1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Agree entirely about the strange ingredients in cat food, it's no surprise that there are now many diabetic cats.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

6.2 for me have a good day everyone

• Winner Winner x 8
  3. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Thank you for your comments @geefull and I am glad that the recycling bin was emptied on cue, at least - another good painting from you @geefull - I wonder where it is? Can we go?

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.3 this morning. So.lovely that it is much cooler today. Luckily my venues were not excessively hot although it did suddenly get really hot and muggy about 8pm so I had to slow down the pace of the class.

feel quite tired this morning but I am sure the morning dog walk will wake me up - especially if we encounter a thunderstorm.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Good morning everyone on a delightfully cool and drizzly start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
    The wonder wheel of prawn salad with feta and an egg came in at 5.1 this am

Eldest son moving in today at some point. He has sold his house and bought a train wreck so needs a base until he has sorted out his new purchase - the building is sound but the interior needs quite a bit of work which will include mixing lots of plaster and skimming walls and ceilings. I shall await the before and after photos and have the town cryer shout his praises from the town square.

Still playing around with washes and drips - more depth of colour perhaps but you never quite know how these things will turn out. Have a pleasant day if you can. I need some koffy.

upload_2021-6-17_7-35-30.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 8
  6. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morening. Again short on time.
    Shock and horror bloods 4.8 this morning and I have to drive, but not before I get bloods into the high 5's.
    Have a great day all fellow posters, painters and gamers.

• Hug Hug x 8
  7. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Good morning all from a now very dark part of East Anglia awaiting the deluge. No, not Arthur Marwick's effort, the stuff from the sky that spoils my day. My fbg may well be the 4.5 Libre reckons but what does that mean anyhow? Best wishes to your son with all the work @dunelm but so wise to live elsewhere whilst it is happening. Captain Hindsight speaking here. Wonderful art posted yesterday @geefull. I'm not seeing all the posts so I apologise if @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist have posted stunning examples of their gifts. If you like the cooler weather enjoy, more of a sackcloth and ashes kinda day for me. Tinkety Tonk old fruits (berries?)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #45907 ianpspurs, Jun 17, 2021 at 8:21 AM
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  8. SlimLizzy

7.30am FBG 6.9
    That's very high for me. Maybe late night chocolate? (only 2 squares) or peas with dinner? Disturbed night? Some very strange dreams!
    Or
    Lack of strenuous exercise yesterday?
    Probably a combination, but whatever the cause am not happy with that reading.

The weather has changed, we are no longer baking in high temperatures, but are forecast 10 days of rain showers. Already after just one night of gentle drizzle am sure the grass is taller.

However last night I finally managed to finish Fridays jobs list. Saturdays was already done. So now working on Tuesday/Wednesday . There was no list for monday. Today's list= finish the previous lists...

It's astonishing how demotivating a grey day can be.

• Hug Hug x 7
    #45908 SlimLizzy, Jun 17, 2021 at 9:21 AM
  9. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Thats a real puzzle Dunelm, I dont know what to make of it. It looks like a collection of two headed anaemic blood worms?;)
    D.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. lindisfel

Hi slimlizzy,
    Perhaps dream stress can put up cortisol?

• Informative Informative x 6
  11. SlimLizzy

Possibly, or the numerous waking during the night triggered DP?

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. lindisfel

Hi all,
    A better day today in Cumbria with a light breeze and strong sunshine and at a temperatureof 18 deg C at present it seems plenty warm enough.
    Yesterday it reached 14 deg with a constant drizzle and cool breeze all day.
    What a difference!

Tomorrow I shall be picked up on the eye hospital transport to go to Preston down the M6 for a eye appointment to check my state of health to get my remaining cataract in my right eye done within the month. So I hope its not too hot and I don' t like not being in control and being driven!
    It will be great having my telescope dominant eye back to normal....I hope!

Face mask to be worn for at least six hours except when eating my nosh.
    D.

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    #45912 lindisfel, Jun 17, 2021 at 11:26 AM
  13. ianpspurs

Best wishes for tomorrow then the cataract operation. Thoughts and prayers with you big man.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. lindisfel

Many thanks, Ian.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  15. RFSMarch

RFSMarch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Mate... it is costing me a FORTUNE! More than it cost to join the golf club in the first place. Bad bag, Greedy bag......

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. RFSMarch

RFSMarch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just a quick dip in as I melt in the humidity!
    Another 11-9pm shift so this morning I woke up early and made a cauliflower and broccoli cheese for dinner and lunch tomorrow, and for lunch today I am trying something a little different - a few rolls of honey-roast ham slices and a protein shake.

I know IF doesn't work for me as my concentration goes, but I hope this means I feel like I have had something at lunch time (at a whopping 10g of carbs) and then just microwave my cauliflower cheese tonight....

And if I survive without chewing the corners of the laptop this might be the way to go for these weird long shifts

• Hug Hug x 6
  17. ianpspurs

That ruins every dictionary definition and common usage of 2 words. I'm now a hugely successful international sporting genius. Very happy with that.;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    #45917 ianpspurs, Jun 17, 2021 at 3:39 PM
  18. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I have been having a mixture of.protein powders when I don't have much time to eat and it has really helped my energy levels. I couldn't cope with just 2 meals a day either - so the protein powder makes an ideal light meal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. ianpspurs

Can I just check that when posters use the term spike in relation to foods/meals they mean a rise of 2 or more on their meter at 2 hrs (or later if it is delayed)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Fbg 6.9

A trying day of communication problems because I am deaf. Today it was counter Perspex screens, combined with the clear face shields worn by staff, and the sun shining in through, reflected from the shop windows opposite, creating so many reflections (that looked like multiple exposures by the camera) that I was unable to lipread the staff. Their faces behind these 'clear' screens which looked like none had been cleaned, or cleaned badly so everything was smeared, along with the reflections, made their faces look like hungry ghosts or banshees...

The transcription app I have on my phone was unable to cope either because their voices were too muffled. And by this time I was too exhausted to continue. But someone came along whom I normally deal with and helped the person dealing with me who did not know her job. But the reflections and dirty smeared counter screen meant I couldn't lipread him either. Then the cash till was playing up, and neither person could ring up my purchases. Finally it was done. And I could pay. The queue behind me by the time they finally keyed in the right numbers into the till lead out of the shop. I was totally exhausted. I slept a couple of hours when I got home, and have been dozing on and off since. It is 6pm now. And I have an entire day which has been wasted.

I might as well give up any contact/communication with real people, stay at home, and order everything online...

This digital painting in SketchesProApp I have been doing while half dozing. Inspired by Lin Fengmian.

I have a hospital appointment tomorrow. Even more communication problems with this mask wearing, protection stuff. People mumble behind a mask, and so my phone cannot transcribe their voices. People don't want to take your pen and paper from you these Covid times, to write their replies...

I might as well become a total hermit...I am drowning in this sea of mask/people protection that is these normal Covid times.

I need another sleep...

3461AA51-B094-476E-924B-66E4388DDDB2.jpeg

• Hug Hug x 6
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook