What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Smashing piece of work. I love the composition and also to see some practice work. The pink/blue/black shades that you are producing work really well.
Thanks @dunelm
I like to see people's work areas too.
The paintings don't just come out of thin air, there are usually bits and pieces that lead towards the painting.

Jojo85

Good morning,

5.2 @ 5 30am, last night's dinner was pan fried barramundi fish with zucchini noodles and broccoli on the side.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quiet and damp morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a huge bowl of moules marinières came in at 5.1 this am.

Out quite a bit yesterday - no food preparations required. A late breakfast and then sitting in the car while Mrs Miggins did a trolley dash in the supermarket. I’m still hobbling about with the aid of mind expanding drugs so my contribution was to write out the shopping list. No browsing please. Later, all things red, green, gold and silver appeared. They will need to be sorted through as we don’t intend much decorating for this coming Christmas. Just enough for a bit of cheer when the grandchildren arrive. Even later, dinner out with a couple of our offspring, très plaisant.

Art bit - trees - A free ink roller pen and a squirt of water on a page in my watercolour sketchbook in the style of @gennepher. There is a rumour going round that it will be a Sunday when you look out of the window or trespass outside so I hope that your version is a good one. Time for a koffy.

upload_2021-12-5_8-16-21.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a quiet and damp morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a huge bowl of moules marinières came in at 5.1 this am.

Out quite a bit yesterday - no food preparations required. A late breakfast and then sitting in the car while Mrs Miggins did a trolley dash in the supermarket. I’m still hobbling about with the aid of mind expanding drugs so my contribution was to write out the shopping list. No browsing please. Later, all things red, green, gold and silver appeared. They will need to be sorted through as we don’t intend much decorating for this coming Christmas. Just enough for a bit of cheer when the grandchildren arrive. Even later, dinner out with a couple of our offspring, très plaisant.

Art bit - trees - A free ink roller pen and a squirt of water on a page in my watercolour sketchbook in the style of @gennepher. There is a rumour going round that it will be a Sunday when you look out of the window or trespass outside so I hope that your version is a good one. Time for a koffy.

View attachment 52319
Fantastic @dunelm
I love this!
More please :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings from a dark, cold, wet Forest Heath. Trees dying, only really poultry and pigs mooching about with some manky old grass, root crops, cruciferous veggies, dried fruit, salted down meat and preserves to eat. Someone should arrange a Bacchanalian festival of light. Call it Boosternalia. Swipey seems bemused that I think 5.8 is about the same as losing 9-0 after a series of 10-0 losses with red cards and injuries. I find Kurt Lewin's Force Field analysis and the BCP are always good places to start with bg control. The road too often not taken - the fancy diets entice one with their promise of deliverance, My awful numbers are probably more to do with scheduling - as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be is only true for some things - especially largest meal of the day and bedtime. Main meal in the evening is a legacy of work/boys schedule. Some salad ingredients and supplements appear to provoke an en suite trip around 3 or 4 am if taken then. I would get up ideally but that would disturb JKP. Her back and hip issues disrupt her sleep and fitbit implies these two impact me, thus bg. I would ideally go to bed before 10.00 pm and rise early. She needs to lay down earlier and the dogs routine (our fault entirely) means someone being up later than I want. I'm working on scheduling tweaks since I'm confident I've nailed Elsie as well as I'll ever manage. This isn't all Elsie related and carbs aren't the sole driver for my numbers. TLDR? @dunelm and @gennepher thank you both so much for the creative work you kindly share.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. @ianpspurs JKP is really going through a bad patch at the moment.
Thanks @Krystyna23040. The back issues have been going on for some 9+ years. Cortisol injections in the back, sympathy, opioids, naff all real help. Allegedly caused by work - 8.30 to 9.00 at a computer screen = bad back. The hip issue may be related - referred pain/injury? but she is also the same age as her mum was at hip replacement (s) #1. Pain will magically take 2 days off so we can visit No 2 son in S'oton for his birthday. In a jam packed field that's quite the most batpoo crazy idea she's ever had. No doubt there will be a meal out.:arghh::bigtears::banghead: Great fbg btw. Looks too wet for dog walking or NT stroll to me. Deliveroo sausage roll and Nespresso methinks. Extra hugs for Archie. Tigers V Quins and whisky for Mr K. Does he do NFL and Bourbon?:angelic:

[Mod edit.]

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm and Jojo85

Jojo85

Good morning,

5.6 this 6am. I ate later than usual with bbq meats tabouli hummus and a piece of keto cake...so I'll take that 5.6 lol

Hope everyone has a great day and week!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Creative today...
No pen and ink and water...
Digital, worked from a painting of mine, to describe pictorially the hell that is next door's Christmas lights.
It is now at a ramped up rate (from last year) of flicker intensity and brightness. Then he went out leaving it on. It finally went off at 22:45.
This is at visual migraine inducing flashing intensity and frequency, and is lighting up every tree, branch, and plant in my garden, and pervades every window in my bungalow, from back, side, and front windows, to light up the inside of my bungalow.
My strategies last year with the curtains to diffuse the flashing Christmas lights, and the screening I bought for outside to go by all the worst affected windows, are not now effective. They stayed in place from last Christmas.

My side windows are within 4 metres of these invasive penetrating flashing lights. And so is my bedroom window.

The only way I could stop this giving me a severe migraine attack, last night, was to have all the lights on in every room in my bungalow.

The other bungalows have Christmas lights but they are the white ones that twinkle gently or rely on a gentle breeze for movement, and they were off at the dot of 10 pm. But not next door, he has gone for every garish colour and flicker and strobe under the sun and moon.

I normally go to bed at 8pm. I am very tired by then. But this kept me up well beyond my bedtime, and then I couldn't get to sleep. I had planned on going out today, but with not enough sleep, I cannot do that now.

Today will be setting up some blackout curtains I bought last year but never used. The door window in my bedroom is too narrow to put the black out curtains on that, because the rail is in that alcove, and there is nowhere to pull the thicker curtains back to. My bedroom would be in darkness the next month those lights are on, and I wouldn't be able to see out from my bed, to my garden, or the birds.

The blackout curtains will be set up in the front room which has a massive wide window, and then can be pulled back during the day, to let light in. This is the only room I stand a chance of making Christmas light impenetrable from the inside. And I will have to sleep on the front room couch for the next month...

The other thing to do today, is to find where I put my blackout eye mask I bought last year...

1981FC0B-378D-4A2B-A415-1A7F9FC9EA9A.jpeg

Reactions: Jojo85

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another blissfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of a hearty chicken soup came in at 5.2 this am

An update to my IOS on my IPad has messed with my keyboard so am having to use the pop up one on the screen but only, it seems for this website - grrrh! So, not much of a post today.
Art bit - Free ink roller pen and an ink brush, squirt of water - dry - repeat three times, on A5 watercolour paper. Hope you are all in the pink, hug for the ongoing back issues JKP - @ianpspurs , has she tried McKenzie exercises? https://www.healthline.com/health/mckenzie-exercises. Koffy time.
upload_2021-12-6_6-55-41.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Creative today...
No pen and ink and water...
Digital, worked from a painting of mine, to describe pictorially the hell that is next door's Christmas lights.
It is now at a ramped up rate (from last year) of flicker intensity and brightness. Then he went out leaving it on. It finally went off at 22:45.
This is at visual migraine inducing flashing intensity and frequency, and is lighting up every tree, branch, and plant in my garden, and pervades every window in my bungalow, from back, side, and front windows, to light up the inside of my bungalow.
My strategies last year with the curtains to diffuse the flashing Christmas lights, and the screening I bought for outside to go by all the worst affected windows, are not now effective. They stayed in place from last Christmas.

My side windows are within 4 metres of these invasive penetrating flashing lights. And so is my bedroom window.

The only way I could stop this giving me a severe migraine attack, last night, was to have all the lights on in every room in my bungalow.

The other bungalows have Christmas lights but they are the white ones that twinkle gently or rely on a gentle breeze for movement, and they were off at the dot of 10 pm. But not next door, he has gone for every garish colour and flicker and strobe under the sun and moon.

I normally go to bed at 8pm. I am very tired by then. But this kept me up well beyond my bedtime, and then I couldn't get to sleep. I had planned on going out today, but with not enough sleep, I cannot do that now.

Today will be setting up some blackout curtains I bought last year but never used. The door window in my bedroom is too narrow to put the black out curtains on that, because the rail is in that alcove, and there is nowhere to pull the thicker curtains back to. My bedroom would be in darkness the next month those lights are on, and I wouldn't be able to see out from my bed, to my garden, or the birds.

The blackout curtains will be set up in the front room which has a massive wide window, and then can be pulled back during the day, to let light in. This is the only room I stand a chance of making Christmas light impenetrable from the inside. And I will have to sleep on the front room couch for the next month...

The other thing to do today, is to find where I put my blackout eye mask I bought last year...

View attachment 52333

Hugs for the statutory nuisance - https://www.whitehead-monckton.co.u...eighbours-christmas-lights-causing-a-nuisance

Love the art interpretation.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another blissfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of a hearty chicken soup came in at 5.2 this am

An update to my IOS on my IPad has messed with my keyboard so am having to use the pop up one on the screen but only, it seems for this website - grrrh! So, not much of a post today.
Art bit - Free ink roller pen and an ink brush, squirt of water - dry - repeat three times, on A5 watercolour paper. Hope you are all in the pink, hug for the ongoing back issues JKP - @ianpspurs , has she tried McKenzie exercises? https://www.healthline.com/health/mckenzie-exercises. Koffy time.
.View attachment 52334
Hugs for the naughty IOS update messing up with your typing. Very frustrating.

I like your roller pen ink and water spray @dunelm
I can see so much imaginative stuff within...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @dunelm
I appreciate that link. Saved it.
I am going to have to go that way...

There is absolutely no need for the lights between me and him. They serve no purpose, the rest of the road do not see them. To take just the lights between me and him down could possibly be sufficient for me.

Thanks for the art compliment.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Krystyna23040. The back issues have been going on for some 9+ years. Cortisol injections in the back, sympathy, opioids, naff all real help. Allegedly caused by work - 8.30 to 9.00 at a computer screen = bad back. The hip issue may be related - referred pain/injury? but she is also the same age as her mum was at hip replacement (s) #1. Pain will magically take 2 days off so we can visit No 2 son in S'oton for his birthday. In a jam packed field that's quite the most batpoo crazy idea she's ever had. No doubt there will be a meal out.:arghh::bigtears::banghead: Great fbg btw. Looks too wet for dog walking or NT stroll to me. Deliveroo sausage roll and Nespresso methinks. Extra hugs for Archie. Tigers V Quins and whisky for Mr K. Does he do NFL and Bourbon?:angelic:

[Mod edit.]
It is horrible to be in pain. Hopefully her pain will ease a bit for your visit to your No 2 son's birthday celebrations.

Mr K doesn't do NFL but definitely does single malt.

Yesterday we managed to walk into our local market town without getting wet. Bought a card for granddaughter in Canada's birthday and popped into a cafe we had never been in before. Coffee was superb. No sausage rolls but Mr K had a lovely custard tart.