What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a tragedy and many condolences to all the family. I just wonder if the staff are so stretched and tired. If so, they will be feeling quite terrible.
@dunelm thank you for pointing this out. I hadn't thought that the staff may also be feeling quite terrible.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is a lot of trauma in this thread today.
Extra prayers for @Krystyna23040 and family.
I agree with @dunelm 's comment, although that is not an obvious intuitive comment we might think in that situation.
Just so sad for everyone.

Going to bed now I need sleep.
I have to disinfect the passageway and driveway tomorrow. And it's not my s___

Jojo85

Good morning,

Fbg was 5.4 this morning. Considering I had low carb ice cream at 10pm I'm happy with that number
I really need to get back on track with my eating and cut out the snacking lol
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Jojo85

Just got back to Dereham from a.lovely walk in Sheringham Park when sister rang. Ben has just died. The hospital had said early this morning that an x-ray had shown that food from a feeding tube had gone into his lungs and that they hadn't realised that the catheter was blocked which had damaged his kidneys. They couldn't save him. It is so sad.
I'm so sorry to hear such sad news, my condolences

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a lot of trauma in this thread today.
Extra prayers for @Krystyna23040 and family.
I agree with @dunelm 's comment, although that is not an obvious intuitive comment we might think in that situation.
Just so sad for everyone.

Going to bed now I need sleep.
I have to disinfect the passageway and driveway tomorrow. And it's not my s___
I really hope that you get a good night's sleep tonight @gennepher and I agree that @dunelm's comment is not an obvious intuitive comment and I am pleased he wrote what he did as it has made me realise that the situation is sad for everyone involved.

Brain not working very quickly tonight as I have only just worked out why you have to disinfect your passageway. Oh yuk!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a pair of those socks @jjraak
Nice and toasty!!!
Nothing wrong with socks
Ideally suited to circumstances.

Just him being flippant re the time of year and supposed themed socks .

More then happy to have been able to wear both :happy:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7am FBG 5.9
8am FBG 5.7
Breakfast and settled down to read the updates.
@Krystyna23040 What terribly sad news, so very sorry for all involved.
@jjraak good to know you are still buying pairs of socks. Wishing you a steady recovery.
@ianpspurs glad to read your family seem to be doing ok.
@gennepher What an awful mess for you to clear up. Didn't the waterboard hose it down?

My father tells that he has had pneumonia, which might be right. Word from the ward he is stable but still on oxygen and IV antibiotics. Bit worrying really.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and other species if so inclined.
A 7.2 this morning on that meter…….
Well today is Sunday and me and me’s are glad the festivities are over, just the thousand of yards of Christmas light and Christmas trees to take down, but hopefully that will be next week.
Here in Tilehurst Towers today will be spent catching up on plinky plonky practice, walking and planning some outstanding wood working projects, did I mention koffy? Mentioning woodworking 2 of my 3 grandchildren want me to make them name plates for their bedrooms I shall endeavour to post pictures and also some of the planters that I have to make.
Stay safe all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Slight update on newest invitee to next family Christmas bash.

Little fella (nephews step daughters new born)
Swallowed something during roadside birth, Which got into his lungs.

As yet unnamed, I'm working off his code name Prius, until further notice.

Is now off machines & breathing as normal, as babies do.

Eye contact good and reacting to stimulus well, so family told

Poor mum having to count down days until first hugs as she's self isolating, as are all family, due to covid but seems to have a mild version, thank god

Docs keeping a close eye on baby, but all signs looking good today :nurse::)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on bin day -2 here in the none too comely - to my eyes but for plane spotters a veritable paradise- giant USAF hardware Theme Park. Swipey is still fast asleep in its box and I don't propose to use Stabbo because it is inconvenient, messy and for all that it still only tells me (with a hefty margin of error) what my bg may be/have been at two points. Leaves no clue as to why and has resulted in all sorts of meals being off limits based,I now know, on no solid evidence. Swipey has really shown me just how many other factors skew that 2 hr number. Comfort breaks within 10 mins have a remarkable effect. @SlimLizzy thank you for the mention. You must be worried about your dad and whilst no two people are the same, my 91 yo (92 on Weds) MIL pulled through something remarkably similar (Sepsis added) and rapidly bounced back. Hug for #excrementgate @gennepher and processing the tragedy @Krystyna23040. Turkey is now gone so today I go from the high to the low - pork chop:arghh: Freezer space for a restock is needed. I desperately want to "get with the program," somehow fool my taste buds, and rejoin the family by eating some non-illegitamised (no cream cheese, butter, heavy cream or Chemical Brothers thank you) warm/hot food (Elsie certified, protein dominant) and pray the taste and outcomes keep me a mildly people friendly little boy. Anyone else have preposterously unattainable aspirations this Sunday except Joe Root's crew of Rag, Tag, Bobtail and, even more worryingly, Alexander B De P J plus Assorted Fruitcakes apart? Tinkerty Tonk Old Fruits.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really hope that you get a good night's sleep tonight @gennepher and I agree that @dunelm's comment is not an obvious intuitive comment and I am pleased he wrote what he did as it has made me realise that the situation is sad for everyone involved.

Brain not working very quickly tonight as I have only just worked out why you have to disinfect your passageway. Oh yuk!
Thank you very much @Krystyna23040
Hugs for you x

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7am FBG 5.9
8am FBG 5.7
Breakfast and settled down to read the updates.
@Krystyna23040 What terribly sad news, so very sorry for all involved.
@jjraak good to know you are still buying pairs of socks. Wishing you a steady recovery.
@ianpspurs glad to read your family seem to be doing ok.
@gennepher What an awful mess for you to clear up. Didn't the waterboard hose it down?

My father tells that he has had pneumonia, which might be right. Word from the ward he is stable but still on oxygen and IV antibiotics. Bit worrying really.
Hope your father keeps improving @SlimLizzy . Good that he is stable.