What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today.

The gardens at Powis Castle yesterday were stunning and the place was not very busy so time to meander slowly along the terraces.

View attachment 50153 View attachment 50154 View attachment 50155 View attachment 50156

I like the lack of health and safety rules in these gardens, no fences on the very steep drop and 20 foot retaining wall down to the next terrace. Cutting the Yew hedge must be a huge task, that's Mrs MC standing by it for idea of scale.

Other than having to meet Nick The Fish on a pub car park the day is mine.

Keep safe and do splendid things.
Will you meet Nick the fish on your pike?

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some fine art yesterday and today.

@gennepher i like that strange land you have imagined and captured in art, great colours and very fluid again.

@geefull you have given us another wonderful floral painting the blossom is so delicate against that heavy leafy green background, lots of light and shade so well seen.

@dunelm great trees from the park and imaginative setting, I like the style with the colour very different from the washes you are famous for.

My own art is suffering, doing lots of sketches but my Art Studio or Junk Room as Mrs MC calls it is being moved around ready for new curtains and flooring and I have run out of steam in getting it all back together. :joyful:

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the potential for Days of Thunder here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken and bacon leftovers under a blanket of cheese and shoved in the ninja rocked in at 4.9 this am - how odd is that?

Vacuum cleaner playing up - it’s quite new, in a garish colour scheme and invented by that cyclonic Charles bloke who avoids taxes whilst waving a Union Flag. All bolt on goodies removed - oh look it works - find the blockage and notice a little key release that enables dismantling of the motorised brush thing - so, showed Mrs Miggins how to disassemble and got to skive off for the rest of the day.

Another picture today from a photo taken walking round to park. Enjoy your day, it’s The Battle of Bannockburn (well in 1314) but don’t tell wee Nicky Cranky she is still trying to make sense of the love letter sent by Andy Burnham about a holiday proposal. Time for my koffy.

upload_2021-6-24_8-16-15.jpeg

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

The gardens at Powis Castle yesterday were stunning and the place was not very busy so time to meander slowly along the terraces.

View attachment 50153 View attachment 50154 View attachment 50155 View attachment 50156

I like the lack of health and safety rules in these gardens, no fences on the very steep drop and 20 foot retaining wall down to the next terrace. Cutting the Yew hedge must be a huge task, that's Mrs MC standing by it for idea of scale.

Beautiful photos - full of colour and as you say, not many people about. A day for admiring topiary and the wearing of hats.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee before the dog walk, then an Admin morning on my supersonic broadband. Afternoon will be shopping, dog walking then reading the daily paper (Tuesdays) and off to teach evening classes in Norwich.

Class members seem on the whole quite happy to continue to bring their own mats and equipment after Covid 19 (if there is an after Covid 19). Only one person said I was being paranoid if I was intending to continue with this hygiene measure. Apparently we all have to stop these hygiene measures and just get on with life.

Before Covid, there was a lack in hygiene measures in many things @Krystyna23040
My beef was shopping baskets and trolleys that looked as though they had gathered 10 years or more of gunge and germs.
When Covid and lockdowns began, many of these appeared to get a deep cleaning by the shops. But gradually it is reverting back to pre-Covid times. And even the so called sanitising stations as you enter the shops are now devoid of any sanitiser, or they are empty. And the shopping baskets (especially plastic ones) now have the thick gunge on again.
Shopping trolleys have small children in them (possibly wee themselves), and even pets as dogs in them. Oh it's okay I have put a blanket in they say (where has that blanket been and which side was the dog sitting on it last?

Before Covid and lockdowns, I put a sturdy shopping bag (which gets a spray when I get home ready for next time) in the trolley and all my goods went in that. I still do that and I will continue to do that. I have my own hand sanitizer in my pocket and a couple of sanitizer wipes should I need them. I will always do this. I do have a compromised immune system anyway, so I am always mindful.

You are definitely not being paranoid. We have had it easy the last so many years where a lot of stuff has been provided for instead of bringing our own equipment. The onus should not be on you to clean and sterilise everything. Your job does not pay you enough for that. It is up to them to bring their own mats, and they can sterilise them or not when they get back home.

A certain amount of cleaning and hygiene is good where there are a lot of people congregating.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@gennepher i like that strange land you have imagined and captured in art, great colours and very fluid again.

@geefull you have given us another wonderful floral painting the blossom is so delicate against that heavy leafy green background, lots of light and shade so well seen.

@dunelm great trees from the park and imaginative setting, I like the style with the colour very different from the washes you are famous for.

My own art is suffering, doing lots of sketches but my Art Studio or Junk Room as Mrs MC calls it is being moved around ready for new curtains and flooring and I have run out of steam in getting it all back together. :joyful:

Thanks @Muddy Cyclist

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Some way to go in the dark and dangerous north and North Norfolk to beat this. Warren Hathaway with investing.
Glad he is doing it - with the way that he lives, he could get by on on less than Harry and Megan without all the impersonations of a dodgy water pump. Still, in order to keep up with the Jones’s that’s another £4.10 that I need to donate today (proportion - and sing Dear Prudence in a Scottish accent).

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the potential for Days of Thunder here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken and bacon leftovers under a blanket of cheese and shoved in the ninja rocked in at 4.9 this am - how odd is that?

Vacuum cleaner playing up - it’s quite new, in a garish colour scheme and invented by that cyclonic Charles bloke who avoids taxes whilst waving a Union Flag. All bolt on goodies removed - oh look it works - find the blockage and notice a little key release that enables dismantling of the motorised brush thing - so, showed Mrs Miggins how to disassemble and got to skive off for the rest of the day.

Another picture today from a photo taken walking round to park. Enjoy your day, it’s The Battle of Bannockburn (well in 1314) but don’t tell wee Nicky Cranky she is still trying to make sense of the love letter sent by Andy Burnham about a holiday proposal. Time for my koffy.

View attachment 50157
I like this. You are developing a different kind of style with this @dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Before Covid, there was a lack in hygiene measures in many things @Krystyna23040
My beef was shopping baskets and trolleys that looked as though they had gathered 10 years or more of gunge and germs.
When Covid and lockdowns began, many of these appeared to get a deep cleaning by the shops. But gradually it is reverting back to pre-Covid times. And even the so called sanitising stations as you enter the shops are now devoid of any sanitiser, or they are empty. And the shopping baskets (especially plastic ones) now have the thick gunge on again.
Shopping trolleys have small children in them (possibly wee themselves), and even pets as dogs in them. Oh it's okay I have put a blanket in they say (where has that blanket been and which side was the dog sitting on it last?

Before Covid and lockdowns, I put a sturdy shopping bag (which gets a spray when I get home ready for next time) in the trolley and all my goods went in that. I still do that and I will continue to do that. I have my own hand sanitizer in my pocket and a couple of sanitizer wipes should I need them. I will always do this. I do have a compromised immune system anyway, so I am always mindful.

You are definitely not being paranoid. We have had it easy the last so many years where a lot of stuff has been provided for instead of bringing our own equipment. The onus should not be on you to clean and sterilise everything. Your job does not pay you enough for that. It is up to them to bring their own mats, and they can sterilise them or not when they get back home.

A certain amount of cleaning and hygiene is good where there are a lot of people congregating.
I used to wonder, incredulously about the practice of sanitising shopping baskets et al., in US supermarkets but can now see the point - hopefully we will not have to use the letter ‘zed’ though.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad he is doing it - with the way that he lives, he could get by on on less than Harry and Megan without all the impersonations of a dodgy water pump. Still, in order to keep up with the Jones’s that’s another £4.10 that I need to donate today (proportion - and sing Dear Prudence in a Scottish accent).
Planning to take it with you eh? You may be in for a surprise.

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Absolutely stunning photos.
I completely have fallen in love with the last one, the undulating yew hedge @Muddy Cyclist

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist I invested in some Chinese paints - they are quite different from watercolour paints - more opaque and like the ink, contain an amount of glue. Hopefully your Junk Studio will be all spit spot in no time.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Planning to take it with you eh? You may be in for a surprise.
Ah! Very true. When I sold my business and retired, I took full advantage of the 7 year rule - which is why my offspring are so keen to keep me in good cheer.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Started in Procreate, ran out of time and iPad battery was about to die, so cut painting short, finished it off with Popeye, and posted...

68DF8EB2-710A-4C54-B9CA-ABE66920FC5F.png

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah! Very true. When I sold my business and retired, I took full advantage of the 7 year rule - which is why my offspring are so keen to keep me in good cheer.
Sounds like a plan. In common with many, I would say, I'm part of a consortium of 3 sets of parents/grandparents trying to deal with protecting our children and their children from the consequences on their generations of the upward mobility of wealth (deliberate) since 2008. Not just the big spends - £2k per month childcare anyone? The nadir hasn't been reached but I fervently pray Johnson becomes bored fast. I wish him no harm, just get out fast and let someone serious and remotely competent run the show. Take the cabal of shysters with you - they can get as rich as Creosus for all I care. How did we ever sink to a point where the choice was between him and Corbyn?:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Sounds like a plan. In common with many, I would say, I'm part of a consortium of 3 sets of parents/grandparents trying to deal with protecting our children and their children from the consequences on their generations of the upward mobility of wealth (deliberate) since 2008. Not just the big spends - £2k per month childcare anyone? The nadir hasn't been reached but I fervently pray Johnson becomes bored fast. I wish him no harm, just get out fast and let someone serious and remotely competent run the show. Take the cabal of shysters with you - they can get as rich as Creosus for all I care. How did we ever sink to a point where the choice was between him and Corbyn?:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:
I hope he doesn't desert the ship so easily. He needs his feet held to the fire!
I want to know what his world beating ideas on climate change are? How he will level up the Lake District with the Fens and how all the poor will be able to live in new houses with zero energy bills. Where will the ground source heat pumps draw warmth from in postage sized gardens and how will he satisfy all the people who are happy with their gas boilers?
D.