What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
I found It interesting to learn recently Earth's twin, Venus, still has plate tecktonics, unlike Mars that lost it.
Venus losts its a more habitable climate and water long ago.

The lesson for us is that CO2, the moderator gas, is not where it should be for this goldilocks planet we live on, It needs to be under 300 p.p.m. not approaching 420 p.p.m. as it is now.

Too little, we would freeze and plant life fail to thrive and too much and the planet will reach a tipover point where positive feedback of CO2 occurs.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope he doesn't desert the ship so easily. He needs his feet held to the fire!
I want to know what his world beating ideas on climate change are? How he will level up the Lake District with the Fens and how all the poor will be able to live in new houses with zero energy bills. Where will the ground source heat pumps draw warmth from in postage sized gardens and how will he satisfy all the people who are happy with their gas boilers?
D.
Oh my, you are in for a shock. He is clearly just the acceptable (to voters) face for people with 4/5 of 5/8 concern for any of that. He is already bored and just wants his promised dosh (sorry Nigel, you frightened the hosses too much, good way finder though) and freedom. He will level raise to the ground.but up will be quietly dropped. Levelling up was just an aspiration don'tcha know, COVID.the EU, wrong kind of snow , The Woke etc to blame. Cheer up Derek, we've got sovereignty to feed the babes, Rashford can stand down ;) Heat source pumps breaking down on my son's development. His went today but under warranty - less than 3 years old.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.10am FBG 6.4. Evening indulgence in carby snacks will always do that.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Oh my, you are in for a shock. He is clearly just the acceptable (to voters) face for people with 4/5 of 5/8 concern for any of that. He is already bored and just wants his promised dosh (sorry Nigel, you frightened the hosses too much, good way finder though) and freedom. He will level raise to the ground.but up will be quietly dropped. Levelling up was just an aspiration don'tcha know, COVID.the EU, wrong kind of snow , The Woke etc to blame. Cheer up Derek, we've got sovereignty to feed the babes, Rashford can stand down ;) Heat source pumps breaking down on my son's development. His went today but under warranty - less than 3 years old.
Anything made with moving parts made in China won't last! :)
Wait for the car owners to moan when they find their battery technology gives low output in cold spells and starts losing its charge capacity after a few years unless they keep changing their cars regularly.
A battery change will be a frightening cost.

Not a problem with an old diesel Range Rover, their problem is the aerodynamic design of house bricks. ;)

D.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Very comfortable and robust though and I will keep mine as long as possible, woke or not. I don't like the newer models.
Plenty of room, Ian. The beeb one I drove was a massive petrol guzzler, the way we were dashing around the countryside and up and down hills to transmitters we only got c.14 to the gallon. I guess your diesel should be nearer 28?
The early ones had a strange feel when one went round a bend fast, it felt as if the body was not following the wheels round a corner.
They were good fun on snow.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
I found It interesting to learn recently Earth's twin, Venus, still has plate tecktonics, unlike Mars that lost it.
Venus losts its a more habitable climate and water long ago.

The lesson for us is that CO2, the moderator gas, is not where it should be for this goldilocks planet we live on, It needs to be under 300 p.p.m. not approaching 420 p.p.m. as it is now.

Too little, we would freeze and plant life fail to thrive and too much and the planet will reach a tipover point where positive feedback of CO2 occurs.
D.
Can any of you guys remember the Eagle comic and Dan Dare and his side kick, Digby and their trips to Venus and meeting the aliens?
Your probably all too young to remember the warlike Treens?
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Before Covid, there was a lack in hygiene measures in many things @Krystyna23040
My beef was shopping baskets and trolleys that looked as though they had gathered 10 years or more of gunge and germs.
When Covid and lockdowns began, many of these appeared to get a deep cleaning by the shops. But gradually it is reverting back to pre-Covid times. And even the so called sanitising stations as you enter the shops are now devoid of any sanitiser, or they are empty. And the shopping baskets (especially plastic ones) now have the thick gunge on again.
Shopping trolleys have small children in them (possibly wee themselves), and even pets as dogs in them. Oh it's okay I have put a blanket in they say (where has that blanket been and which side was the dog sitting on it last?

Before Covid and lockdowns, I put a sturdy shopping bag (which gets a spray when I get home ready for next time) in the trolley and all my goods went in that. I still do that and I will continue to do that. I have my own hand sanitizer in my pocket and a couple of sanitizer wipes should I need them. I will always do this. I do have a compromised immune system anyway, so I am always mindful.

You are definitely not being paranoid. We have had it easy the last so many years where a lot of stuff has been provided for instead of bringing our own equipment. The onus should not be on you to clean and sterilise everything. Your job does not pay you enough for that. It is up to them to bring their own mats, and they can sterilise them or not when they get back home.

A certain amount of cleaning and hygiene is good where there are a lot of people congregating.
Thank you. Good to know that you don't think I am being paranoid. Luckily, so far, only one person has objected.

It is horrible if shopping trolleys and baskets are dirty because the food goes from a dirty trolley into our fridges and cupboards.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can any of you guys remember the Eagle comic and Dan Dare and his side kick, Digby and their trips to Venus and meeting the aliens?
D.
I am 1949 vintage and yes I was an avid reader of The Eagle and The Topper. Then once a year Santa delivered The Giles Annual, I have a complete set of Giles and they still give me a laugh.

Reactions: lindisfel

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anything made with moving parts made in China won't last! :)
Wait for the car owners to moan when they find their battery technology gives low output in cold spells and starts losing its charge capacity after a few years unless they keep changing their cars regularly.
A battery change will be a frightening cost.

Not a problem with an old diesel Range Rover, their problem is the aerodynamic design of house bricks. ;)

D.

Mmmh ....so we destroy what's already been built, and replace it with new ?.

All highly promoted to keep up with Joneses,
(Yes apple etc including you here, too)

Sustainable, I think that was covered in parliament as " round, objects"..

So an imbalance there in what it's already cost the earth.

We rape and deplete the planet and certain areas for the elements and minerals to make them, at our peril.

Have no real plan for where & how the first/2nd/3rd gen baterries etc are recycled.

Or in reality in how on earth we provide sufficient power to run the nation's vehicles,
Cars in UK.

Not to mention how city dwellers, who don't have access to driveway electric points, will cope driving around for hours trying to find a free point, unless we carpet the streets with charging points..?

I fear we are heading for a "Zil lane culture",
In the years to come.

All part of the 'Levelling up'.

And doing it all while we reduce the need for humans to be involved in the building process.

God help the next generations to come

Mmhh wonder if Solyent Green, will be LCHF friendly :bag:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

mr gee got his wish, it piddled down most of the day :D fortunately it didn't bother us since we were inside the big shed :)

the wind is getting up outside and it's getting chilly this evening, it's been a bit of a dud day for the caravan dwellers I'm afraid. There were quite a few walking their dogs on the beach when we went out this morning to do our volunteer stint, all wrapped up in waterproofs :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - I'll take the ACV under advisement, I'll get some when we next go shopping and have a go at making some LC-ish chutney, haven't decided what type yet ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - Powis Castle looks lovely, and that yew hedge is amazing :)

@dunelm - nice loose foliage, you've managed a fine effect with a few strokes :)

@gennepher - we're lucky here then, all our shops still have sanitiser and masks are still mandatory, the case numbers are shooting up again so you would think that sensible care would still be the order of the day :sorry:
I still carry wipes and hand sanitiser myself though and I don't see myself going unmasked indoors any time soon.
Popeye looks very zen sitting there in your mysterious landscape watching the flow of the universe :)

art bit - was trying to get a bit of colour into the foreground, the starch sized Hahnemuhle paper doesn't absorb colour quite the same way as the Fabriano or the Bockingford, it's not bad, just different :D
upload_2021-6-24_20-24-54.jpeg

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
D.
Hello@lindisfel. Have you seen the back copies of the Eagle comic on disc available from ebay. Such detailed illustrations!:)