What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
9.25am FBG 5.6
I gave you a hug because of all the temptations @SlimLizzy
All that sounds absolutely delicious....
Since my doctor insists I need to eat more carbs and sugar - have been gleefully giving in to temptation. We will see result in next HbA1c. She suggests retest in three months. So will be early to mid May.

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good National Bin day Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have never raced at Silverhatch or Brandstone, no? Me neither.
A 4.8 this morning on that #£&* meter.
Today me, me’s and myself have routine annual liver ultrasound, in the paperwork it states the gel that is applied to the scanner head is warm…….yeah, warmed in a fridge. 20 minutes of lying on a bed in a darkened room, turning this way and that way holding my breath, just hope I don’t have an attack of flatulence…..
Well fellow posters and painters that’s my day sorted, stay safe.
Time to do a lateral flow test.

Hugs for the low & the day

However, can so relate to the worries, that nature may provide, especially in the silence of the moment ..lol.

Be safe
Best wishes.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a decidedly damp and gloomy start here in the dark and dangerous north - good joy we have been officially informed that it is Spring. Oh when will it snow Michael Fish?
Daughter not well so girl in the bubble gets another sleep over. This means that Mrs Miggins will need to be up in a wee while to get her to nursery for her 0730 start (breakfast included as long as you are not a picky child reflecting like a mirror the bad handling of your own parents back through time). I was always told that it took three generations of healthy women with three healthy births to make one healthy child - same idea making one Veruca Salt. Lucky for us that the girl in the bubble eats pretty much anything - not andouillette sausages though, but we are not in the Auvergne, or crazy (you speak for yourself I here you cry).
Art bit - back on the long sheets of rice paper. Enjoy your day, whatever you want to call it. I shall now drag the recycling bin, kicking and screaming out of it’s little house and into the drizzle. But first, some koffy and then a bit of warming up exercises.

View attachment 54073

Cheers for earlier post.

Amitriptyline seems to be the route out and just to take the hit next day

Sorry to hear TGITB's mums not well.
Speedy recovery for her.

But as said the joy of extra time, is the silver lining.

Reactions: dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 on this really windy and chilly morning. My Kindle fire flags up pictures taken on this day in past years. The pictures today were of us at Uluru in brilliant sunshine on a visit to daughter when she lived in Sydney. There are more pictures of me and daughter on a camel -:although I am sure they were not taken on the same day.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Well, maybe I spoke too soon about the smooth installation of the smart meters. Got messages from my energy supplier saying the 'smart' meter was not sending in readings. I wish the installation guy had given me a proper instruction booklet for reading the electric one. The gas one was easy. But not the electric one, for several reasons, it is a scroll through menu, that is keep pressing the orange button, and it was the 6th or 7th press that brought up the electric reading, The electric meter was receiving the gas reading, and all that was on first, and so I was thoroughly confused. Figured it out with the help of the separate monitor display.

But the electric meter is very low down. I have arthritis etc and cannot get that low to the ground. I couldn't read the digital display, too dim. I tried doing it with me upright, but I had to bend down to press the orange button repeatedly to get different displays and I tried photographing it from upright but the angle didn't get a photograph good enough to read the dim display. And I couldn't keep bending down between each action, and my back nearly broke into two.

So I had to get down on the floor, took photos of each display from the electric meter, so I could study each picture and figure out what reading to send.

Next problem, I couldn't get back off the floor. I had my crutches to hand, but I couldn't haul myself back up. So it was floor shuffle until I reached the settee which was possible, but only just. Never mind I said to myself, it is only this once.

This morning another message from OVO. Please send another manual reading today from both the gas and electric meters, the smart meter is not sending us readings.

Not on your nelly. Someone from OVO is getting a strongly worded message from me today.

Any one else had these kind of problems with a new smart meter?

As usual, Shadow slept on the swing last night, so was the first customer when the cat diner opened. Then the usual customers, Mr Blackbird for the cat biscuits, and then the parade of the 4 gingers...

Creative this morning. Another ink painting on a blank postcard. I have some 30 year old Japanese brush pens, which have an intensely coloured ink in the barrel. They look just like my black Japanese Fude pen. J brought them me when he won a money prize in an art competition. He gave me half of it!!! I drew some scribble black lines, put just one dot of the yellow on in 3 places, and barely a dot of the red on. Then I sprayed with a fine water mist. And the intense colour just spread and spread....brilliant. Just what I wanted.

Now, I shall post this to myself to see how well it fares in the postal service.because I intend to send these out to my postcrossing people.

Another coffee.

No nap needed this morning!!!!

View attachment 54074

Dear god what a palaver.

Thank goodness you COULD get back up eventually
Why don't the think of the practicalities when they fit these things :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Great artwork, the explanation really brought it to life :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 on this really windy and chilly morning. My Kindle fire flags up pictures taken on this day in past years. The pictures today were of us at Uluru in brilliant sunshine on a visit to daughter when she lived in Sydney. There are more pictures of me and daughter on a camel -:although I am sure they were not taken on the same day.

What a lovely start to your day .

I like how Google does that too.
But I take pics of almost everything, :rolleyes:
So most times it's quite boring, but there are the days it shows me the holidays or such, that really drag me back to those moments .

It sounds like yours were rather magical today,.

Australia....mmhh :happy:..
.(rather jealous :bag::))

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hopefully you are on the glide path to a restorative Easter break - as if you actually do such things
@ianpspurs you are right - I will be catching up with admin and all the other jobs I can't do because I am teaching far too many hours each week. It is lovely though to catch up with everything and daughter and family are visiting us over the Easter weekend - which will be a proper break. Hopefully it won't be as windy as today as 46 mile an hour wind gusts over the North sea while we are on the seal boat trip won't be that pleasant.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs you are right - I will be catching up with admin and all the other jobs I can't do because I am teaching far too many hours each week. It is lovely though to catch up with everything and daughter and family are visiting us over the Easter weekend - which will be a proper break. Hopefully it won't be as windy as today as 46 mile an hour wind gusts over the North sea while we are on the seal boat trip won't be that pleasant.

A win for Easter planned visit.

And a hug for the boat trip.:grumpy:

Hope the seals appreciate the effort :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear god what a palaver.

Thank goodness you COULD get back up eventually
Why don't the think of the practicalities when they fit these things :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Great artwork, the explanation really brought it to life :)

Practicality is not on their list...

Thanks for the art compliment.
:happy:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So here we are again bobbing up and down on a sea of mystery, awe, love, joy pain and world class gaslighting. Enough about me, how was your day? @Jojo85 yours clearly started badly and both issues can now be added to the list of fings wot affect bg other than carbs. @dunelm thanks for the art, go easy on that warm up and don't forget the warm down. Shall you be having the ice bath which is now de rigueur? Sorry to hear about your daughter but it's an ill wind etc and you get more precious time with TGIB. I don't know my fbg as I CBA to order another Swipey for now. Wearing one won't change how I manage The D one iota. We have 3 grandchildren all day and a school pickup to make it 4 plus 2 sons for evening meal - with takeaway portions for spouses. Here's a chune for you @dunelm. I absolutely insist Y'all take splendiferous care of your esteemed selves.
Thank you @ianpspurs for the song and the wishes - every day is an ice bath up here in this ‘spring’ air at present. We are so looking forward to the day, probably 2nd July, when it won’t be so cold.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was the midnight dance of the wheelies here last night @dunelm
But I didn't let mine join. It was behind a locked gate until an hour ago....it was very disgruntled it missed the party...

Great art bit - really precise fine detail of the houses along the river bank...
Thank you so much @gennepher and yes, we don’t allow our bin out during curfew - they tend to skiddadle down the road, chucking stuff in all directions.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher thanks for the colourful creative but hug for the extra stress created by the Smart Meters. @SlimLizzy I hope the new regime recommended by the medic covers both bases but at least you are enjoying the experiment. @Krystyna23040 yes, today would be a very bad day for a trip to Seal Island. Where do you go from? Suuny Hunny is where we have set sail from.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs for the song and the wishes - every day is an ice bath up here in this ‘spring’ air at present. We are so looking forward to the day, probably 2nd July, when it won’t be so cold.
Bound to be an ice bath day today, start of the County Championship. Leagues used to start about a week later from memory and it was often bitterly cold. Once in Kent I wore 5 sweaters, we had soup instead of squash and length of game much shortened. Fielding was no pleasure at all.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. My fbs was 12.9 at 8.25 am. That's 1.5 higher than yesterday BUT I have to confess that eating the ears of an Aldi chocolate bunny last evening may have contributed!:angelic: Mr. D ate the rest. Note to self-- must be more disciplined! It's raining here in the Midlands so no walk yet. Just have to work harder on the housework to compensate. Hope all goes well for you today. :)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. My fbs was 12.9 at 8.25m am. That's 1.5 higher than yesterday BUT I have to confess that eating the ears of an Aldi chocolate bunny last evening may have contributed!:angelic: Mr. D ate the rest. Note to self-- must be more disciplined! It's raining here in the Midlands so no walk yet. Just have to work harder on the housework to compensate. Hope all goes well for you today. :)
Definitely a keeper.:angelic:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Well, maybe I spoke too soon about the smooth installation of the smart meters. Got messages from my energy supplier saying the 'smart' meter was not sending in readings. I wish the installation guy had given me a proper instruction booklet for reading the electric one. The gas one was easy. But not the electric one, for several reasons, it is a scroll through menu, that is keep pressing the orange button, and it was the 6th or 7th press that brought up the electric reading, The electric meter was receiving the gas reading, and all that was on first, and so I was thoroughly confused. Figured it out with the help of the separate monitor display.

But the electric meter is very low down. I have arthritis etc and cannot get that low to the ground. I couldn't read the digital display, too dim. I tried doing it with me upright, but I had to bend down to press the orange button repeatedly to get different displays and I tried photographing it from upright but the angle didn't get a photograph good enough to read the dim display. And I couldn't keep bending down between each action, and my back nearly broke into two.

So I had to get down on the floor, took photos of each display from the electric meter, so I could study each picture and figure out what reading to send.

Next problem, I couldn't get back off the floor. I had my crutches to hand, but I couldn't haul myself back up. So it was floor shuffle until I reached the settee which was possible, but only just. Never mind I said to myself, it is only this once.

This morning another message from OVO. Please send another manual reading today from both the gas and electric meters, the smart meter is not sending us readings.

Not on your nelly. Someone from OVO is getting a strongly worded message from me today.

Any one else had these kind of problems with a new smart meter?

As usual, Shadow slept on the swing last night, so was the first customer when the cat diner opened. Then the usual customers, Mr Blackbird for the cat biscuits, and then the parade of the 4 gingers...

Creative this morning. Another ink painting on a blank postcard. I have some 30 year old Japanese brush pens, which have an intensely coloured ink in the barrel. They look just like my black Japanese Fude pen. J brought them me when he won a money prize in an art competition. He gave me half of it!!! I drew some scribble black lines, put just one dot of the yellow on in 3 places, and barely a dot of the red on. Then I sprayed with a fine water mist. And the intense colour just spread and spread....brilliant. Just what I wanted.

Now, I shall post this to myself to see how well it fares in the postal service.because I intend to send these out to my postcrossing people.

Another coffee.

No nap needed this morning!!!!

View attachment 54074
good grief, what a palaver - OVO certainly need to come and sort our these so called smart meters - another reason why I won’t have them - bah, humbug. Can’t they move them up or install some sort of control panel higher up. I suggest some sort of selfie stick rather than doing the floor shuffle. Smashing piece of art though. Those Japanese fude pens are great - I have a couple of them, an old Pentel one that my mother gave me and a modern one. Both black ink - must search out some colours.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. My fbs was 12.9 at 8.25m am. That's 1.5 higher than yesterday BUT I have to confess that eating the ears of an Aldi chocolate bunny last evening may have contributed!:angelic: Mr. D ate the rest. Note to self-- must be more disciplined! It's raining here in the Midlands so no walk yet. Just have to work harder on the housework to compensate. Hope all goes well for you today. :)
those ears are loaded with carbs - best eat the body next time - more protein in the body.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9.25am FBG 5.6

Since my doctor insists I need to eat more carbs and sugar - have been gleefully giving in to temptation. We will see result in next HbA1c. She suggests retest in three months. So will be early to mid May.
This will be interesting

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
those ears are loaded with carbs - best eat the body next time - more protein in the body.
I'll remember that next time the opportunity arises@dunelm. :D