What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on the first full day of Vox Pop overload. Has Brenda from Bristol been wheeled out yet? I dread to think what poison that mendacious Farage personage and those of his ilk will spread into the public domain. @dunelm what a kind act for Mrs Miggins' brother. Thank you for sharing the splendiferous, coniferous art. @Annb enjoy the meal. Today is drip trip day (no, not at a lectern outside No10) and the anniversary of my parents' funeral - all the fun of the fair. Steak and salad (a finely chopped strawberry or two in salad is a game changer) with a glass of red should be a pleasant evening repast. I must ask the Food Fairy to make another keto Eton Mess - we have some strawberries of our own (no, she doesn't put salad in it) Enjoy your day.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All the best with that. I don’t need an under patch but I do use an overlay. Mind you, I’m not using them so much nowadays as I think that they sometimes cause anxious glances at phone screens when trying to enjoy anything other than a piece of glutton free, low carb, very good for your gut flora cardboard.
I don’t get so hung up on that to be honest… I think I have the confidence in the fact that I broadly stick to a low to moderate carb intake most of the time, having spent/wasted time in overbearing LCHF groups where people refuse to accept that everybody is different.

What spikes me might be different for someone else, so as long as I can work on a downward trend the majority of the time (latest healthscare notwithstanding) then I really don’t give a hoot anymore about anyone else’s plans and what they think about mine.

I am more concerned about getting as accurate a measure of carbs into My Fitness Pal as is reasonably possible for what I eat, and then saving that for future use in my carb counting. Anyone else’s views are simply that… as someone once told me… opinions are like bottom holes. Everyone has one.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Happy national bin day Morening and those who have laced their garden with traps to catch political canvassers. Wood eye do such a thing, nope, don’t need two.

Blood sugars this morning were a straight 7

Now me, me’s and myself must away from here, stay safe all. Remember the 5th of July when the idiot box could possibly be ov use again.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on the first full day of Vox Pop overload. Has Brenda from Bristol been wheeled out yet? I dread to think what poison that mendacious Farage personage and those of his ilk will spread into the public domain. @dunelm what a kind act for Mrs Miggins' brother. Thank you for sharing the splendiferous, coniferous art. @Annb enjoy the meal. Today is drip trip day (no, not at a lectern outside No10) and the anniversary of my parents' funeral - all the fun of the fair. Steak and salad (a finely chopped strawberry or two in salad is a game changer) with a glass of red should be a pleasant evening repast. I must ask the Food Fairy to make another keto Eton Mess - we have some strawberries of our own (no, she doesn't put salad in it) Enjoy your day.
Hope drip trip goes well today @ianpspurs

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy national bin day Morening and those who have laced their garden with traps to catch political canvassers. Wood eye do such a thing, nope, don’t need two.

Blood sugars this morning were a straight 7

Now me, me’s and myself must away from here, stay safe all. Remember the 5th of July when the idiot box could possibly be ov use again.
gawd… canvassers. This is where my Ring doorbell pays for itself!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope the trip goes well today Ian. Sad day, but perhaps a chance to remember the happy times as well. Enjoy your steak and salad.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The car's problem wasn't in the dashboard display - it was a sensor on one of the wheels. The bearing on the left wheel needed replacing and it looks as though the other one will need it too. A bit more expensive than I had anticipated. Another hit for my bank balance, and another one to come when N gets the parts in for the right wheel bearing. The car is getting to that stage where one thing after another goes wrong and so it becomes an expensive hobby to keep it going. Still, better than not having a car.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs and good wishes for the drip trip - don’t get your suite wet.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.8 on this trip trip day. Good luck @ianpspurs.
It took me a minute to understand it wasn't the drip tripping around the country espousing the same ol BS.

#8 had an hour with me, and what a conversation that was, he was explaining how a mouse on the box was funny and falling about, copying him and laughing. And the rain was falling and daddy got wet.
I told him it was going to the shop that I got wet myself, he did laugh at that.

More phone calls to the pharmacy.
Another phone call to the surgery.
Another phone call to the council.
Another phone call to the housing.
Dates to be recorded and cross checked.
I think I need a secretary and not the bird kind.

Another night of ups and downs.
Am seriously thinking of sleeping patterns.

Ok, I've been threatening my dreams lately.
A coup!e of blue coming towards and dreaming noise and heat, pain in my left arm, waking up in one screaming. So many repeats.
Grey walking on dusty paths, again hot and dry.
Stuck on a car production line, not being able to keep up and not getting the job right. The anxiety, panic, frustration, anguish, this one does not help with being positive.
Can't find my way back to where I either want to go or be. Like I'm lost in a completely dark place. So a feeling of desperation and loss.
I did have lately a dream of having a party, but me younger, and not aware of knowing anyone that was there.
I didn't, but my actions and demeanour, meant I did. Strange.

I did read a theory before this, that dreams were a sight into other parallel universe maybe that was the trigger for it.
But in my experience of these dreams, in vivid Technicolor, I don't agree with that.
My life, and My brain with the production line to make sense of the mental health issues, certainly.
But, those recurring dreams, certainly someone else's life experience.
I have no doubt about that.
And others, random historical events dreams that are not repetitive.
I do know I'm weird, with weird dreams, wether the chemistry of my RH conditon or an unknown trigger.
And I'm aware the impact of those dreams on my moods, tiredness, energy levels, and the pain I do get from them. Never mind the odd bruise, the severe itching in that area of my body, for no apparent reason.

Enough.
Back to life, back to reality.
There is a tune in that somewhere.

Mrs L is demanding a cuppa.
Must dash.

Be back later.

Later.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a, so far, fairly dry start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Yesterday was wipeout day as I didn’t fancy donning waterproofs and welly boots. The garden looks nice and green mind although some petals have been dragged screaming from their siblings on the roses. Today we are taking part in a respite home break out and taking Mrs Miggins’ brother out to lunch. Might need to get ladders out and clean the front gutter as it was giving free demonstrations of how waterfalls develop. Art bit - there is a row of coniferous trees nearby. Happy International Bin Day and I hope your day is less moist than yesterday. Koffy calls - strange noise.
Great art bit @dunelm
I drew some trees this morning also...to post another day...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope drip day goes smoothly @ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Wildlife videos
Same bluetit...
Bluetit is moved by a sparrow, but comes straight back
15 secs

Creative is a one line sketch of a woman in a bobble hat...

Have your best day.

Time for a cuppa

IMG_7630.jpeg