What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Plastering finished and looking good. Painting it will be my job. In a few days when it has dried.
Meanwhile I am trying to use as much of the tree as possible, so collecting the nuts in a separate bin. Had a suspicion they will take even longer to break down than the leaves do.
When does a twig become a branch?
Then when does a branch become a log?
Using as much of it as we can, but having already applied the same to a number of other trees we are over supplied with small wood already.
I am enjoying the subtle fragrance of the sap. Must beware of the sun today.
I have an uncle in Northumberland who makes rocking horses and all things wood who would gladly take the trunk of that Walnut tree from you - might be worth dragging onto a couple of logs (bigger than branches and twigs) to season for a couple of years. Logs, branches and twigs - line up and do a green party rendition of “The social class” sketch.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Am sad but the trunk is going to stay where it landed, even jointly we are not capable of moving it. Don't think our mower could shift it either. Maybe later on we might have a go with the car. Once there is room to move and time to think about it.

lindisfel

Expert
Am sad but the trunk is going to stay where it landed, even jointly we are not capable of moving it. Don't think our mower could shift it either. Maybe later on we might have a go with the car. Once there is room to move and time to think about it.
Some hard wood is extremely dense and heavy.
We cut down part of an old apple tree and the wood was extremely heavy.
Even Ash is much lighter but quicker growing for a hard wood.
Such a trunk would be valuable for a crafts person.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Had a really good day yesterday. Caught up on a lot of admin and hopefully today will be another good day and I will get lots more done.

Really good to see everyone still wearing masks in Aldi yesterday.

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening, in a blind panic here, now running late.
Thank you all for the best wishes for this mornings appointment.

5.0 this morning.

Must depart.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Some hard wood is extremely dense and heavy.
We cut down part of an old apple tree and the wood was extremely heavy.
Even Ash is much lighter but quicker growing for a hard wood.
Such a trunk would be valuable for a crafts person.
D.
We are thinking about possible uses for it, but early days yet.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is Friday this must be Forest Heath. Where you come from do you put the kettle on? So the outcome of mackerel salad sans avo then clearing up some lamb shoulder was 5.1 on Swipey. That's an L in the results column but not season defining. Chaos upstairs (long story) here needs sorting before evening as No 2 son, wife and 3 daughters - one I have never seen in the flesh - arriving from Southampton. Much as I am delighted to see them all it seems one of the most stupid ideas anyone ever had except that there are two even more bat poop crazy ones to come. Two 3rd birthday parties on successive weekends (a hog roast isn't for a 3 yo girl, just nonsense), here and in Southampton. Really hard to smile sweetly and pretend I'm not seething. Anyhow, Salmon salad day today so thanks be to God for that. I hope all goes well at the liver clinic @alf_Josiah . The forest pictures and art work are wonderful @dunelm . Thank you for sharing. @lindisfel that electrician sounds as though he would have been known as a "sooner" in my part of Fenland. The hot spell is ending soon so Popeye and @gennepher may find some blessed relief. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.2 this morning. Had a really good day yesterday. Caught up on a lot of admin and hopefully today will be another good day and I will get lots more done.

Really good to see everyone still wearing masks in Aldi yesterday.
Noticed on Facebook that Aldi was asking everyone who can to continue wearing masks in their shop. Thankfully some people can make a sensible decision.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Noticed on Facebook that Aldi was asking everyone who can to continue wearing masks in their shop. Thankfully some people can make a sensible decision.
Yes, thank goodness so many people are making sensible decisions. Hopefully it will help to slow down the rise in cases after 'Freedom Day'.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your kind words @gennepher I have spent the morning travelling back in time - visiting all the ways it could have been different...while cutting off and bagging the leaves for compost. MrSlim wanted to know if I was going to compost the nuts as well. Perhaps I should. Have filled the small trailer with twigs and small branches, major addition to the burning pile.
MrSlim has been otherwise engaged in a far more skilful task, plastering the last wall in the kitchen.
Hope you are managing to keep cool.
Great that you are making good use of the tree. Although sad that the tree was cut down, at least your house is safe in the future.

We had a tree in our back garden that in the storm of 1987 started to lean over. We saved it and were so happy, but were not so happy some years later when it grew bigger and it's roots caused our house to subside. The repair bill was quite large and the tree had to be cut down. Oh how we wished we had cut it down in 1987.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah! Tony Hart at the cheese counter morphing the cheese. Pleased that you have solved the cooling problem. Tie everything down if you put all the fans on at once in case you take off. I see another sign needed to instruct delivery folk as to where your receptionist station is situated.
Thanks @dunelm
:)

I needed it all last night!

The poor Hermes delivery guy has already berated me in a long rant about which notice is he meant to read. But yesterday was Amazon delivery guy, and I can only assume the extreme heat liquefied his neural pathways so he was hallucinating...

lindisfel

Expert
@dunelm Plastering finished and looking good. Painting it will be my job. In a few days when it has dried.
7.20am FBG 6.2
Weight 50.6kg am not happy with my shape however so am trying to restart my exercise programme, abandoned while we were in the motorhome.
Meanwhile I am trying to use as much of the tree as possible, so collecting the nuts in a separate bin. Have a suspicion they will take even longer to break down than the leaves do.
When does a twig become a branch?
Then when does a branch become a log?
Using as much of it as we can, but having already applied the same to a number of other trees we are over supplied with small wood already.
I am enjoying the subtle fragrance of the sap. Must beware of the sun today.
He must be good if he can plaster ceilings, getting them flat I find a real problem, but one expects some bumps and valleys in a cottage. It's easier skimming plasterboards.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from an already quite muggy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of another salad, layered with some cold meats came in at 5.8 this am

We returned home yesterday and decided to keep under the trees as much as possible. So, a few hours walking round Dalby Forest and then off to Falling Foss Tea Gardens for lunch - way off the beaten track (B road, to C road, to almost a bridle way and then some dirt, down in the woods where the cars can’t go. Probably a mill back in the day. Couple of images to keep you cool. Those greedy birds have almost cleaned out the feeders, 7 of them arguing about it as I type and a couple of gold finches in for a very quick visit yesterday afternoon.

Art bit today - another ink sketch on a Rizla+ paper. Have a wonderful Friday if you can. Time for some koffy.
View attachment 50566

View attachment 50565

View attachment 50564
I could do with a paddle in that stream @dunelm ...

I like the boldness of this painting very much, and the intense red orb...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

I needed all those fans and most of that ice last night for every fan, and my drinking water.

The temperature at the beginning of the evening was 31.5 C outside, and inside my bungalow early evening was 32.5 C. It was absolutely intolerable. Even Popeye was going from fan to fan to find the best one...and I was busy all night keeping it all going. Most of the residents in our road did not return last night. It was no better outside.

Popeye woke me at 3 am. I had just nodded off. His favourite fan had stopped working. So I had to reset it, put more ice in the jar in front of it, feed him some cat food I had slid between the ice packs. I haven't opened the fridge or freezer in 3 days.

I am awake now, so I opened the other doors and windows in the bungalow because the air is now cooler outside than inside.

I have no more energy to go out and look for more ice for tonight. But the weather app promised 29C plus this afternoon...

However, I have finally managed to drag out a nearly 20 year old atomiser and ioniser out of the Tardis (garage). It is massive. I can barely lift the water tank and attach the two halves. I thought I had thrown it away because I had bought it for breathing problems, and I had ended up with damp mouldy walls because of the continuous billowing clouds of mist, so I had stopped using it.

Before use I had to clean it with white vinegar, let it completely dry, and now set it up. The billowing clouds of mist are that intense, I cannot see the walls or ceiling. Now, I fully remember why I stopped using it...

I had also worried, because in 2002 I was in Barrow in Furness, the day of the Legionnaires outbreak. I had been waiting, over half an hour, in the alleyway where the badly maintained faulty air conditioning unit was. And I do remember the the white mists/steam coming out of it. But I was waiting for my friend, and we didn't have mobile phones particularly in those days. I tested positive for Legionaires and I had antibiotics for it, but I wasn't hospitalised. It was a heck of a long time waiting for the testing sample at the hospital to grow. I remember the young technician who took the sample from me was so excited because she'd never had a patient with potential Legionnaires before!

So, before I am using my atomiser and ioniser unit, it has to be scrubbed clean with white vinegar and fully dried. That took me a couple of days.

But if needed, I will run that tonight.

Trying a few different things with the collage app and Snapseed, experimenting.

Now I need a cuppa.
It's 11:28 am and I can feel the heat already.
25.3C

Take care

FC0B7DBB-6E4E-4670-A016-E3ED8E803D80.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I needed all those fans and most of that ice last night for every fan, and my drinking water.

The temperature at the beginning of the evening was 31.5 C outside, and inside my bungalow early evening was 32.5 C. It was absolutely intolerable. Even Popeye was going from fan to fan to find the best one...and I was busy all night keeping it all going. Most of the residents in our road did not return last night. It was no better outside.

Popeye woke me at 3 am. I had just nodded off. His favourite fan had stopped working. So I had to reset it, put more ice in the jar in front of it, feed him some cat food I had slid between the ice packs. I haven't opened the fridge or freezer in 3 days.

I am awake now, so I opened the other doors and windows in the bungalow because the air is now cooler outside than inside.

I have no more energy to go out and look for more ice for tonight. But the weather app promised 29C plus this afternoon...

However, I have finally managed to drag out a nearly 20 year old atomiser and ioniser out of the Tardis (garage). It is massive. I can barely lift the water tank and attach the two halves. I thought I had thrown it away because I had bought it for breathing problems, and I had ended up with damp mouldy walls because of the continuous billowing clouds of mist, so I had stopped using it.

Before use I had to clean it with white vinegar, let it completely dry, and now set it up. The billowing clouds of mist are that intense, I cannot see the walls or ceiling. Now, I fully remember why I stopped using it...

I had also worried, because in 2002 I was in Barrow in Furness, the day of the Legionnaires outbreak. I had been waiting, over half an hour, in the alleyway where the badly maintained faulty air conditioning unit was. And I do remember the the white mists/steam coming out of it. But I was waiting for my friend, and we didn't have mobile phones particularly in those days. I tested positive for Legionaires and I had antibiotics for it, but I wasn't hospitalised. It was a heck of a long time waiting for the testing sample at the hospital to grow. I remember the young technician who took the sample from me was so excited because she'd never had a patient with potential Legionnaires before!

So, before I am using my atomiser and ioniser unit, it has to be scrubbed clean with white vinegar and fully dried. That took me a couple of days.

But if needed, I will run that tonight.

Trying a few different things with the collage app and Snapseed, experimenting.

Now I need a cuppa.
It's 11:28 am and I can feel the heat already.
25.3C

Take care

View attachment 50572
The adventures of @gennepher and Popeye would be an amazing book with stunning illustrations. Today we had fans, atomisers, legionnaires disease and Siddhartha Gautama. You two have packed several lives into your time together so it would need several volumes. I awarded a winner for the montage but a hug is needed for the heat and previous legionnaires. Heat should drop off after the weekend so life should be slightly easier for you. Saying that life never seems easy in Gennworld. Stay cool and safe.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The adventures of @gennepher and Popeye would be an amazing book with stunning illustrations. Today we had fans, atomisers, legionnaires disease and Siddhartha Gautama. You two have packed several lives into your time together so it would need several volumes. I awarded a winner for the montage but a hug is needed for the heat and previous legionnaires. Heat should drop off after the weekend so life should be slightly easier for you. Saying that life never seems easy in Gennworld. Stay cool and safe.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)
I hope that heat does drop off.
But the promised thunderstorms and rain promised for Saturday night have now been unpromised by the met office. That would have cooled my roof tiles and attic space...

lindisfel

Expert
And I thought he was a little Buddha!;)