What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and others of confused gender.
This morning a 5.5 on that meter of @*&”%¥$§ and other such descriptors.
Many thanks for the comments on my ultrasound scan yesterday, the scan went well and the radiologist reported no change since last year, which I shall take as a positive.
Worryingly the radiologist also said they remembered me from last year….perhaps I had flatulence last year as well. All being well if I don’t wear a mask next year they might not recognise me.
Hand and foot note the gel was warmed in the fridge again.
Stay safe all.
That cold gel would have me rushing for the 'little room'...

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all on a bright, sunny Friday. Fbs today was 11.7 and not a chocolate bunny in sight. May plant some seeds today. I found some outdated packets during the house move but reckon it's worth a try then wait to see what happens. Enjoy your day folks. :)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings everyone on another Super Salmon Salad Friday here:woot: Quite rightly, your mileage may vary - it really does take all sorts. No Swipey so fbg unknown and unmissed if I'm honest. I must bestir myself and enrich Abbott's shareholders but there's no rush as their last dividends were good (1.52%). @dunelm thank you for the art and chuckle at the Good Friday quip. As for bacon or lard - do have mine. However, these are fine if a tad along the lines of let them eat cake. Garden awards? As long as there is a well manicured real lawn, winner for me. Some fruit trees and veg beds would be ideal. Why do folks spoil things with flowers and shrubs? (JKP is not about) @gennepher more wonderful Tales of Gennepher's Diner and thanks for sharing the creative - sent a chill through me but I'm odd. Attached made me chortle especially as folks hereabouts are working themselves into a frenzy over this. The death of the NIMBY has clearly been greatly exaggerated or used to justify more concern for house prices than the planet/fuel poverty/most other things. It appears "learn to live with ..." is now code for "my donors don't care if you are suffering so suck it up poor people." Much more parsimonious and gaslighty. One can either laugh at that, cry buckets or wait for God to judge - all have gone astray. What's your stance?
Thanks Ian

Maybe I will pop in M&S next time I see one...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian

Maybe I will pop in M&S next time I see one...
Do Ocado venture into your parts? I do realise they have a higher minimum order level than many so even that may be a problem. Just an idea.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do Ocado venture into your parts? I do realise they have a higher minimum order level than many so even that may be a problem. Just an idea.
I have never seen Ocado round here, but in any case when I meet my friend in England next, there is an M&S where we park!Thanks.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another dawn promising some sunshine here in the dark and dangerous north
Market day - should I stay or should I go? If I go there will be trouble. If I stay it will be double. Thats the clash. Still, only once a month but we now need to know if the lady selling Russian pies has made a name change - strange old world. Also, I want to nip into Sainsbury and see if they are now stocking their new range of meat based crisps, pioneered by @ianpspurs. Interesting snippet, Mrs Miggins’ ancestor, the Scottish Jacobite Lord Lovat was beheaded on Tower Hill, London, for high treason on this day in 1747. I must tell some Americans, “do you know the Queen?”
Art bit, a stroke with a large brush on wet paper and a small boat. I hope that your Saturday is a fine and pleasant one. I shall now head for the koffy making stuff.

upload_2022-4-9_7-41-44.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another dawn promising some sunshine here in the dark and dangerous north
Market day - should I stay or should I go? If I go there will be trouble. If I stay it will be double. Thats the clash. Still, only once a month but we now need to know if the lady selling Russian pies has made a name change - strange old world. Also, I want to nip into Sainsbury and see if they are now stocking their new range of meat based crisps, pioneered by @ianpspurs. Interesting snipped, Mrs Miggins’ ancestor, the Scottish Jacobite Lord Lovat was beheaded on Tower Hill, London, for high treason on this day in 1747. I must tell some Americans, “do you know the Queen?”
Art bit, a stroke with a large brush on wet paper and a small boat. I hope that your Saturday is a fine and pleasant one. I shall now head for the koffy making stuff.

View attachment 54091
Only you can decide whether to have trouble or double trouble...
If you get those meat based crisps give us a review please...

Single large brush stroke line is very effective, the tree line reflecting in the water @dunelm
There is so much detail in that brush stroke line.

Enjoy your coffee!

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Shadow was absent all day yesterday, but as I came out of the potting shed (my writing den at this current moment) late afternoon, she came to greet me, so I fed her.

gennepher's diner this morning - Mrs Blackbird had first dibs. Then Shadow rushed in for the wet food. Then business has gone quiet again. I blame that clock change. It is really 6:52 am....not 7:52 am...

Creative today. Ink painting with the Japanese Fude pens. But my hand is not steady enough to draw a delicate tree with the fine bristle Fude pen. I will look for my fine flexible Japanese Fude pen for tomorrow. That may be more controllable for me.

Also a second pic. A kaleidoscope of this painting with the Laboscope app.

Coffee time!
And maybe join Shadow who is swinging on my heavy wooden swing at this minute.
I have never figured out how cats actually make that heavy swing actually swing...all my cats would swing on it, and Popeye did as well.

AB1ACF2E-E531-41D6-B0B2-18EF56EDB33F.jpeg

50EE5943-CA97-4A95-B75B-D258A8D8D394.jpeg

Last edited:

Jojo85

Hello friends!

Fbg yesterday was 5.4
Fbg this morning was 5.3

Trying to cut down on snacking but I'm obsessed with mixed nuts lol and cheese. Hey at least low carb right haha

My nieces are on Easter break so they are sleeping over tomorrow. My fridge and pantry are stocked up with sugar and carb treats such as muffins, custard, lollies, chips (or crisps as you guys would say ) icecream , chocolate etc but these foods honestly don't tempt me anymore. I've been on low carb since July 2021 and haven't looked back!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello friends!

Fbg yesterday was 5.4
Fbg this morning was 5.3

Trying to cut down on snacking but I'm obsessed with mixed nuts lol and cheese. Hey at least low carb right haha

My nieces are on Easter break so they are sleeping over tomorrow. My fridge and pantry are stocked up with sugar and carb treats such as muffins, custard, lollies, chips (or crisps as you guys would say ) icecream , chocolate etc but these foods honestly don't tempt me anymore. I've been on low carb since July 2021 and haven't looked back!

You have a great weekend as well @Jojo85

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Only you can decide whether to have trouble or double trouble...
If you get those meat based crisps give us a review please...

Single large brush stroke line is very effective, the tree line reflecting in the water @dunelm
There is so much detail in that brush stroke line.

Enjoy your coffee!
Thank you @gennepher and I will let you know what I think of the crisps if I manage to get some

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Shadow was absent all day yesterday, but as I came out of the potting shed (my writing den at this current moment) late afternoon, she came to greet me, so I fed her.

gennepher's diner this morning - Mrs Blackbird had first dibs. Then Shadow rushed in for the wet food. Then business has gone quiet again. I blame that clock change. It is really 6:52 am....not 7:52 am...

Creative today. Ink painting with the Japanese Fude pens. But my hand is not steady enough to draw a delicate tree with the fine bristle Fude pen. I will look for my fine flexible Japanese Fude pen for tomorrow. That may be more controllable for me.

Also a second pic. A kaleidoscope of this painting with the Laboscope app.

Coffee time!
And maybe join Shadow who is swinging on my heavy wooden swing at this minute.
I have never figured out how cats actually make that heavy swing actually swing...all my cats would swing on it, and Popeye did as well.

View attachment 54092

View attachment 54093
A double treat today.and I like the yellow and blue theme

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends!

Fbg yesterday was 5.4
Fbg this morning was 5.3

Oh that all sounds like the fridge and pantry of temptation. Have a great weekend.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends!

Fbg yesterday was 5.4
Fbg this morning was 5.3

Really great that these foods don't tempt you anymore. I feel exactly the same. When I see them in the supermarket or a coffee shop I just think - yuk. They don't look appealing at all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning. Very very low blood sugars all day yesterday and very low on energy. This morning feel.much more normal.

No work today. Am on a Zoom course - Understanding Neurological Disorders - and how Pilates can help. Thank goodness I don't feel as tired as yesterday because, if the course notes are anything to go by, this course is really going to need a lot of brainpower to understand it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings all from a sunny but chilly Breckland. No Swipey no test here - Bob Marley's first attempt. @dunelm such a dilemma over #poshmarketgate, these first world problems are very important. They do tend to trip poor old Rishy up somewhat, bless. I fear you'll be bitterly disappointed if looking for meat based crisps in Sainsburys. M and S/ Ocado seem to be the place but YMMV. Thank you for today's art and be kind to Mrs Miggins in sympathy for her ancestor. @gennepher thank you for two creatives today. I liked the kaleidoscope better - found it less "threatening." When you are in M and S their rollitos are also a thing of beauty. I prefer these but there are a few choices. How do cats make a swing move - anyone have an answer? @Jojo85 enjoy the time with your nieces. Fridges and cupboards stocked with carby goodies is a very familiar scenario and I've never really believed those who claim they lose the taste/sense of pleasure from any off-piste activity. Yesterday I ate one of these - I calculated 8 gms carb - divine darling, divine. Also very hard to stop a toddler sharing a treat with granddad - not sure the odd sucked/partly melted malteser, white chocolate button etc will give me complications. On the other hand rejecting their gift would lodge deep in their psyche, IMHO. Kudos for your discipline whilst recognising the girls can handle and enjoy carbs. Posh frying pan to collect from Wai..... in Newmarket today, JKP is excited - lyrics. Stay safe, don't bet the farm on the big race but do eat yer greens and "moove abart a bitt" © Mr H Redknapp Esq King of the Jungle and Jam Roly-poly connoisseur. (Sanitised version)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning. Very very low blood sugars all day yesterday and very low on energy. This morning feel.much more normal.

No work today. Am on a Zoom course - Understanding Neurological Disorders - and how Pilates can help. Thank goodness I don't feel as tired as yesterday because, if the course notes are anything to go by, this course is really going to need a lot of brainpower to understand it.
Brainpower and Norfolk - well known medical acronym:angelic:

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings all from a sunny but chilly Breckland. No Swipey no test here - Bob Marley's first attempt. @dunelm such a dilemma over #poshmarketgate, these first world problems are very important. They do tend to trip poor old Rishy up somewhat, bless. I fear you'll be bitterly disappointed if looking for meat based crisps in Sainsburys. M and S/ Ocado seem to be the place but YMMV. Thank you for today's art and be kind to Mrs Miggins in sympathy for her ancestor. @gennepher thank you for two creatives today. I liked the kaleidoscope better - found it less "threatening." When you are in M and S their rollitos are also a thing of beauty. I prefer these but there are a few choices. How do cats make a swing move - anyone have an answer? @Jojo85 enjoy the time with your nieces. Fridges and cupboards stocked with carby goodies is a very familiar scenario and I've never really believed those who claim they lose the taste/sense of pleasure from any off-piste activity. Yesterday I ate one of these - I calculated 8 gms carb - divine darling, divine. Also very hard to stop a toddler sharing a treat with granddad - not sure the odd sucked/partly melted malteser, white chocolate button etc will give me complications. On the other hand rejecting their gift would lodge deep in their psyche, IMHO. Kudos for your discipline whilst recognising the girls can handle and enjoy carbs. Posh frying pan to collect from Wai..... in Newmarket today, JKP is excited - lyrics. Stay safe, don't bet the farm on the big race but do eat yer greens and "moove abart a bitt" © Mr H Redknapp Esq King of the Jungle and Jam Roly-poly connoisseur. (Sanitised version)
Hi @ianpspurs
Sorry you find my current paintings threatening. Can you tell me what it is about them that makes you feel that?
I love that HotelChocolat!
Maybe I should get my friend to meet there this week...
They always give away free samples you know!
But I do have to cross over the border to England....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ianpspurs
Sorry you find my current paintings threatening. Can you tell me what it is about them that makes you feel that?
I love that HotelChocolat!
Maybe I should get my friend to meet there this week...
They always give away free samples you know!
But I do have to cross over the border to England....
@gennepher my reaction to the painting - the kaleidoscope is fine - is probably a combination of factors. The yellow sky/cloud makes me think of some kind of chemical attack, killing that tree and anything in its path. The fruit growers of the Old Country would spray some noxious, foul smelling yellow stuff on their trees about now. Sensible folk stayed indoors with all windows etc firmly shut but the smell and some residue hung around for hours. I basically associate any large areas of water with danger and death and have very negative feelings around large black birds in art - how/why have they survived the yellow peril?. Perversely, I used to love the autumn noise made by crows/rooks. The combination of the black and that shade of blue running through that painting (JKP had a dress like that and I hated it with a passion) combined with the above evoked in me feelings of what WW1 gas attacks may have looked, smelled and something of how they may have felt. I'm just odd but that combination gave me the heebbie-jeebbies. Not remotely your fault - continue to post whatever moves you, it is your absolute right. I'll deal with my reaction.

Last edited: