What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 at 03.45. Just took my first dose of medicine prescribed yesterday. Horrible cherry flavour and lots of things in it I wouldn't normally touch with a barge-pole. However, needs must. Just having a cup of coffee to take the taste away. We'll see what effect it has. It's an anti-fungal - just to see if there is any fungal infection hanging around - wouldn't know, never had such a thing in the past so wouldn't recognise it now.
Fingers crossed @Annb that it does the trick.
I hate cherry flavoured medicine...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got into a conversation with Neil about some electrical subject - can't remember what the question was - which of course, led to a long lecture about electronics and safety. He surprised me by bringing along for me to see, a selection of his electrical archive (aka hoard) of sockets and adaptors, including some European ones to show me the difference between UK standards over the years and European ones, digressing a bit into US practice and regulations. He even had one of those old adaptors that we used to put into light sockets so that you could have power as well as light in a room. I remember my brother having one of those in his bedroom in the 50's. Neil has a habit of quoting which number regulation applies to which equipment and situation which is totally wasted on me, but he seems to know what he's talking about. Just as well one of us does.

Poor Neil had to take me to see the GP yesterday and had to push me in my chair to the consulting room. I had a bit of a smile to myself when the doctor assumed that Neil was my husband! That used to happen when people saw me, as a teenager, walking with my Dad. He was assumed to be my boyfriend. Used to tickle him no end. Neil very rarely gives anything away but I can't think he would be pleased to be thought to be the spouse of a 78 year old. :D
I remember those adapters that you put into the light socket....you ran quite a bit from it including an electric fire...

The funny is for you having a smile for poor Neil as he wheeled you into the doctor's office...

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.4 wonderful Wednesday.
My thermometer in my garden has touched 19degrees.
Yay!
Already sitting and doing stuff in my garden, at last!
And that is where I'll be If anyone needs me.
Mrs L still wants heating on. Aaaaagggghhhh!

You know where I'll be.
Best wishes to you all as always.....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Wildlife nighttime video
Badger jumps on the swing...
56secs

Creative is a 10 sec one line squiggle...
A man coming out of the supermarket with a plastic bottle of milk...

The sun is in and out today, playing hide and seek.

Chunky Marmalade needed rescuing from Midnight last night. His eyes look to me for help. He won't fight Midnight because his goal is to be a house cat, and he stands no chance if he gets in a fight with the resident cat. Midnight doesn't want to share, but bit by bit he has found himself sharing opposite ends of the couch with ginger cat Merlin, sharing his food bowl with black cat Amy, sharing opposite ends of the swing in daytime with Chunky Marmalade, and opposite ends of the swing at nighttime with black & white cat Jade. The only one I can handle is Midnight, and he can get moody. Merlin I can pat on the head but not pick up.The other 3 say no stroking or pickin up...

The magpie has figured out how to hang from the bird feeders, and takes big chunks of fatballs back for his babies.

And I am trying to tidy up my garden with a spade and find missing things...that the badger (I assume) has buried...something has a fetish for burying my ornaments...

Time for a cuppa I think...

Have your best day...
IMG_7187.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Wildlife nighttime video
Badger jumps on the swing...
56secs

Creative is a 10 sec one line squiggle...
A man coming out of the supermarket with a plastic bottle of milk...

The sun is in and out today, playing hide and seek.

Chunky Marmalade needed rescuing from Midnight last night. His eyes look to me for help. He won't fight Midnight because his goal is to be a house cat, and he stands no chance if he gets in a fight with the resident cat. Midnight doesn't want to share, but bit by bit he has found himself sharing opposite ends of the couch with ginger cat Merlin, sharing his food bowl with black cat Amy, sharing opposite ends of the swing in daytime with Chunky Marmalade, and opposite ends of the swing at nighttime with black & white cat Jade. The only one I can handle is Midnight, and he can get moody. Merlin I can pat on the head but not pick up.The other 3 say no stroking or pickin up...

The magpie has figured out how to hang from the bird feeders, and takes big chunks of fatballs back for his babies.

And I am trying to tidy up my garden with a spade and find missing things...that the badger (I assume) has buried...something has a fetish for burying my ornaments...

Time for a cuppa I think...

Have your best day...
View attachment 67432
Thank you for sharing the creative. Amazing for 10 seconds and only 1 line.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My cleaner went off sick many weeks ago now and, although I saw her once in her car, I've heard nothing since so, today I came to an agreement with Em. I'll pay her the same rate for the same job - once we have the house put back together and we can see the floor again. She said she would willingly do it without pay, but kind though that is, I can't have that. It is a job and it has a going rate (my idea of a going rate for a manual job, which is a bit more than the national rate) and to have any other arrangement just because she is my grand daughter, would be exploitation.

Still feeling very sore and tum is very touchy. Not going to take medication until it has improved a lot - if I do take it.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Ian. New (to me) GP but helpful and didn't tell me it was my nerves. Checked BP and it is at an all-time-low (for me) of 120/55. Don't think it's been that low in 60 years. Heart and lungs sound fine. Congratulated me on my BG control - actually in the non-diabetic range now, he tells me. Well, I knew that was likely but nice to know. Blood test last week showed nothing out of the ordinary but he thinks that it has to be some kind of infection - maybe kidney, maybe liver, maybe still UTI so more tests needed. No more antibiotics at present though - the last 3 lots didn't do any good, so no point in making things worse.

By the time we got home my stomach was sore but I felt it could handle something. It felt as though it could cope with a tiny orange (about 11/2 inch diameter, quite sharp, very nice). It hurt when it hit my tum, but it stayed put. Good start.

Cheery, is the expression used here on the islands. Definitely not cheerio. But, each to his own.
My FBG Wednesday, 4.7 mmol on waking at 6.00 am.

Thank you for your update @Annb. Thankfully, you've received prompt attention from your new GP.
Cheerio and toodle-pip.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow morning for a CT Colonoscopy the euphemistically termed bowel prep tastes awful and is a bit difficult to cope with and not being able to eat owt is bugging me a little.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Neil is still trying to get Glasgow Royal Infirmary to give him a different appointment for a colonoscopy after telling them that he would need to travel the day before his procedure. The quickest form of transport could only get him there by noon from here and that while being under the influence of the "bowel prep" and no food. Not sure that Loganair would be happy to have him on one of their flights in that situation. He's just not prepared to do it. As we all know here, Neil can be a stubborn character when he wants, so either he will persuade them, or he will have to forgo checking and/or treatment for his Crohn's disease. It seems that the Royal Infirmary doesn't trust the Western Isles hospital to do the check for them.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
Badger sheltering from the rain on the swing
56secs

Creative. Sat having my usual cuppa and a rest between shops. And along comes this puffa coat apparition...I did not see her approach, I was looking the other direction. But iPad was at the ready, so a one line squiggle...it is easier drawing these big rather than on my little phone screen. Her legs were slim and bare, except for tattoos. But the question is, did she have a very large upper body, or did she just love an extra extra extra large puffa coat? We shall never know...

I missed a photo of the magpie just now hanging on the bird feeder. I was pouring a cuppa from my flask. And so I get my phone all ready for his return, he usually comes back immediately. But 5 minutes later my hand cannot hold my phone camera any more...

Time for another cuppa...

Have your best day...

IMG_7198.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this lovely warm and sunny morning.
Dog walk and Aldi shop done. Am now having my first coffee.

Should get loads of admin done today My Norwich venue is a polling station so am only doing my evening classes on Zoom and have moved my afternoon 1:1s to other days.

A much easier day than my normal Thursday.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember those adapters that you put into the light socket....you ran quite a bit from it including an electric fire...

The funny is for you having a smile for poor Neil as he wheeled you into the doctor's office...
Me too.

But my funny was poor @Annb, sat quietly listening as Neil said, "wait a minute, I have a few examples of just what I mean in this big old pile here .....lol "

Bravo for such a loving, patient manner, that Neil feels able to share such knowledge.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on another day with the prospect of 23°C in the deep, deep blue Eatanswill heartlands for vote early, vote often day episode one. @JohnEGreen I hope all goes well today. @Annb I hope leg day goes well. bandaging not the gym I guess. I hope Neal can persuade the powers that be to change the location to nearer home. @Krystyna23040 good news on a more leisurely Thursday. @gennepher thank you for sharing another example of your amazing skill with those quick sketches. Remember to do your duty and save our Rishi or goodness knows who the backwoodsmen will foist upon us even for a few months. The Dark Lord returns?? Be afraid, be very afraid.:bigtears::bigtears:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all on another day with the prospect of 23C in the deep, deep blue Eatanswill heartlands for vote early, vote often day episode one. @JohnEGreen I hope all goes well today. @Annb I hope leg day goes well. bandaging not the gym I guess. I hope Neal can persuade the powers that be to change the location to nearer home. @Krystyna23040 good news on a more leisurely Thursday. @gennepher thank you for sharing another example of your amazing skill with those quick sketches. Remember to do your duty and save our Rishi or goodness knows who the backwoodsmen will foist upon us even for a few months. The Dark Lord returns?? Be afraid, be very afraid.:bigtears::bigtears:
Thanks Ian

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
Badger sheltering from the rain on the swing
56secs

Creative. Sat having my usual cuppa and a rest between shops. And along comes this puffa coat apparition...I did not see her approach, I was looking the other direction. But iPad was at the ready, so a one line squiggle...it is easier drawing these big rather than on my little phone screen. Her legs were slim and bare, except for tattoos. But the question is, did she have a very large upper body, or did she just love an extra extra extra large puffa coat? We shall never know...

I missed a photo of the magpie just now hanging on the bird feeder. I was pouring a cuppa from my flask. And so I get my phone all ready for his return, he usually comes back immediately. But 5 minutes later my hand cannot hold my phone camera any more...

Time for another cuppa...

Have your best day...

View attachment 67439
Smashing image of the tattooed Michelin Woman.