing for some good experimentation, it looks really interesting, who wrote it if you don't mind me asking? I don't think it's called exactly the same thing in the google play store :)
I like the depth of colour it allows and you're already producing some interesting art with it, I really struggle with getting my watercolour colours strong, rookie mistake I suppose :) Today's waterfalll in procreate is also particularly effective :joyful:

@dunelm - that looks like a fine and fluid technique and you are developing some interesting art with it, today's is both colourful and pleasing. (I must say that I also very much liked the handsome and stylised enso you posted a couple of day's ago ;))

art bit - today's art based on a photo found online - I believe it's Wastwater
painted on Fabriano studio 280gsm not.
upload_2021-6-14_19-55-22.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

Just catching up ;)

a quiet day at home today then back to Mum's tomorrow to give her kitchen a good rattle :D

June 2021 - five years after diagnosis - HbA1c is 30 according to the 'my diabetes my way' website :happy::joyful: other results on Friday hopefully.

@Muddy Cyclist - some tricky repairs by the sound of it :) mr gee is wrestling with trying to fix a breadmaker at the moment. Much swearing is involved and also the odd bashed or scraped knuckle, I contributed by keeping the flow of tea and coffee going and keeping out of his way sorting out part of the wardrobe ;)

I like your plein air sketch very much and look forward to seeing how you translate it to watercolour :)

@gennepher - the new app seems to be allowing for some good experimentation, it looks really interesting, who wrote it if you don't mind me asking? I don't think it's called exactly the same thing in the google play store :)
I like the depth of colour it allows and you're already producing some interesting art with it, I really struggle with getting my watercolour colours strong, rookie mistake I suppose :) Today's waterfalll is particularly effective :joyful:

@dunelm - that looks like a fine and fluid technique and you are developing some interesting art with it, today's is both colourful and pleasing. (I must say that I also very much liked the handsome and stylised enso you posted a couple of day's ago ;))

View attachment 50005
Stunning art, stunning result for A1c, all round Golden Girl. Huge congratulations and so well deserved.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

Just catching up ;)

I like the depth of colour it allows and you're already producing some interesting art with it, I really struggle with getting my watercolour colours strong, rookie mistake I suppose :) Today's waterfalll in procreate is also particularly effective :joyful:

View attachment 50005
HbA1c result looks promising. Art is stunning I really like this composition and bold colours, brilliant. :)

Hugs for Mr Gees damage done knuckles.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am struggling with capturing the two waterfalls I ride past on my Mountain Bike.

These are they, not my photographs.

IMG_4912.JPG

The top one is now very hidden behind trees and much darker.

I have tried several watercolours but my muse as left me for now. I will keep on trying, fingers crossed.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today. Chickpeas undoubtably have some thing to do with this number. :banghead:

Hot day promised and two fellow musicians turning up for lunch and some live music so looking forward to this, so break out the ear plugs.

Keep safe and ignore time.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, even in Tilehurst Towers:angelic:. Another 5 Ss day for which I thank God. Initial 4.3 but 10 mins of Dawnybabe/Foot on Floor up to 4.7 (all Swipey readings) which I always assume are 2 lower than a Stabbo and 3 lower than A1c. It was cooler last night so I needed the duvet back on and fan off = less sleep and lower score via Fitbit. Swaddled is defo not my environment. Anyone else ever Swiped their Libre after the Loo? - monster rise for a while on my body. Once again @geefull truly wonderful art and BG control - are you our GOAT (Tom Brady)? Splendid Waterfalls @Muddy Cyclist and one does so miss chickpeas, life sans humus is never quite a fully lived life. Tinkety Tonk old fruits - my bad fruit is the work of The Devil in these parts.;)

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

Just catching up ;)

View attachment 50005
Congratulations on your HbA1c @geefull and thank you for your kind comments. Beautiful Wastwater with all those splendid Lake District colours. Just coming down from Scafell Pike for a pint in the Wasdale Head Inn.

lindisfel

Expert
Congratulations on your HbA1c @geefull and thank you for your kind comments. Beautiful Wastwater with all those splendid Lake District colours. Just coming down from Scafell Pike for a pint in the Wasdale Head Inn.
Yes and bearable temperatures with barely 19 today and 17 the rest of the week or less, its not really warm enough in the strong breezes to sit out!
I couldnt stand the heat in the S.E. so I'm ok! ;)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

I am so tired. No sleep the night before last.
Last night, I mislaid my phone. I was ID'ing some leaves in my garden with Google lens.

Popeye was with me, and then disappeared into the undergrowth. So, I put phone on swing, so I could catch him...

Came in with cat. I thought I picked up my phone on the way back indoors. And I put phone down so I could lock the door. Went and fed cat.

Midnight. Where is my phone? Couldn't find it. Shot outside to check the swing to see if I had left it on swing. Couldn't find it. I didn't have my speech processor on so I have no idea if any noise in garden. But I can feel/see the leaves on my bushes moving. The air feels different. When I have no incoming sound, my sight and other senses go on super alert. So I shot in, grabbing cat who is trying to make his escape out of door as I am trying to get in. Shut door just in time before a badger came hurtling at the door. It is a full length window door leading to garden.

Popeye wants to get at badger. Badger wants to get at Popeye. But fortunately there is glass between them. I go and check the front garden, and there is mum and dad badger digging it up. So that must have been their badger cub in the back garden.

Go back to look what is going on at the back. Badger cub is still quite a hefty weight. Size of a very large cat. It is so excited like this is its first outing away from mum and dad. So playful. Popeye is going from study to bedroom. I want to get this badger he says. I can take it on...

I search for my phone again, for over an hour.

No phone.

Finally I collapse in bed. I can't sleep. I have visions of trying to explain to my insurance company that a teenage badger has made off with my phone and is learning social media...

This morning when it was light, I gingerly go outside. I don't know if badger cub has trapped himself and not been able to get out again. Garden appears to be devoid of badgers, but it looks like a heck of a party took place. And the packets of seeds I had accidentally left on the swing were all opened and scattered all over the garden...

I came back in. And my hand reached out and opened a drawer. There was my phone. I had put it in there for safety...

So that's the inspiration for this morning's sketch in Procreate.

I am half dead here and can hardly keep my eyes open...but I do have my phone!

FA272915-36BA-4456-940E-8B2B45D2A4AA.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another bright and sunny day before the storm here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of steak and eggs with chimichurri came in at 4.8 this am

Warm - and already I have flung those curtains wide - roof velux windows in the kitchen extension are all open as are two sets of double doors out into our south facing garden - I may end up decanted into the front of the house by lunchtime - a lot cooler, but that’s down to the decor.

A visit to one of those retail outlets yesterday with Mrs Miggins - met up with daughter in M&S for koffy and then bomburst - I knew what I wanted and where to go - not dilly dallying cooing at stuff - pre-arranged RV for early lunch at 1130.

A friend of mine is planning on making some life changes from his current job as a senior fire officer. One option is to have a small holding - I have recommended he read John Seymour's bookThe Fat Of The Land and look up the price of a Dexter cow in milk.

Still experimenting with very wet paper and dripping ink. Have a wonderful day, whatever day you wish to call it. I am drinking koffy.

upload_2021-6-15_8-8-11.jpeg