What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1

Creative today...
I woke about half seven, late for me.
So, creative is a quickie today...
Acrylic painted page, Sharpie pen, and pastel pencils.
I need a coffee and a quick nap before I venture out there. It is -2C out there, so maybe a quick nap before I go out....

803F838B-9678-42D1-9EEF-84B38092F387.jpeg

Reactions: Jojo85

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone wherever or however you are. My fbg is a known unknown but yesterday was definitely low carb. Yesterday evening I joined 3 grandchildren, 1 son and JKP around the table. It was a wonderful social event. My grandson, 9, recited a Maya Angelou poem learned in school and knew what it was about and the modern context.:woot: The roast chicken, roast kale and cauliflower cheese would obviously be a feast to many and I’m thankful for God’s grace but any joy came from the people. It was more sacrament than nutrition and wouldn’t have been possible had I lived where I long to live. Not Maya Angelo but another poet whose life matters chastens me. Salmon salad today, maybe with avocado, totally my happy LC place and I’m very comfortable with that nutritionally, especially with The Supplements - a mid 70s Laurel Canyon band, very niche. @gennepher thanks for the vernal creative. @Krystyna23040 :woot: for both fbgs and radio 4 - too woke for Berkshire although Mr Buffett (Warren not Jimmy) would doubtless listen and like.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The Maya Angelou poem was And Still I rise and here is Jimmy Buffet's most famous song. Why should I keep God's blessings all to my self? Look up Love liberates by Maya Angelou on youtube sometime. I always feel a similar spirit shines brightly from a couple of ladies who post on here but I know for sure they were never P poor mothers of little children.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1

Tired today, so slept on couch.
Only just done pastel painting.
But I went in back garden for inspiration.
Saw the moon, cradled by my 35 foot rose tree. I don't know where the rose tree came from, the birds must have dropped a seed aeons ago, and it just grew straight upwards, not sideways like a rose bush usually does..

Good night.
After a hard days dozing on the couch by the sunny window, I am ready for bed...night night...

View attachment 52882
Smashing art. Hello Popeye, time to come in, it’s going to be cold.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, if you don’t feel you fit into either of the aforementioned categories well good for you.

A straight 6 on that meter this morning.
Me and me’s have no idea how your day is playing out, but please enjoy it, life is full of opportunities for merriment, mischief and general disdain from far too serious onlookers.
It’s time to end with the usual stay safe etc.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1

Creative today...
I woke about half seven, late for me.
So, creative is a quickie today...
Acrylic painted page, Sharpie pen, and pastel pencils.
I need a coffee and a quick nap before I venture out there. It is -2C out there, so maybe a quick nap before I go out....

View attachment 52884
Lovely colour scheme. Are those magic mushrooms?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a chill in the air start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. All windows that open are now open since we found out that the horse had bolted during the night. Both of us tested positive this morning - boo, hiss. How do I get my supplies of wine delivered now - oh! Online of course. We are going to need a veg box as well. Best get onto a supermarket then.
A bit more mellow yellow in today’s picture. Stay well. Must drink more koffy.

upload_2022-1-14_9-45-17.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just heard some really sad news. My friend Hilary who I have known since our children were at primary school and who has done my book keeping for 20+ years has bowel cancer which has spread so much it is inoperable.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just heard some really sad news. My friend Hilary who I have known since our children were at primary school and who has done my book keeping for 20+ years has bowel cancer which has spread so much it is inoperable.
So sorry to read that. My thoughts and prayers with Hilary, her family and all those who have similar news to deal with today. Is it wrong for me to be even more thankful for Monday and the "accidental" way my cancer was discovered and so quickly dealt with? The thought of what news others may have to deal with always crosses my mind looking at the other people in the clinic I attended Monday.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to read that. My thoughts and prayers with Hilary, her family and all those who have similar news to deal with today. Is it wrong for me to be even more thankful for Monday and the "accidental" way my cancer was discovered and so quickly dealt with? The thought of what news others may have to deal with always crosses my mind looking at the other people in the clinic I attended Monday.
No, it definitely isn't wrong for you to be even more thankful for Monday and the 'accidental' way your cancer was discovered and so quickly dealt with.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@gennepher lovely to see Popeye in the rose bush. He is looking at something really intently.
Has I said I would post last nights evening meal of salad and cheese my bloods went up to 9.1 it was probably the sandwich in afternoon has I have this meal regularly it doesn’t usually go up more than 2 units.K

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh that is so sad. Bowel cancer is very nasty.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No, it is not wrong to even more thankful for Monday.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Has I said I would post last nights evening meal of salad and cheese my bloods went up to 9.1 it was probably the sandwich in afternoon has I have this meal regularly it doesn’t usually go up more than 2 units.K
Yes, I think you are right and it is the sandwich that has made your blood sugar go up.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a chill in the air start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. All windows that open are now open since we found out that the horse had bolted during the night. Both of us tested positive this morning - boo, hiss. How do I get my supplies of wine delivered now - oh! Online of course. We are going to need a veg box as well. Best get onto a supermarket then.

View attachment 52885
Oh no:arghh:. Thank you for generously sharing the art even in such dire times. I sincerely hope both yourself and Mrs Miggins have the mildest of symptoms and are soon back to the absolute rudest of rude health. Perhaps this quirky piece may provide some light relief. Wednesday is a personal favourite of mine and so "on point." Just remember, however bad you may feel looking at Micky Fab will always reassure you that it could all be so much worse:angelic:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

View attachment 52885
Hi dunelm hope your soon well after testing positive for Covid K

Reactions: dunelm