What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all on Advent Sunday 2021. I have a plan, of course I do, I'm me - written down, and broken into Advent and Winter 2021. Unknown fbg but the stew yesterday, no carrots for me but with added mushrooms and on a bed of swede puree and baby spinach, tickled Tee 2's fancy at 5.5 +2hrs. Taste was wonderful, as I expected, outcome ok. My aspiration (yes, it is in "The Plan") is to whittle that number down into the 4s. I think it comes down to portion size. A serving - 1/4 of the recipe- did nothing much to satiate, even with 82 gms cheddar after, but eat-2-yer-meter crew were delirious. Post-stab I did gobble some sadly neglected cashews which had been hiding near the Tee 2 kit - my, but they were spiffing. Wonderful to see you @Cumberland - 2 Ian's in one thread. Thank you for the detailed account of life in the garden of Gennworld @gennepher and for the creative. Much appreciated. @dunelm thank you for the tree and just enough detail on your time with GIB to pin you down as a doting grandfather who protests he ain't. We are in charge of a 2.5 yo whilst Ma and Pa go Christmas present hunting/scoping out at a Suffolk toy Emporium pre-buying online. JKP likes her as does 91.9 yo MIL Me? This one may be the cutest of the 7 but that cuts no ice with me, no Siree (don't ask JKP for verification:angelic:) The Plan? Key relevant point for here: Pick and choose off piste treats carefully - my BG levels can be rescued; don’t spoil the moment - especially for my grandchildren. Now I need more Assam and Alexa to blast out Hills of the North rejoice - you can take the boy out of a C of E primary school but ..... The stays? Look what ya made Peppa Pig PR man do, breaks his heart - a focus group said to imply it did, anyhow. Avoid all other Christmas scams:angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a still blustery and yet calmer start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north with the added attraction of a light coating of something white. Unlike the pub at Tan Hill which is completely cut off. Unless you have an over snow vehicle with tracks - I believe that they have two up there. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-engla...F_9PlZceszNoLhxknLlHZgUhK7M5OZsf6zFD98tHp8U-k
The wonder wheel of a vegetable and tomato stew came in at 5.4 this am.

Late breakfast with daughter and family in town. One road blocked off due to a large lump of roof and a chimney stack hiding what looked like a car beneath. Bits of slate on the roads - be careful where you park. Some trees uprooted - must plant some more. A very angry sea and luckily no fools getting close as they sometimes do. Fences down - usually the weakness of support poles holding up flimsy panels waiting for the opportunity to fly, like several trampolines and the odd piece of garden furniture. Please sir, can we have our trampoline back? Girl in the bubble stayed over last night - what fun. We had a tea party. Far too much tea drank but do wait for the milk to arrive grandad!

Art bit - another tree - we are doing trees! Hope your day is kind to you and not too much clearing up after the storm. I really must go and get some koffy.

View attachment 52237
An amazing tree @dunelm
Brilliant viewpoint looking upwards...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Unknown fbg but the stew yesterday, no carrots for me but with added mushrooms and on a bed of swede puree and baby spinach tickled Tee 2's fancy at 5.5 +2hrs. Taste was wonderful, as I expected, outcome ok. My aspiration (yes, it is in "The Plan") is to whittle that number down into the 4s. I think it comes down to portion size. A serving - 1/4 of the recipe- did nothing much to satiate, even with 82 gms cheddar after, but eat-2-yer-meter crew were delirious. Post-stab I did gobble some sadly neglected cashews which had been hiding near the Tee 2 kit - my, but they were spiffing.
Really good that the stew was wonderful and the cashews afterwards. I think cashews are my favourite nuts and have added them back into my diet which is now a sort of hybrid between the low carb diet and the PE diet. So a bit less high fat than LC and a bit less high protein than the PE diet.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. We are staying local today as it the weather is not that nice. It actually started snowing earlier but not enough to settle.
Mr K is helping me with the admin later -:after we have walked the dogs and popped into our little market town pick up a couple of things.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think cashews are my favourite nuts and have added them back into my diet which is now a sort of hybrid between the low carb diet and the PE diet. So a bit less high fat than LC and a bit less high protein than the PE diet.
JKP imbibed Mojitos and assorted cocktails by the pool in Pafos. The poolside bar brung cashews and crisps with the alkeroll. Rude of me not to sample them after all that effort:angelic: I'm "so on the same page" (I worry about my influences) with that hybrid diet and since you are our outstanding success story I feel heartened. Maybe a day to order in the sausage rolls and fire up the Nespresso?

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ginger was waiting hidden in the bushes. He knows my birds are off limits to him (they all do, but I am still training Calico who hates the dog bark/screech/and other noise I play the moment she even looks at a bird)
How lovely for the Ginger and Calico that you are looking after them and trsining Calico to leave the birds alone.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and a special hello to @Cumberland, nice to see you back.
Blood sugars this morning 8.3 then 30 seconds later on a different finger 6.9, the latter being near expectations, today as a warning to my meter me and me’s will be leaving my carpenters hammer next to my meter.
Here in Tilehurst Towers today is another day of isolation and full supervision while preparing for the medics to stuff a camera down my throat tomorrow, nothing new, had it done a few times before, but a better option than them stuffing the camera up my bottom and then trying to look at the back of my teeth from the long way round as I call it, they did that a couple of years ago.
Dentists and doctors two professions not to my taste, pun intended.
Mrs J and me and me’s watched Bumbling Boris the Beast and Prof Chris Whitty doing the government new variant briefing yesterday. My thoughts were there is nothing new, this is as explained last year, therefore this briefing is a media spoiler, just to stop the extreme’s of the media and also perhaps we should be helping some of the less technologically advanced nations more to suppress the spread of and mutation of this virus as pointed out by the world health organisation.
Wow that’s a bit heavy for me, perhaps me and me’s should drink more koffy.
Be well, bee safe and bea apart.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and a special hello to @Cumberland, nice to see you back.
Blood sugars this morning 8.3 then 30 seconds later on a different finger 6.9, the latter being near expectations, today as a warning to my meter me and me’s will be leaving my carpenters hammer next to my meter.
Here in Tilehurst Towers today is another day of isolation and full supervision while preparing for the medics to stuff a camera down my throat tomorrow, nothing new, had it done a few times before, but a better option than them stuffing the camera up my bottom and then trying to look at the back of my teeth from the long way round as I call it, they did that a couple of years ago.
Mrs J and me and me’s watched Bumbling Boris the Beast and Prof Chris Whitty doing the government new variant briefing yesterday. My thoughts were there is nothing new, this is as explained last year, therefore this briefing is a media spoiler, just to stop the extreme’s of the media and also perhaps we should be helping some of the less technologically advanced nations more to suppress the spread of and mutation of this virus as pointed out by the world health organisation.
I hope and pray the camera work goes well. I don't envy you the Throatcam which must be far worse than the PrivateMembercam. At least the PM (done well) has copious amounts of anaesthetic gel applied. All bets are off those times they stint with the gel:arghh::arghh::arghh:. I may not agree with a word you say about the briefing or that AH but it is good to read other views and still stay calm. Advent is working already:angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs for the trauma of the endoscopy down your throat @alf_Josiah
I hate them.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
4.4 first thing

And snow first thing too

IMG_1638122711.467278.jpg

Jojo85

Good morning!

5.7 at 6.30am, I had guests over last night so eating extra and later than I normally would. Snacked on cheese, salami, celery and dips for pre dinner nibblies, then had our dinner of bbq chicken , salad, pickles and tabouli, and then had dessert (keto friendly of course). Finished eating around 9pm which is pretty late for me lol

Sometimes you just want to have those days where you forget about blood sugars lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful day :)

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
JKP imbibed Mojitos and assorted cocktails by the pool in Pafos. The poolside bar brung cashews and crisps with the alkeroll. Rude of me not to sample them after all that effort:angelic: I'm "so on the same page" (I worry about my influences) with that hybrid diet and since you are our outstanding success story I feel heartened. Maybe a day to order in the sausage rolls and fire up the Nespresso?
It was definitely a day to fire up the Nespresso but sadly no sausage rolls for Mr K.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all on Advent Sunday 2021. I have a plan, of course I do, I'm me - written down, and broken into Advent and Winter 2021. Unknown fbg but the stew yesterday, no carrots for me but with added mushrooms and on a bed of swede puree and baby spinach, tickled Tee 2's fancy at 5.5 +2hrs. Taste was wonderful, as I expected, outcome ok. My aspiration (yes, it is in "The Plan") is to whittle that number down into the 4s. I think it comes down to portion size. A serving - 1/4 of the recipe- did nothing much to satiate, even with 82 gms cheddar after, but eat-2-yer-meter crew were delirious. Post-stab I did gobble some sadly neglected cashews which had been hiding near the Tee 2 kit - my, but they were spiffing. Wonderful to see you @Cumberland - 2 Ian's in one thread. Thank you for the detailed account of life in the garden of Gennworld @gennepher and for the creative. Much appreciated. @dunelm thank you for the tree and just enough detail on your time with GIB to pin you down as a doting grandfather who protests he ain't. We are in charge of a 2.5 yo whilst Ma and Pa go Christmas present hunting/scoping out at a Suffolk toy Emporium pre-buying online. JKP likes her as does 91.9 yo MIL Me? This one may be the cutest of the 7 but that cuts no ice with me, no Siree (don't ask JKP for verification:angelic:) The Plan? Key relevant point for here: Pick and choose off piste treats carefully - my BG levels can be rescued; don’t spoil the moment - especially for my grandchildren. Now I need more Assam and Alexa to blast out Hills of the North rejoice - you can take the boy out of a C of E primary school but ..... The stays? Look what ya made Peppa Pig PR man do, breaks his heart - a focus group said to imply it did, anyhow. Avoid all other Christmas scams:angelic:
I must try that stew now that it has been taste tested.

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best for your cameo performance of “Look back in anger” today and hope it all goes well.