What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
7.5 at 0345.

@gennepher, glad you got your car fixed. Typical of many businesses these days - cheapest components possible - "never mind the quality, feel the width" kind of attitude.
@JohnEGreen, depends on whether you want to keep your personal data to yourself. If everything about you is in someone else's database, it is vulnerable.
@alf_Josiah, that's quite a striking image of a forest floor. The "winner" is for Mrs J.
@dunelm, that's another winner. Very wintery. That little man could probably do with a hot cup of coffee to keep him warm.
what @Annb said.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Morning all from dry Saturday early in what probably won't be totally dry January here but I'll be unlikely to reach 14 units all month. That may count for some but will take no self control from me. Birthday girl alive and almost kicking for the visit of 2 granddaughters and a great grandson from Surrey and a surprise afternoon tea later. The cake has been decorated - no, not 94 candles. Tomorrow will be a down home Sunday roast with our #3 son and 2 great grandchildren possibly #1 son and 2 other great grandchildren. @JohnEGreen personally I would be keen to participate in that research if only if at all possible to help my boys, grandchildren or anyone else avoid the **** which has and will come my way but YMMV. @dunelm thanks for sharing the art - I very much like this series. @alf_Josiah thank Mrs A J for sharing her art. @gennepher the journey to car improvement may have been unconventional but the destination is so much better. There seems to be a pattern emerging here. @jjraak a less eventful journey to work. Well done on returning to testing and seeing the upside of life. @Krystyna23040 take it easy - as if. Here's _ possibly - a wonderful photo of dockey time in the Fens for some soon to be horny handed sons (and daughters) of toil. I can't promise y'all a Pedro Porro sized ear to ear beam but have a good day with as many little epiphanies as possible. The key seems to be not looking for them and defo not working to achieve them - they happen.
It was worth the watch, just for that goal, shocking match though!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on what hopefully will be a rain free day here in the dark and dangerous north. Rained all day yesterday so that’s the garden sorted, the cars washed and the gutters cleaned. Phew, I need to slow down a bit. I have some transport to arrange today - bus, train, both - not sure yet. Mrs Miggins is going to do a couple of errands this morning; in northern parlance, “a few messages”. Yes, and all sweets are called ‘spice’. We have a rendezvous for lunch - it’s very exciting. She will wear a boutonnière in the colours of her clan tartan (hopefully other things as well) and I will wear my Fedora and carry a copy of Brief Encounter by Nöel Coward. Art bit, second blockbuster video card run of the same scene as yesterday. Just realised that it’s Saturday today so hope that your journey through the day is a good one. Now, more koffy needed.

View attachment 65367
Love this scene again....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those who shortly will be tiptoeing through tulips wearing boover boots.

Blood sugars this morning were 6.7

Not sure how the day here in Tilehurst Towers is going to pan out, but yesterday when all my troubles seemed so far away, ahem a slight digression there. Me me’s and myself avoided the dreaded haircut and beard trim, whew, but I am sure Mrs J will renew her campaign now her latest artwork is complete.

Have a jolly spiffing day all and don’t go tiptoeing through the spring flowers.

Stay safe all.

Hopefully attached.View attachment 65368
Love this @alf_Josiah
A winner for Mrs J!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
7.1 again, do not understand why?

Saturday, so it must be footie day, unless the tv want you to play anytime between midnight and midnight, any day of the week! Who is in charge? Money obviously.

I must be getting brave, my instructions for Mrs L is to have another day in her pit, as she does need the rest, and so far, like yesterday up until it was feeding time, then it was just so manic, her misrememberitis was totally unbelievable. Mrs L was so mixed up about everything, it was awful but sometimes it can be funny. Hairdressers Thursday, went to brush her hair in big mirror over fireplace last evening. Already assured that she hadn't missed her appointment, she turned and asked who and when, cut her hair?
It was the look of disbelief on her face.

My best wishes to you all as always!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 at 0345.

@gennepher, glad you got your car fixed. Typical of many businesses these days - cheapest components possible - "never mind the quality, feel the width" kind of attitude.
@JohnEGreen, depends on whether you want to keep your personal data to yourself. If everything about you is in someone else's database, it is vulnerable.
@alf_Josiah, that's quite a striking image of a forest floor. The "winner" is for Mrs J.
@dunelm, that's another winner. Very wintery. That little man could probably do with a hot cup of coffee to keep him warm.
Thanks @Annb
But it makes me wonder what is the next thing to go...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from dry Saturday early in what probably won't be totally dry January here but I'll be unlikely to reach 14 units all month. That may count for some but will take no self control from me. Birthday girl alive and almost kicking for the visit of 2 granddaughters and a great grandson from Surrey and a surprise afternoon tea later. The cake has been decorated - no, not 94 candles. Tomorrow will be a down home Sunday roast with our #3 son and 2 great grandchildren possibly #1 son and 2 other great grandchildren. @JohnEGreen personally I would be keen to participate in that research if only if at all possible to help my boys, grandchildren or anyone else avoid the **** which has and will come my way but YMMV. @dunelm thanks for sharing the art - I very much like this series. @alf_Josiah thank Mrs A J for sharing her art. @gennepher the journey to car improvement may have been unconventional but the destination is so much better. There seems to be a pattern emerging here. @jjraak a less eventful journey to work. Well done on returning to testing and seeing the upside of life. @Krystyna23040 take it easy - as if. Here's _ possibly - a wonderful photo of dockey time in the Fens for some soon to be horny handed sons (and daughters) of toil. I can't promise y'all a Pedro Porro sized ear to ear beam but have a good day with as many little epiphanies as possible. The key seems to be not looking for them and defo not working to achieve them - they happen.
Thanks Ian...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Slept well Last night just three visit to toilet and slept sound, after breakfast we put out my tablets for week in indiviualised boxes.
A very frosty morning with attractive floral pattern on car wind screens.
That floral pattern must have been wonderful - heaven in the ordinary
Screenshot 2024-01-06 15.14.54.png

Taken from this poem . Put much better than I was trying to say earlier. Just at this minute heaven in the ordinary is a cup of tea, keto Panettone and Leicester scoring a breakaway try. Yours?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those who shortly will be tiptoeing through tulips wearing boover boots.

Blood sugars this morning were 6.7

Not sure how the day here in Tilehurst Towers is going to pan out, but yesterday when all my troubles seemed so far away, ahem a slight digression there. Me me’s and myself avoided the dreaded haircut and beard trim, whew, but I am sure Mrs J will renew her campaign now her latest artwork is complete.

Have a jolly spiffing day all and don’t go tiptoeing through the spring flowers.

Stay safe all.

Hopefully attached.View attachment 65368
Smashing new piece of artwork by Mrs J

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
RAC
Nice man. Came very quickly.
It turns out that my car is a hybrid model as far as batteries are concerned.
Two batteries, one is 12 V and then the normal 48 V

The 12 volts runs the locking mechanism and a pile of other little things in the car. The RAC man said the 12 V one was knackered. It was broken, and it was such a poor quality, 12 V one, and he said that's what they do nowadays, but the cheapest stuff they can in the car. This car is only barely 6 months old and they put parts in it that don't even last six months...

Don't worry said the RAC man, I have put a much better quality 12 V battery in for you that will last he said.

No words for this shoddy parts scam by the car manufacturers, because that is what it is....

Now to go out and get my meds.

Oh RAC man showed me a hidden slider which I need a penknife for (of course all good Brownies carry a penknife...) where I can open or lock the car if this 12 V battery ever fails agin, but I have put a good quality 12 V one on for you...
Well glad that the RAC man came quickly and sorted out the shoddy battery.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.5 at 0345.

Thank you @Annb - best include a flask in future ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your art comment @ianpspurs - another one tomorrow.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

The lowest in awhile, then my morning got spoilt by the car not starting because of cheapskate parts. And then me not being able to lock it because everything was dead. So I had to be watching out for it until the RAC man arrived. He was lovely.

It meant I was 3 hours later before I collected my meds and did my shopping, and by that time it's very difficult finding car parking spaces, and the disabled spots were taken by 2 separate taxi drivers and a third person whom I later saw sprinting back to their car without any apparent sign of disability. This meant the only space left to me was restricted and not enough room for me nor my walkerto get out of the car easily. So, I struggled, and by the time I got back I was too tired so went to bed and have slept since. It is now nearly 4 pm...

Creative - make of that what you will.

Wildlife nighttime video
Badger wants a drink BUT the water is frozen.
The badgers always want water in my garden. And constantly return to this bucket of water all night...
36 seconds

I hope you had a good day...

IMG_5200.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

The lowest in awhile, then my morning got spoilt by the car not starting because of cheapskate parts. And then me not being able to lock it because everything was dead. So I had to be watching out for it until the RAC man arrived. He was lovely.

It meant I was 3 hours later before I collected my meds and did my shopping, and by that time it's very difficult finding car parking spaces, and the disabled spots were taken by 2 separate taxi drivers and a third person whom I later saw sprinting back to their car without any apparent sign of disability. This meant the only space left to me was restricted and not enough room for me nor my walkerto get out of the car easily. So, I struggled, and by the time I got back I was too tired so went to bed and have slept since. It is now nearly 4 pm...

Wildlife nighttime video
The badgers always want water in my garden. And constantly return to this bucket of water all night...
36 seconds

View attachment 65372
Thank you for sharing the creative, some of which seems to make sense of your day (to me) based on earlier today but that may be me making 2 + 2 = 485. You having the skill and vision to create something to help you process that experience your way is "the thing" I imagine. You seem to be the epitome of I create therefore I am. Take care.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Fbg 6.3

Wildlife nighttime video
36 seconds

View attachment 65372
My goodness Gennepher! You do seem to have a violent streak. Quite forgiveable in the circumstances.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for sharing the creative, some of which seems to make sense of your day (to me) based on earlier today but that may be me making 2 + 2 = 485. You having the skill and vision to create something to help you process that experience your way is "the thing" I imagine. You seem to be the epitome of I create therefore I am. Take care.
I was just messing (painting) until I had worked most of negative of the day out of me. There was about an hours worth work (you cannot see) under the detail of the circle part you can see, and the file was too big at 12 mb, so it had to be reduced, then worked on again, until I felt released....
I think the 2+2 does =4...