What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why doesn't it compute :)
I like being up early. It is the best part of the day (usually) @ianpspurs
I like that bit of early fresh air for a few minutes, sometimes with a cuppa.
It is uplifting.
Then I love coming back to bed with a cuppa tea and a cuppa coffee.
It is comfy and warm in my bed.
And then doing a painting in bed.
I can usually do a few reply emails, and come on here, and then answer my text messages.
All this feels a wonderful luxury to be able to do all this in comfort, and from my warm comfy bed.
I am grateful I can do all this.
It is then about 7/8/9 am so I suppose that is why I say then that it is about time I got on with the day...

Does that explain anything?
Or does it explain nothing?
The part that doesn't compute is the idea that you of all people needed to get on with the day. You had been getting on with the day from 4.00 am and doing a fantastic job. I wish I was as good with words as you are with creatives. Am I forgiven?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The part that doesn't compute is the idea that you of all people needed to get on with the day. You had been getting on with the day from 4.00 am and doing a fantastic job. I wish I was as good with words as you are with creatives. Am I forgiven?
Nothing to forgive @ianpspurs
All is good and well.

I hope you had a good day.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

The nightmare that is second hand car buying in France has been occupying MrSlim almost exclusively this last ten days or so. Never mind the state of the car, the beaurocracy has been nonstop. Because the seller did not send in the details for change of ownership, MrSlim has been harassed almost every day by the insurance company, who eventually told him to do it himself. Except they want more forms, and then another form, until eventually he does not have the next piece of paper. So another route is closed. Meanwhile the insurance company are threatening to end the policy immediately. Talk about raising stress levels. The car has a faulty head gasket? Needs almost continual topping up with water. Not at all a good buy. After initially offering a repair the seller apparently deleted all MrSlims messages and emails and was out of communication for several days. We had decided within a couple of days to sell it, because the left hand drive version has the battery under the drivers seat so it does not go back as far as the passenger seat. Our previous version of the same model was fine, but that was rhand drive. MrSlim is tall with long legs and is not able to get a comfortable driving position. This was before the outrageous scam attempt by a local garage and the discovery of its incessant thirst. We couldn't sell it to anyone without the registration document. With the seller out of sight we started to lose hope of ever getting rid of it.
Then he reappears with an offer to buy back the heap of junk for, obviously, less than we paid. The transfer of ownership is done and the insurance company appeased at last.
MrSlim is taking it back tomorrow.
He will be returning with a different new to us car at considerably more expense

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

The nightmare that is second hand car buying in France has been occupying MrSlim almost exclusively this last ten days or so. Never mind the state of the car, the beaurocracy has been nonstop. Because the seller did not send in the details for change of ownership, MrSlim has been harassed almost every day by the insurance company, who eventually told him to do it himself. Except they want more forms, and then another form, until eventually he does not have the next piece of paper. So another route is closed. Meanwhile the insurance company are threatening to end the policy immediately. Talk about raising stress levels. The car has a faulty head gasket? Needs almost continual topping up with water. Not at all a good buy. After initially offering a repair the seller apparently deleted all MrSlims messages and emails and was out of communication for several days. We had decided within a couple of days to sell it, because the left hand drive version has the battery under the drivers seat so it does not go back as far as the passenger seat. Our previous version of the same model was fine, but that was rhand drive. MrSlim is tall with long legs and is not able to get a comfortable driving position. This was before the outrageous scam attempt by a local garage and the discovery of its incessant thirst. We couldn't sell it to anyone without the registration document. With the seller out of sight we started to lose hope of ever getting rid of it.
Then he reappears with an offer to buy back the heap of junk for, obviously, less than we paid. The transfer of ownership is done and the insurance company appeased at last.
He will be returning with a different new to us car at considerably more expense
Good grief @SlimLizzy
This is one heck of a nightmare.
I feel for you.

Jojo85

Hi all!

5.2 this morning, after eating homemade stuffed zucchini for dinner last night (stuffed with only minced beef, it's a traditional Lebanese dish but it's usually stuffed with rice and mince).

Hope everyone has a fabulous day

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

What a nasty seller. Full documentation to be presented before money changes hands.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from an up and down and up and down and up and down start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of mince without the dumplings came in at 5.4 this am. I usually make dumplings with FibreFlour but we didn’t want too much last night.
Lots of measuring up yesterday - the chosen man came and did a careful survey for new windows and doors which includes a shiny electric one for the garage. The wooden gate making bloke is coming today to measure up for a pair of gates. How can we stand all this fun. Found two boxes of ‘drinks by the dram’, (1 of 10 and 1 of 5) as well as a single dram left over from a now forgotten set - so, my advent calendar will begin next week. Some folk will be doing one of those elf on the shelf things but I think we will be doing an Andy Pandy on the brandy. International bin day today so looking forward to the cavalcade of the recycling bin lorry. Have to be sharp as it seems to pass by at just after 9am according to neighbours. Always reminds me of the US presidential cavalcade with those not so secret service people jogging to keep up with the car. Hot tip: don’t drive through Dallas in and open topped car.

Art bit - some thin trees left over from the storm. Have a great day if you decide to. Best get some koffy on.

upload_2021-12-2_6-42-3.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from an up and down and up and down and up and down start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of mince without the dumplings came in at 5.4 this am. I usually make dumplings with FibreFlour but we didn’t want too much last night.
Lots of measuring up yesterday - the chosen man came and did a careful survey for new windows and doors which includes a shiny electric one for the garage. The wooden gate making bloke is coming today to measure up for a pair of gates. How can we stand all this fun. Found two boxes of ‘drinks by the dram’, (1 of 10 and 1 of 5) as well as a single dram left over from a now forgotten set - so, my advent calendar will begin next week. Some folk will be doing one of those elf on the shelf things but I think we will be doing an Andy Pandy on the brandy. International bin day today so looking forward to the cavalcade of the recycling bin lorry. Have to be sharp as it seems to pass by at just after 9am according to neighbours. Always reminds me of the US presidential cavalcade with those not so secret service people jogging to keep up with the car. Hot tip: don’t drive through Dallas in and open topped car.

Art bit - some thin trees left over from the storm. Have a great day if you decide to. Best get some koffy on.

View attachment 52276

I join you with bin day and recycle today. The cavalcade has already gone past at precisely 7am here, so I was dragging stuff out at 4 am...

The lyrics are immediately below the video...

These thin trees are great. I love them @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.6

I was out all day yesterday, so perhaps didn't eat quite so wisely. Met up with friend. There had been a stabbing where we met up that I didn't know about, but friend knew. Then told me of fatal stabbing in Liverpool of a schoolgirl. So sad.

Nothing is safe. But you have to go out and live your life as best you can despite what is going on all around. I then went for a very long drive. A scenic route. I need some stuff for the car to boil water or something. I sorted out the toilet needs from Amazon quite some time ago.

Too tired last night to drag bin stuff out, so that got dragged out around 4am. I was quiet as a mouse - honest. No incoming sound for me, my processor was still in its dry box.

So, creative bit for me. Well, I looked at that street lamp again. It was freezing out, but dry. I think it took on the yellow from my front room light on...my front room is painted orange, so it does give that kind of glow...

Black paper from the cover of my sketchbook again. But I used conte pastels. I am in bed working on this so this was the pencil version of them.

This is as far as I have got with it for today...

Coffee next and breakfast...

4654BEC4-E59E-4E97-AE70-873214EA430B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojo85

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Long story short. fbg on Swipey 5.7 - not good enough; winter has already gone on long enough; bin day here as well; JKP may finally have been offered enough pain killers for a good night's sleep. Some of that is pure effluent and some belongs with the Grace I have been given. Sitting here well controlled? (not at that level) T2 - at last check- warm clothes and house, well fed (? nourished), with a loving family, a far too gorgeous granddaughter arriving soon and Spurs on Amazon later. Of course if you take Manna from heaven literally you'll miss the point. Thanks for the art @dunelm the song and creative @gennepher. Wonderful joining of dots Ma'am. Revisionist historiography has somewhat sullied/debunked the vision in that song but I remember where I was that night and the feeling that something precious had gone from the world.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

6.5 this morning on that meter of……please insert whatever words fancy.

It seems national bin day have moved address to today whatever day today is, was and will be.
Mentioning bee’s
Be well, bee safe bea apart and have you chosen a nice new suitable mask?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why doesn't it compute :)
I like being up early. It is the best part of the day (usually) @ianpspurs
I like that bit of early fresh air for a few minutes, sometimes with a cuppa.
It is uplifting.
Then I love coming back to bed with a cuppa tea and a cuppa coffee.
It is comfy and warm in my bed.
And then doing a painting in bed.
I can usually do a few reply emails, and come on here, and then answer my text messages.
All this feels a wonderful luxury to be able to do all this in comfort, and from my warm comfy bed.
I am grateful I can do all this.
It is then about 7/8/9 am so I suppose that is why I say then that it is about time I got on with the day...

Does that explain anything?
Or does it explain nothing?
@gennepher I love getting up early also. It is my favourite part of the day - relaxing with breakfast and coffee, before starting the day with a dog walk about a quarter to eight in the morning.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. The wind chill this morning felt like -6 degrees. We even had a flurry of snow but no ice on the paths thank goodness. I do hate it when the paths are really slippery.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This may be interesting for some. I'm very much in the early to bed camp but mostly whilst "in exile" not the 4.00 am early to rise crew - doesn't mean I don't wake then. The upcoming Ashes series may change that.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good grief @SlimLizzy
This is one heck of a nightmare.
I feel for you.
At one point it was unsaleable, unisured and therefore undriveable, as well as unwanted...
Add to car issues the continual changes and increasing costs in travel to UK arrangements.
The change in weather, to mostly cold and wet, just as the roofers are doing their stuff.
Still the larger issues have totally subsumed his irritation at having the wrong colour ridge tiles delivered. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At one point it was unsaleable, unisured and therefore undriveable, as well as unwanted...
Add to car issues the continual changes and increasing costs in travel to UK arrangements.
The change in weather, to mostly cold and wet, just as the roofers are doing their stuff.
Still the larger issues have totally subsumed his irritation at having the wrong colour ridge tiles delivered. :rolleyes:
Oh dear...
I am assuming those wrong coloured ridge tiles are wending their way back to the ridge tile depot @SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh dear...
I am assuming those wrong coloured ridge tiles are wending their way back to the ridge tile depot @SlimLizzy
Not this time. Small firm, no depot, and by then he was so stressed it wasn't worth mentioning. We will have contrasting coloured ridges.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not this time. Small firm, no depot, and by then he was so stressed it wasn't worth mentioning. We will have contrasting coloured ridges.
Not what you originally intended, but it will look good when it is finished @SlimLizzy
My fingers are crossed for that...