What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Hopefully will get lots of admin done this morning. Aldi shopping day today. Have not been able to buy any frozen raspberries for a few weeks now. Luckily I still have some I bought earlier in the year.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a cheerful looking start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of “I died on your arm last night - it must have been something you said” was torn out this morning - there might be another in the wings.

Tramadol days, again, and not that many left - I may have to resort to hitting my big toe with a hammer - it helps you dull out the back pain. Don’t do this if you paint your nails. Still, won’t stop me from trimming my beard - I know, regular hero me.
Some friends are on a camper van tour and will be in Whitby this afternoon so may pop over for a promised koffy later. Mrs Miggins is continuing her woman with a van act - it’s like The Borrowers have been having a field day or some dimensional shift. She seems happy enough in her nice overalls and Bob The Builder t-shirt.

Another tree - buy one, get another two for free. Hope your day is a good one. Koffy time.

upload_2021-9-16_7-24-54.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a cheerful looking start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of “I died on your arm last night - it must have been something you said” was torn out this morning - there might be another in the wings.

Tramadol days, again, and not that many left - I may have to resort to hitting my big toe with a hammer - it helps you dull out the back pain. Don’t do this if you paint your nails. Still, won’t stop me from trimming my beard - I know, regular hero me.
Some friends are on a camper van tour and will be in Whitby this afternoon so may pop over for a promised koffy later. Mrs Miggins is continuing her woman with a van act - it’s like The Borrowers have been having a field day or some dimensional shift. She seems happy enough in her nice overalls and Bob The Builder t-shirt.

Another tree - buy one, get another two for free. Hope your day is a good one. Koffy time.

View attachment 51173
Hugs as well as winner for your post @dunelm
Brilliant tree landscape as always...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Playing in the early hours with my second sunflower, a baby one, big one has been battered by the torrential rain...but still shines its golden light brightly...
Went out in the dark to take a photo of baby sunflower with Huawei tablet. It didn't do too badly.
Why am I taking photos in the dark again? I was out all day yesterday, and cat missed me a lot, so was being a needy animal for attention all night. Sigh, so I gave up on sleep and played with this photo instead just using the edit software that came with the camera on this device. I have never used it before, so it kept my mind occupied...and I popped it in my new app Polish for a couple of tune ups...
But I am here when I am meant to be there... So cat will have to be left again...but only for an hour...
Polish_20210916_002555981.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Playing in the early hours with my second sunflower, a baby one, big one has been battered by the torrential rain...but still shines its golden light brightly...
Went out in the dark to take a photo of baby sunflower with Huawei tablet. It didn't do too badly.
Why am I taking photos in the dark again? I was out all day yesterday, and cat missed me a lot, so was being a needy animal for attention all night. Sigh, so I gave up on sleep and played with this photo instead just using the edit software that came with the camera on this device. I have never used it before, so it kept my mind occupied...and I popped it in my new app Polish for a couple of tune ups...
But I am here when I am meant to be there... So cat will have to be left again...but only for an hour...
View attachment 51174
Lovely colours. I like the orange petals jumping out of the purple.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good post reshuffle morning chums. We should all sleep soundly with Liz and Nadine in the top team:bigtears:. Another known unknown on the fbg front - and back come to that. Hug for anything needing Tramadol @dunelm. Via the post Julie doesn't need to sign for those and co-codamol. Is your issue also back? Don't use the Stihl on that beard, it is for hedges. @gennepher glad the lyrics were useful. @Krystyna23040 great fbg and I hope the admin is a breeze. @lindisfel a chune for you and MIL aka Nanny London who is being released into the wild (here) today. Shake ya booty chums
*Lyrics

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good post reshuffle morning chums. We should all sleep soundly with Liz and Nadine in the top team:bigtears:. Another known unknown on the fbg front - and back come to that. Hug for anything needing Tramadol @dunelm. Via the post Julie doesn't need to sign for those and co-codamol. Is your issue also back? Don't use the Stihl on that beard, it is for hedges. @gennepher glad the lyrics were useful. @Krystyna23040 great fbg and I hope the admin is a breeze. @lindisfel a chune for you and MIL aka Nanny London who is being released into the wild (here) today. Shake ya booty chums
*Lyrics
@ianpspurs - lower back - got it in one. It comes and goes - sometimes creeps up and sometimes just jumps out for no good reason.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs - lower back - got it in one. It comes and goes - sometimes creeps up and sometimes just jumps out for no good reason.
Hug for that I know how painful Julie finds it. My back issue is (apparently) to do with the spine trapping the nerves which basically refuse to communicate properly with muscles below the knee but no pain. Hence walking is hard work and no running:bigtears: which means the exercise bike is a biggy for me. Quads are overly important for me. Hope this current episode is brought to heal pronto.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Would love to see pictures of the little hedgehogs you have rescued.
Am working on it @Krystyna23040 , probably later on today when I will be hiding from the sun. Side effect of antibiotics increased risk of sunburn. My skin burns easily anyway so extra careful atm.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening, drat, blast and other profanities, overslept again!

5.1 on that meter.........

Unsupervised again and a looooong task list, sorry but must depart and lose the task list.
Have a great day, you woke up didn't you? Therefore by definition it's a good day in me and me's book.
Stay safe, stay apart and stay away from cabinet rooms those shuffles can be risky.

lindisfel

Expert

View attachment 51173
I hope you are not fulfilling the role of Wendy? I could never stand that gender levelling up know it all to the weak willed Bob! ;)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
"Rescued" is perhaps not the right word - since it was MrSlim who partly blocked up their access hole. We think it was three days with only the hoglets able to get out,
but Mum was too large and required a hammer and chisel to break her free. Gave her some water, she drank for about 10 mins, with one rambustuous youngster nudging her for milk all the time until she got pushed into the water. Later she had some cat biscuits, she must have been desperate as she was more interested in water and food than fearful of us.
Have been keeping an eye out for them. Wafting off flies and offering crushed cat biscuits to the hoglets. However they don't seem to be able to manage even this.
There appear to be four hoglets , although only seen them all together on Monday.
Tuesday there were two very sad looking ones out in the afternoon. Neither could manage even crushed cat biscuits, but they eventually snuggled up together in a pile of hay.
Didn't see any hoglets Wednesday, it was cool.and rainy, better hunting weather for hedgehogs but saw mum? about midnight, looking sprightly and moving fast to avoid being caught in the torch beam.
Today one hoglet appeared in the late afternoon. He got a bonus as i had unearthed a sample pack of wet cat food. He loved it. Had a sleep under the hay after and was then assisted back into the nest.
MrSlim is expected to build them a house, we are hoping that offering alternative accommodation will persuade them to relocate.
20210913_173045.jpg
20210913_173317.jpg
20210913_174045.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
"Rescued" is perhaps not the right word - since it was MrSlim who partly blocked up their access hole. We think it was three days with only the hoglets able to get out,
but Mum was too large and required a hammer and chisel to break her free. Gave her some water, she drank for about 10 mins, with one rambustuous youngster nudging her for milk all the time until she got pushed into the water. Later she had some cat biscuits, she must have been desperate as she was more interested in water and food than fearful of us.
Have been keeping an eye out for them. Wafting off flies and offering crushed cat biscuits to the hoglets. However they don't seem to be able to manage even this.
There appear to be four hoglets , although only seen them all together on Monday.
Tuesday there were two very sad looking ones out in the afternoon. Neither could manage even crushed cat biscuits, but they eventually snuggled up together in a pile of hay.
Didn't see any hoglets Wednesday, it was cool.and rainy, better hunting weather for hedgehogs but saw mum? about midnight, looking sprightly and moving fast to avoid being caught in the torch beam.
Today one hoglet appeared in the late afternoon. He got a bonus as i had unearthed a sample pack of wet cat food. He loved it. Had a sleep under the hay after and was then assisted back into the nest.
MrSlim is expected to build them a house, we are hoping that offering alternative accommodation will persuade them to relocate.View attachment 51192View attachment 51193View attachment 51194
Smashing , will said new house be located by the old hole in the wall gang hangout?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
MrSlim is expected to build them a house, we are hoping that offering alternative accommodation will persuade them to relocate.View attachment 51192View attachment 51193View attachment 51194
I am so glad you managed to sort them out @SlimLizzy
Great photos of them.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another hint of a fine day here in the dark and dangerous north - what have we done to deserve all this late hint of summer.
The wonder wheel of chicken salad came in at 4.6 this am

Little Miss Pamplemouse hit the ripe old age of 7 yesterday and as she has recently mastered the art of riding without the aid of stabilisers, her mum an dad furnished her with a shiny new “grown up” bike, complete with a handy throttle twist gear changer. She will be here this evening for the weekend with the ninky nonks. I asked her on a zoom call last night if she had had a good day. She replied, “yes, because I like school.” No back pain this morning - well, a twinge, but it was like that yesterday and by about 10 I had taken to the drug cabinet. Fingers crossed and all that as we are out to lunch today, catching up with a couple of friends that we have not seen for over 18 months.

Art bit. Experimenting with ink painting where standard brush strokes are not used very much. Trick is to paint the paper with water with a bit of detergent in it, let completely dry and then loosely add inks and translucent Chinese paints that are watered down and more detergent added (just a bit). Anyhow, here is my first go. Have a fabulous Friday, koffy is in the pot.

upload_2021-9-17_7-26-44.jpeg