What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning Everyone up at crack of Dawn again
BG this morning was 6.9mmol
Increase in Gliclizide seems to be helping but Frusomide throws it out, but I will check this out later after I take it.
My lovely granddaughter and boyfriend came for evening meal with there young Pug dog Pablo I really love seeing them but we always have a chocolate cake for them has it’s their favourite and cake is my downfall not having had anything sweet since before New Year’s Day. But it’s a blip now I’m back on track today, But it’s our Great Grandson’s 2nd Birthday on Sunday so OH No BIRTHDAY CAKE let’s put it down to Two Blips in one week and get over it shall we. Have a great Day everyone.K

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Very unusual to get fbgs in the 4s two days running. Actually I think that this is the first time ever that it has happened.
Another busy day ahead so am just finishing coffee before the dog walk.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of an overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
Afternoon tea yesterday was a real winner, with plenty left over to take home for supper, burp! I plumped for a savoury version that was more carb friendly - not by much I would guess but still, no cake and bun things to face. A pleasant three hours in any case. Debate yesterday on another forum about who says that they have some “messages” to do- Mrs Miggins certainly does. It’s a common phrase hereabouts, strengthened by having a Scottish father. Not by my side of the family though, we hail from the South - South Yorkshire. Girl in the bubble here last night - she seems to have settled but is still producing rivers from her nose.
A bit of burned orange in the art for today, hope you all have a pleasant and accident free day. Time for a koffy.

upload_2022-2-5_8-22-28.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all UK Threadites and Good Afternoon, in a Richie Benaud voice, @Jojo85 (Alexa tells me it is 3.30 pm in Sydney as I type). Still no known fbg to report - so call me reckless, why dontcha? Manifesting hove into view a few days ago. May interest a few. Personally, I'mma continue asking and thanking God not the universe - far better (perfect actually) track record - but YMMV. Gym and SSSF with halloumi fries top notch yesterday. Sudden desire for buffalo steak today but my only known source for that is back in The Old Country. I also want a "Posh chicken" so maybe risk COVID and Diamonds and Rust. @Krystyna23040 wonderful two day fbg, build in some rest if at all possible. @karen8967 is that fbg on the edge of Jelly babies or glory. (So I referenced Gaga - what's your point?) @lindisfel I hope yesterday's accident isn't painful or inhibiting. I suspect sound advice from your daughter will be incoming and cheered to the echo by The Duchess. I also suspect th'ole fenboy has a tin ear when it suits. Will I acquire buffalo or posh chicken? Will England, Cambridge United and Spurs all win? Moscow, big agenda to manifest. Meanwhile, in SW1A some fiend is playing this on loop. Cressida is on the case:D

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all UK Threadites and Good Afternoon, in a Richie Benaud voice, @Jojo85 (Alexa tells me it is 3.30 pm as I type). Still no known fbg to report - so call me reckless, why dontcha? Manifesting hove into view a few days ago. May interest a few. Personally, I'mma continue asking and thanking God not the universe - far better (perfect actually) track record - but YMMV. Gym and SSSF with halloumi fries top notch yesterday. Sudden desire for buffalo steak today but my only known source for that is back in The Old Country. I also want a "Posh chicken" so maybe risk COVID and Diamonds and Rust. @Krystyna23040 wonderful two day fbg, build in some rest if at all possible. @karen8967 is that fbg on the edge of Jelly babies or glory. (So I referenced Gaga - what's your point?) @lindisfel I hope yesterday's accident isn't painful or inhibiting. I suspect sound advice from your daughter will be incoming and cheered to the echo by The Duchess. I also suspect th'ole fenboy has a tin ear when it suits. Will I acquire buffalo or posh chicken? Will England, Cambridge United and Spurs all win? Moscow, big agenda to manifest. Meanwhile, in SW1A some fiend is playing this on loop. Cressida is on the case:D
Odd that Oprah manifestly didn’t think royally for long about televised ‘interviews’. Does the thought of a quick pile of the shiney shiney muddy the waters? Poor old Joan Baez but she did eventually see the light when it came to her pal Bob. Got to love Billy and what a fab pick

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Odd that Oprah manifestly didn’t think royally for long about televised ‘interviews’. Does the thought of a quick pile of the shiney shiney muddy the waters? Poor old Joan Baez but she did eventually see the light when it came to her pal Bob. Got to love Billy and what a fab pick
Thank you kind Sir. Many thanks as always for sharing the art and I'm so glad the Afternoon Tea was a success. Interesting phrase "some messages to do" - "see a man about a dog" was used when I were a lad. Enjoy your time with TGIB. It may be trite but very true that they grow up so quickly.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fog 6.8

It has gone up.
But I ate correctly yesterday.
However, I have just pulled an all nighter, adding more to the memories project.
And I was proofreading, and then more memories crept round the corner...
I made several back up copies because there was a possibility when working on these words all day in the potting shed with only a brief nap in the evening last night, and then solid work writing and remembering and proofreading for another 8 hours straight (with cups of caffeine tea to keep me going), there was a possibility my fingers might touch the wrong button...

I have just had my eye mask on to soothe my eyes for half an hour. I have the bedroom door open into the garden (I am under my warm blankets in bed!) despite it being 2 deg C. The cold air is lovely and fresh on my face and eyes. I believe it is going to rain, the humidity thingy is creeping up on my wall - good for my eyes.

The sparrows and female blackbird looked at me in horror initially, I have not had the bedroom door open early morning at dawn for a long time. But then they decided it might still be me in that bed, so came back, and Miss Blackbird (I might be able to call her Mrs soon), came right up to my open door and is taking out nesting material out of my coir doormats. She looks at me as if to say 'Don't be frightened, I am only getting nesting material for my eggs'. About 3 years ago, the then Mrs Blackbird would come in my bedroom on to my bed with a mouthful of worms. Then she flew back to the nesting area. Mr Blackbird won't have anything to do with me.

Now, a moment later, the beautiful ginger cat is here at 'Gennepher's Cat Diner', he (?) has just come to my open door, looked at me, and appeared to say 'Good, they have let you out of your cage...', and then walked away.

A moment later the ginger cat I call Biscuit has appeared for his breakfast, looked round the open door to say hi, patrolled round the garden, and left.

Mr Robin has just darted to the cat bowl, checked his surroundings, taken a biscuit and flown off.

Mrs Blackbird is on the high up (cat proof) on the bird table, ready to sound the alarm for all the birds. I am going to call her Mrs Blackbird now...she is very protective and maternally minded. Mr Blackbird is another matter, very chauvinistic and a bully to all other birds, but he was a wimp when the magpie appeared...

This is so relaxing for me...

Back to memoirs. I have come a long way from that silent deaf child who didn't start to learn to speak until she was seven, and that was a long struggle. Words I hated, horrible things. And I couldn't write to express my thoughts (obviously with hindsight I didn't have the words to do this), and even at the age of 10 and 11 years old I still did cartoon drawing strips (coloured in with pencils), to fully express what I wanted to say. It got me in trouble with the teachers who thought I was being lazy. At that time (1950's) no one thought to give this deaf child extra help with verbal language or construction of it. And so I have always struggled with this.

This was meant to be a short post. I think I have got verbal diarrhoea with writing all night. This memories project the grandchildren asked for, has turned out to be a cathartic process for me, helped me to understand, and laying many ghosts to rest.

I shall stop writing now.

My creative for today is actually my postcard sized sketches in a pile, photographed on my silly blue dippy sheep lap tray, put into a kaleidoscope app, played with in Snapseed using colour curves, and then popped into Procreate to create a pixelated Popeye, so tiny that it might be unseeable however much you can zoom in. The file is jpeg and is a lossy format, so the picture of Popeye might degrade beyond recognition...we'll see.

Time for coffee and a cooked breakfast...

Have the best day you possibly can!

7D365F4C-3702-4CC3-9318-CB7025F23B13.jpeg

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all UK Threadites and Good Afternoon, in a Richie Benaud voice, @Jojo85 (Alexa tells me it is 3.30 pm as I type). Still no known fbg to report - so call me reckless, why dontcha? Manifesting hove into view a few days ago. May interest a few. Personally, I'mma continue asking and thanking God not the universe - far better (perfect actually) track record - but YMMV. Gym and SSSF with halloumi fries top notch yesterday. Sudden desire for buffalo steak today but my only known source for that is back in The Old Country. I also want a "Posh chicken" so maybe risk COVID and Diamonds and Rust. @Krystyna23040 wonderful two day fbg, build in some rest if at all possible. @karen8967 is that fbg on the edge of Jelly babies or glory. (So I referenced Gaga - what's your point?) @lindisfel I hope yesterday's accident isn't painful or inhibiting. I suspect sound advice from your daughter will be incoming and cheered to the echo by The Duchess. I also suspect th'ole fenboy has a tin ear when it suits. Will I acquire buffalo or posh chicken? Will England, Cambridge United and Spurs all win? Moscow, big agenda to manifest. Meanwhile, in SW1A some fiend is playing this on loop. Cressida is on the case:D

Hello ianpspurs I’ve been wondering what I could replace the sweet potato fries with, your post says you use halloumi fries from one of your post I presume you buy them from Waitrose Supermarket could you let me in on where you buy them. Never had Halloumi in any shape or form but I have seen something on supermarket shelf that mentioned Halloumi it will be interesting to see what it tastes of and have a more healthy option has sweet potato and carrot fries though good increase BG level for myself. K

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fog 6.8

It has gone up.
However, I have just pulled an all nighter, adding more to the memories project.
I made several back up copies because there was a possibility when working on these words all day in the potting shed with only a brief nap in the evening last night, and then solid work writing and remembering and proofreading for another 8 hours straight (with cups of caffeine tea to keep me going), there was a possibility my fingers might touch the wrong button...

I have just had my eye mask on to soothe my eyes for half an hour. I have the bedroom door open into the garden (I am under my warm blankets in bed!) despite it being 2 deg C. The cold air is lovely and fresh on my face and eyes. I believe it is going to rain, the humidity thingy is creeping up on my wall - good for my eyes.

The sparrows and female blackbird looked at me in horror initially, I have not had the bedroom door open early morning at dawn for a long time. But then they decided it might still be me in that bed, so came back, and Miss Blackbird (I might be able to call her Mrs soon, came right up to my open door and is taking out nesting material out of my coir doormats. She looks at me as if to say 'Don't be frightened, I am only getting nesting material for my eggs'. About 3 years ago, the then Mrs Blackbird would come in my bedroom on to my bed with a mouthful of worms. Then she flew back to the nesting area. Mr Blackbird won't have anything to do with me.

Now, a moment later, the beautiful ginger cat is here at 'Gennepher's Cat Diner', he (?) has just come to my open door, looked at me, and appeared to say 'Good, they have let you out of your cage...', and then walked away.

A moment later the ginger cat I call Biscuit has appeared for his breakfast, looked round the open door to say hi, patrolled round the garden, and left.

Mr Robin has just darted to the cat bowl, checked his surroundings, taken a biscuit and flown off.

Mrs Blackbird is on the high up (cat proof) on the bird table, ready to sound the alarm for all the birds. I am going to call her Mrs Blackbird now...she is very protective and maternally minded. Mr Blackbird is another matter, very chauvinistic and a bully to all other birds, but he was a wimp when the magpie appeared...

Back to memoirs. I have come a long way from that silent deaf child who didn't start to learn to speak until she was seven, and that was a long struggle. Words I hated, horrible things. And I couldn't write to express my thoughts (obviously with hindsight I didn't have the words to do this), and even at the age of 10 and 11 years old I still did cartoon drawing strips (coloured in with pencils), to fully express what I wanted to say. It got me in trouble with the teachers who thought I was being lazy. At that time (1950's) no one thought to give this deaf child extra help with verbal language or construction of it. And so I have always struggled with this.

This was meant to be a short post. I think I have got verbal diarrhoea with writing all night. This memories project the grandchildren asked for, has turned out to be a cathartic process for me, helped me to understand, and laying many ghosts to rest.

My creative for today is actually my postcard sized sketches in a pile, photographed on my silly blue dippy sheep lap tray, put into a kaleidoscope app, played with in Snapseed using colour curves, and then popped into Procreate to create a pixelated Popeye, so tiny that it might be unseeable however much you can zoom in. The file is jpeg and is a lossy format, so the picture of Popeye might degrade beyond recognition...we'll see.

View attachment 53208

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fog 6.8

It has gone up.

The sparrows and female blackbird looked at me in horror initially, I have not had the bedroom door open early morning at dawn for a long time. But then they decided it might still be me in that bed, so came back, and Miss Blackbird (I might be able to call her Mrs soon, came right up to my open door and is taking out nesting material out of my coir doormats. She looks at me as if to say 'Don't be frightened, I am only getting nesting material for my eggs'. About 3 years ago, the then Mrs Blackbird would come in my bedroom on to my bed with a mouthful of worms. Then she flew back to the nesting area. Mr Blackbird won't have anything to do with me.

View attachment 53208
Amazing post on so many levels. Personally, I'm glad you went with the flow and posted so much - no, not so much just enough to explain and gently guide me somewhere I would otherwise never have been. Thank you. Those early tribulations seem to have made you extra determined to communicate at such a high level. Glorious creative today and I'm in awe of someone opening a door to their bedroom that early in February. I hope the coffee and cooked breakfast go/went down a treat. Take care you are a very special person.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello ianpspurs I’ve been wondering what I could replace the sweet potato fries with, your post says you use halloumi fries from one of your post I presume you buy them from Waitrose Supermarket could you let me in on where you buy them. Never had Halloumi in any shape or form but I have seen something on supermarket shelf that mentioned Halloumi it will be interesting to see what it tastes of and have a more healthy option has sweet potato and carrot fries though good increase BG level for myself. K
Hi @Granny_grump_ We also buy haloumi from Aldi, Sainsbury's (in extremis) and Morrisons. The Waitrose one is English and seems to have the lowest carbs and salt - it is this one. I introduced a posh Cypriot hotel to haloumi fries:D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-05 09.29.12.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-05 09.29.12.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fog 6.8

It has gone up.

Have the best day you possibly
What a totally mesmerising picture takes me back to my childhood I absolutely loved my kaleidoscope all those beautiful shapes the colours I always found them a magical thing to see, still do.
You are a very talented person and you put words together that is lovely to read your grandchildren will read about your life and treasure it forever. CARRY ON GIVING PLEASURE TO ONE AND ALL VERY BEST WISHES TO YOU. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @Granny_grump_ We also but hallloumi from Aldi, Sainsbury's (in extremis) and Morrisons. The Waitrose one is English and seems to have the lowest carbs and salt - it is this one. I introduced a posh Cypriot hotel to halloumi fries:D
Thank you I will look out for them at the supermarket much appreciated.K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fog 6.8

It has gone up.

The sparrows and female blackbird looked at me in horror initially, I have not had the bedroom door open early morning at dawn for a long time. But then they decided it might still be me in that bed, so came back, and Miss Blackbird (I might be able to call her Mrs soon), came right up to my open door and is taking out nesting material out of my coir doormats. She looks at me as if to say 'Don't be frightened, I am only getting nesting material for my eggs'. About 3 years ago, the then Mrs Blackbird would come in my bedroom on to my bed with a mouthful of worms. Then she flew back to the nesting area. Mr Blackbird won't have anything to do with me.

View attachment 53208
Fog 6.8

It has gone up.

View attachment 53208
Fabulous K

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Amazing post on so many levels. Personally, I'm glad you went with the flow and posted so much - no, not so much just enough to explain and gently guide me somewhere I would otherwise never have been. Thank you. Those early tribulations seem to have made you extra determined to communicate at such a high level. Glorious creative today and I'm in awe of someone opening a door to their bedroom that early in February. I hope the coffee and cooked breakfast go/went down a treat. Take care you are a very special person.
Thank you very much for your words @ianpspurs

I do appreciate them. Especially as you were a teacher initially, I presume, then a headmaster I believe you said some time ago. They were not my favourite people in the 1950's. There was no understanding then there. Just harshness.

1950's was not a good time for a child with deafness disabilities. You are right, my whole life has been about communication, no matter how inadequate I appeared to be at it in my early days. But I wasn't inadequate, I always did my best to communicate (and legged it when I got into trouble for trying to).

The bedroom door open to the garden is amazingly fresh and invigorating and uplifting. And clears any cobwebs, physically and mentally.
Dare I ask you to try it?
:)
Actually, I have my second dressing gown on, and a pair of fingerless mittens on (so I can type on here!). I am not that hardy!

Thank you Ian. You have your best day today.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much for your words @ianpspurs

I do appreciate them. Especially as you were a teacher initially, I presume, then a headmaster I believe you said some time ago. They were not my favourite people in the 1950's. There was no understanding then there. Just harshness.

1950's was not a good time for a child with deafness disabilities. You are right, my whole life has been about communication, no matter how inadequate I appeared to be at it in my early days. But I wasn't inadequate, I always did my best to communicate (and legged it when I got into trouble for trying to).

The bedroom door open to the garden is amazingly fresh and invigorating and uplifting. And clears any cobwebs, physically and mentally.
Dare I ask you to try it?
:)
Actually, I have my second dressing gown on, and a pair of fingerless mittens on (so I can type on here!). I am not that hardy!

Thank you Ian. You have your best day today.
Of course you may ask. I do not like the cold so I will respectfully decline.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Ian.
You have an amazing day.
Oh, and I'm no fan of dressing gowns either. My amazing day has so far involved buying a fairly posh chicken* and a visit from 2 grandchildren. My first post gave my criteria for an amazing day - wins for England rugby plus Cambridge Utd and Spurs. I suspect England and Cambridge will lose but I promise not to cry myself to sleep.
Edit: I only ventured a short distance into Cambs but also bought a shoulder of Lamb reared by the farm shop on the Euston Estate. The buffalo is reared on site deeper into Cambs. I genuinely can't find suitable produce in Breckland.

Last edited: