What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late on parade but did wake up, again, another wonderful day to appreciate.

The wonder wheel of stuck on LO and a free replacement hooted out a 5.7 this am.

@Fndwheelie - I called up Freestyle on their 0800 170 1177 number this morning and chose option 4 to speak to a human.

They asked questions about the sensor, the make and model of my phone (I don’t use the machine) - all available from within the app. They also asked about finger prick comparisons - they wanted three but I only had one.
A free replacement sensor is on it’s way.

Have a great day if you can, hugs for all, save them in a small bag if you don’t need one straight away.
PPG meeting this afternoon - best get my string vest ironed.

Would love some feedback on your PPG, what it does in the community, at your surgery etc. Indont believe reinventing the wheel and love pinching other's good ideas!!! We can all learn from each other. Our PPG is small and does practically diddly squat apart from bi monthly meet ups to talk about staff at the surgery and eat cakes and or biscuits. I'm trying to stir things up!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aw thanks @Debandez

Yes, it was nice to be out.
The show was a little chaotic in it's organisation.
but nice once inside.
Mostly goans from what i could see, so felt very authentic.

We patrolled the food stalls.
Huge square with entertainment inside and stalls all around the edges.

lauren had.
Chicken lollipops
samosa
mackerel, ochre, rice, sauce
delicious she reported.

I'd eaten a tiny amount before just in case nothing suitable,
So not really hungry when we got there.

But i did have 1/4 chicken tikka, with chopped salad.
Pleasant..in fact very tasty just wish i had more of an appetite for it

we were out a couple of hours,
Lauren saw i was flagging so suggested it was home time ..(bless her)

so a nice day and good be out together.

Have a theory or two as to whats might be wrong.

1#
Ran out of meds, ordered when on last tablets thinking i'd pick up new lot next day or so
but lazily thought i'd pick them up a day or two later after all it's only metformin ..right :rolleyes:

Order never went through, so i waited another day or so..about a week in total.
went to chemist to investigate..no meds..gave me emergency supply, so began taking them 2 days back.

2#
as we all know cutting back on the processed foods..we eat less salt..(good thing right )
2 weeks back heatwave, (it was at the end of that i began feeling rough) so i upped my water/fluids intake.
during that hot spell, but if i'm honest my salt intake either flatlined or dipped .
i rarely put salt on any food....:rolleyes:
( yeah, i rationalise that while in foreign climates it's HOT as well..but i relax my foods and eat a lot more foods that are cooked FOR me (aka salt added), then i do here.)..So it MIGHT have been depleted salt in me, because of the heat

lauren suggested rehydration fluid and a pinch of salt on most things.
so both of those in effect, feeling a little better, not there yet, so...

It's either i may have started to sort the issue via 1# or 2#..or whatever it is was has passed.or is passing.

any of that make sense or ring any bells for anyone else
hopefully my woes, may helps someone further down the line.

Starting To feel like i should be in chipperfield circus with all the Juggling T2D seems to require..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Oh and a 6.0 like my mate @trick60

( caused either by that one late night beer OR
it's making ALL that B**** tea for lauren , that she''s read about on here,
..HE 'helpfully' :rolleyes: ...suggested...:***: )

;)
have a good un all.

T2d is very frustration, 2 years in in November but learn something new every day still. But I know for a fact that t1 is way more challenging so I'm going to stop my moaning right there!

I think the next few days will tell for you. If you start feeling more yourself then you've cracked it with the changes. If not we can have a board meeting, all get together and work on a plan of action .:)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the blah feeling
i reckon while we toil away , perhaps loving the work load and being busy etc
it does exact a hidden toll on us , particularly when T2D, and others when dx with ongoing illness.

No one likes changes, and if you've not been walking, maybe anew routine is what you need to start back up.
perhaps hop into town for a mooch leave car behind.
or maybe try something just to measure how well you do.

i mapped out a local route that gave me one kilometre
i figured if i could run it (ok some of it..all right a TINY Portion of it..HAPPY NOW :arghh:)
i could map my couch to 5k runs easier...never lasted Obv, but you get the idea

but i do now walk the route just the once..now and again to keep the walking up.
(walking aimlessly just puts me off..in fact going anywhere aimlessly puts me off..i do feel the NEED
to have a Destination and a reason in mind OR a target time / distance, before i even head out :rolleyes: )

Hope the day/s leave you feeling better real soon.

take care x
Pub?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
well..IF we test in such a fashion, then just like we test to see if some foods are suitable aka eat then test at 2hr marker..that is the same principal, and we all use that as a measure,
so i can';t see it would be any different.
bear in mind all we are really looking at and for is the trend
Is the SCORE higher, the same, OR Lower, then it was last time.

While NOT definitive, it might just be something we could point to as well, and say THIS IS working for ME
it was my motivation when is started as was for many to reduce my HBA1c..
which thanks to all the marvelous help on here, i have done.
and the Regular Blood checks certainly work to motivate to continue the good works.
It's perhaps worthy of consideration .one morning a month MIGHT just return way more then we ask.?
Maybe we could start a 'weekly food experiment' thread. Others may want to join in.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s 6am
fbg an hour ago was 9.7

At least it is in single figure so that’s good

Going out now at 6 am to front garden, because nearly all the Buddleia there has seeded. The back garden Buddleia seem to seed later.
The flowers of the different varieties of Buddleia (which is what is attracting all these butterflies) all flower at different times.

I can see the beginning of tiny new Buddleia flowers in the front garden, but unless I take all the seeded flowers off the branches (I cannot just cut the entire branch), those new smaller flowers will not develop and they will die. And I want there to be Buddleia flowers for October and beginning of November.

So I need to do this fiddly job.

The things I do for my butterflies! It does help the few very late butterflies I see.

I will read your posts when I come in for a rest and my breakfast.
>^..^<

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 for me this morning, doubt it’s due to anything other than too much wine yesterday.
@jjraak I think toasting Sunday is a great idea but tbh I’m terrified of eating a slice of bread. What bread are you going to use? I think a new thread might be a good idea for it.
@PenguinMum great fbg - Dublin, the walking and being in the presence of the black stuff have obviously agreed with you. Have a good trip back.

How about hi-lo (less than 5g) or no crust kingsmill (7.4).

I have a question that you may be able to answer @DJC3. You say having bread terrifies you. I felt the same for a long time after dx. But then I discovered lc options. I treat myself once maybe twice a month. So heres my question, always wanted to ask but felt a bit silly, but dont mind on our special thread. If I eat a slice of bread at less than 5g or I eat something else that has the equivalent amount of carbs and GI what's the difference? Why are we scared of enjoying bread (i do get a guilty feeling if i have one usually).

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The stewardesses were walking up and down the plane doing there count, then they would whisper together then do another passenger count, I remember saying to the wife “I think some idiots got on the wrong plane “, how right I was.
Even funnier now!!!

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...woke so early just before 5am so a little 'off piste' today with a 7.2...I had planned to drive up to London and deliver my paperwork however I am so tired I think I'll go back to bed.

Reactions: Viv19 and karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How about hi-lo (less than 5g) or no crust kingsmill (7.4).

So heres my question, always wanted to ask but felt a bit silly, but dont mind on our special thread. If I eat a slice of bread at less than 5g or I eat something else that has the equivalent amount of carbs and GI what's the difference? Why are we scared of enjoying bread (i do get a guilty feeling if i have one usually).

Good choice, I think it should be something established that many could have in stock,

But I wonder if it needed to really be the same for all of us..(though that would be better for comparisons) bread does seems the bogey, and it's pretty uniform in shape-ish so easy to see the measures. IE; one slice

We would after all only be measuring OUR OWN reactions and changes in this experiment so if we kept it uniform to ourselves, as to what we could find locally, the data would still be valid

Is kingsmill no crust an actual product, debs?

As for bread per se...much as I like it, I reckon many see it as empty calories or carbs wastage, if on a low carb diet...?