What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Found a lump on Archie's neck so we took him to the vet this morning. Sadly the vet said it looks like a cancerous lump. The vet does not want to take it off or investigate it or treat it because he is 15 - which is really old for a chocolate labrador. Their average lifespan is 10 years old. She doesn't want to do anything that will impact his quality of life. We are to wash it with salt to stop it getting infected.

She said he is really good for his age. There will be decisions to be made in the future, but at the moment we will make sure he does all his favourite things - so lots of visits to pubs and cafes and his favourite National Trust places.
How sad for you all. My brother had a similar situation with their dog last year, so I have some idea of the path you are on. Am sure Archie will appreciate all the extra treats and trips along the way. Many Hugs for all of you.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Found a lump on Archie's neck so we took him to the vet this morning. Sadly the vet said it looks like a cancerous lump. The vet does not want to take it off or investigate it or treat it because he is 15 - which is really old for a chocolate labrador. Their average lifespan is 10 years old. She doesn't want to do anything that will impact his quality of life. We are to wash it with salt to stop it getting infected.

She said he is really good for his age. There will be decisions to be made in the future, but at the moment we will make sure he does all his favourite things - so lots of visits to pubs and cafes and his favourite National Trust places.
Sad times but still some cherished days ahead

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a splendidly quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of parmesan crusted fish with courgette spaghetti came in at 5.1 this am

Questions last included night: “where are the Christmas decorations?” Question in my head: “Was Lonnie Donegan’s old man really a dustman?” Booster jab yesterday. A little bit sore at the injection site (well don’t touch it then) but apart from that, champion. What exactly are the current (subject to change) rules for Christmas? Can we party in secret? Can we trust our guests not to blab or do they have to sign a gagging order? Will the next variant after Omicron be Pi and if so, will they be able so sequence such a non recurring variant? Would it be irrational to divide the circumference of your head by it’s diameter to get your dose rate? Late breakfast with daughter and the girl in the bubble later today and then some more rooting through boxes and a bit more unpacking - oh how the other half lives.
Art bit - some more trees of course! Have a wonderful day if you can. Time to make some koffy.

upload_2021-12-4_7-38-56.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Creative today...
Mixed Media on this one. Several different black pens from calligraphy to writing to fude pen. And spray water applied at several stages. In my bed as usual painting, and I needed a red sun. So what to do? Ah, a red felt tip pen! So scribbled on the surround paper, lifted a bit with a water brush pen....

Time for coffee and a nap, because I woke at midnight after fitfully sleeping. No idea why except the cold made me need the loo frequently. But I was toasty in bed. So worked on a technical problem on my Android. Solved that. Then not sleepy. So, reached for an old iPhone book on how to use photographic apps. It is ten years out of date BUT it explains (to an idiot) what all the terms are that are on modern photography apps that I have not a clue what they are. This book was beyond my understanding 10 years ago, but now I can understand what it is talking about. And this painting in stages between the above lot.

Forget the nap. I am bright eyed and bushy tailed...

Talk about furry things...two of the stray cats came together (!) to my glass bedroom door that leads into the garden yesterday afternoon. Very contrite they looked. "Please come and feed us. We are very sorry about refusing your cheap dry biscuits yesterday". I gave in and went out to fill the dishes with the cheaper cat biscuits. Whereupon one of them, Merryweather, rushed past me into the bungalow. And stares at me from within my bungalow, "I know you have some of the expensive Popeye biscuits in here. Where are they?" And she goes searching every nook and cranny indoors...

She finally comes to the door to find out where I am, but she has missed the boat. The other cat with her was Jade, and I still have a bag of expensive Popeye cat biscuits. I had fed Jade a bowl of them outside (Jade is coming closer to me each time), and some of the nice Popeye wet food, in the time Merryweather was searching in my bungalow...

BED632A7-61C5-4AB1-8317-D99E61602619.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a splendidly quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of parmesan crusted fish with courgette spaghetti came in at 5.1 this am

Questions last included night: “where are the Christmas decorations?” Question in my head: “Was Lonnie Donegan’s old man really a dustman?” Booster jab yesterday. A little bit sore at the injection site (well don’t touch it then) but apart from that, champion. What exactly are the current (subject to change) rules for Christmas? Can we party in secret? Can we trust our guests not to blab or do they have to sign a gagging order? Will the next variant after Omicron be Pi and if so, will they be able so sequence such a non recurring variant? Would it be irrational to divide the circumference of your head by it’s diameter to get your dose rate? Late breakfast with daughter and the girl in the bubble later today and then some more rooting through boxes and a bit more unpacking - oh how the other half lives.
Art bit - some more trees of course! Have a wonderful day if you can. Time to make some koffy.

View attachment 52304

Glad your jab went well.

I absolutely love your 3 trees series @dunelm
Please do lots more...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My new fitbit watch is in disgrace. On Tuesday I did a really really fast 2 mile walk uphill to get to the dentist. Fitbit sent the following message. 'excellent cardio - for a woman of your age'.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning on a wet, dark cold and thought provoking morning in Forest Heath. That should teach me not to read The Glance by George Herbert with an analysis by Malcolm Guite - only it clearly won't and I'm far better for having so done. Today in 1932 it was icy in a small Cambs (Hunts then) hamlet and folk were skating on a pond whose whereabouts I only discovered from photos just before leaving that village - hadn't been there in my 60+ years. Anyhow, a reception teacher gave birth to a baby boy who, to my eternal and wholly undeserved benefit, God chose to become my father. Set against the poo show of the here and now, including the hideous 5.9 on Swipey, one would think the here and now wins. Absolutely not. Our middle son just sent an amazing 2 word text: Bowling Warney. Mind blowing love and memories in two words. The shared memories they open up are just amazing (immensity cloistered - John Donne) but to outsiders - just a glance. Some things are priceless. For everything else there's ??? T2 doesn't define me but whilst the whole may be greater than the sum of the parts if you leave out a part you don't get the true picture.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Creative today...
Mixed Media on this one. Several different black pens from calligraphy to writing to fude pen. And spray water applied at several stages. In my bed as usual painting, and I needed a red sun. So what to do? Ah, a red felt tip pen! So scribbled on the surround paper, lifted a bit with a water brush pen....

Time for coffee and a nap, because I woke at midnight after fitfully sleeping. No idea why except the cold made me need the loo frequently. But I was toasty in bed. So worked on a technical problem on my Android. Solved that. Then not sleepy. So, reached for an old iPhone book on how to use photographic apps. It is ten years out of date BUT it explains (to an idiot) what all the terms are that are on modern photography apps that I have not a clue what they are. This book was beyond my understanding 10 years ago, but now I can understand what it is talking about. And this painting in stages between the above lot.

Forget the nap. I am bright eyed and bushy tailed...

Talk about furry things...two of the stray cats came together (!) to my glass bedroom door that leads into the garden yesterday afternoon. Very contrite they looked. "Please come and feed us. We are very sorry about refusing your cheap dry biscuits yesterday". I gave in and went out to fill the dishes with the cheaper cat biscuits. Whereupon one of them, Merryweather, rushed past me into the bungalow. And stares at me from within my bungalow, "I know you have some of the expensive Popeye biscuits in here. Where are they?" And she goes searching every nook and cranny indoors...

She finally comes to the door to find out where I am, but she has missed the boat. The other cat with her was Jade, and I still have a bag of expensive Popeye cat biscuits. I had fed Jade a bowl of them outside (Jade is coming closer to me each time), and some of the nice Popeye wet food, in the time Merryweather was searching in my bungalow...

View attachment 52306
Smashing piece of work. I love the composition and also to see some practice work. The pink/blue/black shades that you are producing work really well.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My new fitbit watch is in disgrace. On Tuesday I did a really really fast 2 mile walk uphill to get to the dentist. Fitbit sent the following message. 'excellent cardio - for a woman of your age'.
Oh, a compensation claim surely for mental anguish and agism.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the creative and wildlife? story @gennepher. I hope the jab site settles @dunelm and the rules are clear - no snogging under the Misteletoe. Make your own decisions. If UknowOO gives sensible guidance the Daily Fail and Wacky Toot Toots he needs for cover will have a melt down. They have already been gibbering on about Salem Witches. Time for Mr Brine and co to have a medication review. What is the stage beyond jumping the shark? @Krystyna23040 I rather like that fitbit - mine's an Adidas Ionic, obviously:angelic: Other devices are available but Apple are the work of ???? :angelic:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Watched the Snooker last night from York on BBC2.
Apart from the skill of the players, across the table from the camera, my daughter, grandson and s.i.l. were large as life, a couple of rows back from the front, amongst very few mask wearers!
I think my s.i.l. out of need for comformity took his mask off which his son and my daughter had already done.

There is no way that Omicron will ever be stopped, the only thing is that the vaccine program will mitigate the problems. And we dont know yet how this new variant is spread.
I hope you all stay safe.
Derek

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Dead and dying Barnacle Geese of the c.50,000 Svalbard population are to be seen around the Solway, victims of Bird flu. Another problem generated in the far east?

The dead and moribund Barnacle Geese are with large flocks of Golden Plover.
I cant sèe a solution atm.
Derek