What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5,3 today (no test just a 4 yr average to fulfil 1st part of thread title). Great idea @HarrisonK and thanks for the link.
Edit: Apparently this thread really does show that leave means leave:angelic:

Moderator edit to remove reference to previously edited post

Last edited by a moderator:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all
Here's what I have posted on the " old " thread.
""
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and it appears moderators.
This will possibly be my last post on this thread, being one of the more verbose correspondents. I shall be moving over to the new thread, not wanting to cross swords with the moderators ( or Auditors as I think of them and the thankless task they perform ) again.

A 6.1 greeted me this morning.

Myself and my mates chaos and mayhem and the rest of me's wish you all well.
Thanks for all the laughs, support and knowledge you all have given over the last year or so. ""

Now can I ask someone to post funeral for a friend on the " old " thread. If I knew how to do it I would.
Edit: Four spelling mistake.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 good to see you here. When we used to travel to Cornwall on Saturdays in school holidays my OH always insisted we set off not later than 5am. The kids had pillows and rugs in the back and usually we were in Cornwall for a late breakfast. Mind you since those days the traffic will only have increased but the roads are a tad better. We usually took a diversion at Jamaica Inn. Worth it though.

I remember those days too. We used to send the girls to bed in new tracksuits then just lift them and put them in the car still half asleep, with pillows etc, to set off before dawn. They still remember the excitement of going to bed in ‘clothes’.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm experimenting...off to that there London for work shortly...might test just before I head off then again when I get there...hope the protestors are not still on Waterloo Bridge...the thought of Emma Thompson in full flight disturbs me.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning again ;)
I was 4.8 today

here we all are :happy:
I'm not naturally verbose, I'm usually the one sitting quietly in the corner enjoying the 'craic' but I do enjoy it!

Well I've done my bit for the environment this morning and put the blue bin out plus we've shared an hours strimming in our very untidy and wild garden (it's sandy and windy and not much grows - except weeds of course :hilarious:)

Mr gee's mum's garden is pretty large and also rather wild and tends to take up more of our energy, she was in the land army and loves gardening but it's difficult for her now.
We were going to bring her to ours to have lunch today and take her dog for a nice long village and beach walk but she needs to wait in for the plumber because something in the heating controller has failed:sorry:

Enjoy your day all ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hip Hip Hooray for @HarrisonK !

Thank you for starting this thread and linking me to it. It's great to see all of y'all here.

I woke before dawn this morning and immediately thought "silly o'clock," an expression I have learned here on this forum. FBG a nice round 6. I wish I could pop open a can of tuna & egg as I do for the KittenCat; the label would list all the numbers I need to watch, and it would be a microwave-safe can with an attached spork.

Oh, well, coffee on the stove is quick too. :)

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I woke to a 5.8 this morning. @HarrisonK Thank you for a shiny new thread. I am quite new on here but have enjoyed reading what people get up to.
I survived the trip to work yesterday and I managed to repeat the process again today. When did bike seats get so uncomfortable? I still have a fair amount of padding so it can't be that must be the bike seat!

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hi Harrison what a great idea. FBG 5.6 this morning. I am getting worried about the eye hospital appointment on Friday. My right eye has really deteriorated and I may need injections (yuk!) or laser. There seems to be a bit of rain on and off this morning which the garden needs even if I dont.

@karen8967 I hope you will be ok at work. Take care. Hugs.
@Freema glad you are better after all this time.
Have a great Wed everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Moderator edit As post disclosed info from PM
Only natural to feel nervous, PenguinMum but these things are usually a lot better than you imagine. My husband has glaucoma. He has lost some sight in his right eye already and a recent review showed some damage in his left eye but no loss of sight there yet. Due to very small pupils he cannot have laser treatment. He uses a new concoction of eye drops and is being monitored regularly. I sincerely hope all goes well for you.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
This is a thread for those chatterboxes who not only enjoy letting us know their daily fasting level but also like to engage in friendly banter above and beyond the simple 'hello'. I am not known for my banter but I do enjoy hearing from the regulars about how their day is going, feeds my soul.

So to you, my DCUK friends, here is a new page where you can be as verbose as you wish and still comply with the moderators stick.

Going to link names of regulars, kind of advert for this post and if I've missed your name I apologise.
@karen8967 @gennepher @Freema @johnpol @Jodie1154 @dunelm @philchap1 @alf_Josiah @dogslife @Bubbsie @PenguinMum @SaskiaKC @trick60 @Debandez @ziggy_w @Krystyna23040 @ianpspurs @geefull @jjraak @Patrick66 @OrsonKartt @Cumberland @Chronicle_Cat @Bildad @Goacher55 @JohnEGreen @Prem51
Thanks for including me, HarrisonK and well done for introducing this new thread.:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This is a thread for those chatterboxes who not only enjoy letting us know their daily fasting level but also like to engage in friendly banter above and beyond the simple 'hello'. I am not known for my banter but I do enjoy hearing from the regulars about how their day is going, feeds my soul.

So to you, my DCUK friends, here is a new page where you can be as verbose as you wish and still comply with the moderators stick..

Rated your post a winner and again thanks.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wondering, outside of BG level what data people access on a daily/more regular basis than 3/6 monthly bloods and if they seem to impact on bg levels. I ask only as if there was interest that could be another thread to avoid this one being derailed but also may help new members puzzled by higher bg levels but never considering those factors.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morening all
Here's what I have posted on the " old " thread.
""
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and it appears moderators.
This will possibly be my last post on this thread, being one of the more verbose correspondents. I shall be moving over to the new thread, not wanting to cross swords with the moderators ( or Auditors as I think of them and the thankless task they perform ) again.

A 6.1 greeted me this morning.

Myself and my mates chaos and mayhem and the rest of me's wish you all well.
Thanks for all the laughs, support and knowledge you all have given over the last year or so. ""

Now can I ask someone to post funeral for a friend on the " old " thread. If I knew how to do it I would.
Edit: Four spelling mistake.
Yes they do a great job moderating and it is thankless. But now does seem a good time to change that and say a massive THANK YOU to them all.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Just wondering, outside of BG level data people access on a daily/more regular basis than 3/6 monthly bloods and if they seem to impact on bg levels. I ask only as if there was interest that could be another thread to avoid this one being derailed but also may help new members puzzled by higher bg levels but never considering those factors.

As you and quite a few others are aware I have a host of medical issues and I can confirm external issues affect my morning blood sugars, but how that works for others I know not. This is why I never worry excessively about fasting ( morning as I call them ), this I have had confirmed by the diabetic consultant at my local hospital.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm experimenting...off to that there London for work shortly...might test just before I head off then again when I get there...hope the protestors are not still on Waterloo Bridge...the thought of Emma Thompson in full flight disturbs me.
Yes full flight of about 5,500 miles to protest about climate change @Bubbsie!! Hope all went well for you and there were no disruptions.