What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Who switched on proper Autumn overnight? Turn it off rapido if you don't mind. Janice (Nicholls) was famous for her I'ill give it foive as did Swipey this very day - bah humbug. Wonderful image of David Jacobs on screen though - magic?. Superb piece of fartnarkling @gennepher. Good news about test and trace and such prompt action by yourself - naturally - @Krystyna23040. @dunelm koffy gizmo: one of life's little luxuries - do you have a bath in your plane? That guardian article must have cheered you. I can't find any love for eggs since Mr Fox ate our hens and steak is a lottery, usually a disappointment. Salmon is a joy I have discovered by going Elsie, always favoured meat but Elsie has cured that. Yes, I know a Spurs fan should be fully conversant with heartache. Nuno needs the old Spanish Archer pronto. Next panic will be medicines, pharmacists are making waves. St Vincent De Paul is remembered today, he would be very handy this coming winter. Stay safe and well stocked dudes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-27 08.27.54.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-27 08.27.54.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 64

lindisfel

Expert
OK. I'll make one here. The Nespresso travel cups are amazing for keeping drinks hot. 90 mins from here. Any idea where the nearest Starbucks is? In an emergency I can live with Costa and cream from a shop.
I hope the technology of the travel cup can be translated to my cottage so any heat gain is kept inside!
D.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.5am FBG 5.8
Was woken by creaking doors and lights coming on, very ghostly! if you believe in that sort of thing.
The majority of the Swallows left on Saturday, just a few stragglers passing through now. Today has been horrible weather so far, cold wind and pouring rain. One bucket in the loft is doing it's job, but so far to my great relief no indoor waterfall. It's going to be about two months before they come to do the roof.
Errant got absolutly soaked during his quest for molehills to eat. No further signs of mice in the kitchen cupboard, Errant deciding to sleep in there may have something to do with that.
@ianpspurs hope Julie recovers quickly.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.5am FBG 5.8
Was woken by creaking doors and lights coming on, very ghostly! if you believe in that sort of thing.
The majority of the Swallows left on Saturday, just a few stragglers passing through now. Today has been horrible weather so far, cold wind and pouring rain. One bucket in the loft is doing it's job, but so far to my great relief no indoor waterfall. It's going to be about two months before they come to do the roof.
Errant got absolutly soaked during his quest for molehills to eat.
Your fortitude and KBO attitude are exemplary. A shining example. Take care.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 5.8 this morning, I shall say no more……

Today is an historic occasion for me and me’s, I am typing this on my new to me cast off IPad tabletty thing, as a confirmed android user and my android tablet was showing signs of yet another return to factory settings, wow what a culture change. As long as this cast off thing keeps working, me and me’s will be happy.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, time to do as instructed by Mrs J. Stay safe, stay apart and stay away from petrol station queues.
Now let’s see if this post works.

lindisfel

Expert
Who switched on proper Autumn overnight? Turn it off rapido if you don't mind. Janice (Nicholls) was famous for her I'ill give it foive as did Swipey this very day - bah humbug. Wonderful image of David Jacobs on screen though - magic?. Superb piece of fartnarkling @gennepher. Good news about test and trace and such prompt action by yourself - naturally - @Krystyna23040. @dunelm koffy gizmo: one of life's little luxuries - do you have a bath in your plane? That guardian article must have cheered you. I can't find any love for eggs since Mr Fox ate our hens and steak is a lottery, usually a disappointment. Salmon is a joy I have discovered by going Elsie, always favoured meat but Elsie has cured that. Yes, I know a Spurs fan should be fully conversant with heartache. Nuno needs the old Spanish Archer pronto. Next panic will be medicines, pharmacists are making waves. St Vincent De Paul is remembered today, he would be very handy this coming winter. Stay safe and well stocked dudes.
We had a 1000 shares in N.R and sticking with the N.R. left them worthless when they peaked over £10 each at one time.;)
Hard come easy go. Moth and rust consume.
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a dark and windy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made burgers and a whopping salad came in at 5.9 this am

Travelled back from the wedding weekend yesterday. Laundry to do and then just pottering about. All the James Grieves now made into apple puree and into the freezer. The Russets are now beginning to fall so they will be picked and pureed this week. Follow up appointment with GP at 11.
Koffy - always a bit hit and miss when staying in hotels and B&B’s so I take my own. I bought a French press koffy flask a couple of years ago - handy in the car also - I got this one: https://kellysthoughtsonthings.com/daily-cuppa-just-got-better/, but there are many available.

Art bit - impressions of flowers, have a marvellous monday. I have just heard that MSM are now turning their attention to turkey shortages so after you queue for an hour for fuel, get yourselves into farm foods and stock up on twizzlers - far easier to chuck in the bin than several frozen turkeys when this seasons panicking calms down. Time for a koffy.

View attachment 51321
I like this impression of flowers @dunelm
The French press flask looks good...

lindisfel

Expert
Thank you for posting this very informative and well researched article. It definitely does not green light fat bombs.

I opened the link in the article to a paper on salt. I copied this quote from the paper. 'We contend that current evidence indicates that most people around the world consume a moderate range of dietary sodium (3 to 5 g/day), that this level of intake is associated with the lowest risk of cardiovascular disease and mortality, and that the risk of adverse health outcomes increases when sodium intakes exceeds 5 g/day or is below 3 g/day. '
3g to 5g of sodium is actually 7.5g to 12.5g of salt. Quite a lot higher than the Government's low salt guidelines.
Who funds the experts? The government's guide lines are well researched.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Thank you for posting this very informative and well researched article. It definitely does not green light fat bombs.

I opened the link in the article to a paper on salt. I copied this quote from the paper. 'We contend that current evidence indicates that most people around the world consume a moderate range of dietary sodium (3 to 5 g/day), that this level of intake is associated with the lowest risk of cardiovascular disease and mortality, and that the risk of adverse health outcomes increases when sodium intakes exceeds 5 g/day or is below 3 g/day. '
3g to 5g of sodium is actually 7.5g to 12.5g of salt. Quite a lot higher than the Government's low salt guidelines.
Needs qualification not recommended for those on ARBs and Ace inhibitors, Young children and those having low Potassium.

Unless you like driving with your foot on the brake and accelerator at the same time.
There is no one size fits all.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi guys,
Hope to get out to see the late afternoon tide today at this time of year there is always a chance of what birders call...a good bird!

I was thinking and wondering how @jjraak is this am I have missed him and his well considered posts.

Wherever you are @jjraak I wish and pray you are well.
Derek

Reactions: alf_Josiah

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone from a breezy and clear blue sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of some black & white puddings brought back from Hanley’s of Mitchelstown in Cork rocked in at 5.4 this am begorrah!
Quick drive to the GP surgery yesterday and given another load of tramadol capsules although I did later find a stash of naproxen later in the day. Ah well, it’s nice to have something up your sleeve for a rainy day. Eldest granddaughter is 17 today so will be applying for a driving licence I suspect and all that goes with it. Still, this is what happens when you have children, all of a sudden shiny wrapping paper and cardboard boxes are not good enough and other things catch their eye. We are meeting her for breakfast this morning before she scoots off to college.

Art bit, still playing with the soapy water. Hope that everyone is as well as they can be. I shall drink some koffy.

upload_2021-9-28_7-38-49.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Needs qualification not recommended for those on ARBs and Ace inhibitors, Young children and those having low Potassium.

Unless you like driving with your foot on the brake and accelerator at the same time.
There is no one size fits all.
D.
Yes, completely agree that there is 'no one size fits all '.