What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher thanks for the colourful creative but hug for the extra stress created by the Smart Meters. @SlimLizzy I hope the new regime recommended by the medic covers both bases but at least you are enjoying the experiment. @Krystyna23040 yes, today would be a very bad day for a trip to Seal Island. Where do you go from? Suuny Hunny is where we have set sail from.
Thank you Ian
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good grief, what a palaver - OVO certainly need to come and sort our these so called smart meters - another reason why I won’t have them - bah, humbug. Can’t they move them up or install some sort of control panel higher up. I suggest some sort of selfie stick rather than doing the floor shuffle. Smashing piece of art though. Those Japanese fude pens are great - I have a couple of them, an old Pentel one that my mother gave me and a modern one. Both black ink - must search out some colours.
They do...
If they expect me to continue to take readings on a daily basis, then they will find themselves coming out again to relocate the meters and displays. I WILL make sure of that....

Not doing the floor shuffle again...

I do have a selfie stick. I bought it 7 years ago along with my brand new iPhone. And I couldn't remember why I put it to the back of the cupboard. But I just fished it out, and then I remembered why I put it away.

I was always taking photos of my frogs in the ponds with my Fuji camera. It was small and easy to hold. But the larger iPhone was slightly more awkward to hold safely, and so I thought a selfie stick would hold it safely. But the frog whose head it landed on (after the phone slid out of the selfie stick hold) wasn't impressed (but he survived), and my brand new iPhone had to suddenly learn new deep pond diving skills (and thank fully that survived also). So that selfie stick has been in that dark naughty corner for 7 long years...

It is a good idea, but I might need a sheet of foam on the floor should the selfie stick misbehave again...

Thanks for the art compliments. I have the old Pentel pens, as you realised from them being 30 years old from my post earlier. I do have the more modern black Pentel brush pen ( I still have a few), J was always buying me them, but they are also an age, 15/20 years old...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a lovely start to your day .

I like how Google does that too.
But I take pics of almost everything, :rolleyes:
So most times it's quite boring, but there are the days it shows me the holidays or such, that really drag me back to those moments .

It sounds like yours were rather magical today,.

Australia....mmhh :happy:..
.(rather jealous :bag::))
Yes, seeing the photos does drag you back to those lovely moments. I still remember just how I felt when I first saw Uluru on the horizon.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Next problem, I couldn't get back off the floor. I had my crutches to hand, but I couldn't haul myself back up. So it was floor shuffle until I reached the settee which was possible, but only just. Never mind I said to myself, it is only this once.
@gennepher your post reminded me of the time I couldn't get out of a bath in a London hotel. I was on a course while I was still recovering from a RTA and I thought it would help to relax in a warm bath. The bath was very small and I struggled for ages before I managed to finally get out.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher thanks for the colourful creative but hug for the extra stress created by the Smart Meters. @SlimLizzy I hope the new regime recommended by the medic covers both bases but at least you are enjoying the experiment. @Krystyna23040 yes, today would be a very bad day for a trip to Seal Island. Where do you go from? Suuny Hunny is where we have set sail from.
We are leaving from Morston Quay. Hopefully the weather will be better than today.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher your post reminded me of the time I couldn't get out of a bath in a London hotel. I was on a course while I was still recovering from a RTA and I thought it would help to relax in a warm bath. The bath was very small and I struggled for ages before I managed to finally get out.
That would have been awkward...
I am glad you escaped that bath @Krystyna23040
t9605.gif

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Fullest sympathies there.

Narrow, deep & slippery as ****..

BT,DT...survivors...no other word for it :D:hilarious:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s a bright sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north after the deluge of yesterday. This is just the boost we need to encourage us out from our hamster wheel and wander into town, pausing from time to time in order to assess peoples gardens and award marks - I ought to buy a few rosettes and ceremoniously plonk them in their garden while playing quotes from Alan Titchmarch on my Walkman. Even more chocolate products are being recalled from some supermarkets for fear of Salmon Nelly and Walkers crisps are being panic bought because there is a shortage of sunflower oil to bake them in. Fear not, if they change to frying them in lard or dripping then we will be on to a winner, especially if they also cut out the potato bit as well and use bacon instead.
Art bit - a few trees. Have a wonderful Friday if you can. It should be OK but the good one is next week. Time for some koffy.

upload_2022-4-8_7-11-7.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, it’s a bright sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north after the deluge of yesterday. This is just the boost we need to encourage us out from our hamster wheel and wander into town, pausing from time to time in order to assess peoples gardens and award marks - I ought to buy a few rosettes and ceremoniously plonk them in their garden while playing quotes from Alan Titchmarch on my Walkman. Even more chocolate products are being recalled from some supermarkets for fear of Salmon Nelly and Walkers crisps are being panic bought because there is a shortage of sunflower oil to bake them in. Fear not, if they change to frying them in lard or dripping then we will be on to a winner, especially if they also cut out the potato bit as well and use bacon instead.
Art bit - a few trees. Have a wonderful Friday if you can. It should be OK but the good one is next week. Time for some koffy.

View attachment 54082
Oh dear, no chocolate for Easter....

Actually I would get a pile of rosettes and leave them on their garden gates...anonymously. If that is possible with all these Ring Doorbell camera systems...you need a disguise of different masks...'the masked rosette garden awarder for beautiful/or otherwise gardens strikes again'. I have done things anonymously, and that is one I would enjoy doing :bag::happy::angelic:

Love the cherry blossom trees @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Experimenting again with food, fbg has gone a bit higher, but carrying on with this, as I think it might lower in a few days.

gennepher's cat diner - business is slow this morning. No Shadow. Just the cacophony of sparrows who have discovered the delights of the tiny broken pieces of dry cat biscuits, and are partaking of the wet cat food. Those cats had better hurry up and appear...

Creative this morning - an ink painting with the Fude pen, and other Japanese colour brush pens sprayed with fine water mist, postcard size. Then Snapseed for name and frame.

Time for mug of coffee C(__)

2B09745A-C63D-4406-8E47-067410DDB36D.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Experimenting again with food, fbg has gone a bit higher, but carrying on with this, as I think it might lower in a few days.

gennepher's cat diner - business is slow this morning. No Shadow. Just the cacophony of sparrows who have discovered the delights of the tiny broken pieces of dry cat biscuits, and are partaking of the wet cat food. Those cats had better hurry up and appear...

Creative this morning - an ink painting with the Fude pen, and other Japanese colour brush pens sprayed with fine water mist, postcard size. Then Snapseed for name and frame.

Time for mug of coffee C(__)

View attachment 54084
Oh, Sparrows - they will tell everyone and then those starlings will be turning up in gangs. I love your art today, beautiful colour blends

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, Sparrows - they will tell everyone and then those starlings will be turning up in gangs. I love your art today, beautiful colour blends
Thanks for the painting compliment @dunelm
:happy:

I had better go out and have a word with those sparrows then...to keep quiet then...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher @jjraak I was in a real panic thinking that I would be stuck a the bath for hours and miss the course. My professional body had said that I didn't have to get my CPD points that year because of my injuries from the RTA so I hadn't needed to struggle down to London to do the course. I suppose I was just being stubborn.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and others of confused gender.
This morning a 5.5 on that meter of @*&”%¥$§ and other such descriptors.
Many thanks for the comments on my ultrasound scan yesterday, the scan went well and the radiologist reported no change since last year, which I shall take as a positive.
Worryingly the radiologist also said they remembered me from last year….perhaps I had flatulence last year as well. All being well if I don’t wear a mask next year they might not recognise me.
Hand and foot note the gel was warmed in the fridge again.
Stay safe all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone on another Super Salmon Salad Friday here:woot: Quite rightly, your mileage may vary - it really does take all sorts. No Swipey so fbg unknown and unmissed if I'm honest. I must bestir myself and enrich Abbott's shareholders but there's no rush as their last dividends were good (1.52%). @dunelm thank you for the art and chuckle at the Good Friday quip. As for bacon or lard - do have mine. However, these are fine if a tad along the lines of let them eat cake. Garden awards? As long as there is a well manicured real lawn, winner for me. Some fruit trees and veg beds would be ideal. Why do folks spoil things with flowers and shrubs? (JKP is not about) @gennepher more wonderful Tales of Gennepher's Diner and thanks for sharing the creative - sent a chill through me but I'm odd. Attached made me chortle especially as folks hereabouts are working themselves into a frenzy over this. The death of the NIMBY has clearly been greatly exaggerated or used to justify more concern for house prices than the planet/fuel poverty/most other things. It appears "learn to live with ..." is now code for "my donors don't care if you are suffering so suck it up poor people." Much more parsimonious and gaslighty. One can either laugh at that, cry buckets or wait for God to judge - all have gone astray. What's your stance?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-08 09.16.45.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-08 09.16.45.png
    864.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. More photos from 2004 popped up on my kindle. This time it was of us walking around Uluru. Such lovely memories.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone on another Super Salmon Salad Friday here:woot: Quite rightly, your mileage may vary - it really does take all sorts. No Swipey so fbg unknown and unmissed if I'm honest. I must bestir myself and enrich Abbott's shareholders but there's no rush as their last dividends were good (1.52%). @dunelm thank you for the art and chuckle at the Good Friday quip. As for bacon or lard - do have mine. However, these are fine if a tad along the lines of let them eat cake. Garden awards? As long as there is a well manicured real lawn, winner for me. Some fruit trees and veg beds would be ideal. Why do folks spoil things with flowers and shrubs? (JKP is not about) @gennepher more wonderful Tales of Gennepher's Diner and thanks for sharing the creative - sent a chill through me but I'm odd. Attached made me chortle especially as folks hereabouts are working themselves into a frenzy over this. The death of the NIMBY has clearly been greatly exaggerated or used to justify more concern for house prices than the planet/fuel poverty/most other things. It appears "learn to live with ..." is now code for "my donors don't care if you are suffering so suck it up poor people." Much more parsimonious and gaslighty. One can either laugh at that, cry buckets or wait for God to judge. What's your stance?
Ah, thank you for pointing me in the direction of M&S Serano ham crisps - I will investigate their availability in their branches near here.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and others of confused gender.
This morning a 5.5 on that meter of @*&”%¥$§ and other such descriptors.
Many thanks for the comments on my ultrasound scan yesterday, the scan went well and the radiologist reported no change since last year, which I shall take as a positive.
Worryingly the radiologist also said they remembered me from last year….perhaps I had flatulence last year as well. All being well if I don’t wear a mask next year they might not recognise me.
Hand and foot note the gel was warmed in the fridge again.
Stay safe all.
Glad it all went well even if the gel was a tad cool.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, thank you for pointing me in the direction of M&S Serano ham crisps - I will investigate their availability in their branches near here.
Ah, the people's non dom crisps. Best of the three imho. Maybe buy now in warmer weather rather than have Mrs Miggins go cold or stint on petrol/diesel. Men of the people you and I.:meh:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher @jjraak I was in a real panic thinking that I would be stuck a the bath for hours and miss the course. My professional body had said that I didn't have to get my CPD points that year because of my injuries from the RTA so I hadn't needed to struggle down to London to do the course. I suppose I was just being stubborn.
Stubbornness is good!:happy: