What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Shadow slept on the swing last night, to make sure she was first in the queue for breakfast.
But something came along in the undergrowth. And Shadow rushed towards the undergrowth in defensive mode. Didn't enter the undergrowth, but stayed there in lashing tail mode. So I sat on the swing and called her to come for her food. And I stayed on the swing until she had finished. Because of that, she didn't bolt her food.

She went off. I refilled the wet food, and now we have the parade of the ginger cats. The ginger cats enter my garden from the back where there is a roofless derelict garage. And Calico comes in that way also. So what was in the undergrowth, on the other side of the garden, that Shadow took umbridge to, I have no idea...

Stuff to do now...so bye for now...

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. It is last night's sunset. Rather beautiful, and made a nice delicate kaleidoscope. Procreate to draw Popeye in. Snapseed for name and frame.

View attachment 54037
This one is very good, beautiful colours, like Chinese silk.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Stranger in camp this morning.:D Haven't been testing for a while for various reasons so didn't feel right to post but have been following all your posts with genuine interest. My fbs today was 11.6. Yesterday it was 12.1. Two hours later it went up to 15.8 and 2 hours before evening meal was 21.1! :arghh: Following a telephone consultation with a doctor I had a face to face appointment with a different doctor. I am now on antibiotics whilst awaiting the results form a sample sent to the hospital. I am in total admiration for all of you on here who have such good control over blood sugar levels. Have a happy Sunday you lovely people whatever you have planned.:)
Good to hear from you @dogslife and I hope that the antibiotics do the job and that the sample results are favourable. Take care.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning....lol

Or evening

A lazy day today

Kicked off with a heady 7.7..:rolleyes:

Hand hurting just from using yesterday, so poor sleep.
no real heavy work, just ached so it got a day off today

Leg too, knee pain that doctor warned of, seems to be living up to its billing of being the one, every one of his patients complain of most

Tried being a brave soldier, but even Lauren giving me side eye, spotted my grumpy nature today.

Constantly shifting, while binge watching TopBoy, had me admitting to just not being able to get comfortable anywhere or way I laid.

Otherwise it's been a nice chilled day

Madames doing 'performance Pilates' I think she said

Came home, totally wrung out from it

Says it's benches, straps and resistance...
Sound more like an episode of Tenko.:wideyed:

And of course she's going back for more..lol
Nutter, but fair play to her
Game, and she ain't giving up without a fight xx

Video appointment in morning for hand Therapy.
Not going to be happy.

Trip to hospital other day too much for me driving , leaves me aching for days after .

Had offers of help, but early start, so I didn't want to put anyone out

Talking to cousin, who put me right
As much as it hurt, she's told me straight, I'm just not at a stage right now to be able do things like that alone ...:sorry:

However, getting close to being able to use public transport again, so next long trip I won't be so reliant on the car, God Willing.

So prepared for some tutting, tomorrow/today at hands lack of flexibility.

I doubt they mean it, but it can seem like life stops..so we can apply physio,
But sadly every situation, if your not confined to bed for months brings muscles etc into play.

And leg still requires gutter crutch, with its attendant strain on the hand, and so it goes, round & round :banghead::sorry:

Ho hum.
Each day's one step closer to improvement.

Enjoy your day, all.:).

I have found that driving at present for more that a bit of shopping is really not on. Far too painful and perhaps a danger to other road users. Massive frustration of course and I know what you mean by not getting comfortable. Day 2 after my long walk and back is protesting - tramadol has been dug out so hopefully back will calm down as I go into sloth mode for the day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

All as usual at gennepher's cat diner yesterday.
All present and correct.
Except I did not out the peanuts on the little bird table.
Mr Magpie came, and grumbled to me at the lack of service.
Where was his peanuts?
As soon as he flew off, I put those peanuts out.
And all the little sparrows queued up for the peanuts while Mr Blackbird was on alarm watch.
Mr Blackbird hated those sparrows last year with a passion, but his missus has been training him well, and he is now guardian of the sparrow flock.
It is funny to watch, because the sparrows now copy his actions!

Creative kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Believe it or not the sun made an appearance yesterday (today is pouring rain), so this was taken through the nets. Then Procreate to hide Popeye behind those nets, and Snapseed for name and frame.

No time for another coffee sadly, I have to prepare for something...

View attachment 54049
Another smashing kaleidoscopic art piece.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very wet a dreary start here in the dark and dangerous north
Still, the rain that has been pounding down for the past few hours has now stopped and a weak sun is trying to break through the clouds. Birds are venturing from under whatever cover they were sheltering under so that may bode well for a while and the Dark Skies app is indicating that the clouds will now be holidaying further south. Clearing out the last of our goods and chattels from our little house on the prairie which, all being well, will be sold today. We can use the money to pay for next months utility bills and to fill up the car with petrol more valuable than the car itself. Was there a boat race yesterday - don’t feel blue if you missed it.
Art bit - a splash of orange. Have a wonderful day if you can. I shall take a tramadol and wash it down with a pot of koffy.

upload_2022-4-4_7-33-46.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Horrible weather - really wet and windy for the dog walk according to Mr K who took the dogs out while I relaxed in the warm with a coffee. I really did appreciative him taking the dogs out. He said that the wind chill was worse than the rain.

Will probably leave a bit earlier this morning for Norwich in case the A47 is bad.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a very wet a dreary start here in the dark and dangerous north
Still, the rain that has been pounding down for the past few hours has now stopped and a weak sun is trying to break through the clouds. Birds are venturing from under whatever cover they were sheltering under so that may bode well for a while and the Dark Skies app is indicating that the clouds will now be holidaying further south. Clearing out the last of our goods and chattels from our little house on the prairie which, all being well, will be sold today. We can use the money to pay for next months utility bills and to fill up the car with petrol more valuable than the car itself. Was there a boat race yesterday - don’t feel blue if you missed it.
Art bit - a splash of orange. Have a wonderful day if you can. I shall take a tramadol and wash it down with a pot of koffy.

View attachment 54050
Absolutely great Art bit @dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a dreary, wet and chilly area of the Unexotic East. Swipey becomes less reliable towards the 14th day but 5.4 is entirely possible if neither inspiring nor especially pleasing. Hugs for the pain @dunelm and @jjraak. Thank you both for the good wishes for JKP who is still following the bed rest route. Good? news on the sale of LHOP @dunelm - shall you be able to stretch to eggs with the proceeds? Thanks for the art and implied commiserations for the light blue male rowers. @gennepher more wonderfully observed wildlife stories, interesting you observe things I would ignore. Your kaleidoscope today really evoked - in my mind - images of the attached and various icons from Greek/Eastern Orthodox Christianity. @Jojo85 don't fret over the snacking. @Krystyna23040 looking outside Mr K really took one for the team with that dog walk - what a guy. Stay warm, stay safe, avoid low flying fake news and world leading gaslighting.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-04 08.35.46.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-04 08.35.46.png
    368.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, but not those who panic bought petrol, diesel and cooking oil. How can anybody panic buy fuel at today’s prices? Where did I find this information? Thanks to the British Biased Corporation.

On that meter this morning a 4.9 greeted me, drat calculation time again. Their was me thinking I’d finished with mathematics years ago.
Oh dear Mrs J is stirring and I’m on tea duty, back in a few minutes if allowed :banghead:
Whoops, bye for now. Have a great safe day.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Ooh horrible feeling with those numbers jumping like that

Definitely something awry.

Hope the antibiotics put an end to whatever it is, and returns you to your more usual numbers

Hugs. Xxx
Many thanks@jjraak. I wish you a good recovery too.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It is a nightmare trying to control those figures. There seems no rhyme or reason for them at times.
Take care @dogslife
Thank you@gennepher. Your reports of garden wildlife and your kaleidoscopes always cheer me.:happy:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
[QUOTE="alf_Josiah, post: 250227 British Biased Corporation.
How's the weather in Mar- a-Largo?[/QUOTE]
As expected for this time of reality and dimension
Stay well
DT

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

View attachment 54050
Good luck for the sale@dunelm. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No FBG today as woke very hungry in early hours and pigged out on cheese.
Forgot to post yesterday and again no FBG.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Take it easy but at least you are in the best country in the world for cheese apart from ............ (insert country of choice here)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A hug because it seemed to bother you
And even the strongest will power can wilt with such an implacable foe, aka our bodies

And a win, because we shouldn't be that hungry, and the solution IS to eat when we're that hungry

So I think it was the right call.
X

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from a dreary, wet and chilly area of the Unexotic East. Swipey becomes less reliable towards the 14th day but 5.4 is entirely possible if neither inspiring nor especially pleasing. Hugs for the pain @dunelm and @jjraak. Thank you both for the good wishes for JKP who is still following the bed rest route. Good? news on the sale of LHOP @dunelm - shall you be able to stretch to eggs with the proceeds? Thanks for the art and implied commiserations for the light blue male rowers. @gennepher more wonderfully observed wildlife stories, interesting you observe things I would ignore. Your kaleidoscope today really evoked - in my mind - images of the attached and various icons from Greek/Eastern Orthodox Christianity. @Jojo85 don't fret over the snacking. @Krystyna23040 looking outside Mr K really took one for the team with that dog walk - what a guy. Stay warm, stay safe, avoid low flying fake news and world leading gaslighting.
Thanks Ian
:)