What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 - only just in the 5s. Had a lovely day yesterday walking around the water gardens. The water lillies are just starting to flower and I could imagine Monet painting the tranquil scene.

Took my own cream for the coffee as the cafe now has coffee creamer instead of UHT cream. UHT is horrid but at least it is not full of glucose.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 after a fabulous weekend with my nearest and dearest. Thank you so much for the lovely card @SaskiaKC and the good wishes from you and @gennepher and @DJC3. Hope you have a safe journey to London. I love the idea that you will adjust your jeans @gennepher its all too easy to order new ones so good for you and the planet!
@Bildad hope the doc is able to help with your migtaines. @HarrisonK sounds like you stormed the bbq hope you enjoyed the fruits of your labour.
Today back to reality for me, lots of housework, beds to change, etc but thats fine.
Hope you all have a good Monday. Stay well, stay safe.

Viv19

Not good for me these numbers. 7.9 last night and 7 this morning. Still I slept better last night.
I need to pad my shoe and try to walk. No exercise is so bad for me.
OH is out walking the dog- that was what I wanted to be doing.
IMG_5382.jpg

She’s 8, so middle aged and a little grey. Very kind and well behaved. I think we’ll enjoy the 4 months she spends with us.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all and welcome to another week of mystery and imaginings.

A full scale work of fiction from the wonder wheel of strange, yet true-ish, reflections of a previous day’s misdemeanours- 5.9.

Turning one of the downstairs rooms into a bedroom today as my mother flies over from France on Wednesday. She can climb stairs, eventually, but she is only here for a week. I also need to book an appointment for her to buy some new spectacles - they are very expensive in France, comparatively. She always brings a prescription with her.

Have a wonderful day if you can.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning which is great considering, I think I'll have the remaining strawberries with double thick cream for breakfast :) I do believe I have a minor hangover as well.

sounds like you stormed the bbq hope you enjoyed the fruits of your labour.

I'm not a big fan so I had a couple of kebabs and stayed with the salads ;) Belated birthday greetings are in order too :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening folks, must be brief again, youngest grandson is still here. So much trouble for us to get into and so little time.

A gentle 6.7 this morning.
Abnormal service could be resumed tomorrow, but busy day tomorrow also.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...good news & bad news this weekend...I didn't go an collect the chair yesterday it was such a lovely day I couldn't bear to spend any of it on the motorway (again)...the good news all my paperwork/invoices are done & 'plumpy' and me are off to London to deliver it...he is front seat as usual when we get into traffic he loves to stare out the windows at unsuspecting drivers...that does make me laugh...woke to a 6.3

He is definitely a front seat boy

Harry in car.jpg

Viv19

I’ve decided to have a couple of really lazy days. No cooking, shopping (food), cleaning or entertaining of Dad or visitors. Instead I’m going to relax, laze on a long chair in the garden (forecast for the next 4 days is 21/22 and sunny) and read some low brain power books on my kindle. And pat the dog from time to time. As my girls tell me ‘Mum chill!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Viv19 enjoy your chill day with your beautiful dog, how on earth will you be able to let him go? @HarrisonK thanks for bday wishes. @Bubbsie great photo of Harry in the passenger seat, like “whats keeping her now” expression lol. Has the captain chair bitten the dust? It sounded rather nice but I guess another one wil come along. @ianpspurs hope you are well enough for light duties today.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today! No idea where that came from but it’s welcome and can bring its mates if it likes.
@PenguinMum happy birthday looks like a lovely day for a lovely person.
@gennepher that is wonderful news, both the fbg and the weight loss. It’s amazing what a little tweaking will do
We are driving back up to London today for my scan later this week. Wish I’d packed last night, rather than leave it til the last minute. I used to be very organised
Great score on the door there! Hope all goes well with your scan. I know it's a worrying time for you.

Reactions: DJC3 and gennepher

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great to hear you had a lovely birthday weekend
Morning All. 6.3 after a fabulous weekend with my nearest and dearest. Thank you so much for the lovely card @SaskiaKC and the good wishes from you and @gennepher and @DJC3. Hope you have a safe journey to London. I love the idea that you will adjust your jeans @gennepher its all too easy to order new ones so good for you and the planet!
@Bildad hope the doc is able to help with your migtaines. @HarrisonK sounds like you stormed the bbq hope you enjoyed the fruits of your labour.
Today back to reality for me, lots of housework, beds to change, etc but thats fine.
Hope you all have a good Monday. Stay well, stay safe.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve decided to have a couple of really lazy days. No cooking, shopping (food), cleaning or entertaining of Dad or visitors. Instead I’m going to relax, laze on a long chair in the garden (forecast for the next 4 days is 21/22 and sunny) and read some low brain power books on my kindle. And pat the dog from time to time. As my girls tell me ‘Mum chill!
Sounds like a full agenda to me, can I join you? ;-)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...good news & bad news this weekend...I didn't go an collect the chair yesterday it was such a lovely day I couldn't bear to spend any of it on the motorway (again)...the good news all my paperwork/invoices are done & 'plumpy' and me are off to London to deliver it...he is front seat as usual when we get into traffic he loves to stare out the windows at unsuspecting drivers...that does make me laugh...woke to a 6.3

He is definitely a front seat boy

View attachment 34184

Awwwww

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I am nicely late so lots of posts to read. @PenguinMum happy birthday and don't let reality intrude over much. @DJC3 safe journey - thoughts and prayers with you for the results later this week. @Bildad hope the Dr can help with migraines. @gennepher amazing news about weight loss and being on the 7s. @HarrisonK really pleased the b went well. @Viv19 hugs for the toe and movement issues - very frustrating. My fbg was 5.2 this morning but much later so not too bad. Exactly 4 years since I started LC and testing a separate post below reflecting on this but I will happily delete it if asked.

Reactions: karen8967 and Viv19

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
LC the first 4 years
The data: Started 8/7/2015 with A1c of 7.6 and weighing 90.7 kgs (had already dropped nearly 6 kgs from June 2015). First reading (fbg) was 7.1. Followed DCUK recipes and by December A1c was 5.8 and weight was 76.6 kgs. June 2019 A1c was 5.7 and weight was 73.4 kgs. Testing and beautiful conditional formatted spreadsheet big help.
The plus points : Weight loss most obvious then A1c under diabetic level at all reviews. Initial background retinopathy gone for past 3 years. Don't need medication ( I have gone without and no difference) but I take metformin by choice
The negatives: I now view all food and drink as hazardous - have become a food avoider wherever possible. Learning I could food fast for at least 2 days was a mistake. Going sub 75 kgs I no longer feel nourished - the first 2-3 years I was clearly using the buffer from the old country. The fat/cals part of LC is the one I don't much like.
Overall: Obviously grateful for no diabetic complications and staying in non diabetic range. Not a net negative yet but no longer the obvious positive of 18 months ago. Lots of finger pricking and waste plastic so will ultimately switch to cgm.
If this is unhelpful please ignore or tell me to delete. The aim was to give people new to this a warts and all idea of a non success story.