What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good thinking re the test but I just wonder if the previous days food choices may impact. What do you think?

well..IF we test in such a fashion, then just like we test to see if some foods are suitable aka eat then test at 2hr marker..that is the same principal, and we all use that as a measure,
so i can';t see it would be any different.
bear in mind all we are really looking at and for is the trend
Is the SCORE higher, the same, OR Lower, then it was last time.

While NOT definitive, it might just be something we could point to as well, and say THIS IS working for ME
it was my motivation when is started as was for many to reduce my HBA1c..
which thanks to all the marvelous help on here, i have done.
and the Regular Blood checks certainly work to motivate to continue the good works.
It's perhaps worthy of consideration .one morning a month MIGHT just return way more then we ask.?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to add info about The Sun up and coming week on diabetes!!! Got this today. I will be sailing the ocean for the duration!!! Hope I can get copies in the med!!!

From our fab PR team

Hi Debra,

Hope you are well and had a lovely weekend.

Just wanted to let you know that The Sun feature that you have contributed to is in the pipeline for Saturday 24th August – the feature will run for a week and your interview will be included on one of these days. Thanks so much for taking part as always, can’t wait to read it! X

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, a straight 6.0 on the dice of disappointment today, off on our jollies today, hopefully remembered to pack everything, the OH has left it to me to sort it all out, she must be losing the plot, the last time that happened we were flying to Knock in the west of Ireland and somehow ended up sitting on a plane to Edinburgh. Had to do a long walk of shame off the plane with our carry on luggage, luckily nothing in the hold.

Lol this really made me laugh. Hope you have better luck this time and a great holiday

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy hols. Where are you going this time? Edinburgh, knock or somewhere you dont even know yet! ;)

Vegas first then on to Yosemite then San Francisco then down the west coast ending up in L A and San Diego, sat in Manchester airport at the moment paying through the nose for food and drink, they know that they have a captive audience.

Be good while I’m away, no fighting or biting.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 for me this morning, doubt it’s due to anything other than too much wine yesterday.
@jjraak I think toasting Sunday is a great idea but tbh I’m terrified of eating a slice of bread. What bread are you going to use? I think a new thread might be a good idea for it.
@PenguinMum great fbg - Dublin, the walking and being in the presence of the black stuff have obviously agreed with you. Have a good trip back.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...feeling a bit flat & tired today can't be bothered with much...work has been frantic the last week or so & lots of changes to get used to...I must make an effort to get back to my walking haven't done much (none really) for the last couple of weeks since 'Plumpy' has left the building...woke to a 6.

I completely get that feeling. Apart from how hard you’ve been working, not having ‘Plumpy’ to get you out is bound to have an effect on you. I didn’t go for a walk for ages after Tilly died - didn’t seem much point in walking without a dog. Hope you get your va va voom back soon.

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol this really made me laugh. Hope you have better luck this time and a great holiday

The stewardesses were walking up and down the plane doing there count, then they would whisper together then do another passenger count, I remember saying to the wife “I think some idiots got on the wrong plane “, how right I was.

Reactions: DJC3 and Viv19

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aw thanks @Debandez

Yes, it was nice to be out.
The show was a little chaotic in it's organisation.
but nice once inside.
Mostly goans from what i could see, so felt very authentic.

We patrolled the food stalls.
Huge square with entertainment inside and stalls all around the edges.

lauren had.
Chicken lollipops
samosa
mackerel, ochre, rice, sauce
delicious she reported.

I'd eaten a tiny amount before just in case nothing suitable,
So not really hungry when we got there.

But i did have 1/4 chicken tikka, with chopped salad.
Pleasant..in fact very tasty just wish i had more of an appetite for it

we were out a couple of hours,
Lauren saw i was flagging so suggested it was home time ..(bless her)

so a nice day and good be out together.

Have a theory or two as to whats might be wrong.

1#
Ran out of meds, ordered when on last tablets thinking i'd pick up new lot next day or so
but lazily thought i'd pick them up a day or two later after all it's only metformin ..right :rolleyes:

Order never went through, so i waited another day or so..about a week in total.
went to chemist to investigate..no meds..gave me emergency supply, so began taking them 2 days back.

2#
as we all know cutting back on the processed foods..we eat less salt..(good thing right )
2 weeks back heatwave, (it was at the end of that i began feeling rough) so i upped my water/fluids intake.
during that hot spell, but if i'm honest my salt intake either flatlined or dipped .
i rarely put salt on any food....:rolleyes:
( yeah, i rationalise that while in foreign climates it's HOT as well..but i relax my foods and eat a lot more foods that are cooked FOR me (aka salt added), then i do here.)..So it MIGHT have been depleted salt in me, because of the heat

lauren suggested rehydration fluid and a pinch of salt on most things.
so both of those in effect, feeling a little better, not there yet, so...

It's either i may have started to sort the issue via 1# or 2#..or whatever it is was has passed.or is passing.

any of that make sense or ring any bells for anyone else
hopefully my woes, may helps someone further down the line.

Starting To feel like i should be in chipperfield circus with all the Juggling T2D seems to require..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Oh and a 6.0 like my mate @trick60

( caused either by that one late night beer OR
it's making ALL that B**** tea for lauren , that she''s read about on here,
..HE 'helpfully' :rolleyes: ...suggested...:***: )

;)
have a good un all.

Some of us have to work hard for our brownie points

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a quickie to get this off my chest. I'm so mad! Just been to Pat my BIL to take his dinner and pick up washing. He was outside when I got there. I said I was calling at 11.30 and he had to be in as adult social services need his authority to do assessment. He is like clockwork. He was talking to doreen a neighbour who was hanging out washing. He was telling her I was diabetic too. She is t2 for 20 years, 9 years on insulin. Managing well no hypos hypers. I asked did she test. Rarely! Not sure how that works when on insulin and metformin. I thought you had to to see how much to give yourself. Anyway her nurse recently said she was worried as a1c creeping up. 'What have you been eating' turns out she loves frozen fish and a jacket potato. 'Ah that's it, frozen fish contains sugar'. Omg!!! I explained that it would actually be the jacket potato which will no doubt have had more than 15 spoons of sugar in. She has this every day. How can the DN discourage her from eating frozen fish but NOT tell her to avoid potatoes.

Reactions: Viv19 and True Blue

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Vegas first then on to Yosemite then San Francisco then down the west coast ending up in L A and San Diego, sat in Manchester airport at the moment paying through the nose for food and drink, they know that they have a captive audience.

have a fab time trick60 sounds amazing :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The stewardesses were walking up and down the plane doing there count, then they would whisper together then do another passenger count, I remember saying to the wife “I think some idiots got on the wrong plane “, how right I was.

Hahaha how often does your wife bring this up? I’d never let it lie.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a quickie to get this off my chest. I'm so mad! Just been to Pat my BIL to take his dinner and pick up washing. He was outside when I got there. I said I was calling at 11.30 and he had to be in as adult social services need his authority to do assessment. He is like clockwork. He was talking to doreen a neighbour who was hanging out washing. He was telling her I was diabetic too. She is t2 for 20 years, 9 years on insulin. Managing well no hypos hypers. I asked did she test. Rarely! Not sure how that works when on insulin and metformin. I thought you had to to see how much to give yourself. Anyway her nurse recently said she was worried as a1c creeping up. 'What have you been eating' turns out she loves frozen fish and a jacket potato. 'Ah that's it, frozen fish contains sugar'. Omg!!! I explained that it would actually be the jacket potato which will no doubt have had more than 15 spoons of sugar in. She has this every day. How can the DN discourage her from eating frozen fish but NOT tell her to avoid potatoes.

Goodness that is really worrying (unless it is a breaded fish fillet or fish cake?)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I imagine y'all are out across the ocean by now ... as you pass over the East Coast if the pilot rocks his wings I'll know it's y'all ...

... tho' I expect you'll be flying closer to the Far North than the Deep South. :D

Reactions: geefull and trick60

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this Monday morning.

@gennepher I hope you are feeling much better by now. I did laugh at the name "Windeze" -- I love it! So much better than our Gas-X!
lol.gif

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you seem to work very long hours in a full on job so try and make sometime foryou if you can
Yes my work is either all or nothing PM...paperwork done...invoices done so off to London tomorrow to drop them off...then home to do absolutely nothing...well nothing planned I have Georgia arriving between the 17th to 18th looking forward to that & will be getting her room ready...Dublin sounds wonderful.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Happy hols @trick60 and Mrs Trick

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
80A587E3-04A2-4A8A-A1CE-3890B726F62B.jpeg
Been asleep half the day. Beautiful sunshine and I was so tired I fell asleep in my potting shed...
Photographed a small white.
Counted my butterflies.
Posted the count online.
Read back on your different posts and the concern maybe we as diabetics are not having enough salt.
That might be me...

Right, I am going to rescue the rest of this beautiful sunny day,..

I just counted 65 butterflies in the Big #ButterflyCount. Help @SaveButterflies & join in at http://bigbutterflycount.org

I had:
Painted Ladies
Peacocks
Small tortoiseshell
Large White
Small Whites
Red Admiral
Speckled Wood
Meadow Brown
Holly Blue

All these in my garden...