What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone - things to do, people to see, not much time, blah, blah, blah. Hope everyone has a great day. Here is one I did earlier. Must dash, koffy is calling in the dining room.

upload_2022-4-23_8-47-44.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are struggling to attach a picture to this thread not inverted…..grrrr
Blood sugar this morning was a surprising 4.6, this will require a hefty prolonged session using a cray super computer or better still just get the grandchildren who stayed overnight to guess my insulin dose.
Attached inverted or not is a picture of my ladders arranged as a climbing frame, designed by the grandchildren to play on, over and under. We have have the grandchildren till late this evening. View attachment 54276
anyone have any clues as to how to rotate the image?
Go to Edit
Click
941E8D19-BBA1-46DC-9F19-088354192B44.png

Then click repeatedly until you have the orientation you wish for, in your case twice. Then click done...
04A94D05-FABA-4E33-AD30-025918FF80BC.png

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really hope you can figure out how to right the ladders @alf_Josiah
Or else the little ones will be playing like this for the rest of the day...
image.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So Saturday dawns in The Brecks ©. Dull, grey and distinctly chilly but enough about my issues. What concerns me more are the health and safety issues in some Berkshire gardens. Children and ladders don't mix well in my experience. Further anxiety came from stories of hungry magpie chicks. I'm too tender hearted at times. @gennepher thanks for the creative. I do like a kaleidoscope and I know what dandelions are so all good. @dunelm thanks for the art and don't overdo the busy, busy day. @karen8967 good to see you back in in such good form. @Jojo85 at least cheese is low carb so no harm done. Family day here today with a six day late Easter Egg hunt. Stay safe and as upbeat as possible without a cornucopia of pharmaceuticals.

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I really hope you can figure out how to right the ladders @alf_Josiah
Or else the little ones will be playing like this for the rest of the day...
View attachment 54294
Brilliant
Still not figured out the inversion in this program, but have grandchildren to lead astray now. Thanks for the pointers will delve deeper later.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning. Yesterday spent hours doing admin and didn't walk as much as I normally do. More admin today but will do more walking.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant
Still not figured out the inversion in this program, but have grandchildren to lead astray now. Thanks for the pointers will delve deeper later.
You'll get it @alf_Josiah
Once you have some peace and quiet and some me time...
You should have seen my sideways/upside down photos 13 years ago. A nice guy n the States told me to send my mis-orientated photos to him via email and he rightened them all for me...and sent them back by email...I just couldn't get it, but I have had 13 years practice now...

You gave a wonderful day with the grandkids!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So Saturday dawns in The Brecks ©. Dull, grey and distinctly chilly but enough about my issues. What concerns me more are the health and safety issues in some Berkshire gardens. Children and ladders don't mix well in my experience. Further anxiety came from stories of hungry magpie chicks. I'm too tender hearted at times. @gennepher thanks for the creative. I do like a kaleidoscope and I know what dandelions are so all good. @dunelm thanks for the art and don't overdo the busy, busy day. @karen8967 good to see you back in in such good form. @Jojo85 at least cheese is low carb so no harm done. Family day here today with a six day late Easter Egg hunt. Stay safe and as upbeat as possible without a cornucopia of pharmaceuticals.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are struggling to attach a picture to this thread not inverted…..grrrr
Blood sugar this morning was a surprising 4.6, this will require a hefty prolonged session using a cray super computer or better still just get the grandchildren who stayed overnight to guess my insulin dose.
Attached inverted or not is a picture of my ladders arranged as a climbing frame, designed by the grandchildren to play on, over and under. We have have the grandchildren till late this evening. View attachment 54276
anyone have any clues as to how to rotate the image?
A fine looking playground of adventure .

When I think back of all the wild stuff we had back in the day, I do feeling sorry for our young uns.

Tyres on ropes over streams or gaps
Happy times..:happy:

33043A24-56CD-4E0B-A1CB-8BFC3B51026B~2.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all .

A balmy/barmy 7.1
The right direction,. If nothing else.

Pleasant week, of busy doing nothing .

1st proper appt for PTSD
Very nervous going in, as to what I would 'find'

An emotional time for sure, but not on the scale I imagined.

Presume these are baby steps, as when discussed was advised other visits* would be digging deeper.
(* Video not F2F)

A mix of emotions & discussions for the reason of such mental imagery .
Fleshed out some of the why, I felt.

Still that sense of dread, accompanying some mornings when first waking, but the vividness of dreams much reduced, and almost absent last few days .

Delicately discussed with Lauren, she's keen to share the load & it seems churlish to not accept her input and freeze her out entirely ?

Taking note I don't overwhelm her, but the chat did help me .

Top note was the idea I was mourning

Either myself, which feels odd but does fit.

Or the loss of a life I feel is now beyond me
Which could be right, though I do baulk at anything being so far gone, I can't aspire to doing it in some way, once adequately recovered

Lots to ponder over, for definite .

Physio going ok lots of repetitions of what seems like tiny movements, causing unexpectedly aching muscles the next day...nature of the beast I guess .

MIGHT be out today.
'neice' has bosses dog, plays nicely with Frankie.

Hints of a drive out somewhere and a 'play date for the dogs, and with consideration of what I could manage walking/scooter/crutches wise as I'm invited....which is nice .:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all .

A balmy/barmy 7.1

1st proper appt for PTSD

Presume these are baby steps, as when discussed was advised other visits* would be digging deeper.
(* Video not F2F)

Still that sense of dread, accompanying some mornings when first waking, but the vividness of dreams much reduced, and almost absent last few days .

Delicately discussed with Lauren, she's keen to share the load & it seems churlish to not accept her input and freeze her out entirely ?

Which could be right, though I do baulk at anything being so far gone, I can't aspire to doing it in some way, once adequately recovered

Physio going ok lots of repetitions of what seems like tiny movements, causing unexpectedly aching muscles the next day...nature of the beast I guess .

MIGHT be out today.

Hints of a drive out somewhere and a 'play date for the dogs, and with consideration of what I could manage walking/scooter/crutches wise as I'm invited....which is nice .:)
Thanks for sharing your journey through the week however difficult parts of that were to confront or set down for general sharing. I hope you and the dogs have a wonderful time and stay within the limits of what your body can manage not what you would like it to manage. (Don't let JKP know I am capable of such insights)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
A39E99AE-BBF1-4EF3-9994-620363E8DE75.jpeg

This is the normal ladder set for the grandchildren, but they wanted a different setup, which they designed.
It seems this photo is as planned.
@gennepher , @jjraak and @ianpspurs thanks for your input and thoughts. Yes life must have a little adventure.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi all .

A balmy/barmy 7.1

1st proper appt for PTSD

(* Video not F2F)

MIGHT be out today.

Hey up fellow greaser, slang for motorcyclist, slowly slowly catchy monkey.
By the time you read this you will have been out and about I hope and are now relaxing.
Well done for posting.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. fbs today was 14.3-my highest for many a year I think. Only three more weeks of my twice a week statins trial before the repeat of my fasting cholesterol test. If they haven't improved my cholesterol levels then that's it!! My HbA1c is going to be through the roof I expect so which is better/ worse is yet to be decided. Enjoy your week-end everyone. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all .

A balmy/barmy 7.1

1st proper appt for PTSD

(* Video not F2F)

MIGHT be out today.

You are doing brilliantly @jjraak
Hope you had a really good day.