What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Governments listened.

And as we speak, swinging into action....thanks be to god.... :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

All very well but there are those who don't even have enough food for the day, never mind storing an emergency kit. There are also those who have no space to store the amount of food and water that would keep them going for 3 days. Fine if you can - waste of breath if you can't. As usual, recommendations are aimed at those who already have more than others. Those "others" are just "acceptable casualties", as usual.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Obviously haven't decided which bloke they know down the pub is going to get the billion dollar contract so he can go on eBay (turkey) & buy sub standard products :cool: :mad:

No kick backs to the person putting him onto that new VIP lane, obv ;)
Several Tory MPs looking for jobs and are (allegedly) already actively applying . Here's secret footage of one desperate Red Wall MP's search for that and other jobs

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a fog laden, precipitous start to what looks like deluge Wednesday here in the dark and dangerous north. Buy one, get one free weather events are over rated. Just seen someone festooned with waterproof clothing walking his or her or its rain caped dog up the road, hand full of little black bags. Don’t know who looks more dejected, the human or the dog as they disappear back into the fog. Art bit - saw a photo recently of the Hallgrimskirkja church in Reykjavik, so, just for fun - “In Reykjavik a little known sect of Gaussian Mathematicians are praying for the return of the Standard Distribution. Outliers are shunned and sent to Purgatory which has now grown more popular than Coventry.” Have a smasher of a day, especially if you are part otter. It’s pre-bin day so I expect to get wet putting them out - which saves on shower water. I think that I shall have another koffy and put on a ganzy.
Interesting art bit @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Obviously haven't decided which bloke they know down the pub is going to get the billion dollar contract so he can go on eBay (turkey) & buy sub standard products :cool: :mad:

No kick backs to the person putting him onto that new VIP lane, obv ;)
Only donors allowed in the bunkers/ fallout shelters?
Bribes before brains!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Several Tory MPs looking for jobs and are (allegedly) already actively applying . Here's secret footage of one desperate Red Wall MP's search for that and other jobs
Don't understand this, as most tory mps have at least a second job.
Some of them haven't been in parliament for ages, as they feather their bank accounts.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Had to go out early to collect a parcel.
But only a third of it had been delivered.
Where's the other two thirds that I have paid for?

Another thing to sort out, and now I cannot start that job...and I don't feel like sorting that out today.
And then to add insult to injury, the Noah's Ark deluge happened just as I got out of my car back to my bungalow...
Totally drowned and for nothing since I did not get my full parcel.

I now have tummy ache and a chill....

Tired and dispirited I went to bed under an electric blanket where at half two I have only just woke up....

Videos...here is my little bluetit I was videoing yesterday.
12secs
Ah, that has had more views than I thought it would...that has cheered me up...
I might bore you next few days with more videos of my wee little bluetit.
I was sitting on the swing, videoing this wee little bluetit less than one metre in front of me. It didn't seem to mind me videoing it, and wasn't fazed by my phone...

Creative...one line sketch of a woman better protected than me against the rain...a woman with a long puffer jacket, holding what looked like a prescription, heading for the pharmacy....

I am watching the birds at the moment...they don't mind the rain...I am going to snuggle back down the bed...getting up? Not happening...I need some more snuggle warmth...

Have your best day.

IMG_7608.jpeg

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Gennepher, I've run out of words to use to praise your sketches. They are brilliant and so full of life and character.

Tired and sore today so I haven't bothered with food - too much effort. Too many boxes to climb over to get to cupboards, even to put washed dishes and pots away. Just had unhealthy snacks today and don't expect to have anything other than those. BG a bit high, but I don't really care.

Car's in the garage and it appears to be a fault with the ABS sensor. Not much in itself, but I daresay the whole instrument panel will have to be taken out to get to it. Not sure if it will come back today. If not I'll have to cancel my leg appointment tomorrow - no other way of getting there (other than spending about £50 on a taxi, which I'm not going to do).

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.7 this very damp and moist morning, pre #8 having fun at my expense.
#8 has expressed a view about going and playing in the swimming pool in the garden.
Nanny, (Mrs L) is spoiling him with too much food and treats, as nans do.
Had a rough night on top of this, so I'm truly knackered now, as his mum and dad have picked him up.
But he is fun, the ratbag.
No garden today, as I'm allergic to rain and I don't like getting my hair wet.
So watching PO, and obviously she can't remember and not her fault despite the evidence to the contrary. Didn't understand IT. No one told her. I think these people have training in lying as part of the job role.
Just like a tory minister.

In other news. I ashamed not to remember Grenfell towers in my rant. And the cover up.

Historically, Every time I visit the city or take the grandkids to the many museums there.
It is in your face, because of the buildings on the waterfront and around the city itself that were built because of the money and riches garnered mainly because of the slave trade.
The city was the main port in England, to own or provide the means for the slave trade to grow in the way it did until the mid 19th century. The government then, backed the slave owning states until it was obvious that the confederacy couldn't win. It was very close to recognising the new formed country. Even though slavery was banned seventy years in England, previously in the 18th century.
My own home town has a US civil war plaque, because a ship known as a raider, was built here, and cotton and other goods were brought into the docks, and until recently, there was a molasses company based in the docks.
I don't believe that the port or city would have been As large or commercial if it wasn't for slavery.

It's horrible out there.
Batten down the hatches people, stay warm and dry.
My best wishes you lot once and for always.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fbg 6.9

Had to go out early to collect a parcel.
But only a third of it had been delivered.
Where's the other two thirds that I have paid for?

Another thing to sort out, and now I cannot start that job...and I don't feel like sorting that out today.
And then to add insult to injury, the Noah's Ark deluge happened just as I got out of my car back to my bungalow...
Totally drowned and for nothing since I did not get my full parcel.

I now have tummy ache and a chill....

Tired and dispirited I went to bed under an electric blanket where at half two I have only just woke up....

Videos...here is my little bluetit I was videoing yesterday.
12secs
Ah, that has had more views than I thought it would...that has cheered me up...
I might bore you next few days with more videos of my wee little bluetit.
I was sitting on the swing, videoing this wee little bluetit less than one metre in front of me. It didn't seem to mind me videoing it, and wasn't fazed by my phone...

Creative...one line sketch of a woman better protected than me against the rain...a woman with a long puffer jacket, holding what looked like a prescription, heading for the pharmacy....

I am watching the birds at the moment...they don't mind the rain...I am going to snuggle back down the bed...getting up? Not happening...I need some more snuggle warmth...

Have your best day.

View attachment 67806
could I request some artwork of the bluetit??
And i mean a colourful sketch instead of the video artwork.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Gennepher, I've run out of words to use to praise your sketches. They are brilliant and so full of life and character.

Tired and sore today so I haven't bothered with food - too much effort. Too many boxes to climb over to get to cupboards, even to put washed dishes and pots away. Just had unhealthy snacks today and don't expect to have anything other than those. BG a bit high, but I don't really care.

Car's in the garage and it appears to be a fault with the ABS sensor. Not much in itself, but I daresay the whole instrument panel will have to be taken out to get to it. Not sure if it will come back today. If not I'll have to cancel my leg appointment tomorrow - no other way of getting there (other than spending about £50 on a taxi, which I'm not going to do).
UPDATE; The garage phoned. The car is done is waiting to be picked up. Neil will catch the bus into town to pick the car up. While he's there he will go to my young friend's house and have a look at the piano to see what can be done with it.