What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Outstanding, good and bad in there young man. The outstanding is the almost three decades since transplant. The good is how it all went smoothly. The bad is the nagging doubt that there will still be a biopsy. Give my regards to the saintly Mrs A J.

Have passed on your regards to the not so saintly Mrs J, Mrs J thanks you, then muttered something along the lines of " Why can't you you be more gentlemanly like Mr P Spurs? " Then ruffled her scales and spat flames in my direction.
Thanks Ianpspurs another fine mess you have got me into.

lindisfel

Expert
Have passed on your regards to the not so saintly Mrs J, Mrs J thanks you, then muttered something along the lines of " Why can't you you be more gentlemanly like Mr P Spurs? " Then ruffled her scales and spat flames in my direction.
You obviously have not told us all the truth, Alf,..... about Mrs J sleeping on a hoard of dragon gold?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Seems I forgot to post this morning.
7.20 am FBG 5.4
Lowest it has been for a while, I believe this is on the high end of "normal" range. Also noticed @ianpspurs bemoaning his high of 5.2... what are you aiming for @ianpspurs ?
Meannwhile there was too much to do this morning and lot of it needing dry weather. But it rained... might have to pull up all my potatoes tomorrow if blight has got them, have been checking them three times a day and removing every suspicious leaf. This morning was only one small leaf, but blight loves humidity. So not counting any chickens, or potatoes.
Our next door neighbours have been displaying a planning notice for a few months. They are having a garage built. Am assuming this means the Integral tandem garage will be converted into a room. We both wondered where said garage would be located, but had not enough interest to go online and examine the plans.
When the site was excavated it became clear that this is going to be in a far different location the either of us had considered and of a different type of construction too.
Possibly a partly underground building. Nowhere near the house. We speculated as to access. Would there be a new opening onto the road? But no, the continuing excavations revealed a rather long run in the rain to the cars.
Our opinionated neighbour on the other side of the building works has informed us they are selling. MrSlim and I think that the new building in their view might have been a contributing factor in the decision.
We are both keen to see how long it takes to sell.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.20 am FBG 5.4
Lowest it has been for a while, I believe this is on the high end of "normal" range. Also noticed @ianpspurs bemoaning his high of 5.2... what are you aiming for @ianpspurs ?
Meannwhile there was too much to do this morning and lot of it needing dry weather. But it rained... might have to pull up all my potatoes tomorrow if blight has got them, have been checking them three times a day and removing every suspicious leaf. This morning was only one small leaf, but blight loves humidity. So not counting any chickens, or potatoes.
Our next door neighbours have been displaying a planning notice for a few months. They are having a garage built. Am assuming this means the Integral tandem garage will be converted into a room. We both wondered where said garage would be located, but had not enough interest to go online and examine the plans.
When the site was excavated it became clear that this is going to be in a far different location the either of us had considered and of a different type of construction too.
Possibly a partly underground building. Nowhere near the house. We speculated as to access. Would there be a new opening onto the road? But no, the continuing excavations revealed a rather long run in the rain to the cars.
Our opinionated neighbour on the other side of the building works has informed us they are selling. MrSlim and I think that the new building in their view might have been a contributing factor in the decision.
Good FBG. Potatoes - do you use Bordeaux Mixture (no good if blight or mildew is already there mind). I can remember my sister in law going out to her potatoes each day (in France) and squishing some sort of bug - they eventually gave up with growing spuds although my French brother in law grows those black ones on Noirmoutier - dead expensive. French planning laws - dangerous things - I would blame the Mairie.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
DANG, BLAST AND **** this ×#$%^**** covid. Without it I would be on a ferry tonight, in UK tomorrow morning.
Currently earliest possible departure looks like Tuesday or Wednesday and then the 10 days quarantine.
Screams and wails

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DANG, BLAST AND **** this ×#$%^**** covid. Without it I would be on a ferry tonight, in UK tomorrow morning.
Currently earliest possible departure looks like Tuesday or Wednesday and then the 10 days quarantine.
Screams and wails
Lots of commiserations @SlimLizzy

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.20 am FBG 5.4
5.2 on finger prick is fine (ish) needs to be in very low 4s on Libre.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are most welcome,. Any time. just ask. No trouble at all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A day or two off

Fbg was low 6's each morning

Just back from my aunt's funeral.

Funerals are never truly a joyous affair, but a necessary part of the healing .

Cousins run from my age down to mid 40's

One of the youngest read out a story at the lecturn.

Meant to help kids deal with bereavement, but suitable for adults too

Her voice broke a few time, but she finished.

Only respect for the church stopped me standing to applaud.

I leave it here, in the hope it may guide a young one to come to terms with the loss of a loved one

http://www.healingheart.net/stories/waterbug.html

Me & Lauren had a lovely day,
One full of Tears, but balanced with much laughter as we heard so many stories told with much love of my Aunt.

RiP Auntie
Always in my heart

Will catch up tomorrow :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

I was shocked when I went out just now to the front of my bungalow, and looked up and down my road.

I am the last man standing...

Not one person in my road spent the night in their bungalows, out of about 40 bungalows. All their bungalows completely shut up, not one window open, and nearly all their cars are gone, just a few have their second cars in their driveways.

I feel like I am in Armageddon.

I had 19 fans going non-stop last night, would have been more, but some are being recharged. I have fans to plug in the electricity. I have usb fans which can be plugged into electricity if there is a suitable adaptor (and I had to rack my brains last night when yet another power pack gave up the ghost, but I found a solution because I never throw away anything electrical even then it doesn't appear to work any more, and then I realised I also had a couple of fully charged devices which could be adapted to using as power packs, after checking all voltage and wattage was compatible). And I have rechargeable fans.

I have another additional 8 rechargeable fans (fully charged) on standby for when the battery packs on some fans run out. I have learnt I will not buy the bigger battery packs again, because they take all day to charge up, and that leaves me in a pickle in an emergency situation like this. I will buy the mid sized ones that take 4 to 6 hours to recharge, not the larger ones that take over 12 hours.

My fridge and freezer have 4 fans each running non-stop on them, and there is an additional medium sized fan with a water reservoir in it, making 9 fans in total in just the kitchen alone. The kitchen is unbreathable in this hot weather. But this amount of fans has saved my fridge and my freezer from overheating, and enables me spend a few minutes in the kitchen to make a cuppa etc.

And my 20 year old atomiser and ioniser has been bellowing steam non stop all night in my bedroom. Cat joined me again for the night as the best room to be in. I had to refill the 4.6 litre water tank for the atomiser this morning. Yesterday when I turned it off to give it a rest, I ran my dehumidifier for a couple of hours to dry out the bedroom walls and bedding.

Me the last man standing last night...I don't believe it...
At least it shall be peaceful here today...

It is 5:30 now, and I will be taking pics of his Lordship in a bit.

By the way the moon was a strange glowing orange watermelony colour this morning...

And I had an apocalypse nightmare...and I was trying to get people to listen and be aware about the zombies who were slowly gormlessly marching in on all of us. Nothing could stop them. The whole nightmare was in that grey, black, brown effect to add to the hopelessness of it all. And there was definitely a touch of The Hunger Games in my nightmare, with these arenas where battles for life took place. I think I missed my calling in this lifetime, I should have have been a novelist for Armageddon type stories...

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A day or two off

I leave it here, in the hope it may guide a young one to come to terms with the loss of a loved one

One full of Tears, but balanced with much laughter as we heard so many stories told with much love of my Aunt.

RiP Auntie
Always in my heart

Huge hug to you, Lauren and family. Funerals are all part of life and so good that a story was told to help with the grieving process. Always missed, never forgotten.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A day or two off

RiP Auntie
Always in my heart

Hugs @jjraak
Take care x

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a decidedly cooler start the the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of some form of pasta dish (mine with zero noodles) came in at 5.7 this am

Our grandson, Mr Pickle is off to Spain today with his mum - staying at mum’s parents’ villa - don’t get over excited about that term for a house, it’s a sales ploy. I once owned "une affaire exceptionnelle" in France - at least that’s what the immobilier advertised it as. I think if was just an à vendre.
We have the girl in the bubble today and a sleep over - mum and dad celebrating their wedding anniversary. Should be fun as we normally look after her Tuesday also - what shall we do? Hope it doesn’t rain - the plants in the garden may want to argue about that.

Art bit - we saw some of last years pine cones hanging from broken branches in the woods last week. Ink on unsized rice paper. Have a super duper Sunday watching to fitness fanatics over in Tokyo. I shall drink koffy.

upload_2021-7-25_8-0-19.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a decidedly cooler start the the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of some form of pasta dish (mine with zero noodles) came in at 5.7 this am

Our grandson, Mr Pickle is off to Spain today with his mum - staying at mum’s parents’ villa - don’t get over excited about that term for a house, it’s a sales ploy. I once owned "une affaire exceptionnelle" in France - at least that’s what the immobilier advertised it as. I think if was just an à vendre.
We have the girl in the bubble today and a sleep over - mum and dad celebrating their wedding anniversary. Should be fun as we normally look after her Tuesday also - what shall we do? Hope it doesn’t rain - the plants in the garden may want to argue about that.

Art bit - we saw some of last years pine cones hanging from broken branches in the woods last week. Ink on unsized rice paper. Have a super duper Sunday watching to fitness fanatics over in Tokyo. I shall drink koffy.

View attachment 50583

Your painting this morning with the pine cones @dunelm looks just like my larch tree at the moment...
Beautiful!

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
8.30am FBG 6.2
Yesterday Errant was very agitated about something. He was calling loudly at us all day, didn't want cuddles or laptime, accepted his meals but continued calling and following us about afterwards. Hope he has settled down today. MrSlim said Errant was expressing his disapproval of the weather, it rained most of the day. Every time Errant went outside he got wet and there was no sleeping in the sun for hours.
I didn't approve of the weather either, but it did prompt me into doing some indoor housekeeping, that has a tendency to get neglected when there is outside work to be done.
Meanwhile I need to return ASAP to the UK, where my Mother is in hospital. Nobody knows yet what exactly the problem is, but from the symptoms, it sounds serious.
Because of covid rules I can't get there before Wednesday and then 10 days in quarantine.

Edited to add.
Dad will be needing someone to look after him as well. He is very frail and terribly forgetful.

Last edited: