What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Cat Popeye has died in my arms at home. I am upset, but he had a long healthy life. It was just since Covid began when there were difficulties accessing a vet for a feral cat attack that he began to go downhill, although he made many comebacks.

Here is a celebration of his life.

View attachment 51723
I am so sorry to hear this @gennepher Popeye was such a lucky cat to have had you in his life and that's probably why he lived so long with all the love and excellent care you gave to him - take care and look after yourself - sending you a virtual hug xx

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

I was expecting parcels yesterday (no delivery time), a bit difficult when you have no incoming sound. I do have a flashing doorbell, but everyone knocks which I cannot hear (despite note on door to ring doorbell). But I just happened to walk in the kitchen (to make a cuppa) as delivery man was knocking on the window. He was a chatty fellow, talking at the rate of knots, so that was me lost what he was talking about (no chance of lipreading an unexpected conversation), so I go back to the grinning, smiling, nodding deaf idiot I am. He finally gives me the parcels.

Thanks for all your words on Popeye yesterday. I appreciate them. Today's creative is another collage of Popeye. He was a very special cat with a heart shaped black nose.

I am looking through all the artwork I did of him over the years (you have seen me as I did some earlier this year), and I guess that will be my creative for tomorrow. It gives me time to get my creative mojo back. Which I am hoping will start Monday/Tuesday.

Now back to a day of blessed silence from AH neighbour, I just hope he doesn't drop too many heavy things on his concrete. Without sound, I am getting very sensitive to all vibrations (however slight) and other external clues again. I am going back to the awareness clues I have had the last 60 years, pre cochlear implant. And I can still be aware of him, but at least it is not the continuous screeching, drilling, grinding machinery of this last week that the cochlear sound processor picked up. I cannot pick that up without sound. A part of me thinks sound is vastly over rated, I managed without it for 60 years.

I had a thought yesterday, is it possible my brain has had enough of sound and has shut down that part of my brain/neural pathways?

9B406D17-D06A-49A5-AFE7-C83A9ED22267.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

I was expecting parcels yesterday (no delivery time), a bit difficult when you have no incoming sound. I do have a flashing doorbell, but everyone knocks which I cannot hear (despite note on door to ring doorbell). But I just happened to walk in the kitchen (to make a cuppa) as delivery man was knocking on the window. He was a chatty fellow, talking at the rate of knots, so that was me lost what he was talking about (no chance of lipreading an unexpected conversation), so I go back to the grinning, smiling, nodding deaf idiot I am. He finally gives me the parcels.

Thanks for all your words on Popeye yesterday. I appreciate them. Today's creative is another collage of Popeye. He was a very special cat with a heart shaped black nose.

I am looking through all the artwork I did of him over the years (you have seen me as I did some earlier this year), and I guess that will be my creative for tomorrow. It gives me time to get my creative mojo back. Which I am hoping will start Monday/Tuesday.

Now back to a day of blessed silence from AH neighbour, I just hope he doesn't drop too many heavy things on his concrete. Without sound, I am getting very sensitive to all vibrations (however slight) and other external clues again. I am going back to the awareness clues I have had the last 60 years, pre cochlear implant. And I can still be aware of him, but at least it is not the continuous screeching, drilling, grinding machinery of this last week that the cochlear sound processor picked up. I cannot pick that up without sound. A part of me thinks sound is vastly over rated, I managed without it for 60 years.

I had a thought yesterday, is it possible my brain has had enough of sound and has shut down that part of my brain/neural pathways?

View attachment 51741
@gennepher Popeye was such a special cst. Lovely photos of him.
I am glad you are getting your creative mojo back.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
L
Fbg 6.4

View attachment 51741
Super Cat - I hope that your day is peaceful and quiet.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, a new day, a new week, a different set of challenges, opportunities, adventures and chances to be better versions of ourselves. For some that will be without a familiar and deeply loved companion and for others a walk around a favourite haunt then a coffee and, ideally, a sausage roll for a loved one. Y'all enjoy or simply fight your way through today. I'm ignorant of my fbg or any bg. My day will be a patchwork quilt of potential highs whilst watching football, amazement at the athleticism, bravery, dazzling rewards for potential life limiting risks of NFL players and intense rivalry and massive audience for T20 cricket - India V Pakistan. Running through the whole day will be sheer incomprehension of how I (not you, me) can follow an LC lifestyle which is satiating, nourishing and pleasurable but also manages bg well. Do drop me a line if y'all have a scooby - always remembering this is utterly N=1. I actually think it is preposterous to expect all those outcomes and that is the root cause of my issues with Elsie. Meanwhile 'tis Assam time. I have a plan

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from dismal and chilly start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of staying out late came in 4.5 this am

Regimental reunion last night. Mrs Miggins (organiser of said event) thinks that 180 actually turned up. Very informal affair and smashing to see friends and colleagues - some that we have not seen in over 20 years. Managed to get home before the 2am curfew gong sounded.

Art bit - a branch - Have a great day, I need koffy

upload_2021-10-24_9-20-41.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No FBG
Errant choked on his dinner last night and barely ate anything this morning.
Doing eardrops and forcing pills down him feels like cruelty.
His ears are hot so I suspect he is running a temperature again despite the antibiotics.
He wants to be left alone in his bed.
I can't concentrate on altering curtains.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No FBG
Errant choked on his dinner last night and barely ate anything this morning.
Doing eardrops and forcing pills down him feels like cruelty.
His ears are hot so I suspect he is running a temperature again despite the antibiotics.
I can't concentrate on altering curtains.
Hugs for you and Errant @SlimLizzy

When Popeye had a job eating solids I gave him cat yoghurt, and a cat soup (which is your normal meat sachets but loads gravy in it). It was regular priced cat food. Nothing fancy. I don't know what you have in France, but there must be something similar, but not every shop sold them. The cat yoghurt helped to get Popeye's daily pill down. I think his mouth was drier being an older cat.

I bought that kind of food for the last year and a half for him.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from dismal and chilly start here in the dark and dangerous north

Regimentals reunion last night. Mrs Miggins (organiser of said event) thinks that 180 actually turned up. Very informal affair and smashing to see friends and colleagues - some that we have not seen in over 20 years. Managed to get home before the 2am curfew gong sounded.

View attachment 51742
Glad you had a good reunion @dunelm

I like the art bit and that touch of yellow...

Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Regimental reunion last night. Mrs Miggins (organiser of said event) thinks that 180 actually turned up. Very informal affair and smashing to see friends and colleagues - some that we have not seen in over 20 years. Managed to get home before the 2am curfew gong sounded.

View attachment 51742
Fine looking branch sir. Is that a deep comment on something in the family tree being slightly prickly or maybe I just shouldn't seek meaning in art. Staying out late and reuniting with friends and colleagues seems to be good for you. Maybe that 60's band The Intangibles play a huge part in bg control? But we knew that already, didn't we boys and girls.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Cat Popeye has died in my arms at home. I am upset, but he had a long healthy life. It was just since Covid began when there were difficulties accessing a vet for a feral cat attack that he began to go downhill, although he made many comebacks.

Here is a celebration of his life.

View attachment 51723
I feel for your loss he has had a good life with you and has clearly been loved .

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen from a sunny Tilehurst Towers.

A 7.7 on the meter this morning, I shall not be blaming the meter today.

I had my third jab yesterday afternoon and was told I will also be getting the booster jab in a few months. So four jabs. This is because I am immuno suppressed, it is also rather worrying as it means I shall never be able to go back life before covid. Drat, double drat, but at least I am alive and can live to cause mayhem, chaos and confusion, simple pleasures in life.
Stay safe all.