What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5,4 for me this Sunday morning as I do my best to stay good in what I eat; not always easy when on holiday and eating out all the time.

I think this is the first photo of me genuinely smiling for a while.

My wife and I must have been just about the only two people in London not aware that yesterday there was a huge Gay Pride parade taking place in London.

We were sitting in the foyer of our hotel, when out of the lifts walk a number of parade participants in full regalia: men in high heels, leather hotpants, makeup etc.

The expression on my wife's face was something to behold.

Have a great day!View attachment 34148
Free entertainment. Brilliant. I would have loved that. Probably tagged on.the end of the parade!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5 5 and I'm ecstatic

Today the plan was wickes to order internal doors, on to sons house to strip walls in prep for plasterers. Got to wickes DIY store. Sun was out so change of plan. PUB CRAWL preceded by Iceland shop. Kippers (breaky) and cauli rice but also spotted mini.magnums.12g per lolly. Yes please. Didnt put bs up so winner. Keeper.

Hope everyone having a great weekend.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Thanks for the reply and you are not really speaking out of order. However, whilst I may advise others to chill out I am just not made that way ( I would need a performance indicator of chilling out to strive for) . The infamous inch by inch speech from Any Given Sunday sums up my default setting. I think I am aware of the danger of trying too hard from other areas of life, notably sport. I deliberately carried out minimal testing and analysis in the last 6 months to break "scoreboard pressure". The comparative benefits of wellness and wellbeing interest me greatly and for me controlling diabetes may have improved my wellness at the expense of my wellbeing. I don't cope well with detours or backwards steps but I appreciate the concern. If it explains me at all I am so much more chilled than my dad was. The Victor Hugo quote was very thoughtful.

I have been trying to work that out too... Wellness at the expense of well-being, or weighing the two ...
A thought just came to me ... To let my body be my sage ...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been trying to work that out too... Wellness at the expense of well-being, or weighing the two ...
A thought just came to me ... To let my body be my sage ...
Best wishes for that. I'm sticking with wellness being the key The body lies too much. Like a few well known politicians it tells different audiences exactly what they want to hear then denies ever telling them.

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I walked over to the grocery store to pick up a refill of legal drugs (also bought some bad stuff -- a powdered-s****r-laden doughnut). Once back inside my building the corridor beckoned and I cantered three strides in full view of the neighbor who had come in from the garden with me. If he laughed, I did not hear him, and I don't think I dislocated either hip either.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I walked over to the grocery store to pick up a refill of legal drugs (also bought some bad stuff -- a powdered-s****r-laden doughnut). Once back inside my building the corridor beckoned and I cantered three strides in full view of the neighbor who had come in from the garden with me. If he laughed, I did not hear him, and I don't think I dislocated either hip either.

GO Saskia!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum I don't know how I missed the news before now--

giphy.gif

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely view, @HarrisonK . Views from that high up don't bother me. It's somewhere between 3,000 feet and 500 feet that is my vertigo zone. What type aircraft were you flying? Our jump plane was a Cessna 172.

I just saw this. I loved our jump club's Cessna.

I was flying the same aircraft, a Cessna 172. I have always found it fascinating that my vertigo doesn't exist when I am flying.

Never understood why someone wants to jump out of a pefectly servicable plane :)

Wonderful!!! Memories. Dont ya just love em

I spend far too much time reliving the past, had a lot of fun ;)

The bar-b today was a lot better as I spent more time on the planning, I also had the help of someone who understood the logic behind them. Socially I was good enough to pass muster but I was suffering after two hours. All in all, it was good according to the attendees :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was flying the same aircraft, a Cessna 172. I have always found it fascinating that my vertigo doesn't exist when I am flying.

Never understood why someone wants to jump out of a pefectly servicable plane :)

I had the T-shirt ;)

81IE1hOsqfL._UL1500_.jpg

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg this morning was 5.6. Happy with that. Anything that starts 5 is good.
We took Dennis to the beach for the first time this morning, before it got too busy. Holywell has a freshwater stream running through it so he could enjoy the sand and a. bit of paddling without the big scary waves frightening him. He was remarkably well behaved!
@karen8967 glad to see your fbg was spot on this morning.
@Krystyna23040 good fbg. I really like the Moser Roth chocolate too. And the fact that it comes individually wrapped in little bars is great for portion control ( I do sometimes struggle with the stop button)
@PenguinMum I’m so glad your birthday weekend is turning out to be so lovely. What a great surprise having your son arrive unexpectedly and what a brilliant birthday present your HbA1c was. Fantastic result!
@pavlosn you look super relaxed and happy. Hope you enjoyed the Pride jollities.
@MisplacedIdentity congrats on your dancing prize - were you stone cold sober? It takes me at least 1/2 bottle of wine to make me get up.
@Bubbsie are you enjoying Killing Eve? I thought it was brilliant, best thing on tv for ages.
@Debandez hope your dryer gets fixed. I’m ashamed to say that even on a sunny day I’ll stick towels in the dryer so they come out soft and fluffy not rock hard.
@ianpspurs I’m glad to note your gout is gradually getting better. Shame there’s no cricket for you today though.
Not tried it yet. He told me it wont be like new though! So I'm not expecting miracles. Nice weather at the mo so I like to peg washing out. Makes me feel like a proper housewife. Lacking in so many other areas!!!!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 7.6 at 5am

We are finally down into the 7's

And also since I have been eating my day's food in one meal which I have now changed to the first meal of the day which is breakfast time, I have been losing weight...a lot.

I am going to have to sew my jeans waistband in today. They can't stay up now, falling off me.

I hope that this trend continues.

I am not eating less than before, just eating most of it earlier in the day.

Obviously more tweaking to do.

But I am a happy bunny sitting in my garden....

Take care

Have a good day

>^..^<

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 7.6 at 5am

We are finally down into the 7's

And also since I have been eating my day's food in one meal which I have now changed to the first meal of the day which is breakfast time, I have been losing weight...a lot.

I am going to have to sew my jeans waistband in today. They can't stay up now, falling off me.

I hope that this trend continues.

I am not eating less than before, just eating most of it earlier in the day.

Obviously more tweaking to do.

But I am a happy bunny sitting in my garden....

Take care

Have a good day

>^..^<

Congratulations! Will you put darts in the waistband?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@SaskiaKC

Fantastic!

>^..^<

For some reason the 'quote' of your pic doesn't attach, but it's there in my edit!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today! No idea where that came from but it’s welcome and can bring its mates if it likes.
@PenguinMum happy birthday looks like a lovely day for a lovely person.
@gennepher that is wonderful news, both the fbg and the weight loss. It’s amazing what a little tweaking will do
We are driving back up to London today for my scan later this week. Wish I’d packed last night, rather than leave it til the last minute. I used to be very organised