What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

MisplacedIdentity

5.7 this morning.

It's been between 8 and 10 all week as I've been advised not to have my fast acting insulin so they can monitor what my body can still do on its own due to having hypos 2 hours after eating. I'm still on long lasting insulin and Metformin.

Fasting overnight was only 7 hours too compared to my usual 10 hours

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Diabetes Forum mobile app

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 at 5.30 am.
Still persevering on my bike. Painful to sit down now!!
Off to have a very slow wander round the supermarket with my mother ( over 80 and recovering from lymphoma and the chemo has affected her feet)
Have a good day all

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.5 at 5.30 am.
Still persevering on my bike. Painful to sit down now!!
Off to have a very slow wander round the supermarket with my mother ( over 80 and recovering from lymphoma and the chemo has affected her feet)
Have a good day all
I can only do half an hour on my exercise bike for the same reason...now I'm not so well padded it's just too uncomfortable

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...another eventful day yesterday...I hot footed it down to London arriving at the venue for 13:30. & left there at 20:30 without eating the whole day...on the drive home ( two hours) I had to stop for some food....not a great deal of choice so it was a sandwich a drink & a bag of crisps with a side of mini pork pies...not ideal but I was so hungry it felt like a banquet...I relished each mouthful & unsurprisingly woke to a 6.2

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
your kidding.;)

every where we've ever gone MU fans everywhere.

i'd feel sorry for the lonely old city fans if it was me...:hilarious:

great stories. @Debandez
nice pics
(snazzy bar in the see..too posh for my tastes..we hit the harbour bars instead.)

enjoy..remember we're not here for long time.
we're here for a GOOD Time...(well ...long-ish as well...if possible, oh diabetic gods...:wideyed::watching::hilarious: )
No need to feel sorry for City fans Judith was quite happy after the match last night.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 at 07.15 however it was 4.6 at 04.30...how do I know that? Woke up and decided to go down to kitchen for glass of water and glanced at the mantlepiece clock in the shadows on the way..06.20 ..oh well might as well test since its morning. So did and was very pleased with myself. Climbed back into bed said to OH nearly time for you to get up isnt it dark? Wot he says its just gone half four!!!
@SaskiaKC another PM on here? @Goacher55 good luck with the tests.
@Bubbsie you got off light but its so annoying that there isnt anything suitable on these occasions. I was recently in both M&S cafe and Sainsbury cafe and there was nothing but sandwiches, cake the only option would have been soup without the roll but it wasnt that time of day.
@Debandez great stories and pics, making me laugh whch is needed.
These travelogues are almost as good as being there..well almost!
Have a great day everyone. Stay well, stay safe, and dry if you’re out.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fasting Blood Sugar is 9.9 this morning at 7 am.

Some stress yesterday...a lot actually...won't bore you, but it's fighting officialdom who have their own rules and it makes me frustrated and powerless, and this was despite someone else doing all the work for me while I was there.
I thought I was chilled out. Did the meditation lark. But even my friend got frustrated at the stupidness of it, so it was me calming her. It's not resolved yet. We have to fight another day on it.

I need a mantra to get these blood sugar levels down...

But first I have promised myself a breakfast meal out today....if I can wade through this torrential rain...

Cat is very upset with this atrocious rain and massive thunderstorms...

>^..^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bildad and @Bubbsie why do bike saddles have to be so rigid...they havent evolved the way bikes in general have? Bildad you will be doing the funny walk around the supermarket today. Btw my official FBG today is 6.2.
I even bought one of those padded gel saddle covers PM...still so uncomfortable...thinking I may try & 'weld' a cushion to the seat;)

Reactions: zauberflote

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you got off light but its so annoying that there isnt anything suitable on these occasions. I was recently in both M&S cafe and Sainsbury cafe and there was nothing but sandwiches, cake the only option would have been soup without the roll but it wasnt that time of day.
I was starving PM...wouldn't have eaten anything...the sandwich wasn't so bad but those cheeky little mini pork pies & the crisps were 'calling' me;)

Reactions: zauberflote

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 6.2. Cabn anyone help me mark this thread as a watched thread pls.
I am on the app and I ticked 'subscribed at the top of the page...I think that is what I did! I just jab buttons until something happens...
>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on the app and I ticked 'subscribed at the top of the page...I think that is what I did! I just jab buttons until something happens...
>^..^<
Ah, I might have pressed 'Watch Thread' under the tags relating to this thread...
>^..^<

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipping ahead to answer shame on me. Sleep quantity and quality, past stress, ambient stress, anticipatory stress, exercise or lack of, what type and where (when) in relation to food, ETA and recently pollen levels. My massive allergies are very well controlled but I think the stress to the body can be a factor anyway?. Is any of that data?
Now back 11 hours where I left off catching up
All very much data and possibly overlooked in many cases. Personally, I am starting to try to piece together the data to test a hunch that IF/OMAD now stresses my body thus raising resting heart rate and increasing bg levels. I think at my current place on the body composition scale they now show up fast - especially as I LC but don't find compensating with fat at all palatable/easy
Edited to add now before stresses

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 for me this morning. Can’t remember when I last had one in 7s
Ive arranged to meet an old friend for coffee this morning so can’t even dash off to the gym to work it off. I’m looking forward to seeing her though, we used to work in Clarks bakery together, our first Saturday job when we were at school. She found me on facebook and it seems she has moved to Cornwall too. Not too far from us but we are meeting in the middle for a good old catch up (about 45 years to get through!!!)
@gennepher hope you have a calmer day today, bureaucratic nonsense is hard to fight without getting stressed
@PenguinMum I bet Mr PM was happy to be told to get up at that hour
@Bubbsie I’ve found the same thing at some motorway places, and when you’re really hungry is not the time to be faffing about looking at labels. Costa is my bugbear - have met friends in there for a bite of lunch, then not been able to have anything so everyone feels uncomfortable. Surprisingly Good fbg for you though

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surprisingly Good fbg for you though
My FBG has risen lately DJC...even on low carb days but it's not something I am going to dwell on...I've had a spate of this before & it usually settles after a short while...I was a bit miffed at the choice of food available but eased into the contraband surprisingly well...I savoured every crisp as for the mini pork pie...hmmn hmmn hmmn.