What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Because I am going out for a meal with friends this afternoon, this is messing up my plans of only morning eating which appears to work well for me. If I do not eat protein soon after getting up, my blood sugars rise 2 or 3 points within a couple of hours, and they stay there most of the day, and my evening reading is higher than normal and so is my next morning's reading.

I normally have just protein for my first meal, some carbs can happen at the next meal. This keeps my blood sugars on an even keel.

I went to the fridge this morning and notice a small packet of corned beef which should be eaten by today. I'll eat that tomorrow I thought, but the next packet of chilled meat says eat by date tomorrow.

Okay I will have the corned beef for breakfast.

But moments later I am really craving sweet stuff and want to stuff my face. So I check the carbs and sugar...1 gram sugar so 1 carb. Surely it shouldn't affect me this much. But I have noticed in the past when I get a 6 slice packet of corned beef I will eat the whole thing in one go. This was a 4 slice packet.

I am annoyed now...so out comes fry pan and I fry eggs and cheese to dampen this sweet craving, and I have a cwc.

This should settle the sweet cravings, but that corned beef stimulus is still in my mouth.

Alas, methinks, no more corned beef for me.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Manic few days! Hubby retired so family and friends descending on us from every angle. His last day yesterday. Flown to Roma today. Will catch up. Don't like to miss anything.

Scorchio here. 29 degrees!

5.8 today

Heres my social media post from yesterday. Will post pics of our jolies when I can get good wifi.

Hope all is well with everyone, I am about 3 days behind!!!

What a week! Memorable in the best possible way. I'm going to keep this short (ish .). Getting picked up st 3am and not even packed! That said we are flying with Ryanair so might not need to .

Emotional day for Eric today. Understatement. He made it! Overwhelming the amount of good wishes, cards and presents he has received for his retirement (semi I keep reminding him!).

Just want to share a few photos of this momentous day. Let's raise a toast to Eric (God knows we can fill up ALL your glasses 10 times over with the amount of alcohol received .). We will be spending much of the next few months completely blotto. If we go off radar you know why! Hic! Burp! More ice please....

Joking aside I just want to say a massive thanks to each and every one of you for your good wishes and heartfelt words. We literally haven't stopped crying. Your words have meant the world to us.

Now pack your bags, we are taking you to Rome.....and beyond, way beyond going to keep you guessing....be warned, I have a selfie stick....and a back up .

Attachments

• 20190821_212438_resized.jpg
    20190821_212438_resized.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Manic few days! Hubby retired so family and friends descending on us from every angle. His last day yesterday. Flown to Roma today. Will catch up. Don't like to miss anything.

5.8 today

Heres my social media post from yesterday. Will post pics of our jolies when I can get good wifi.

What a week! Memorable in the best possible way. I'm going to keep this short (ish .). Getting picked up st 3am and not even packed! That said we are flying with Ryanair so might not need to .

Emotional day for Eric today. Understatement. He made it! Overwhelming the amount of good wishes, cards and presents he has received for his retirement (semi I keep reminding him!).

Just want to share a few photos of this momentous day. Let's raise a toast to Eric (God knows we can fill up ALL your glasses 10 times over with the amount of alcohol received .). We will be spending much of the next few months completely blotto. If we go off radar you know why! Hic! Burp! More ice please....

Joking aside I just want to say a massive thanks to each and every one of you for your good wishes and heartfelt words. We literally haven't stopped crying. Your words have meant the world to us.

Now pack your bags, we are taking you to Rome.....and beyond, way beyond going to keep you guessing....be warned, I have a selfie stick....and a back up .
Congrats and well done to Eric. You are now both entering a new and exciting phase of your lives so most importantly I wish you both good health and lots of fun. (You know what they say Debs ...behind every good man is an even better woman...but why is she behind him I wonder!). Have a fab time in the eternal city.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. It’s raining. On and off. And on and off - like some child playing with the taps on a sink.

My wonder wheel of large lunches and spatchcock chicken dinners heralded the arrival of a 5.4 this am.

The bulk of yesterday was spent riding the roads less traveled in Upper Teasdale and other parts of The Land of The Price Bishops. A pleasant passtime of avoiding sheep and sometimes the more hardy members of the cycling fraternity.

Have a great day if you can. Hugs for those who feel broken down and spavined.

View attachment 35141

Beautiful countryside. I love the shadow and sun contrast.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 Thursday morning. I'm going to finish my coffee and head over to pick up my prescription refill as soon as the pharmacy opens and hopefully before the temp hits the 30s. It's 24 out there right now -- hardly feels like summer! :D

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning everyone. It’s raining. On and off. And on and off - like some child playing with the taps on a sink.

My wonder wheel of large lunches and spatchcock chicken dinners heralded the arrival of a 5.4 this am.

The bulk of yesterday was spent riding the roads less traveled in Upper Teasdale and other parts of The Land of The Price Bishops. A pleasant passtime of avoiding sheep and sometimes the more hardy members of the cycling fraternity.

Have a great day if you can. Hugs for those who feel broken down and spavined.

View attachment 35141

Not too far from me, lovely countryside up there, when a were a lad I used to enjoy riding around there. Alas not anymore the belly gets in the way and both my knees would disown me!! Enjoy it

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

5.8 today

A massive Happy Retirement, semi or otherwise, Eric and above all the both of you enjoy it. Don't drink too much.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from the eye clinic - really good sight in the injected eye. Injections worked - swelling at back of eye completely gone. Consultant very pleased. So no need for stressing out prior to the appointment. But of course you don't know that until after the appointment.

Have to go back for another check in 10 weeks - I am sure i will stress out sgain. Should really try not to stress but easier said than done.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from the eye clinic - really good sight in the injected eye. Injections worked - swelling at back of eye completely gone. Consultant very pleased. So no need for stressing out prior to the appointment. But of course you don't know that until after the appointment.

Have to go back for another check in 10 weeks - I am sure i will stress out sgain. Should really try not to stress but easier said than done.
Great news @Krystyna23040 now time to relax

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

FANTASTIC...:D

great news, and as you say easy to relax AFTERWARDS,

Here's to the next one, being even better.
m1272.gif

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit of a cop out sorry but in a rush, choir and recorder rehearsals tonight, and just catching up on posts whilst gobbling down a quick tea. So congratulations to all who have great things to celebrate and hugs for those who are struggling.

I will catch up later when back from rehearsals.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's early evening here, and the KittenCat and I have just woken up from a nice nap. She has gone back to sleep now, but I am wide awake, and, having just looked at the computer clock, I offer this to any of you who might still be up and about:

Or, for a slightly mellower mood:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A week of beating type 2 Diabetes in The Sun starting Saturday 24th. Lots of success stories to motivate.

Attachments

• 20190822_084548_resized.jpg
    20190822_084548_resized.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 236

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Post 1 from yesterday

Got the trumps. I mean trumpets....landed on time. Smooth flight as usual. Usual **** coffee! 29 degrees of clear blue skies.

Question is do we hop in a taxi for 50 euro. Or take the bus and metro with a short walk at the end for about 5? We are going for the challenge! Retired now so watching the pennies! This could be fun. #loadedup #camelbags #mustbemad

Post 2 realising not every decision we make is a good one!

Talk about trains, planes and automobiles! We did them all today, we have also done coach, metro and succumbed to a taxi for the last furlong!!! With hindsight we should have hopped in a taxi . still we only paid €18 (€10 was in taxi) in total instead of €50+ We saw lots of ticket offices. Many grumpy locals serving. But lots of locals who wanted to help us too . My pigeon Italian came in handy 'scusi where e il ticketo offico per favor'. Made it to our hotel. Not too shabby. Eric currently drinking coffee on the balcony like a real Italian. Well he is a real Italian! Going to spend the money we've saved on dinner out .

Post 3
The staff here are so friendly. Singing waiters with great voices, fab spot for people watching through my shades .. Quite a few armed guards knocking around (ak47s!!!) to make you feel safe. But bringing to the fore that it's a mad world sadly.This came (photo of bruschetta) We didn't order, apparently complimentary! They think they are doing us a favour. THEY ARE! It was hard to resist a piece. I didn't. Scrummy. Eric's beer didnt touch the sides!

Attachments

• 20190822_092248_resized.jpg
    20190822_092248_resized.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 20190822_142706_resized.jpg
    20190822_142706_resized.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 20190822_144158_resized.jpg
    20190822_144158_resized.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 20190822_153410_resized.jpg
    20190822_153410_resized.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 20190822_162957_resized.jpg
    20190822_162957_resized.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 243
  • 20190822_163345_resized.jpg
    20190822_163345_resized.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 240
  • 20190822_162957_resized.jpg
    20190822_162957_resized.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 236
  • 20190822_163720_resized.jpg
    20190822_163720_resized.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 20190822_170212_resized.jpg
    20190822_170212_resized.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 240

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, belated happy Anniversary @Muddy Cyclist, well a late finish last night with an hours drive back home to zero tea when I got in!! Gasp, shock horror! Now do I.....
A) Ask the better half to make me something, in a deep and masculine voice, immediately......or
b) enquire how her day has been whilst tripping over the doggo's (who at least are happy to see me at least) whilst rustling something up myself? safe in the knowledge that I still have both arms attached and my head still on my shoulders, I will let you guess dear readers. Anyway enough about my daily struggles my meter of Doom sat nestled in its cocoon of unbridled nastiness, just looking at me, daring me to unleash it. I being a bit on the heavy, and dim side decided to chance it...…………..6 it spat out with such viciousness I had to dive for cover in the dogs bed, it rampaged all around the kitchen , throwing things about (it even put the dishes away!) I escaped with my limbs intact and my faculties scrambled. I hope everyone has a good day and you get what you want out of it.
Tune in next week for more tales of mayhem and clutter!
Hilarious!