What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Taken as a whole, good morning seems appropriate. @gennepher obviously not so much but in today's wonderful creative, your post and general bearing you are a shining example to and blessing on all here. I hope the light nuisance can be resolved as amicably as possible. @dunelm thank you for the exercises link. I think at least two physios may have suggested those and just shrugged shoulders when they didn't work. She has a physio appointment on December 21st which is following on from the gym referral. Thank you so much for the thought and the art today. Gifting is a theme of the day. My fbg was 6.0 which is so far outside Non D as to be, by degrees, embarrassing, frustrating, concerning, nightmarish and simply where things are at just now. My bg control really doesn't look very good (masterly understatement and self control) just now. Christmas 2021? I would seriously just have no decorations, visitors and turkey salad for Christmas dinner if it wouldn’t cause JKP hurt. I'm all good with Malcolm Guite's Advent anthology, Carols from Kings and portal tv hookups. The two days in Southampton will be anything but a joyous time with my son and grandchildren. Combine being in a UK hotel, a City and eating out with the current nonsense and a man with no eyes could see my cheery demeanour from Mars. Gym for me today as part of my back/leg/manufacturer's defective package. If surgeons were less pessimistic about the downsides I would shell out for two ops but who wants to be the guy who frittered away £s just to put us both in wheelchairs? Can Noel Fitzpatrick fix humans?:playful: @karen8967 great meme - a less salty version of my favourite inch by inch speech. No hugs please the Collect for the day works so much better since it has real, lasting substance. Y'all be good now

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Just this week and then Christmas vacation.
Great fbg and yesterday sounds wonderful. Thank you for the good wishes for JKP. You just know any pain or discomfort will be disguised during our time in Southampton. That boy needs to come home but maybe not until we are home again. His wife's mum is a Cambridge gel exiled in France but gradually moving her husband closer to both sets of her grandchildren:). You enjoy your Christmas vacation which a shrewd guess tells me won't look like a vacation to any of us. Vacation? I do the Americanisms here, honey:angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Taken as a whole, good morning seems appropriate. @gennepher obviously not so much but in today's wonderful creative, your post and general bearing you are a shining example to and blessing on all here. I hope the light nuisance can be resolved as amicably as possible. @dunelm thank you for the exercises link. I think at least two physios may have suggested those and just shrugged shoulders when they didn't work. She has a physio appointment on December 21st which is following on from the gym referral. Thank you so much for the thought and the art today. Gifting is a theme of the day. My fbg was 6.0 which is so far outside Non D as to be, by degrees, embarrassing, frustrating, concerning, nightmarish and simply where things are at just now. My bg control really doesn't look very good (masterly understatement and self control) just now. Christmas 2021? I would seriously just have no decorations, visitors and turkey salad for Christmas dinner if it wouldn’t cause JKP hurt. I'm all good with Malcolm Guite's Advent anthology, Carols from Kings and portal tv hookups. The two days in Southampton will be anything but a joyous time with my son and grandchildren. Combine being in a UK hotel, a City and eating out with the current nonsense and a man with no eyes could see my cheery demeanour from Mars. Gym for me today as part of my back/leg/manufacturer's defect package. If surgeons were less pessimistic about the downsides I would shell out for two ops but who wants to be the guy who frittered away £s just to put us both in wheelchairs? Can Noel Fitzpatrick fix humans?:playful: @karen8967 great meme - a less salty version of my favourite inch by inch speech. No hugs please the Collect for the day works so much better since it has real, lasting substance. Y'all be good now
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Without lying how does one fit these criteria? My lat flows are all negative and I basically isolate unless under duress. I'm inclined to believe the guy quoted in the attached. The cynic in me thinks - actually more than that - our "leaders" know this very well but are too much in hoc to the wilder shores of the R/W press and New Right to act appropriately. This could become very messy in the New Year. That said, here's something "traditional" for The Holiday Season. We liked it (not erith though it is an abomination) but don't blame me if'n y'all don't - you may have partially lost your sense of taste:angelic: Liked this very much - great choice of her songs - again, check your taste if you disagree:angelic:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-06 10.59.45.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-06 10.59.45.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.10am FBG 6.6

The roofers came this morning and got straight to work, while the rain held off. But by lunchtime they were rained off again. However they had managed to get nearly all the felt and battens on, so we should have a bit more roof integrity.
Meanwhile MrSlim is working to transfer the TV to the salon. We will be properly comfortable soon. If only he can locate the fault for the kitchen heating.
I had better have another go at those infernal curtains....

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Without lying how does one fit these criteria? My lat flows are all negative and I basically isolate unless under duress. I'm inclined to believe the guy quoted in the attached. The cynic in me thinks - actually more than that - our "leaders" know this very well but are too much in hoc to the wilder shores of the R/W press and New Right to act appropriately. This could become very messy in the New Year. That said, here's something "traditional" for The Holiday Season. We liked it (not erith though it is an abomination) but don't blame me if'n y'all don't - you may have partially lost your sense of taste:angelic: Liked this very much - great choice of her songs - again, check your taste if you disagree:angelic:
If you are using the ZOE app then you can report a whole raft of symptoms and then get a test

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-6_13-49-17.jpeg
    upload_2021-12-6_13-49-17.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 53

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are using the ZOE app then you can report a whole raft of symptoms and then get a test
Thanks. I hadn't seen that but there must be a "gatekeeper" as at some stage that would include the majority of the population. Headache is very vague to pick one at random.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Last night was the same as night before, with my insensitive Christmas lights neighbour leaving his Christmas lights on. And it was gone 11pm. I was unable to sleep any more on the couch in the front room. My plan had been to sleep in the front room until 10 pm when his Christmas lights should have gone off, and then I was going to retire to my comfy bed the rest of the night. But his Christmas lights were still flashing their multicoloured migraine inducing pervading brightness at well gone 11pm.

I went round, knocked on his door, window and rang his bell.

He did not answer, nor even look out from behind his blinds.

I came back in.

I was not having a whole night of this. Those Christmas lights were going to be turned off by him.

So I tried putting my dog barking driveway sensor alarms on for just 5 seconds to try and make him wake up and realise his Christmas lights were still on, and I was holding them out of my bedroom window.

Nothing happened. His bedroom window is only a few metres away from mine.

I want to sleep in my own bed, not on an uncomfortable couch all night.

I was sleeping on the couch because I go to bed early, but a whole night on the couch in the front room to get far away as possible from those pervasive lights (and having to do this for another month), I was not going to do.

So, I set a full burst of those two dog alarms, and they are set to sound like two different Alsatian dogs. I held them right out of my bedroom window for 45 seconds, the length of this alarm alert.

But I forgot something. These are my sensor alert alarms for the front driveway (as I am deaf and these work for me), so I am aware when parcels arrive (I only switch them on when I am expecting a parcel delivery), and they also flash a blue light as well as the barking Alsatians, so this meant the blue flashing lights would have permeated his bedroom window curtains for 45 seconds as well...

Those Christmas flashing lights of his, still on at 23:20 were suddenly turned off. And his house inside was still in total darkness.

I was expecting his security light to come on and him to come out and investigate the source of the 'dogs' barking and the blue lights. But he didn't. And I was prepared to say something had he done that.

It was about 10 minutes later when some lights came on inside, but just in his bathroom.

Then it dawned on me. He must have thought the blue flashing lights was a police car, and the barking Alsatians were police dogs?

I really really hope he was hiding behind his couch too scared to turn his lights on inside in case it was the police.

Then I went to sleep...

Creative is a quick tiny sketch this morning, with a black rollerball pen that did not spread much when water was applied...

27962AC2-A7CD-498E-93C1-ED3DBC8C2E2E.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm inclined to believe the guy quoted in the attached. The cynic in me thinks - actually more than that - our "leaders" know this very well but are too much in hoc to the wilder shores of the R/W press and New Right to act appropriately. This could become very messy in the New Year.
I am also inclined to believe the guy quoted in your attachment and am a bit braver than our 'leaders ' as my class rules are that class members do not attend their class if they have a cold. I am really strict on this rule.

Reactions: dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Last night was the same as night before, with my insensitive Christmas lights neighbour leaving his Christmas lights on. And it was gone 11pm. I was unable to sleep any more on the couch in the front room. My plan had been to sleep in the front room until 10 pm when his Christmas lights should have gone off, and then I was going to retire to my comfy bed the rest of the night. But his Christmas lights were still flashing their multicoloured migraine inducing pervading brightness at well gone 11pm.

I came back in.

I was not having a whole night of this. Those Christmas lights were going to be turned off by him.

So I tried putting my dog barking driveway sensor alarms on for just 5 seconds to try and make him wake up and realise his Christmas lights were still on, and I was holding them out of my bedroom window.

I was sleeping on the couch because I go to bed early, but a whole night on the couch in the front room to get far away as possible from those pervasive lights (and having to do this for another month), I was not going to do.

So, I set a full burst of those two dog alarms, and they are set to sound like two different Alsatian dogs. I held them right out of my bedroom window for 45 seconds, the length of this alarm alert.

But I forgot something. These are my sensor alert alarms for the front driveway (as I am deaf and these work for me), so I am aware when parcels arrive (I only switch them on when I am expecting a parcel delivery), and they also flash a blue light as well as the barking Alsatians, so this meant the blue flashing lights would have permeated his bedroom window curtains for 45 seconds as well...

Those Christmas flashing lights of his, still on at 23:20 were suddenly turned off. And his house inside was still in total darkness.

I was expecting his security light to come on and him to come out and investigate the source of the 'dogs' barking and the blue lights. But he didn't. And I was prepared to say something had he done that.

It was about 10 minutes later when some lights came on inside, but just in his bathroom.

Then it dawned on me. He must have thought the blue flashing lights was a police car, and the barking Alsatians were police dogs?

I really really hope he was hiding behind his couch too scared to turn his lights on inside in case it was the police.

Then I went to sleep...

Creative is a quick tiny sketch this morning, with a black rollerball pen that did not spread much when water was applied...

View attachment 52356
This is absolutely dreadful @gennepher.

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I came back in.

Then I went to sleep...

View attachment 52356
Dreadful state of affairs. smashing sketch though.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day in paradise here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of sautéed cabbage and sausages came in at 5.4 this am.

I now have an appointment with the spinal clinic - January - oh what a lucky boy! Decorations are slowly appearing. Mrs Miggins thinks that most of them are in our lock up so will have to go over there and search them out. Still not figured out why my keyboard will now not work on this website when it does with everything else so far. Wonder if @alf_Josiah is OK, not seen his postings for a while.

More trees, don’t mind if I do. Hope that everyone has a good day. I shall move along and make koffy.

upload_2021-12-7_7-55-28.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost forgot to post fbs - 5.0 this morning. Haven't a clue why I am having a run of really good fbs at the moment.

Reactions: Jojo85

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another day in paradise here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of sautéed cabbage and sausages came in at 5.4 this am.

I now have an appointment with the spinal clinic - January - oh what a lucky boy! Decorations are slowly appearing. Mrs Miggins thinks that most of them are in our lock up so will have to go over there and search them out. Still not figured out why my keyboard will now not work on this website when it does with everything else so far. Wonder if @alf_Josiah is OK, not seen his postings for a while.

More trees, don’t mind if I do. Hope that everyone has a good day. I shall move along and make koffy.

View attachment 52357
I hope @alf_Josiah is okay as well. I have been looking back in case I missed posts of his ...

This tree art is absolutely amazing @dunelm.
I think this is fantastic what you have done here.