What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Last year I saw the doctor with stress, she sad first steps would help. I approached them and they said they would help. I said I would like to try CBT? They have not done anything they just send me questions about how I feel and they are almost totally irrevlant.
How are continual reviews going to help with anything?
Its a tick box exercise
The flaunching came off my chimney in the December gales...the builder came yesterday pm and fixed it. That was the best for one source of anxiety.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last year I saw the doctor with stress, she sad first steps would help. I approach them and they said they would help. I said I would like to try CBT? They have not done anything they just send me questions about how I feel and they are almost totally errevlant.
How are contual revews going to help with anything?
Its a tick box exercise
The flaunching came of my chimney in the December gales...the builder came yesterday pm and fixed it. That was the best for one source of anxiety.
Hug for anxiety but Bravo for the builder. Stay warm, safe and shelter under the wing of God. I know Derek is a believer and apologise to those of different faiths., none at all or agnostics.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last year I saw the doctor with stress, she sad first steps would help. I approach them and they said they would help. I said I would like to try CBT? They have not done anything they just send me questions about how I feel and they are almost totally errevlant.
How are contual revews going to help with anything?
Its a tick box exercise
The flaunching came off my chimney in the December gales...the builder came yesterday pm and fixed it. That was the best for one source of anxiety.

Hi @lindisfel

I sympathise deeply.

I am a practical man.

I like to sort a problem if I can

I had one 2 one therapy
Useful, but only in so far as sharing a problem helps

The CBT I found way more useful.
Akin to exercises to recover muscle or dexterity after an accident .

One was to place worries into REAL or HYPOTHETICAL.

Another was to see the worries as cars, while sat by the road.
The speed and noise included

By placing myself on a nearby hill observing the same traffic, the speed & the noise reduced.
It gave me a clearer view of the issues

All of it a little difficult to take in, much like explaining breathing is hard, but something we simply do

So others may not find it as useful as I did.

My private medical (work) gave me 1 to 1 chat in weeks
The CBT, via NHS was months to get seen
Buy very much worth the wait for me.

Much online to Google if that helps.
Not dissimilar to how the actual meetings went

Just a bit nicer to have the reasonings and logic explained in a more personal way, to ensure j understood it.

I doubt you would struggle with any of that, while investigating some of the control exercises online while you await appointment.

Like I say, I found CBT to be useful and worth the wait to be seen.
But same help is online.

Good luck, my friend :).

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Spare a thought for the much maligned Neanderthals.
A straight 7 on that wayward meter this Morening.
This morning me and me’s were taken food shopping then allowed to sit in the cafe, but not allowed any beverages or sustenance. Yep Mrs J caught me slipping random items in other peoples trollies…..again.
Shock horror Prof Van Tam is going back into academia. In my humble opinion he and Professor Chris Whitty have been correct in all their predictions since the beginning of this pandemic. He will be missed.
Good news France is lifting it’s restrictions on visitors from Gt Britain, but it does raise the question has its neighbour invaded again…..joke ok
Stay safe all and it is still dangerous out there.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last year I saw the doctor with stress, she sad first steps would help. I approach them and they said they would help. I said I would like to try CBT? They have not done anything they just send me questions about how I feel and they are almost totally irrevlant.
How are contual reviews going to help with anything?
Its a tick box exercise
Sending you questions to answer is a bit low. I have had CBT in the past - quite a long time ago. It was once a week for 40 minute sessions - took some time but it really helped. Well done that builder.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi @lindisfel

I sympathise deeply.

I am a practical man.

I like to sort a problem if I can

I had one 2 one therapy
Useful, but only in so far as sharing a problem helps

The CBT I found way more useful.
Akin to exercises to recover muscle or dexterity after an accident .

One was to place worries into REAL or HYPOTHETICAL.

Another was to see the worries as cars, while sat by the road.
The speed and noise included

By placing myself on a nearby hill observing the same traffic, the speed & the noise reduced.
It gave me a clearer view of the issues

All of it a little difficult to take in, much like explaining breathing is hard, but something we simply do

So others may not find it as useful as I did.

My private medical (work) gave me 1 to 1 chat in weeks
The CBT, via NHS was months to get seen
Buy very much worth the wait for me.

Much online to Google if that helps.
Not dissimilar to how the actual meetings went

Just a bit nicer to have the reasonings and logic explained in a more personal way, to ensure j understood it.

I doubt you would struggle with any of that, while investigating some of the control exercises online while you await appointment.

Like I say, I found CBT to be useful and worth the wait to be seen.
But same help is online.

Good luck, my friend :).
Thank you jjraak, a man after my own heart

lindisfel

Expert
Sending you questions to answer is a bit low. I have had CBT in the past - quite a long time ago. It was once a week for 40 minute sessions - took some time but it really helped. Well done that builder.
I got an hours grilling this am when I had not filled in the form!
Exhausted by lunch time.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Oil tanker arrived eventually with 750 ltrs korosen this pm, hope it lasts whilst April.
Can start fire now since chimney is repaired and use alternative fuels.

I think come the 30 pluses we shall all have Jack Frost patterns on the wihdows like the 1950s.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone under what looks to be a cloudless sky here in the dark and dangerous north. What a fun packed day yesterday, most of it entirely unsupervised. How long does it take two blokes to fit a set of gates? Well three hours it seems. Very pleased with the result and the speed of processing; the guy only measured up and quoted mid December. Making gates is not as busy an occupation as being a plumber it seems. Mrs Miggins and her three sisters survived their trip to the theatre - Hairspray - not my cup of tea but they said that they enjoyed it. Bin day today so I am hoping for a good view of the cavalcade as it clatters down the street. Glad you finally got home @jjraak, nothing so good as sleeping in your own bed. Visit to the kitchen suppliers today to check design on their CAD machine and do some coatings - what fun! Have to be back by 1330 for my telephone consult with the spine clinic folk - lay it on thick according to my GP.

Hope that your today is better than your yesterday. Best make some koffy.

View attachment 52875
I like this , and I love your use of the yellow @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1

Tired today, so slept on couch.
Only just done pastel painting.
But I went in back garden for inspiration.
Saw the moon, cradled by my 35 foot rose tree. I don't know where the rose tree came from, the birds must have dropped a seed aeons ago, and it just grew straight upwards, not sideways like a rose bush usually does..

Good night.
After a hard days dozing on the couch by the sunny window, I am ready for bed...night night...

D8AFFFCB-7CEA-42A5-A4BF-328941CA0F8A.jpeg

Jojo85

Good morning,

5.9 this morning, which isn't a surprise as I over ate at my sisters birthday lol
Oh well back to routine today and a nice walk!

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1

Saw the moon, cradled by my 35 foot rose tree. I don't know where the rose tree came from, the birds must have dropped a seed aeons ago, and it just grew straight upwards, not sideways like a rose bush usually does..

Good night.
After a hard days dozing on the couch by the sunny window, I am ready for bed...night night...

View attachment 52882
Sleep well. Thanks for the creative - Popeye is very prominent in that one.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG @ 2.40am was 6.7
Eat lunch out veg soup and sandwich with cheese ham and tomato plus salad couldn’t do BG testing.
Evening meal BG @ 6.55pm was 6.1 before food test again 2hrs after food @ 8.55pm will post this result tomorrow.K

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1

Good night.

View attachment 52882
@gennepher lovely to see Popeye in the rose bush. He is looking at something really intently.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure which fbg to post. Poppy wanted to go in the garden early this morning. Fbg 4.4. Went back to bed for an hour listened to radio 4. Got up at normal time - blood sugar 5.5.