What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Yesterday walked almost 21 thousand steps. There are so many roadworks in Norwich that I decided it was easier to walk the 2½ miles from my venue in Norwich to my dentist.

It was supposed to be a check up but I had a problem with a back tooth and the dentist decided to take it out there and then. I was advised to go home and rest - which I did - after walking 2½ miles back, teaching 4 classes and a 1:1 and finally getting home at 9.30pm. I must admit that I was really tired. Great though to get rid of the problem tooth.
Correction: It was almost 22 thousand steps.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning. Yesterday walked almost 21 thousand steps. There are so many roadworks in Norwich that I decided it was easier to walk the 2½ miles from my venue in Norwich to my dentist.

It was supposed to be a check up but I had a problem with a back tooth and the dentist decided to take it out there and then. I was advised to go home and rest - which I did - after walking 2½ miles back, teaching 4 classes and a 1:1 and finally getting home at 9.30pm. I must admit that I was really tired. Great though to get rid of the problem tooth.
Take a bit of me time from somewhere today @Krystyna23040

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Officially UK winter:bigtears::bigtears: My fbg on Swipey was 5.9 which is not remotely ok - end of. The octagonal peg of Elsie simply won't fit into any of the holes marked family life, healthy WOE or this is who IanP is. However, I'm able to seek compromise for the greater good unlike the absurd twerps wagging BB about. @Krystyna23040 of course you are a winner for yesterday - helluva tough lady. Pointless even saying it but maybe slow down. chillax? What's that, talk to the hand? I can envisage Mr K being incandescent with rage at you sometimes - I've got a licence for a "strong willed" one as well. I see no art as yet so thanks in advance @gennepher and @dunelm. @karen8967 how very droll - also a common approach which leads to bewilderment when things don't improve. Charles de Foucald is remembered today. Not D related per se but versus Fung and co - so much more useful: “It is not necessary to teach others, to cure them or to improve them; it is only necessary to live among them, sharing the human condition and being present to them in love.”
Oddly, it is tea time here

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Ah another Morening me and me’s have woken up to, me and me’s must consider myself to be lucky. Wow that’s a bit heavy….
5.7 on that meter today, saying nuffin moor or more on that subject.
Things are afoot or 30.4cm if you prefer, in Tilehurst Towers and it’s past the time other things should be occurring.
Be safe, bee well and bea apart.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Very windy here. Rainy.
Stood at front gate at 4 am to look at the darkness up and down the road.
The rain makes it even darker...

Saw what I wanted to create this morning.
Came back in. Under electric blanket. Cuppa coffee and cuppa tea.
But realised if I used my old fude pen, then there probably would be no ink left in it by the time I finished. And I would like to hang on to it for a little longer to do those birds of yesterday - it has a fine tip and a thicker tip which is lovely and flexible to use. I need to find some more.

So, what to do?
I know. Use the black sketchbook cover, and a white pen. In this case a correction fluid pen. But I have had these a long time, probably about 10 years, and they have been well used. I need some new ones.

However, this is my offering for today. Proportion is wrong, not good composition, the street lamp bulb needs to be smaller and further down the page. But hey! It is a start!

I need to get on with the day, but I so want to snuggle under this electric blanket.

5F237A9B-D744-4D6B-8D52-BADC3D6DBA1D.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes - how did you know that. I did, however, take his advice this morning and stayed at home while he walked the dogs.
For the first part, just intuition:angelic: For the second, does he have a trick for making ladies of a certain disposition susceptible to common sense? Would make a fortune if bottled - still not too late for the Christmas market.:angelic:

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Officially UK winter:bigtears::bigtears: My fbg on Swipey was 5.9 which is not remotely ok - end of. The octagonal peg of Elsie simply won't fit into any of the holes marked family life, healthy WOE or this is who IanP is. However, I'm able to seek compromise for the greater good unlike the absurd twerps wagging BB about. @Krystyna23040 of course you are a winner for yesterday - helluva tough lady. Pointless even saying it but maybe slow down. chillax? What's that, talk to the hand? I can envisage Mr K being incandescent with rage at you sometimes - I've got a licence for "strong willed" one as well. I see no art as yet so thanks in advance @gennepher and @dunelm. @karen8967 how very droll - also a common approach which leads to bewilderment when things don't improve. Charles de Foucald is remembered today. Not D related per se but versus Fung and co - so much more useful: “It is not necessary to teach others, to cure them or to improve them; it is only necessary to live among them, sharing the human condition and being present to them in love.”
Oddly, it is tea time here
Just posted @ianpspurs
Not sure it was worth waiting for, but I'll take the thanks in advance :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

Very windy here. Rainy.
Stood at front gate at 4 am to look at the darkness up and down the road.
The rain makes it even darker...

Saw what I wanted to create this morning.
Came back in. Under electric blanket. Cuppa coffee and cuppa tea.
But realised if I used my old fude pen, then there probably would be no ink left in it by the time I finished. And I would like to hang on to it for a little longer to do those birds of yesterday - it has a fine tip and a thicker tip which is lovely and flexible to use. I need to find some more.

So, what to do?
I know. Use the black sketchbook cover, and a white pen. In this case a correction fluid pen. But I have had these a long time, probably about 10 years, and they have been well used. I need some new ones.

However, this is my offering for today. Proportion is wrong, not good composition, the street lamp bulb needs to be smaller and further down the page. But hey! It is a start!

I need to get on with the day, but I so want to snuggle under this electric blanket.

View attachment 52270
`Great idea, using white on dark. I would think that using a correction fluid pen will be a bit tricky.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just posted @ianpspurs
Not sure it was worth waiting for, but I'll take the thanks in advance :)
@gennepher yes it was worth waiting for - it is your gift to us all, from the heart so very, very special. Get on with the day? Stood at front gate at 4 am to look at the darkness up and down the road : However, this is my offering for today.
Have I missed something since it simply doesn't compute.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a quite late rising here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made burgers with roasted veg came in at 5.1 this am

Another visitor yesterday - this time with a tape measure and a catalogue of kitchen units and appliances. Girl in the bubble was here and ran interference on said visitor by following her round with her little pram and making suggestive comments, all in the best possible taste. Call from my GP with some fabulous news: Multilevel Degenerative Disc Disease and a disc prolapse between L3 and L4 - first bit, doctor speak for you need new discs and tyres. Referred to spinal clinic - deep joy. Today I will be mainly unpacking a box full of Whisky and Whiskey - there may be some sampling later on to ensure it’s continuing favourability and also to ensure that some drinking vessels are not leaking. Mrs Miggins’ car nearly took her back to the old place yesterday - her inbuilt gyro, like the clock on the car needs a reset.

Art bit - with news that some branches of TSB will be closing hereabouts, I felt the need for a replacement branch. Have a marvellous day if you want, I must now make a late koffy.

upload_2021-12-1_8-59-23.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a quite late rising here in the dark and dangerous north

Another visitor yesterday - this time with a tape measure and a catalogue of kitchen units and appliances. Girl in the bubble was here and ran interference on said visitor by following her round with her little pram and making suggestive comments, all in the best possible taste. Call from my GP with some fabulous news: Multilevel Degenerative Disc Disease and a disc prolapse between L3 and L4 - first bit, doctor speak for you need new discs and tyres. Referred to spinal clinic - deep joy. Today I will be mainly unpacking a box full of Whisky and Whiskey - there may be some sampling later on to ensure it’s continuing favourability and also to ensure that some drinking vessels are not leaking. Mrs Miggins’ car nearly took her back to the old place yesterday - her inbuilt gyro, like the clock on the car needs a reset.

Art bit - with news that some branches of TSB will be closing hereabouts, I felt the need for a replacement branch. Have a marvellous day if you want, I must now make a late koffy.

View attachment 52271
Hugs for the back issue and the perilous task of sampling the 2 Ws and ensuring those drinking vessels are safe to use. What a man. Long way to come and not a strictly necessary social interaction or I'd offer to help and I guess Mr K could be coerced. The first regiment East Anglian Samplers - we're irregulars, very hush hush- to the rescue. You see how broad based the coalition on this forum is?. I even talk to koffy drinkers - well some:angelic:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the back issue and the perilous task of sampling the 2 Ws and ensuring those drinking vessels are safe to use. What a man. Long way to come and not a strictly necessary social interaction or I'd offer to help and I guess Mr K could be coerced. The first regiment East Anglian Samplers - we're irregulars, very hush hush- to the rescue. You see how broad based the coalition on this forum is?. I even talk to koffy drinkers - well some:angelic:
Thank you @ianpspurs. Sorry you can’t make it. Tasting notes will not be available due to a cabinet reshuffle.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs. Sorry you can’t make it. Tasting notes will not be available due to a cabinet reshuffle.
I feel your pain at not being able to share the onerous burden. JKP is now forcing me to do something similar after moving several bottles and glasses (no rhyming slang) yesterday. Our boys are trying to tempt have tempted me to acquire some - "good" - rum so that may be added into the mix. They like it and very subtly mentioned you remember mum was drinking rum the fist night you met:banghead: Job for Monday night according to the email.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher yes it was worth waiting for - it is your gift to us all, from the heart so very, very special. Get on with the day? Stood at front gate at 4 am to look at the darkness up and down the road : However, this is my offering for today.
Have I missed something since it simply doesn't compute.
Why doesn't it compute :)
I like being up early. It is the best part of the day (usually) @ianpspurs
I like that bit of early fresh air for a few minutes, sometimes with a cuppa.
It is uplifting.
Then I love coming back to bed with a cuppa tea and a cuppa coffee.
It is comfy and warm in my bed.
And then doing a painting in bed.
I can usually do a few reply emails, and come on here, and then answer my text messages.
All this feels a wonderful luxury to be able to do all this in comfort, and from my warm comfy bed.
I am grateful I can do all this.
It is then about 7/8/9 am so I suppose that is why I say then that it is about time I got on with the day...

Does that explain anything?
Or does it explain nothing?

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 52271
Hugs for the back news and back issues @dunelm

We are going to need a lot of replacement branches the way things are carrying on...

I love your tree branch and delicate detailed pine needles...