What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

A snowy frosty night.
I went to my gate at 3am this morning with a cuppa tea, and looked up and down my road. The gritter had been and gone on the main road.
All Blackpool illuminations were off.
So peaceful and quiet.
But I was struck how cold the street lights looked.
Last night when I looked out from my gate the street lamps gave out a yellow warm glow. Not so this morning. I wouldn't have been surprised if a vampire had tapped me on the shoulder....

Creative today...
I came straight in. Made a coffee. Got under my warm electric blanket. But I didn't have the broad calligraphy pen I wanted. No way I was getting back out of bed. The Pentel pen was not going to do what I wanted. That is virtually waterfast the moment it touches paper. But I had a Japanese fude pen, which is not bristles like the Pentel pen, but has a nice flexible tip for calligraphy. I tested it, and it did bleed a little when sprayed with water. So, a quick impromptu sketch with 3 things in mind - the crescent moon, street lamps, and black inky night. But by the time I had finished the sketch (15 mins), it had dried a bit much for the water spray to have as much effect as I wanted. But the ink moved a bit. Next time half this A5 sketch, or a thumbnail sketch. And I used candle wax after scribbling it, and before spraying with water.

This reminds me of the graphic novel/short stories, It's Dark in London a bit. I have the original 1996 version somewhere. Last time I saw it, it was at the bottom of a drawer...somewhere...I need to find it...

70E319C4-EC6F-419E-840F-D669C1823F71.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a patchy white under a grey sky start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of cauliflower cheese with swede mash came home to roost at 5.4 this am

Another visitor today, another quote for work to be done - and on it goes, all being stacked up for stuff to be done in the new year. So, don’t unpack too much. But then just how short can my make the list of ‘essentials’? As the season of good cheer draws near, we will have ninky nonks in the attic with Little Miss Pamplemouse. That part of the house, at least, will be in ship shape. New driving licences arrived yesterday - careful check to ensure that the back still lists all that was on the previous licence. I have heard of bits being made redundant and then folk trying to prove that they do indeed have a motorcycle licence and more importantly for me, my tracked vehicle licence and my heavy goods. Even though I have not driven an armoured vehicle for a long time, you never know what may tickle your fancy on flea bay.

Art bit - a small portion of tree (don’t be too greedy as it effects fbs) and a bit of protein in the shape of a bird. Hope your Monday is a warm and cozy one. I really do need some koffy now as my tea has evaporated in all this tropical heat.

upload_2021-11-29_7-37-50.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

A snowy frosty night.
I went to my gate at 3am this morning with a cuppa tea, and looked up and down my road. The gritter had been and gone on the main road.
All Blackpool illuminations were off.
So peaceful and quiet.
But I was struck how cold the street lights looked.
Last night when I looked out from my gate the street lamps gave out a yellow warm glow. Not so this morning. I wouldn't have been surprised if a vampire had tapped me on the shoulder....

Creative today...
I came straight in. Made a coffee. Got under my warm electric blanket. But I didn't have the broad calligraphy pen I wanted. No way I was getting back out of bed. The Pentel pen was not going to do what I wanted. That is virtually waterfast the moment it touches paper. But I had a Japanese fude pen, which is not bristles like the Pentel pen, but has a nice flexible tip for calligraphy. I tested it, and it did bleed a little when sprayed with water. So, a quick impromptu sketch with 3 things in mind - the crescent moon, street lamps, and black inky night. But by the time I had finished the sketch (15 mins), it had dried a bit much for the water spray to have as much effect as I wanted. But the ink moved a bit. Next time half this A5 sketch, or a thumbnail sketch. And I used candle wax after scribbling it, and before spraying with water.

This reminds me of the graphic novel/short stories, It's Dark in London a bit. I have the original 1996 version somewhere. Last time I saw it, it was at the bottom of a drawer...somewhere...I need to find it...

View attachment 52246
Sounds very cold and your sketch does have that dark graphic novel feel about it with the cold darkness only being held back by the moon and those street lamps. “Have you got a light, Mack?” - “No, but I have a dark brown overcoat!”

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds very cold and your sketch does have that dark graphic novel feel about it with the cold darkness only being held back by the moon and those street lamps. “Have you got a light, Mack?” - “No, but I have a dark brown overcoat!”
Thank you @dunelm
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a patchy white under a grey sky start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of cauliflower cheese with swede mash came home to roost at 5.4 this am

Another visitor today, another quote for work to be done - and on it goes, all being stacked up for stuff to be done in the new year. So, don’t unpack too much. But then just how short can my make the list of ‘essentials’? As the season of good cheer draws near, we will have ninky nonks in the attic with Little Miss Pamplemouse. That part of the house, at least, will be in ship shape. New driving licences arrived yesterday - careful check to ensure that the back still lists all that was on the previous licence. I have heard of bits being made redundant and then folk trying to prove that they do indeed have a motorcycle licence and more importantly for me, my tracked vehicle licence and my heavy goods. Even though I have not driven an armoured vehicle for a long time, you never know what may tickle your fancy on flea bay.

Art bit - a small portion of tree (don’t be too greedy as it effects fbs) and a bit of protein in the shape of a bird. Hope your Monday is a warm and cozy one. I really do need some koffy now as my tea has evaporated in all this tropical heat.

View attachment 52247
Yes, I had that @dunelm with my driving licence. Some stuff got taken off. I had a pretty extensive list of vehicles I was able to drive. But I would not want to drive those heavier vehicles again...I wouldn't be able to climb into the cab!

I still have my motorcycle licences, car, and small truck and minibuses. And some more. So I let the heavy vehicles slide...

Aww...Mr Magpie...plenty of protein in him...
Like the tree branch!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Me and me’s are not going to pull punches, beat about the bushes and other such things.
Disaster darlings absolute disaster.
We got within 1/2 mile of the hospital and received a phone call from the hospital saying the doctor was ill and the endoscopy is cancelled until next week, that means another covid test and 3 more days of isolation.
Now me and me’s know the doctor and he must be ill to cancel and me and me’s wish him a speedy recovery, but still a right pain in the …
The positive is me and me’s are now drinking koffy instead of swallowing a camera.
Be well, bee safe and bea apart.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Me and me’s are not going to pull punches, beat about the bushes and other such things.
Disaster darlings absolute disaster.
We got within 1/2 mile of the hospital and received a phone call from the hospital saying the doctor was ill and the endoscopy is cancelled until next week, that means another covid test and 3 more days of isolation.
Now me and me’s know the doctor and he must be ill to cancel and me and me’s wish him a speedy recovery, but still a right pain in the …
The positive is me and me’s are now drinking koffy instead of swallowing a camera.
Be well, bee safe and bea apart.
Hugs for the unavoidable wasted journey, delay and messing about again @alf_Josiah
Enjoy your lovely coffee...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cyber Monday folks, buy low sell high vibe. New Swipey seems to have a new variant of something or other and I'm concerned but not moving to plan B. Yesterday was an OMAD of Sunday roast Elsie style (chicken) with - forgive me @dunelm - Rioja. In mitigation I discovered - as you do - half a dozen bottles of this. JKP and Virgin wine bank in cahoots are a pain in the bimbo. Today I have been cogitating on the 3 little piggies. Cautionary tale of taking back control without a well thought out plan, boosterism and, perhaps, granting those with an uncanny physical and moral resemblance to a porcine (be honest, he does look and sound uncannily like Daddy Pig) responsibility. Who knew the tale was so deep? Cosmic man.:angelic: Animal farm had been preceded Georgie boy. Hope everything goes well @alf_Josiah. Song for y'all:angelic:

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

8.35am FBG 6.0 bit disappointing as all i ate yesterday was some Greek yoghurt. Maybe it was too late in the evening.

Still far better than previous day

FBG 7.4

assuming this is a result of ill health. Feeling a lot better today.

And The roofers arrived. So it's a good thing I am up and about again.

Frosty morning, very chilly in the bathroom.
Pic of bathroom window.
20211129_102710.jpg

Reactions: Jojo85

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

8.35am FBG 6.0 bit disappointing as all i ate yesterday was some Greek yoghurt. Maybe it was too late in the evening.

Still far better than previous day

FBG 7.4

assuming this is a result of ill health. Feeling a lot better today.

And The roofers arrived. So it's a good thing I am up and about again.

Frosty morning, very chilly in the bathroom.
Pic of bathroom window.View attachment 52256
Winner for the roofer arriving. Hope it is slates/tiles - tin at a push- not straw or sticks:angelic: Take care - that looks chilly willy minus the red hot peppers.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to lighten your day and save y'all time, money and carbs:angelic: The Itsu Gyosa can be had frozen from a supermarket I may or may not favour. 24% carbs for anyone that is tempted. £3 for 12 which is 2-3 servings. Do I dare??

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Had to leave really early this morning as they were playing bumper cars on the A47. Huge delays - luckily no-one was hurt but the two cars looked like write offs. I

Reactions: Cumberland

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
RANT
Sometimes MrSlims linear approach to the building does my head in.
You all saw the family bathroom window this morning. Its cold in there. Because of that it's only used for tooth cleaning. So even though he has ignored my requests to put up the bathroom cabinet in the ensuite, ( I'm not working on bathrooms) now it might be safe to relocate toothbrushes etc into there, now that fly season is over.
The electrician came, we have more power. Except the underfloor heating in the kitchen, shows an error code and wont work. Will he investigate? Like heck, ( I'm not working on the kitchen) he is concentrating on the salon still, i suppose it makes sense, but surely we could wait for pelmets? And we need the heating ASAP:grumpy:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
RANT
You all saw the family bathroom window this morning. Its cold in there. Because of that it's only used for tooth cleaning. So even though he has ignored my requests to put up the bathroom cabinet in the ensuite, ( I'm not working on bathrooms) now it might be safe to relocate toothbrushes etc into there, now that fly season is over.
The electrician came, we have more power. Except the underfloor heating in the kitchen, shows an error code and wont work. Will he investigate? Like heck, ( I'm not working on the kitchen) he is concentrating on the salon still, i suppose it makes sense, but surely we could wait for pelmets? And we need the heating ASAP:grumpy:
No rant just sharing concerns which undoubtedly impact on your bg. We are surely like a kind of family - 3rd cousins, twice removed (partially (or more) expired in some cases such as mine):angelic:

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
RANT
I would be ranting also.

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to lighten your day and save y'all time, money and carbs:angelic: The Itsu Gyosa can be had frozen from a supermarket I may or may not favour. 24% carbs for anyone that is tempted. £3 for 12 which is 2-3 servings. Do I dare??
Oh now how do I unread all that - thank you so much (eyes and tongue washed out with Surfers Against Sewage mouthwash and board cleaner).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
RANT
Oh no! Pelmets - surely on page 154 of the jobs list - time to get out the big jumpers, coats and thick socks

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh now how do I unread all that - thank you so much (eyes and tongue washed out with Surfers Against Sewage mouthwash and board cleaner).
All in a day's work squire. Oh, am I forgiven for the Rioja with chicken? - I'll try it with beef stew tonight.

Last edited: