What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning again ;)
I was 4.8 today

here we all are :happy:
I'm not naturally verbose, I'm usually the one sitting quietly in the corner enjoying the 'craic' but I do enjoy it!

Well I've done my bit for the environment this morning and put the blue bin out plus we've shared an hours strimming in our very untidy and wild garden (it's sandy and windy and not much grows - except weeds of course :hilarious:)

Mr gee's mum's garden is pretty large and also rather wild and tends to take up more of our energy, she was in the land army and loves gardening but it's difficult for her now.
We were going to bring her to ours to have lunch today and take her dog for a nice long village and beach walk but she needs to wait in for the plumber because something in the heating controller has failed:sorry:

Enjoy your day all ;)
The craic is what makes this forum so special. As well as the lovely people of course. And long may it continue.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well apart from the remainers and withdrawal agreement but this is obviously the will of the people (TM) MPGA (Make posting great again):angelic:

Well our transition went through quicker than a speeding bullet, there was no in fighting, nobody has resigned or defected and its business as usual but we get more perks. Theresa May could learn a lot on here (after all she is a diabetic!).

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well our transition went through quicker than a speeding bullet, there was no in fighting, nobody has resigned or defected and its business as usual but we get more perks. Theresa May could learn a lot on here (after all she is a diabetic!).
I would be amazed if she does not have her own total control plan and alternatives are unthinkable. Methinks she will send some nomark instead.

Reactions: gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today and I'm shocked! Shocked it's not higher. I'm on my jolies, half board here in Corralejo and goodness knows what's in this buffet food. I'm trying my best to make good choices. I feel my choices are excellent but my BS monitor does not agree. Still I'm.having a fab time. Here is today's social media post to give you a bit of a laugh:

Just a nice coastal walk today he said!!!! Seemed like a good idea. Happy with that. Got off to a good start. Weather on the upturn. 25 degrees and not a cloud in sight. Perfect.

Walking along for about an hour happy as Larry when the footpath abruptly came to an end.... but we hadn't reached the holy grail ('sea' bar in 5* hotel Bahai for drinks with spectacular coastal views as confirmed by local tour guide). We had to cross a very long stretch of sand. Not a problem....for most!

Oh the feeling of beautiful white sand between your toes ' OUCH THATS BL**DY HOT! ARE THEY BROKEN SHELLS I CAN FEEL? IS THAT THING ALIVE IN THERE, WHAT THE HELL, WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS!!!!' A german lady passing said 'you'd vud be better ov mit your sandals ov'. My school German came flooding back. 'Aufweidesehn Pet!!' But I politely smiled and trotted on, sandals still intact on feet... clinging on to them for dear life. Then the sand disappeared. Turned to stones! God they hurt. And not to mention the sweltering heat. Dragging my body along at this point. This pleasant walk was turning into some kind of Chinese torture. 'Are we there yet' I kept asking in my best spoilt child voice. Finally we came to the bar. Or was it a mirage??? No it was in fact a very upper class establishment open to non residents. Everyone looked like they were having breakfast at Tiffany's if you know what I mean. No handbag with me. No make up. No hair brush. No underarm!! No entry!!! My choice. 'Let's go to that nice glass fronted one half way back instead' he said. I was too exhausted to put up any sort of fight. Back over the stones and sand. This is what it must feel like doing the tough mudder I thought to myself.

Eventually got to said bar for light refreshment. And very nice it was too. Worth every grain of sand i will be washing out for weeks to come.

Attachments

• IMG-20190424-WA0031.jpg
    IMG-20190424-WA0031.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG-20190424-WA0040.jpg
    IMG-20190424-WA0040.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG-20190424-WA0034.jpg
    IMG-20190424-WA0034.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG-20190424-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20190424-WA0036.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG-20190418-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190418-WA0001.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez It's not possible to give a star and a hug rating so a winner rating for your determination and a hug for the pain involved and your blood sugar level not bad considering but you are there to enjoy so enjoy.:)
I actually felt great for completing the course :) no pain no gain :) happy as Larry :) thanks for your concern. I'm just concerned now as hubby wearing his Manchester utd shirt out on the town tonight. Big match on. He may be out numbered Haha.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes they do a great job moderating and it is thankless. But now does seem a good time to change that and say a massive THANK YOU to them all.
I do a home a1c test once a month. Not very confident in results though!

Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I actually felt great for completing the course :) no pain no gain :) happy as Larry :) thanks for your concern. I'm just concerned now as hubby wearing his Manchester utd shirt out on the town tonight. Big match on. He may be out numbered Haha.

your kidding.;)

every where we've ever gone MU fans everywhere.

i'd feel sorry for the lonely old city fans if it was me...:hilarious:

great stories. @Debandez
nice pics
(snazzy bar in the see..too posh for my tastes..we hit the harbour bars instead.)

enjoy..remember we're not here for long time.
we're here for a GOOD Time...(well ...long-ish as well...if possible, oh diabetic gods...:wideyed::watching::hilarious: )

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Just wondering, outside of BG level what data people access on a daily/more regular basis than 3/6 monthly bloods and if they seem to impact on bg levels. I ask only as if there was interest that could be another thread to avoid this one being derailed but also may help new members puzzled by higher bg levels but never considering those factors.

Skipping ahead to answer shame on me. Sleep quantity and quality, past stress, ambient stress, anticipatory stress, exercise or lack of, what type and where (when) in relation to food, ETA and recently pollen levels. My massive allergies are very well controlled but I think the stress to the body can be a factor anyway?. Is any of that data?
Now back 11 hours where I left off catching up

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Doing US numbers for yesterday, too tired to convert for you.
0600 yesterday 105, up 8 points from 0200 which was an hour before bed. Vacation prep takes time! DP was starting to kick in. 2 more hrs and might have been 115 or higher.
Anyway we made it in one piece, will pay mire attention tomor oops later today. After I SLEEP!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
your kidding.;)

every where we've ever gone MU fans everywhere.

i'd feel sorry for the lonely old city fans if it was me...:hilarious:

great stories. @Debandez
nice pics
(snazzy bar in the see..too posh for my tastes..we hit the harbour bars instead.)

enjoy..remember we're not here for long time.
we're here for a GOOD Time...(well ...long-ish as well...if possible, oh diabetic gods...:wideyed::watching::hilarious: )
One of my favourite expressions 'here for a good time not a long time'.

We ended up in 7 pints sports bar. Eric decided not to wear his shirt (he said I looked very dressed up and he would be letting the side down!). He wasnt impressed by MU performance and neither was I - lost ... again. I wittered on about them earning too much money (as usual). He was gutted but the gin was helping!!!

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. A bit too fresh down here on the Coast. Guess I will man-up and walk to the paper shop for some exercise, shortly. Warm glow from the "derby game", lasts for weeks, will keep out the cold.

FBG 8.3 mmo/lt at 0630 BST. Have been extra low on the LCHF diet, as in 50 g of peanuts and 2 Ryvita (plus protein/greens/salad) yesterday, no booze for days. So, an hypothesis for you. If the raised BG isn't coming from an input of carbs there must be an internal conversion of stored material going on? Sorry if that is too much detail! Yes, I am losing weight from 100 kg plus.

Have a good day everyone. Nice new forum BTW.