What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Thunder Storms, Hog roast cum 3rd birthday party a day early, HO, Ho, Ho lympics, St James day and No 2 grandson making a determined effort to join us. It is either all go, all gone or was never there. Swipey was 4.3 this morning after a BBQ :arghh: Heck Sausages are so salty but made it look like I was joining in. BBQ and LC totally incompatible IMHO. Hug and winner for the funeral @jjraak - to take something positive away is a blessing. Full of admiration for the way you overcome so many obstacles @gennepher. Enjoy the day with THITB @dunelm we had six grandchildren and 91 yo MIL here yesterday. Unicorn paddling pool held up well. Cope the best you can today folks. As Churchill said KBO.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.30am FBG 6.2
Yesterday Errant was very agitated about something. He was calling loudly at us all day, didn't want cuddles or laptime, accepted his meals but continued calling and following us about afterwards. Hope he has settled down today. MrSlim said Errant was expressing his disapproval of the weather, it rained most of the day. Every time Errant went outside he got wet and there was no sleeping in the sun for hours.
I didn't approve of the weather either, but it did prompt me into doing some indoor housekeeping, that has a tendency to get neglected when there is outside work to be done.
Meanwhile I need to return ASAP to the UK
where my Mother is in hospital. Nobody knows yet what exactly the problem is, but from the symptoms, it sounds serious.
Because of covid rules I can't get there before Wednesday and then 10 days in quarantine.
I hope and wish and pray you can get to your mother as soon as it is possible @SlimLizzy

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are wondering about what today has in store for them.

6.1 this morning on that scheming meter of deception and plotting.

Special mention for @gennepher & @jjraak, hugs for you both, but for different reasons. Gennepher what material is your and your neighbours bungalow fabricated from?

Here in Tilehurst Towers me and me's are wondering about going out on the motorcycle, only a 30% chance of rain, the roads will be quiet this time of day and I might just get a vegan bacon sarnie, bacon has been nominated a super food, the 6th food along with your 5 a day, but 5 slices of bacon is a bit much when in between low carb seeded bread available sarf of Watford. :) hehehehe.

Now koffy is calling "%#$*^¥".......such language this early on a Sunday.

Remember the stays.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.4 today

forgot to post yesterday just went off to bed after being outside watering all the plants in pots :sorry:
it's cooler this morning and there is a fine mist which means everything is at least moist and it's abit cooler so far :)
might try for a barbecue lunch today

@dunelm your barbecue sounded good :) I like both your paintings very much, that tree is fine and statuesque and I particularly like the way you've painted the sun in the sky and your pine cones have a lovely strong graphic quality :joyful:

@gennepher - your garden looks lovely and shady there and Popeye looks well content under that umbrella in your montage ;) hope your battery power holds out so you can both keep comfy :)

@ianpspurs - sounds like a joyous family meeting :joyful:

@jjraak - a bittersweet occasion with joy out of sadness and a help to healing, hugs to you all.

@SlimLizzy - hope things go well for your Mum and you all arrive back safely :)

@lindisfel - sounds like the clinic was a bit of a 'curate's egg' kind of day, here's hoping the new technology and the post office win out for you ;)

art bit - from a photo (I think it's of Skye) I found on the internet ;)

upload_2021-7-25_8-58-12.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
It seems Errant has sustained several small injuries, presumably from his scuffle with the dog last week. I am still trying to check him over more thoroughly, But he is not co-operating. There was no visible sign of injury at the time. Of course in the hot weather he wasn't keen to sit on a lap and that suited me as well. Now he is shedding small tufts of fur as the scratches heal.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. Thunder Storms, Hog roast cum 3rd birthday party a day early, HO, Ho, Ho lympics, St James day and No 2 grandson making a determined effort to join us. It is either all go, all gone or was never there. Swipey was 4.3 this morning after a BBQ :arghh: Heck Sausages are so salty but made it look like I was joining in. BBQ and LC totally incompatible IMHO. Hug and winner for the funeral @jjraak - to take something positive away is a blessing. Full of admiration for the way you overcome so many obstacles @gennepher. Enjoy the day with THIB @dunelm we had six grandchikdren and 91 yo MIL here yeaterday Unicorn addling pool held up well. Cope the best you can today folks. As Churchill said KBO.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are wondering about what today has in store for them.

6.1 this morning on that scheming meter of deception and plotting.

Special mention for @gennepher & @jjraak, hugs for you both, but for different reasons. Gennepher what material is your and your neighbours bungalow fabricated from?

Here in Tilehurst Towers me and me's are wondering about going out on the motorcycle, only a 30% chance of rain, the roads will be quiet this time of day and I might just get a vegan bacon sarnie, bacon has been nominated a super food, the 6th food along with your 5 a day, but 5 slices of bacon is a bit much when in between low carb seeded bread available sarf of Watford. :) hehehehe.

Now koffy is calling "%#$*^¥".......such language this early on a Sunday.

Remember the stays.

They were all built by the same builder who took as many short cuts as possible @alf_Josiah which I didn't find out until after I bought it. The list is too long...

Just bricks for walls and the usual cement tiles for the roofs. But the roof space retains the heat on very hot days, and if there is no rain, there is nothing to cool/dissipate that hot air in the attic, And even a small amount of sunshine the next few days after the high heat spell causes the heat in that attic space to continue to build up...
I badly need a thunderstorm of loads of rain.

It is actually cooler in my garage and also my potting shed this morning. I have a kettle in the garage, and a rocking chair, and I might go in the garage later. The sun is shining all day according to weather app, which is not going to do gathered heat in my attic space any favours.

The kitchen and front room is also intolerable in hot spells, they have the full force of the midday sun. I have not opened the curtains for 3 weeks in a vain attempt to try and keep it cool. One bungalow two doors down built a huge overhanging porch the length of the front of their bungalow to try and mitigate that hot midday sun.

There should be some way of building something into that roof space where the hot air can release itself...

Enjoy your sarnie if you go for a ride...

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It seems Errant has sustained several small injuries, presumably from his scuffle with the dog last week. I am still trying to check him over more thoroughly, But he is not co-operating. There was no visible sign of injury at the time. Of course in the hot weather he wasn't keen to sit on a lap and that suited me as well. Now he is shedding small tufts of fur as the scratches heal.
That is what happened Popeye last year @SlimLizzy when he got attacked by the feral cat.
I did check every inch of Popeye and treated the scratch/bite injuries. But there were some small ones I missed (because of his thick fur) which took some time to develop into abscesses. I had the devil of a job getting hold of antibiotics because Covid severe lockdown had just started. But I managed to get some antibiotic tablets from a farm vet.
However, I think you have found Errant's scratches in good time. He will make a good recovery now you can treat them.
Hugs for all this stuff one thing after another.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for Errant and for you with the worry over your mum.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

forgot to post yesterday just went off to bed after being outside watering all the plants in pots :sorry:
it's cooler this morning and there is a fine mist which means everything is at least moist and it's abit cooler so far :)

@dunelm your barbecue sounded good :) I like both your paintings very much, that tree is fine and statuesque and I particularly like the way you've painted the sun in the sky and your pine cones have a lovely strong graphic quality :joyful:

@gennepher - your garden looks lovely and shady there and Popeye looks well content under that umbrella in your montage ;) hope your battery power holds out so you can both keep comfy :)

@jjraak - a bittersweet occasion with joy out of sadness and a help to healing, hugs to you all.

@lindisfel - sounds like the clinic was a bit of a 'curate's egg' kind of day, here's hoping the new technology and the post office win out for you ;)

View attachment 50585
Thanks @geefull

I hope you have a good barbecue today!

Your painting is beautiful.
I could do with some cooler Scottish weather...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 50585
Thank you @geefull and I hope that you enjoy your BBQ lunch today in this cooler air. Lovely colours in your painting today, it looks like a cool and peaceful place to be.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs all round for you and Errant and hope that you can get home safely soon.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Too many birds this morning for his Lordship...

The brightly coloured goldfinches were making a din.
The sparrows were using my uplighter (that went on fire earlier this year and I had to get it outside) which I now hang suet balls on, as a dust bath. It is hard to see, but there are 3 birds, one flying in, one on the edge, and one in the dry soil I put in the concave bit. Every morning they queue up for this dust bath.
Down below is a disgruntled cat who thought he was going to get peace. Even the ferns didn't offer much sound protection.

His Lordship is now sleeping in front of a noisy fan indoors...

All the small birds are having a rustling the branches and leaves party this morning.
Different sparrows, dunnocks, longtailedtits (so beautiful), bluetits, goldfinches, rosefinches, more finches, a robin, and more are all flying in a flock together!

E07CC3EC-5550-4403-9C9C-1A0E91F0A7AA.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late posting fbs - which were 4.6.
Was really tired this morning - probably because of teaching Pilates in this hot weather.

Because of the forecast thunder storms we decided to walk to Dereham, our local market town, instead of visiting National Trust parkland. If we got wet - at least we would be close to home.

I was really surprised at just how enjoyable the morning was. We don't need to walk along the main roads so just meandered around various paths and through the rugby field.

Met and chatted to some acquaintances we hadn't seen for ages (socially distanced of course). Bought some rice protein powder from the Grape Tree and some other stuff (thank goodness Mr K carried it home in my backpack as it was quite heavy).

Before setting off home we had a coffee at Costa Coffee. It was lovely sitting at the tables outside - chatting to the other dog owners who were also having a coffee. A staff member bought out some water for our dogs in a clean bowl - which was a really nice thing to do.

we walked over 4 miles and there were no thunderstorms. It was just so relaxing.

Had Ribeye steak for lunch and am looking forward to trying out the rice protein powder in my little pancakes later. It is quite high in protein and quite a mild taste - so hopefully should be OK.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Too many birds this morning for his Lordship...

The brightly coloured goldfinches were making a din.
The sparrows were using my uplighter (that went on fire earlier this year and I had to get it outside) which I now hang suet balls on, as a dust bath. It is hard to see, but there are 3 birds, one flying in, one on the edge, and one in the dry soil I put in the concave bit. Every morning they queue up for this dust bath.
Down below is a disgruntled cat who thought he was going to get peace. Even the ferns didn't offer much sound protection.

His Lordship is now sleeping in front of a noisy fan indoors...

All the small birds are having a rustling the branches and leaves party this morning.
Different sparrows, dunnocks, longtailedtits (so beautiful), bluetits, goldfinches, rosefinches, more finches, a robin, and more are all flying in a flock together!

View attachment 50586
Am jealous @gennepher Have never seen a rosefinch. The orange moon you mentioned previously is apparently called the Buck moon because its arrival signalled the start of the hunting season in( I think) USA